Reese Witherspoon Welcomes Son Tennessee James Toth!

Reese Witherspoon Welcomes Son Tennessee James Toth!

Reese Witherspoon and husband Jim Toth have welcomed a baby boy, Tennessee James Toth, on Thursday (September 27), her rep confirms to JustJared.com.

Reese Witherspoon and husband Jim Toth welcomed Tennessee James into their family today. Both mom and baby are healthy and the entire family is thrilled,” a statement from the family said.

Reese is already mother to two children with ex-husband Ryan Phillipe: Ava and Deacon.

Reese and Jim married earlier last year.

People was first to report the news.

Congratulations to the happy couple on the new addition to the family!

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

who names there kid after a state?
that poor kid :/

Stupid, stupid, stupid name! She just lost some I.Q. points with me.

SunnyAutumn @ 09/27/2012 at 11:43 am

It has a nice ring to it, but they obviously didn’t think about childhood teasing…….He will probably go by James, Jimmy, or something.

When I think of Tennessee as a name, my immediate thought is Tennessee Williams (renowned playwright of ‘A Streetcar Named Desire’) so if they named him after that playwright, I think it’s quite nice, otherwise, as another American celebrity ploy to make their child an “individual”? A little icky but it reminds me a lot of Tennessee Williams so I can’t see much wrong with it.

what a name

Maybe they wiill call him TJ

Sooo happy for them! Congrats Reese & Jim!!!

Congratulations to Reece , her husband and the other kids. Reece seems like a really good mom. Her kids appear to well mannered and good kids when you see them with both parents and stepfather.

Congratulations! I don’t know why but I thought she was expecting a girl. I think she wanted this name because she spent his childhood inTennessee.

I bet she will sell the photos to People!

Why would she name that child after the state she is from. That is just do ridiculous.

@lauren: Really? Lots of people name their kids after States. It is hardly a new idea. Here are some of the ones I’ve heard: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, Nevada, Carolina, Dakota, Tennessee, and Virginia.

LOL! Congrats to Reese. Don’t wish her any bad luck.

Have to say that this is another opportunity to keep reminding her public of her Southern Belle image. “Tennessee” is so…Southern! LOL!

SunnyAutumn @ 09/27/2012 at 12:44 pm

@Sarah:

Heard of Montana, but Alaska, that’s new.

Congratulations to this wonderful couple. And really, people. Naming your child is very personal and a great deal of thought goes into it. It usually has meaning to the family. Don’t judge, it is not your business. The parents tell us the names, they aren’t asking our opinion.

my best friend’s sister-in-law earned $12701 past month. she has been working on the laptop and moved in a $342900 condo. All she did was get lucky and apply the information explained on this website >>> Green32.comCOME & SEE & STARTING ONLINE MONEY

as Martin replied I’m blown away that anyone able to get paid $9121 in four weeks on the internet. did you look at this page >>> Green32.comONLINE MONEY

Congratulations and all my very best wishes to Reese, Jim and kids with their new born family member!
I admire her for having the strength to raise a new baby, so many years after her son. It is a big task but I am sure they are all ready to be very happy with their new family member. Welcome to the world Tenessee James!!

@lauren: ever heard of tennessee williams? nope? i didn’t think so.

Wow, some stars like Uma Thurman don’t even want to reveal baby’s name, and she just couldn’t wait until her epidrual wore off…

Congrats but.... @ 09/27/2012 at 1:07 pm

That kid is destined for wedgies.

Congrats! Welcome to the world.

Pattycake @ 09/27/2012 at 1:09 pm

@Ari: Tennessee was Mr. Williams nickname. His birth name was Thomas. He was nicknamed Tennessee when he went to college in Iowa with his Southern drawl. I highly doubt that they named him after Tennesse Williams. This name is another effort on Reese’s part to beat us to death with the fact that she projects herself as a humble Southern girl. Poor kid stuck with the name and these parents.

Sisboomba @ 09/27/2012 at 1:29 pm

WTF???? If I was that kid, I would be b!tch slapping those two for the rest of my life! Wow Jim! Wow!

Fire In The Hole @ 09/27/2012 at 1:31 pm

@Sisboomba

He don’t give a crap, it isn’t his anyways and it’s obvious! They can keep playing the charades all they want!

Maybe now Witherspoon will just go far far far away and take Toth with her!!!!

Big A** Fakes!

it could be worse she could call him sweet home Alabama,

Ok so the name is pretty horrid.
But his nickname is going to be Ten, which isn’t so bad.

remember da truth @ 09/27/2012 at 1:53 pm

you people just snarl when you type, don’t you? Just because she named her child after the state she’s from, doesn’t mean it has anything to do with you and what you think she was sitting there thinking she could tell you about herself with it.

Lauren — for someone who doesn’t know the difference between “there” and “their”, you don’t have much room to talk about what you think is stupid.

remember da truth @ 09/27/2012 at 1:55 pm

I really don’t see what all the fuss is about. Tennessee is better than naming the boy Rhode Island!
Tennessee Toth has a great ring to it. Nowadays with made up names like Rihanna and KeSha, a name that has some personal meaning to the family sounds pretty good.

remember da truth @ 09/27/2012 at 1:57 pm

Fire in the Hole you sure are fired up about people you don’t know!

Get a life, and calm down. if you are this obsessed about celebs that you start name-calling and venting, you need to get outside and find something productive to do.

Tennessee Toth ? lol, sounds like a gunslinger from back in the OK CORAL , LOL

@Ivor:

That was my exact reaction to the name. Like a nickname to the fastest gun in the west.

Say it ain't so @ 09/27/2012 at 2:27 pm

Congrats on the birth of their healthy bouncing baby boy. Children are a blessing. I wish some of you would think before commenting. If you have nothing nice to say but complain about a newborns name, you shouldn’t comment at all on this joyous occasion.

I dont think its any weirder than a lot of these celeb kids, like Paltrow who named her kid after a fruit for example. He will probably go by his middle name like lots of people do.

When your career not going right. What do you do get pregnant announced to just Jared and people magazine!

Tennessee Toth??

Tennessee? Ok, why not Minnesota, Iowa or Oklahoma?

@jenn: Well, my name is Georgia, like one of EEUU states. Actually Im british and I´ve heard Virgina, Dakota, Carolina, Luisiana…. but Tennessee is strange isnt?

THE 27.9.2012—————————————-THE MAGIC DAY!
I wish them a “happy birthday”, because James was born today!
*****************************************************************************
………………………..R………..R….R……….R
………………………J…….J…………….J……..J
……………………..R..R………………………R..R
…………………….J………………………………….J
……………………………………………………………….
**********************************************************************
James is a fine name! It sounds civilized! Like JIm´s father!
**********************************************************************
Remember: Reese had a Star-Tattoo on Hawaii, with 2
swallows, photographed by the paps.
That was her sign to get a 3 baby, I think.
AND NOW………………………………………………….THERE IT IS!
**********************************************************************
MAGIC-MOTHER-MOON-POWER FOREVERRRRRRREEESE!
MAGIC-FATHER-POWER FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRJIM!

Well remember Tennessee Ernie Ford? Not the first time this name has been used.

ummmm…that name will be a mouthful for a baby! Gonna call him Teeny for short? Not too hot.

anything is better than Pooter I guess. LOL

I would have voted for Jake

hahahahaha @ 09/27/2012 at 8:51 pm

Poor kid! Not only does he have one f*cked up name, he will never know his biological father and his mother is one narcissistic crazy papwh*re control freak!

This is for Toth @ 09/27/2012 at 8:52 pm

REALLY JIM? REALLY? He will know what I mean when he reads this!

OMFG! They named him after Jim’s choice of booze! HA! but good come back Jim, with your name for his middle name!

Alice @ 09/27/2012 at 5:31 pm #41

Thumb up Thumb down 0

Well remember Tennessee Ernie Ford? Not the first time this name has been used.
****************************************************
His name was Ernest Ford. Tennessee was a nick name they game him, AFTER is was a grown man.

Andamentothat @ 09/27/2012 at 10:30 pm

Congrats! That’s a nice strong name- Tennessee James!

Doesn’t matter what his name is, his parents are freaking rich!

I actually don’t mind the baby’s name, Tennessee James has a nice ring to it. Tennessee is pretty close to the name ‘Tennison’, Russell Crowe’s son’s name. Tennesse is no worse than the name Tennison.

Congratulations and my best wishes for REESE and her family!

I actually like the name. Some time ago I used it as an alias.

jerry moore @ 09/28/2012 at 1:07 pm

@lauren: what about tennessee williams

That baby is going to have one big set of teeth.

There was also Tennessee Ernie Ford, an awesome singer from the 50s.

im in highschool and i know a boy named tennessee. every one thinks its cool and people call him tennessee or ten. i dont think kids will make fun of his name

I wonder when the next pictures will come?
********
It feels like becoming a fossil, if I must wait a further week, after getting so much pictures withing such short time-periods.
*******
Missing you, MAGIC MOON …..& Jim & all the ones, you love!