Usher & Shakira Replace Christina Aguilera & Cee Lo Green on 'The Voice' Season Four

Usher and Shakira will be replacing Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green on season four of The Voice, which is set to debut in the spring. Adam Levine and Blake Shelton will remain on the coaching panel. Christina and Cee Lo are expected to return for season five.

“We are thrilled to welcome Usher and Shakira to The Voice. The addition of these popular iconic artists continues the tradition established by Christina, Cee Lo, Adam and Blake,” NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt said in a statement. “Doing two back-to-back cycles of this show requires a tremendous amount of time, and we are happy to accommodate the commitments made by Christina and Cee Lo. The participants on our show benefit from our coaches’ expertise and their continued success in the music business allows for significant new contributions to the contestants when they return.”

“Being a coach on The Voice is a wonderful experience and the relationship amongst us all is like an extended family,” Christina said in her own statement “As I have expressed since day one of the show, that I am a singer and performer first and I am so excited to get back to that love. Since this year NBC and The Voice have decided to tape back-to-back seasons, requiring a full-year commitment, it is important for me to take Season 4 off, allowing me to support my music that my fans have been waiting for.”

“I’m highly enthusiastic about focusing my undivided attention on my additional endeavors and interests. I will return for Season 5 and will be watching Season 4. NBC is home, and as far as Usher and Shakira are concerned mi casa su casa,” Cee Lo said.

ARE YOU EXCITED to see Usher and Shakira act as replacements for Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green?

• Nicolas Cage cares about what people think of him- US Weekly
  • Young Jeezy drank from a $20,000 bottle of Moet- TMZ
  • Watch James David Carter get a four chair turn on The Voice- Gossip Cop
  • Read a recap of the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Director George Sluizer has died at the age of 82- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Claudia Galanti shows off major cleavage in Milan- Hollywood Tuna

EWWWWWWWWWW Im not mad with Usher, but Shakira replacing Xtina? Really? I was expecting someone with the same status as Christina, like Beyoncé for example.

THEYRE SO GREAT

Oh No! I’m gonna miss Christina

Yay!! Its going to be hard now with Adam, Blake, Shakira and Usher, love them!

Usher is way too famous for this. He is an amazing entertainer. Shakira’s voice is nowhere near on par with Christina’s.

Yay!! Its going to be hard now with Adam, Blake, Shakira and Usher, love them!

Stace, you do realize Shakira has sold more albums than Christina, right?

I’m seriously shocked Usher would do this for some reason because I thought he would feel too good for this, but besides that I’m welcomed to both of them. Also having Adam and Usher at the same time adds eye candy too for many.
I personally would have loved to see Usher and Christina on at the same time.

I will not be watching season 4.

Usher is the biggest load of **** in the history of the world. He’s talentless. Sounds awful. Only idiots buy his stuff.

original miley @ 09/17/2012 at 8:45 pm

shakira? are you kidding me? im not a fan of the new xtina, im fan of xtina until back to basics, but, shakira, really? she’s nobody compared with christina! like lan said, i expected celine dion, beyonce, a true diva, not just a singer. and tina, the amount of albums sold have nothing to do with the kind of artist.

original miley @ 09/17/2012 at 8:45 pm

original miley @ 09/17/2012 at 8:48 pm

sorry for the double comment! in the other hand, i or any other person in barcelona are going to miss shakira! hope she’ll forget pique for an american! too bad she made him a kid!

Capri2011 @ 09/17/2012 at 8:51 pm

I’ve never watched the voice but I definitely will be tuning into this upcoming season to see Usher and Shakira. Someone mentioned they thought Usher was to big of a celeb for the show. He is a really hot commodity right now, he can write his own ticket at this point. Not to mention he has gotten primary custody of his two boys, so he needs to have a more stable gig at this point so that he can provide a steadier environment for them. He’s gotta scale back on the touring but still be able to keep himself in the limelight. It’s good for his recent album sells as well. As for Shakira she is an all around artist, sure she doesn’t have the pipes of Christina, however she is a bit more versatile in terms of her talent she can dance as well as sing and she has worked with a larger rang of artist outside of her own genre. She has merit and she will be a good contribution to the show. A.I. better watch out their line up of new judges just seems to be a cluster f*ck in the making.

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 09/17/2012 at 8:52 pm

@Stace: LOL I’m sorry but Christina isn’t “status” or level as Beyonce. Not in this country, any country, or planet. I don’t even know why you would even mention her name. I personally don’t like Christina’s attitude, so Shakira is… ok with me (I guess), for now.

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 09/17/2012 at 8:53 pm

YESSS SHAKIRA IS BETTER THAN CHRISTINA!!!

From Xtina to Shakira… that show is really going to the dogs

Shakira is bettler than Christina! :D

I enjoy them both, but I’ll miss Xtina and CeeLo, I wish it were all new folks in the spring, if anything, but if they replaced everyone people might start confusing it with alll of those The Voice knockoffs like X-Factor, Duets, The Next.
I think Usher and Adam won’t get along, they’re both total divas, so, at least the bickering will remain.

France loves Shakira @ 09/17/2012 at 9:10 pm

I love Shakira, but she doesn’t have that aggressive personality that people expect from the panel.

She’s very sweet, humble, and isn’t going to argue with the judges like Xtina does.

Shakira can’t sing for ****. Lol ***** is wack!!!!!!

There’s more to singing than yelling, like Christina does.

NOOO!, What I love all the 4 judges together, I mean they have amazing chemistry. Last season and this one is the best. I mean they get along so well. They actually bond. why?
well at least they kept Adam and Blake (Shevine) their bromance is the best
also. You may hate Christina for her personality, but talent wise she is wayy better than Shakira, have you hear Christina’s voice, her singing live.she is amazing. She will always have that amazing voice
And yes she gets annoying here and there, but shes not that bad. She is pretty nice to the contestant.

What?! Noooo, I love all 4 judges together
they have amazing chemistry, they get along so well
why?! last season and this one are so good becuz they actually got close :(
I will miss these two so much
at least they kept Blake and Adam = Shevine, their bromance is the best

Apparently, this performance did it for the NBC chairman!

fact check..... @ 09/17/2012 at 9:41 pm

uh am i suppose to understand Shakiras thick accent

@Tina:
You don’t have you like her personality but professional she is way better. Christina has a stronger voice
guess which one has more Grammy’s, plus all of Shakria’s awards are in the latin category
Shakria is a sweetheart tho

@fact check…..:

There you have it, folks! Racism still exist in 2012!

So I guess we all know which reality we are watching next year. Sorry American Idol, you lost me with your choice of judges this year. Nicki Minaj? seriously? Im loving The XFactor though, looks really good so far.

Christina looks pregnant @ 09/17/2012 at 9:55 pm

Shakira will actually be able to fit in the chair comfortably, lol.

Aw, I love Shakira! She seems like a sweetheart.

Shakira and Christina are two totally different artist, who have different styles so stop comparing the two! Each judge will bring something different, season 4 hasn’t even started and you guys are already judging! If you don’t like it then don’t watch it! Stop being so rude!

@Stace: I love them both XTINA and SHAKIRA. And dont you ewww at Shakira, she sold millions of records, more than Xtina I’m sure. Don’t be disrespectful if you don’t know her as an artist enough.

Oh Please, American People… Please, Stop Racism! seriously still exist in 2012 :s

Shakira is good, she can sing, obviously Xtina has the Voice bt please u also support Britney sometimes, and… you know Shakira can do it better than miss spears…!

Oh! Original Miley Who are you?
Simon Cowell?
sorry darlin’ but Shakira can sing and Usher is ok, The Bieber ‘s mentor… however, Better than American Idol so Far! Minaj… :/ wrong choise.

Some people are just S H I T. You CAN NOT compare 2 different artists unless they both sing the same genre, same song, same outfit and same everything. I hate it when they compare my favorite artists. Go do something else useful beside saying negative stuff man!!!

@wYnd: I’m agree with you, but i hate when they are sooo Racist :/

Oh and if you’ll like comparing much, why dont ya’ll compare Cee Lo and Usher too? URGH!!! I will be watching season 4 more than the current one.

They hate Shakira… Usher is fine cuz is American.
I don’t know much about Usher, i Like Cee Lo,

wherever!

You’re Right :) Stop Comparing, Stop Hating!!

PFFTTT U HATER!!! SHAKIRA HAS SOLD MORE ALBUMS THAN XTINA , CHRISTINA HAS ONLY RELEASED FLOPS , DONT EVER COMPARE THAT LOOSER TO SHAKIRA , JUST TO LET YOU KNOW 2 THINGS IGNORANT SHAKIRA HAS SOLD OVER 75 MILLION COPIES AND HIPS DONT LIE IS THE BEST SELLING SINGLE OF THE DECADE

Well, when you have these negative people around, they make you appreciate the positive ones better. And of course we are all happier than them cuz I’m sure they have frowns on their faces each time they make negative comments.

I have nothing bad to say about the others, but I love Shakira!

Girlfriend please @ 09/18/2012 at 12:45 am

NBC is downsizing, if you catch my drift with Cee-Lo and Xtina!

gmaninhollywood @ 09/18/2012 at 3:10 am

Desperate people do desperate things

gmaninhollywood @ 09/18/2012 at 3:44 am

American idol, The Voice or XFactor?

As long as Blake and Adam is still on, I don’t really care about the other two. If I get Shevine the rest doesn’t matter.

Shakira should be on the Voice Colombia, not US!!! I just can say when she sings live, I’m afraid she sucks!!! I heard most of Spanish speakers don’t understand her when she sings in Spanish… so, who’s gonna to understand her in English???

phil55 is an idiot @ 09/18/2012 at 5:26 pm

@phil55: LOSER YOU, STUPID *******… F. YOU.

Andamentothat @ 09/18/2012 at 10:07 pm

Love Shakira and love the voice!

I find it hilarious to hear comments about Shakira’s lack of talent. Shakira has been around wayyyyy longer than Christina and has an amazing voice. Whenever, Wherever was not her first song people, listen to some of her Spanish music – absolutely amazing!!

@Tina: She has sold more albuns but i dont think she had the same impact in music history, i love both of them, but i believe that christina makes better and more meanfull music. I am going to miss Christina, she has an amazing judge.

@Capri2011: …Xtina has worked with eveyrone that matters.

@phil55: Shakira has recorded more albums than xtina… i love shakira but overall xtina its a better artist.

@trp: i totally agree… her spanish music happens to be amazing..her english albums…not so much.

Since many of you are in incapable of recognizing brilliance and musical perfection, my hope is that Shakira’s season on the voice will help you see otherwise. It will be the first season I will watch straight through Its about time she is brought back mainstream for the rest of the world to appreciate.

@original miley: i cant wait to see shakira, she is one of the best artis in the world…and it doesnt matter what stupid people like original miley and Stace think of her……i know she is gonna be great…..I LOVE YOU SHAKIRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeahhh! :D Shakira is much better than Christina. I love shakira she is the best! The Queen Latin Pop! <3

Shakira is worthless, Christina will be greatly missed.

@Mario:

Live Nations says she’s worth 300 million. That’s what they’re paying her anyway. Unlike Xtina – Shakira is an actual musician. She writes, produces, sings, does her own choreography, and plays some of her own instruments. Her first million was made by singing while playing her guitar since her mid teens and is still relevent. Xtina hasn’t been relevent since 2002, nor has she been vocally trained – she’s constantly off pitch and key when she’s not screaming. Volume isn’t a talent – singing is. Shakira’s voice is truly unique and unheard of outside the middle east and she sings in tune. She’s far more experienced to judge talent.

Shakira’s voice is awful. What the F*** are the thinking? With all the great female voices why her? Because she’s pretty?