Gwyneth Paltrow Covers 'InStyle' October 2012

Gwyneth Paltrow Covers 'InStyle' October 2012

Gwyneth Paltrow rocks the cover of InStyle‘s October 2012 issue, on newsstands September 21.

Here is what the 39-year-old actress had to share with the mag:

On turning 40 and what she’s learned: “I’m taking stock and really looking at everything. I’m trying to accept myself. There’s a Rumi poem, “The Guest House,” about welcoming in all aspects of yourself: The dark, the light, the jealous, the happy. Let them all in. But know that you’re not defined by any single one of them. I’ve become much more serious after experiencing all the ups and downs of life—heartbreak, the death of people I love…These days I feel pretty grounded.”

On why she continues to work so hard: “I’m hard on myself, so I’m working on shifting perspective toward self-acceptance, with all my flaws and weaknesses. The positive thing that drives me is a curiosity and momentum. The negative is a need to validate myself or feel special.”

On her kids: “When Apple was born, she had the hugest blue eyes. I looked into them, and she was looking at me, and I felt like, You are here to teach me everything. After [Moses] was born I had postpartum depression. It was a difficult time, and because of that I believe I have an extra empathy for him, and he for me.”

On her diet: “I was very strict for a while. I was macrobiotic for a couple of years, then I got pregnant and just ate ice cream. What I’ve learned is I want to enjoy my life, and food is a big part of it. I love to cook and feed people. I cook every day. I [indulge] but I don’t like sweets. My indulging is a fresh baguette with cheese and a glass of red wine or French fries and fried zucchini. Or a turkey burger.”

For more from Gwyneth, visit InStyle.com! Bigger cover inside…

gwyneth paltrow covers instyle october 2012

Photos: Giampaolo Sgura
Posted to: Gwyneth Paltrow, Magazine

Frazer Harrison/Getty

She may be annoying at times but she looks great. Killer body and a face without botox, wrinkles and all.

Holy photoshop!

Holy photoshop!

Pretty Pics @ 09/18/2012 at 2:27 pm

G.P. looks like Sondra Lee’s less blonde twin.

Don’t like her much either. When she opens her mouth and rags on the United States for being so “immature and childish” compared to Europe, it makes me want to gag.

I also think both Cameron Diaz and Kate Hudson look much better than she does.

Just watched her and Brad Pitt in the movie ‘Seven’. That was made 17 years ago. She is holding up better than he is.

@DB: Agree for Kate Hudson, she looks unbelievable but she is a few years younger that Gwyn. Diaz, well the body yes but the face?

@whatever: That was the first thing that came to my mind! LOL! Photoshop does wonders!

They were wise not to use a super close up. Her face is starting to look hard and square.

@whatever: ITA, I did a double take. Nice shave on the jawline. Her face looks thinner and more oval. She looks younger and refreshed. Good retouchers.

I’m surprised they gave her a cover. She doesn’t have much to promote these days aside from herself.

LeviKlein @ 09/18/2012 at 3:39 pm

As much as my friends want to, I just can’t bring myself to hate her. I just can’t.

funny how different she is from Chris martin … He rarely talks about his kids … I don’t get it why she always need to bring her personal life !
I guess she has nothing to say about her professional life . Isn’t she supposed to be an actress ?

@patti: Pitt is almost 50. Paltrow seems to devote a huge amount of time to her diet and exercise so she should be holding up well although going by some of the tighter shots, she appears to have had some work done. Her face is starting to get that odd, waxy look Kidman’s did when she was mega botoxing.

@Din: without botox??? that has to be a joke!!!

The Real Emma @ 09/18/2012 at 5:13 pm

@patti:

Let’s see how she looks in 8 years and 4 more children. I think Brad looks mighty fine for his age.

I know stylists, makeup artits and photo shop wizes probably spent hours working on her, but I still find her plain.

ugly chick

She’s cute but she’s too focused on being perfect, to be really interesting.

Movie Watcher @ 09/18/2012 at 6:16 pm

@Quest: She has Iron Man 3 and that Thanks for Sharing film. Nothing major in terms of roles so no Vogue covers for Goopy.

The last time she was on a cover, the magazine’s sales dipped to their lowest point ever. I forgot which one it was. The woman is like poison. So completely unlikeable not just because she became an actress as a result of nepotism but also for her snobbish personality. People wouldn’t hate her so much if she had just changed her last name & kept a low profile like Nicolas Cage did. Coldplay lost a lot of fans when she hooked up with Chris. Everything she touches turns to crap.

YUCK…I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS PLAIN JANE IS BLYTHE DANNER’S DAUGHTER.

SHE SHOULD GET HER BEAUTIFUL MOM TO GIVE HER A MAKEOVER.

boring woman

I don’t know why she always gets such criticism. She seems like a person that can admit she is not perfect and wants to share that with others. You rarely hear other actresses talk about postpartum depression. I really don’t think she had any affect on Coldplay’s sales. I think she is a smart beautiful person who is struggling with life’s problems just like the rest of us.

Jeffrey Sean Keith @ 09/18/2012 at 8:18 pm

She should flaunt her hot looks and killer body in PLAYBOY!

Christian2 @ 09/18/2012 at 8:32 pm

There are many talented actresses but Gwyneth hasn’t talent, she’s very insipid and too self centered.

Lindsay's Tatas @ 09/18/2012 at 8:39 pm

@Jeffrey Sean Keith: Nah, she has saggy tatas.

Jeffrey Sean Keith @ 09/18/2012 at 11:03 pm

She is insanely hot and has better tatas than you think!

Has she gotten a boob job recently? I remember when she used to work out with Madge, there were almost daily pap shots of them together and Gwynnie’s bra-less pair were hanging pretty low back then, almost to her waist.

But she seems to have tinkered with her face a bit aside from the obvious nose job she got when she was young, so maybe she finally gave the girls a lift.

@The Real Emma: as if he gave birth to any one of them…

Loved her with kids @ 09/19/2012 at 7:17 am

Nice to see the Brad Pitt comments ! LOL if they did got married instead
Of Jen Aniston! They Chris and Gwyn do not go out in public together
Only for publicity! His concerts etc.. Funny how she never talks about
Beyonce and her baby…anything from 2012 like rehashing old interviews.

@Schifo: Have you seen her face in candid pics? Full of wrinkles accordingly to her age, I highly doubt she uses botox. Other treatments perhaps but not botox

She looks so cool

@DB:
Kate Hudson is 33, while Gwyneth Paltrow is 40…
And Cameron Diaz looks “worse”: obviously she is still beautiful, but she has a lot more wrinkles. Nothing wrong in that, it’s beautiful to see women age naturally, but just to say..

NARCISSISTmuch? @ 09/19/2012 at 1:47 pm

Definition of NARCISSISM to say of your child: “You are here to teach me everything.” WTF?! Maybe she’s here to teach you how NOT to be so frickin’ narcissistic that you think SHE is only here to serve YOUR needs?! It’s not all about you Fishyth. How arrogant and full of herself she remains. Gah. That kid might have a few ideas for her own life lady. EeeGADS, woman! It’s STILL not about YOU Gwyneth Paltrowich. You’d think by the ripe old age of 40 she would have caught on.

Botox doesn’t last forever. In certain candid photos over the last five years, I’ve noticed her face does have the puffiness of toxed celebs like kidman, so maybe she’s on the tox. Whatever she’s doing, it’s not very flattering.

Jolie’s fans say the exactly same thing about Jennifer Aniston and Gwyneth Paltrow!