Emma Watson: There's a Difference in British & American Guys!

Emma Watson: There's a Difference in British & American Guys!

Emma Watson flashes a smile during her appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, airing Tuesday (October 16).

The 22-year-old English actress chatted with Ellen about her fear of auditioning and discussed the difference between dating English and American guys.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Emma Watson

“English guys are very well put together. They dress really well and they are very well mannered. But they are also very restrained. Usually in the whole courting situation, I‘m used to being first of all, ignored for the first two months of the ritual. And then maybe they’ll acknowledge my presence. Then, they’ll probably be a little mean to me. And then, maybe we’ll you know whatever,” Emma shared. “Then I arrive in America and I remember a few nights into Brown this guy just being like, I like you. You’re great. Let’s go on a date. Let’s do it. I’m like; I’m sorry, what just happened? This is like a huge culture shock for me. They’re very like open and very straight forward but they wear flip-flops and I don’t know if I like that.”

Emma Watson Discusses Dating

ABC

Yup, I agree with Emma! British guys are amazing dressers. A total turn on!

This girl is full of herself. Such a shame, she used to be nice.

American guys are more chill, less uptight.

my neighbor’s step-sister got paid $19533 a week ago. she is making income on the computer and got a $539600 condo. All she did was get lucky and make use of the tips leaked on this website (Click on menu Home more information) http://goo.gl/LVn0O

She must be talking about California men. They have great weather all the year, so flip flips are a must. London has awful weather, and it rains all the time, so you have to dress accordingly.

Nataliya (Natasha) Stasyi @ 10/16/2012 at 9:24 am

I’m Russian and I don’t understand what does this line mean “a few nights into Brown this guy just being like, I like you.”? And what’s Brown?

Dave Franco @ 10/16/2012 at 9:35 am

She is smart and she is very opinionated, and we all know the internet police will be all over her.

@Sunny: the weather in london is awful so they have to dress accordingly by dressing WELL? Um okay lol. And brown is in rhode island, sweetie – where it’s well below 0 degrees in winter so no flip flops then.

@Nataliya (Natasha) Stasyi: Brown is the university she went to

brown is a prestigious ivy league university

@keka: Yes. That’s exactly what I meant. Also, I’ve heard that British people don’t take personal hygiene too seriously, so even when the outside may look “decent” the rest can be very smelly.

@Nataliya (Natasha) Stasyi:

Brown is University , member of the Ivy League in Providence ,RI

I think english YOUNG people are very open.
When I was in England boys was more like Emma said about American guys, but i dont know, maybe they treated me that because I’m not English.

007 THRILLKILL @ 10/16/2012 at 10:00 am

Brits are so full of their communist shi*t. This brit better return home really soon or it’s not going to need anymore freedom and education. Its brief time in America was a failure, now back to the a-hole of china with it.

@Sunny: That is just ridiculous and offensive. I am british, and I take a shower every day. Surely we smell better than you, or at least we have more education.

OH MY GOD SHE IS SO RIGHT
HAHA
STUDYING IN THE US SINCE A FEW MONTHS AND I’M ORIGINALLY FROM EUROPE -
MOST OF THE PEOPLE HERE DRESS HORRIBLE AND SO FAR BEHIND.
OFTEN I HAVE THE FEELING I’M IN A BANK BRANCH IN THE MIDDLE OF THE 90S – THAT’S HOW THEY DRESS.
WEARING SPORTSWEAR OR CONSERVATIVE SHIRTS AND UGLY RECTANGULAR CHEAP LEATHER SHOES TO UNIVERSITY HAHAHAHHA

SO RIGHT, SO RIGHT.

@CHARLOTTE

MORE EDUCATION – THAT’S IT!

@Cherie: Generalize in this way is stupid. By this token, we could say that all spanish people dance “Sevillanas”, that all muslims are terrorists or that Italians eat only pasta.

@J:”That’s how they dress”? Who are they? All the european people? Maybe you must to know that Europe is enormous and there are a lot of differences between the european countries, there is not two equal countries. The customs regarding clothing in each country are very different. I’m actually doubting if you really are european by the way you´re talking about, just demonstrates a total ignorance about Europe.

porkfrieddrice @ 10/16/2012 at 3:12 pm

flip flops are for girls only, any guy wearing flip flops outside of the beach is a slob … and def could never be a hero. have you ever seen a hero rescuing a woman wearing flip flops ? you can barely walk in that sheets let alone run like a hero !

thighmegatampon @ 10/16/2012 at 6:14 pm

Could it have more to do with the fact that she was famous when coming to Brown? I’ve seen American guys act shy and standoffish as well. I don’t think we can stereotype temperament based on nationality.

I don’t know, I really like how opinionated she is! I’d rather a person take the risk of coming off as a ***** while being real, rather than being fake.

Nataliya (Natasha) Stasyi @ 10/18/2012 at 2:34 am

@mel: @Anna: Thanks girls!!!