Jared Followill & Martha Patterson: First Wedding Photo!

Jared Followill & Martha Patterson: First Wedding Photo!

Check out the first official photo from Kings of Leon rocker Jared Followill‘s wedding to model Martha Patterson.

The 25-year-old bass guitarist tied the knot with Martha, 21, in a private ceremony on Saturday (September 29) in Charlotte, Tenn.

The reception featured a beautiful firework display and a five-tier strawberry cream cake, sources tell JustJared.com. The couple worked with event planner Sharon Sacks, who helped plan Jared‘s brother Caleb Followill‘s wedding to Lily Aldridge.

The groom sat next to his BFF, entrepreneur Douglas Chabbott, and Mona frontman Nick Brown. The bride and her mother danced to the Carrie Underwood song “Mama’s Song” during the evening. One of the highlights of the reception was when guests danced to the “Copperhead Road” line dance.

Some of the featured drinks of the evening were “The Firefly,” which was made with sweet tea, vodka, and fresh lemonade, and the “Champagne Cocktail,” with sweet cube and aromatic bitters. Each guest took home a jar full of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.

jared followill martha patterson first wedding photo 01
jared followill martha patterson first wedding photo 02
jared followill martha patterson first wedding photo 03

• Heidi Montag congratulates Lauren Conrad on her wedding - US Weekly
  • August Alsina collapses during a performance- TMZ
  • Sharon Osbourne blasts U2 for their free album- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Perry has joined the cast of CSI: Cyber- Entertainment Weekly
  • Martha Stewart slams Gwyneth Paltrow- Huffington Post
  • Read a review of Keira Knightley's new film Laggies- Lainey Gossip
  • Jerry Seinfeld honors Joan Rivers at an award show- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Cora Keegan shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Hahahahhaha, he’s not even looking at her, he’s probably looking at his real loves Doug and Nick.

He looks really handsome! Her head kind of looks like its photoshopped onto her body lol….still pretty though :)

3 years, tops.

WELL i think there a CUTE couple!!! her dress is lovely and i like that she looks natural and not wearing over the top jewellry and makeup….he’s gorgeous as always. now all the KINGS are married :(

an opinion @ 09/30/2012 at 12:03 am

Wedding dress looks like it is falling off.

She’s not beautiful enough to pull off that simple. She’s not Lily! It looks like she just threw that on and didn’t even bother with her hair or makeup. Blah.

She is nothing comparing to Anne Hathaway

lmao she is really ugly though..

Wow. cute. they’re young. These guys get married. lol. maybe them being southern and all, they probably have traditional values. Congrats to them. Love the party favors idea.

I bet Lilly looked like a Goddess sitting next to her. also her dress is kinda ugly and tailored incorrectly

Groom prettier than the bride. She’s nothing like jessie and lily.

TexasLady @ 09/30/2012 at 1:08 am

Ha ha ha, it’s so sad to see all of you little girls bullying Jared and Martha! You have NO IDEA the kind of person she is or you would never say such things. Sounds like none of you have ever been in a true love relationship. When you know, you know, it’s pretty simple! She is not trying to be like Lily. That is the label you have attached to her, why can’t you just be happy for them? You ladies ( and I use that term loosely), should know they are not looking for your approval. You all band together, regurgitate your bullying ways, and think it’s ok because people laugh with you and agree. It doesn’t make it right, just ignorant. Funny thing is she goes home tonight with him, to their home, and you will be the last thing on their minds. Sad to see you are so shallow that you can not even give Jared credit. If you “love” him so much, why wouldn’t you trust him to make such an important decision?

WOAH! she has is 21 and is already rocking the Kate Upton boobs if it wasn’t for that gown they would problably reach her knees.

congrats to her.
she’s getting paid.
her face just screams ‘oh yeah im in there now’

TexasLady, I am going to take a wild guess and say that you were a guest at Jared and Martha’s wedding? Am I right? If they don’t care about our approval than they and their friend/family need to not worry about what some of the fans think or say about them. Fans our going to have their opinion whether Jared, Martha, or you like it or not. That’s just how it is.

she is beautiful…very girl next door face with killer body…i would never compare her to lily-she looks like a thrown up fish.

Congrats to them. Her dress is really pretty, I feel like I just want to pull it up a bit though! I’m not sure who she is really, I’ve never seen any of her’ modelling’ work and I work in fashion, but good luck to them, shes married her best friend, lucky he’s a rich rockstar too.

They look like brother & sister.

She looks like a young version of Jennifer Aniston, doesn’t she?

houstonguy @ 09/30/2012 at 5:45 am

@TexasLady:

Thanks for saying that, I’m martha’s cousin. She’s a really brilliant person, friendly, smart, nice. It’s rather scary reading some of these comments.

I think she is pretty and simple.

Congrats to them! They look great and happy!

anonymous @ 09/30/2012 at 8:08 am

It won’t last forever, not at that age, but probably for three or so years. They will have some good times in the meantime.

mlllllllllllle @ 09/30/2012 at 8:49 am

WHAT ?!
Okay enough of weddings now, A NEW RECORD PLEASE !
I can’t take it no more !

The only reason why she’s getting all the hate is because she started off on the wrong foot with the fans. The usual jabs from fans is something all of the boys wives went through except they didn’t respond back to it maliciously like Martha. As kellie said people are going to have an opinion whether you like it or not. There’s no point in bashing someone for having an opinion, no one is universally liked or disliked here – so just get used it!

LOL! now all of Martha’s people are going to come to this site to talk about how great she is. Classy.

Alexandra @ 09/30/2012 at 9:18 am

I think it’s really silly how Martha’s friends or family members react to these comments. Everyone will have a certain opinion on her. She is handeling this relationship completely different than Jessie or Lily or anyone else involved in KOL. It has nothing to do with jealousy or “bullying”. No one is rude to Lily, right? And why? Because she is keeping enough things to herself. She is gorgeous but seems down to earth. It doesnt seem like she tries to MAKE everyone jealous by being married to a “rockstar”. If Martha would have handeled things differently, people might like her. She is pretty, and I bet she is nice, but she is not behaving in the best way towards KOL fans. Comments here are a result of her twitter comments and everything. It’s not bullying if you say your opinion. ( I understand that insults are bullying, but people who call her bad names are pathetic anyway,..)

after seeing anne hathaway’s dress, coming here is like going from haute couture to tacky couture even though if its monique lhuillier.

TexasLady @ 09/30/2012 at 9:44 am

Martha has always been “out there” with her life in pictures and comments via social media for the last 8 years I have known her. If you had seen her Facebook page you would know she has always been very funny, sarcastic, and loyal to her friends and family to a fault. You all think she is just trying to rub your nose in it, but like I said she has always worn her heart on her sleeve when it comes to her friends. She was always tall, pretty, super skinny, and she eats like there is no tomorrow. That is her body type. She has always talked about having lots of kids, loves babies. It s no surprise to anyone that knows her personally that she is marrying young and settling down. It is and has always been her way, family and friends first.

I’m sure she’s a lovely girl, but Martha hasn’t come across well, it’s all about perception and the publics of her hasn’t been good. She hasnt conducted herself well on twitter on occasions. I hesitate in comparing them, but Lily did have a career prior to Caleb, granted it was boosted by her relationship, but it was there. She’s been modelling for a long time, she grew up in a connected family.
I’m not sure but it seems to me that people’s problems with Martha are related to the fact that she seemingly doesn’t have her own career, isn’t stand alone and looks like she’s latched onto the first good-looking rich guy who will have her, even if it’s not the case.

Why is all this people against this girl?
Just because she’s young and pretty and she’s getting the boy everybody’s a fan of, she is now getting all this stupid criticism.. It’s all jealousy, as always, as with Blake Lively.. The only sin of these girls is being young and beautiful and getting the hot guy everyone’s jealous of.
Seriously people, find a better occupation in life than just coming here and insulting other people for free.
ps: I’m not Martha’s family or anything, I’m just a person of common sense from Europe.

What is the rush in getting married at such a young age…??? She is barely legit to have a drink in public? I don’t feel them.

@Lorelei:
With this I can for sure agree. They’re so young..
Saying that it’s rushed it’s ok, it’s your opinion and you’re more than welcome to tell it.
But why does people have to become so violent and throwing hate on this person just because, as I was saying earlier, she’s young, pretty and she’s getting the boy?

jared, good luck, you’re gonna need this during your divorce. soon.

I love her dress, but I’m not so fond of the picture that was released of the two. It looks so staged. I mean, come on – you just got married. It shouldn’t be too hard to show some real emotions?! Lily’s and Caleb’s picture was so real. I wish their picture would show them closer together. This is Martha in the limelight while Jared is probably watching his guest goofing off. Weird.

Sorry, but that dress looks like a bustier. She is a pretty girl, but this is not her best. Looks like she didn’t do a thing to her hair, and threw on this bustier and walked out the door. Geez. It’s your wedding day, hun. You could make a bit of an effort. And I say this, cause she could have looked SO much better!

The wedding dress is not attractive. Oh well, it’s her dress, not mine.

Alexandra @ 09/30/2012 at 2:22 pm

It’s really pathetic that friends or family of her discuss with fans over here. A fanbase has every right to judge on words and actions and to discuss certain topics. If people who supported this band and the members for YEARS don’t like the way Martha acts towards them, or think the marriage is too young, or don’t think the dress looks good, it’s their opinion. No one says she is a horrible person, but people judge based on what they read on twitter. If I was related to her, the last thing I would do is to get into discussions with FANS and provoke them even more and make the whole situation look even sillier.

Alexandra @ 09/30/2012 at 2:27 pm

@maria: Just because people don’t like a certain person doesn’t mean they are jealous. They just don’t like them, for whatever reasons. It’s not common sense what you’re talking about, because it’s absolutely immature to say that disliking equals jealousy.

She looks older than 21. And my hair and my face without makeup look much more better when I wake up in the morning than hers in her wedding day.

They look a bit like brother and sister, actually. I do wish them well. I totally have no problem with their age. Good for them, for knowing a good thing when they have it, and not letting it go. I’m kind of sick of this generation for thinking they need to sleep with a hundred people to make sure they love someone enough to finally make a commitment. I say good for them!

Hey, Marha’s family and friends, since you’re here, why don’t you enjoy the opportunity to show us her work as a model? Show us something!

that dress looks like it came from david’s bridal. or that tacky ‘pnina tornee’ **** on say yes to the dress. ugh. not classy.

and yeah, no way in hell this will last. she just looks like a golddigger.

and i don’t believe for a second that she’s 21.

Is she really a model? I’ve not seen any of her work online, print or otherwise and I agree about the top of the dress looking like a bustier and usually adore MONIQUE LHUILLIER.

@kat: Good thing it’s her wedding dress, not yours! & Even if it was from David’s Bridal, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. A wedding dress is about the girl who wears it & how she wears it, not how much money it cost.

Also, even though I am not family or a friend, I’d like to take the opportunity to prove you catty girls wrong. Go to http://www.clickmodel.com/index.php?page=division&did=13, scroll through “Talents” and you will see her. I have friends who model, & just because you do not see a girl in high profile campaigns does not mean that they are not a working model.

@Alexandra:
I say it’s jealousy because I saw a lot of criticism lately towards more than one person who all have in common the facts that they are beautiful young girls who just got a guy everybody likes (as for Blake Lively)..
I personally don’t follow the band, or her as a model, I’m from Italy and they’re not very well known.. I’m just reading these comments and they seem exaggerate, it seems like people is just throwing **** on these girls as if they are jealous.. I mean, this Martha may be a little snob, but it doesn’t mean she’s not a good person and anyway everybody in the starsystem is snob..
it’s a classic

Cute! Good for them, it’s their life. Though her head looks too big for her body…

btw, maria #37 is not me.

@Effy:
She really looks like young Jennifer Aniston..

@C: Oh wow. Real impressive (insert sarcasm). Looks like a glamour shot.

Everyone is comparing her to Lily – ???. I think she is much better looking than Lily. I don’t get it.

Well, good luck to them although I think she is waay too young (both are actually and they have known each other for only about six months only…. I think. Doesn’t exactly scream this marriage is going to be about longevity. Anyway it’s their lives. Oh…not jealous. I’m not really even a fan of his and I’ve never heard of her.

they look lovely and i hope they make each other happy. from following on twitter i think she seems v funny and cool, don’t know what all the commotion is about. and she is stunning, come on! i’m sure there are other nice shots where the wedding dress looks to fit well…release more photos!

Something tells me these guys (Kings of Leon) are only interested in models. LOL…This will only last until they hit 35, maybe 40? Then they’ll do what every rocker does, look for a new arm candy.

@thewriter: Only two of four are married to models…and one of them isn’t an actual professional model so that makes it one of four.
Nathan and Matthew aren’t with models and Jared isn’t with a professional model, so that makes it one. Caleb.

well i think she’s cute. they’re a goodlooking couple. but ahh man, she’s only 21! and as far as i know, they haven’t even been a couple long. this is the Followill brother that has been around the block… ew. still, i wish them well.

@maria: That’s what I said in another comment. People don’t say she is a bad person, but they have been following twitter and instagram stuff over the past few months and it was not positive. Even though I’m not a KOL fan myself, btu interested in all these reactions, I had a lot of talks with fans so far. And believe me, most of the people would love to like her, because they love Jared and they want him to be happy. Of course, fangirls are little *****, but that’s not the majority. Those are the girls that tweet Jared directly they want him.
Martha, or mainly her friends, get into fights with fans, and you see that even right now that her family/friends entered the fanzone. Why doing that if you claim you don’t care? It’s not healthy. You can’t compare your feelings towards your cousin or sister with what fans think. It’s so stupid. I would rather enjoy that my best friend or a family member is happy, than going through every kinds of comments and keep saying how awesome that girl is, because it makes you look silly. And that is what keeps this “fight” going.

Cassandra @ 10/01/2012 at 1:09 am

She is exquisite. So lovely. Natural and radiant.

Congrats!

Such a weird wedding photo to release. I’d have thought there would be something more intimate, instead she looks likes she stealing the limelight.
I don’t have any problem with this girl at all but I haven’t heard particularly nice things about her, there seems to be an ego there, but then Jared has one too so perhaps it’s a match made in heaven.

she is pretty but he is so gorgeous it’s kind of overpowering her.

He has been engaged once before….I wonder why they broke the engagement? Did someone cheat? Just wondering.

they look great!

@Alexandra:
I understand your point, thanks for saying it politely.
I still think all this criticism is exaggerate, especially since it’s all focused on saying how ugly she and her dress are (which I believe is just ridiculous, since she’s looking amazing and at least 80% of us would probably kill to have a body like hers).. It makes no sense to me: the girl is tweeting nasty thing so I’m going on gossip sites to say that she’s ugly and her dress bad taste, bla, bla, bla..
But- ehi!- to each their own..

They are such a great couple! She is really beautiful … I prefere a bride like her …so natural …

Are you all jealous or what???
She’s WAY prettier than Lily! Lily is ugly and plain boring – just like her dress at her wedding.
This girl has a wonderful dress and from her tweets she seems funny and sarcastic, just like Jared. While Lily is beyond boring , I even stopped following her. Lily is like “goodmorning xoxo” “happy birthday :) ” “I’m doing yoga , yay” and stuff like that. Besides she can’t even write without misspelling a couple of words every tweet.
Martha is funny and looked amazing” and so did her beautiful dress. The girl has got some spine, can’t say the same about your beloved Lily.

@jennie87: How mature of you to compare the two *heavy sarcasm*-
I think Lily is sweet and adorable, even to her fans.
How can you dislike Lily!? Seriously…she’s like the sweetest girl ever.
I don’t have anything bad to say about Martha because unlike you I don’t pit women against each other like an immature twat.
Also, Lily is far from ugly. That girl is gorgeous and has a lovely bone structure that photographs well. I bet if she was a little taller she would be doing high fashion just like her sister but be even more successful!
As for her dress, I thought it suited her frame well. I don’t like Martha’s dress all that much….the top part looks like lingerie, like a bustier. A dress unfinished.
The feathers are lovely though.

I think YOU ALL need to get some lives and seek professional help for your obsession! You don’t know these people and you NEVER will. Stop talking like you know them, it’s disturbing! Get off your computer, stop stalking, and live your own damn lives! You can be a fan, but there is a fine line between fan and stalker.

@TexasLady: The thing is Martha was rude to begin with to the fans. Nothing that you say is going to change their opinions about her and your comments are making Martha look quite pathetic. I’m sure she is a nice person but she just didn’t know when to insert her foot into her mouth. Jealousy is not a pretty thing and it just shows her insecurity in their relationship. Maybe she needs to take some advice from the lovely Jessie, Lily, and Johanna. I hope for Jared’s sake it works out. After all, she did control his wild ways. All in all she looks killer and I’m sure the wedding was beautiful.

CaliforniaLady @ 10/01/2012 at 2:38 pm

I think it’s HILARIOUS how Alisa posted stuff about him on Instagram before the wedding. Jared & her were such a cuter couple! Lily, Johanna, and Jessie are 10000000000000000000x nicer than Martha. She needs to take some tips from them. Most people would like her if she wasn’t a meanie head in the start. Whatever though, hope it works for Jared’s sake.

@CaliforniaLady: What did she post on instagram?

PSYCHO’S! YOU ARE ALL PSYCHO’S! Are you actually looking at what you are typing! You do NOT know Lily Aldridge, Johanna Followill, Jessie Baylin, or Martha Patterson, and if you did, I am sure they would never be friends with people who are so mean and weird! All you little weirdos need help, you are cray, cray!lol

I think martha looks beautiful! And it is a shame that people are so mean to someone they don’t know. I guess its the nature of the beast. I for one refuse to spread unnecessary negativity into the world. Congrats to them!

Tbh, it was Martha’s friends, not herself, getting into ‘fights’ on twitter with some fans. It’s only naturally to want to protect or defend people close to you – I did read some of the tweets people sent her and some of the things people say is just ridiculous. People complain that they post too many personal pictures on instagram but millions of other couples do so. They just get hate because Jared’s in a popular band. All things aside- he look’s handsome and I like that fact she didn’t go over the top with the jewellery or makeup. I did prefer Lily’s dress though.

The people who are rude deserve to have their lives looked at under a microscope! It’s so easy from behind a fake name with no picture. People getting on to Martha for “not being a model” should just drop it. She’s never come out and introduced herself that way, anyhow. It’s random people like you and I that let our fingers go on these keyboards that labeled her, and it stuck. She’s absolutely stunning! Are you blind?! Of course she could be a model. Mind you as well, she’s only 21. If you’re not seeing her in print, that very well may be why. She’s so young. You all may put your foot in your mouth when you see her being successful. Jealousy is always an ugly color.

@Ryanne86 @ 10/15/2012 at 2:26 am

Do you live under a rock? Karlie Kloss, Cara Delevingne, Barbara Palvin and even Kate Upton, are all models under the age 21 who are far more successful than this wannabe.You don’t label yourself as a model or even associate with the word if you have absolutely no experience in this field! Being just skinny and tall does not mean you can be a model. How ignorant can you possibly be?

Martha does not owe you people anything. Get over this whole “she did not get off on the right foot with the fans” crap. Who the hell are you? I’ve only ever seen her and her friends bullied on twitter. It’s pathetic and sad. He’s married, he’s happy, and you never had a chance. Move along. I think those kids in One Direction are single. Try and marry one of them, k?

She is a million times prettier (and taller) than lily. I can’t believe you guys would even compare martha to her. Although i must admit this picture of her looks a little unflattering. looked like she got a tan or maybe it’s the lighting or whatever but you should definitely check out her other pics. She’s a goddess. You should see her next to lily too. Then you comment.