Emma Watson Talks Not Wanting Fame in Exclusive Quote

Emma Watson Talks Not Wanting Fame in Exclusive Quote

Emma Watson and Logan Lerman link arms in this outtake from their Nylon cover photo shoot, provided exclusively to JustJared.com.

The 22-year-old actress and the 20-year-old actor are featured on the cover of the mag’s October 2012 issue alongside their Perks of Being a Wallflower co-star Ezra Miller.

“I never wanted any of the things that a lot of the people who go into this industry want […] I never wanted to be famous. My parents never wanted this for me. I never even wanted this until a year ago,” Emma said in a quote provided exclusively to JustJared.com. “I was so overwhelmed by the way that people responded to the idea that this might not be what I want to do [something Watson said publicly while promoting the seventh Harry Potter film], but I hope people will respect my choice more now that I really took time to consider it, and what it really means. Now that I’ve made my decision, I’m serious about mastering my craft and really doing things that I genuinely believe are important.”

FYI: Logan is wearing a shirt by A.P.C. and jeans by Topman. Emma is wearing a jacket and skirt by Tommy Hilfiger, a shirt by Confezioni Crosby, and her stylist’s own earrings. Ezra is wearing a jacket by Black Fleece by Brooks Brothers, a shirt by Burberry Prorsum, and pants by Original Penguin.

emma watson logan lerman nylon shoot exclusive outtake 01
emma watson logan lerman nylon shoot exclusive outtake 02

Photos: Guy Aroch
Posted to: Emma Watson, Exclusive, Ezra Miller, Logan Lerman, Magazine

Christopher Polk/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

I always frown at these celebs when they say they don’t want fame, don’t want it, then step off. You are a bad actress anyway Emma and a snob, go away.

Guuuuurl, please. Mastering her craft. Psshhh.

girl bye. she needs to be more humble/grateful.

sweetness @ 09/24/2012 at 3:05 pm

For the love of god..will these spoilt young actors stop b.s.-ing about not wanting fame. She’s on multiple magazine covers, she’s been in a world famous franchise movie she’s promoting for another hit movie..Just stfu about not wanting fame. You are rich and famous! Just try for a year not doing photo shoots and movie..Ohhh, That’s right she did..she tried being normal and going to college in new york, but got LAUGH out and bullied that she left early.

If she didn’t want fame she would have quit after the potter films. Plenty of child stars quit the industry and manage to live normal lives without being hounded.

Charlotte @ 09/24/2012 at 3:13 pm

@sweetness: She does movies and photoshots because is her job. That doesnt mean that people and especially the paparazzi have the right to get into his private life. Its normal that she feels tired about that.

Love Logan, Emma and Ezra. They are brilliant actors.
For the record, Emma said she didn’t want it before but now she is in to and getting passionate about it. Don’t know what you all are getting so hyper about. She has been absent from Media for an entire stretch of an year after HP. Only came back with Lancome, My week with Marilyn etc..all those came after a long stretch when she was in univ.

justsayin @ 09/24/2012 at 3:22 pm

I really love that she doesn’t let other people define her or push her into something like so many people, particularly actors, feel the pressure to do. She sticks to her own intuition and doesn’t do something until she’s ready to. I love that about her!

sweetness @ 09/24/2012 at 3:22 pm

@Charlotte:

how would you like going to a surgeon and hearing how tired he gets of his/her job…you would wince and say “maybe you shouldn’t be doing this”

the same with her, find another profession that doesn’t entail doing the promoting the film (why on earth would an prominent young actor not want to do that) ..it’s goes hand in hand that she’s famous because people recognize her from her films. so stop b*tch*in.

sweetness @ 09/24/2012 at 3:24 pm

@Charlotte:

let me clarify..I meant she (emma) should stop b*tch*in, that was not directed towards you.

@Uh huh:

can you not read? She said she thought about it and decided this IS what she wants to do. which is why she didn’t quit after potter. She’s already famous, quitting acting won’t suddenly make her less famous.

you won the lottery
SHADDAP!

@sweetness:
uhm except she DOES want to be doing this. she just wasn’t sure that something she started doing when she was 10 was something she would want to keep doing for the rest of her life. She’s not bitching, she’s saying she made a well thought over decission and chosing that yes, acting IS the carreer she wants, she just wasn’t always sure of it.
It’s not the end of the world that you don’t know what you want to do with your life when you’re a TEENAGER.

She could’ve done theater if she only wanted to act and didn’t want fame.

Charlotte @ 09/24/2012 at 3:31 pm

@sweetness: I want mean that she is tired about paparazzi, not about doing her job. Just to clarify that.

- wonder if she happens to be friends with the equally ungrateful ,conected ,and clueless KStew

@?: how is she ungrateful exactly? When has she EVER said that she wish Harry Potter never happened?

Even when she was 10 years old she said she didn’t necessarily wanted to be famous, BEFORE SHE EVEN WAS FAMOUS, so it’s not like she started saying that AFTER she got famous. She always mentions how grateful she is to Jo and Potter. She never said she wanted people to stop seeing her as Hermione. It bothers me to no end when people say Emma watson is ungrateful when she’s anything BUT ungrateful.

bwahahahah @ 09/24/2012 at 3:39 pm

Omg Emma you are HILARIOUS!!!

I miss logan when he was 16. He use to myspace people who sent him messages. Anyways, I still love him!

I miss the old logan, he used to answer people’s questions on facebook. Anyway I still love him, he’s such a cutie!

All I get from this quote is someone admitting they didn’t know what they wanted to do for the rest of their life when they were 10 (when she first started HP). Everyone chill! I think it’s a good thing she hasn’t let sleazy industry types push her into anything.

GUYS, SHE F*CKING START JOB WHEN SHE WAS 10 YEARS, DID YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT DO IN YOUR WHOLE LIFE WHEN YOU HAVE 10 YEARS? NO…SHE DON’T STOP FILMING HARRY POTTER COUSE SHE DON’T WANT DESAPPOINT NO ONE, SHE SAID THAT IN A ENTERVIEW. keep your rude comments down, if you don’t like just close the windown

@HERE!!: EXACTLY. It seems that there are some airheads in here….

Oh just f*ck off