Usher & Shakira Replace Christina Aguilera & Cee Lo Green on 'The Voice' Season Four

Usher and Shakira will be replacing Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green on season four of The Voice, which is set to debut in the spring. Adam Levine and Blake Shelton will remain on the coaching panel. Christina and Cee Lo are expected to return for season five.

“We are thrilled to welcome Usher and Shakira to The Voice. The addition of these popular iconic artists continues the tradition established by Christina, Cee Lo, Adam and Blake,” NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt said in a statement. “Doing two back-to-back cycles of this show requires a tremendous amount of time, and we are happy to accommodate the commitments made by Christina and Cee Lo. The participants on our show benefit from our coaches’ expertise and their continued success in the music business allows for significant new contributions to the contestants when they return.”

“Being a coach on The Voice is a wonderful experience and the relationship amongst us all is like an extended family,” Christina said in her own statement “As I have expressed since day one of the show, that I am a singer and performer first and I am so excited to get back to that love. Since this year NBC and The Voice have decided to tape back-to-back seasons, requiring a full-year commitment, it is important for me to take Season 4 off, allowing me to support my music that my fans have been waiting for.”

“I’m highly enthusiastic about focusing my undivided attention on my additional endeavors and interests. I will return for Season 5 and will be watching Season 4. NBC is home, and as far as Usher and Shakira are concerned mi casa su casa,” Cee Lo said.

ARE YOU EXCITED to see Usher and Shakira act as replacements for Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green?

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

EWWWWWWWWWW Im not mad with Usher, but Shakira replacing Xtina? Really? I was expecting someone with the same status as Christina, like Beyoncé for example.

THEYRE SO GREAT

Oh No! I’m gonna miss Christina

Yay!! Its going to be hard now with Adam, Blake, Shakira and Usher, love them!

Usher is way too famous for this. He is an amazing entertainer. Shakira’s voice is nowhere near on par with Christina’s.

Yay!! Its going to be hard now with Adam, Blake, Shakira and Usher, love them!

Stace, you do realize Shakira has sold more albums than Christina, right?

I’m seriously shocked Usher would do this for some reason because I thought he would feel too good for this, but besides that I’m welcomed to both of them. Also having Adam and Usher at the same time adds eye candy too for many.
I personally would have loved to see Usher and Christina on at the same time.

I will not be watching season 4.

Usher is the biggest load of **** in the history of the world. He’s talentless. Sounds awful. Only idiots buy his stuff.

original miley @ 09/17/2012 at 8:45 pm

shakira? are you kidding me? im not a fan of the new xtina, im fan of xtina until back to basics, but, shakira, really? she’s nobody compared with christina! like lan said, i expected celine dion, beyonce, a true diva, not just a singer. and tina, the amount of albums sold have nothing to do with the kind of artist.

original miley @ 09/17/2012 at 8:45 pm

original miley @ 09/17/2012 at 8:48 pm

sorry for the double comment! in the other hand, i or any other person in barcelona are going to miss shakira! hope she’ll forget pique for an american! too bad she made him a kid!

Capri2011 @ 09/17/2012 at 8:51 pm

I’ve never watched the voice but I definitely will be tuning into this upcoming season to see Usher and Shakira. Someone mentioned they thought Usher was to big of a celeb for the show. He is a really hot commodity right now, he can write his own ticket at this point. Not to mention he has gotten primary custody of his two boys, so he needs to have a more stable gig at this point so that he can provide a steadier environment for them. He’s gotta scale back on the touring but still be able to keep himself in the limelight. It’s good for his recent album sells as well. As for Shakira she is an all around artist, sure she doesn’t have the pipes of Christina, however she is a bit more versatile in terms of her talent she can dance as well as sing and she has worked with a larger rang of artist outside of her own genre. She has merit and she will be a good contribution to the show. A.I. better watch out their line up of new judges just seems to be a cluster f*ck in the making.

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 09/17/2012 at 8:52 pm

@Stace: LOL I’m sorry but Christina isn’t “status” or level as Beyonce. Not in this country, any country, or planet. I don’t even know why you would even mention her name. I personally don’t like Christina’s attitude, so Shakira is… ok with me (I guess), for now.

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 09/17/2012 at 8:53 pm

YESSS SHAKIRA IS BETTER THAN CHRISTINA!!!

From Xtina to Shakira… that show is really going to the dogs

Shakira is bettler than Christina! :D

I enjoy them both, but I’ll miss Xtina and CeeLo, I wish it were all new folks in the spring, if anything, but if they replaced everyone people might start confusing it with alll of those The Voice knockoffs like X-Factor, Duets, The Next.
I think Usher and Adam won’t get along, they’re both total divas, so, at least the bickering will remain.

France loves Shakira @ 09/17/2012 at 9:10 pm

I love Shakira, but she doesn’t have that aggressive personality that people expect from the panel.

She’s very sweet, humble, and isn’t going to argue with the judges like Xtina does.

Shakira can’t sing for ****. Lol ***** is wack!!!!!!

There’s more to singing than yelling, like Christina does.

NOOO!, What I love all the 4 judges together, I mean they have amazing chemistry. Last season and this one is the best. I mean they get along so well. They actually bond. why?
well at least they kept Adam and Blake (Shevine) their bromance is the best
also. You may hate Christina for her personality, but talent wise she is wayy better than Shakira, have you hear Christina’s voice, her singing live.she is amazing. She will always have that amazing voice
And yes she gets annoying here and there, but shes not that bad. She is pretty nice to the contestant.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All