Joaquin Phoenix Slams Academy Awards

• Anti-gay Russians send a summons to MadonnaTowleroad
  • Wyclef Jean shows off his shirtless body for his birthday – Celebuzz
  • The Kardashian‘s check out the Clippers game – ASL

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Smart Dude

Unless he wins one

omg, did anyone see those pix of stella hudgens on hollywood tuna. the link is in this post above. i agree with ht, that girl desperately needs some parental supervision. do her parents have any control over her? poor kid. i feel so sorry for her with no one to guide her and give her advise.

he needs to shut his mouth he’s just jealous because he knows he’ll never win

I think he can win someday the oscar!
I depends on the character!
********
If it´s an interesting character of an interesting movie, the chances will
rise a lot to win an oscar!
********
For the character of Johnny Cash, he had deserved the oscar, too!
He played it as well as Reese played the character of June Carter!

“GET RHYTH, WHEN YOU GET THE BLUES!”
********
Joaquin performed that song perfectly! Well done, Jo!
********
He should get a new name: JOAQUIN PHOENIX CASH !

btweenlines @ 10/18/2012 at 4:54 pm

Its very difficult to find someone objective in this world. The audience acts like sheeps too.

Understandable @ 10/18/2012 at 4:56 pm

He is an amazing actor, his performance in The Master is one of the best I’ve seen in a long time. He totally out shined Phil Seymour. I didn’t like Seymour in this movie at all. Joaquin carried the film and was brilliant, he should win the Oscar and it would be cool of him not to show up. It’s all for the glamourous ladies anyway.

Joaquin is so sexy in this movie! omg like wow and great acting! I loved the movie and hope he wins the Oscar

He’s right, we need more Actors like him, not all Actors are dying to win an Oscar, the same for Musicians and the Grammys, learn from Marlon Brando people.

Juicy Lucy @ 10/18/2012 at 6:44 pm

I have watched the Academy Awards for over 35 years and I agree that they are more a fashion parade and a popularity contest regarding a good majority of actors who get nominated. To me, best performance by an actor is ambiguous as there is really no way to determine who constitutes a great performance. Past winners such as Kathrine Hepburn, George C. Scott, and Marlon Brando have turned down their awards so Phoenix is in good company.

@Juicy Lucy: I agree, it’s just a fashion and popularity circus now. Bradley Cooper is a favorite to win Best Actor – if he gets an Oscar before Depp then that just proves to me what a joke it’s become.

Juicy Lucy @ 10/18/2012 at 7:18 pm

@jess:

I’m not holding my breath for BC to win an Oscar, Critics haven’t seen Bill Murray’s portrayal of FDR nor have they seen Anthony Hopkins in Hitchcock. I have read on another site that one of these two performances could be the wild card that eliminates Cooper from the competition.

My Best Actor nominees are as follows:

Daniel Day Lewis
Joaquin Phoenix
John Hawkes
Richard Gere
Bill Murray.

Every single award show these days is bullsh!t.

Well, right now he is the favorite winner, but we all now that the voters get upset really quick, so…

anonymous @ 10/19/2012 at 3:31 pm

Does anyone know if he’s still with heather Christie?

Bernadette @ 10/19/2012 at 8:03 pm

Surprised to hear all this; he enjoyed the Golden Globe for Walk the Line. Maybe it isn’t exactly the Oscar Award itself but the required speeches, etc afterward. Maybe he’ll change his mind later. He’ll definately be nominated.

Hi Joaquin, here your Oscar for the best male main-actor:
………J………………………………………………………………J
…………J…………………………………………………………J
…………………..J………..WALK..THE..LINE………..J
……………………………………….J
………………………………………………………………………..
******************************************************************
YOU REALLY HAD DESERVED THIS OASCAR!

toanonymous @ 10/20/2012 at 8:44 am

Of course he’s still with Heather Christie, she’s the one! Look at him, he’s in heaven

NOPE! HAHA As predicted, he’s back to his old sleezy ways. He was spotted with a blond girl dining on twitter recently & some1 on the other board said she follows heathers twitter account who has had brown hair for a month. LOL

1 )Heather Christie has no Twitter’s account

2) If the other person says it’s not true, ask some proofs and you’ll see

3) Tweets are not always realiable, sorry

She does have a twitter account, but she hasn’t posted for ages.
Someone really wants them to break up…grop up, frustrated people (or shpould I say PERSON)

*grow up

Littlebabe2 @ 11/08/2012 at 1:44 am

@plouf:

Yes, Heather DOES have a twitter account. Rain Phoenix is following her. I just looked it up. Quite funny he was spotted with a blonde when she had brown hair before then. Haha! As much as you keep trying to claim theyre “serious”, we all know they aren’t. You keep going under numerous names (and have been doing this since Teuta was around) on here, and constantly claiming he is serious with every girl he’s with because you want to piss people off. It isn’t working. You need a life BAD. There is no point in constantly going under various names speaking pretending like he is serious with every girl he’s ever dated. I feel sorry for you because you’ve been doing this since 2006 (and I know you’re the same person because your English sucks).

A) Twitter sighting are mostly false and many of them are made up by people like you, where you make a fake twitter account, report that you’ve “spotted them”, then come on here like “Ohhh guess who he was with!?!” Yeah we’re not dumb and know the drill. Without picture evidence, Twitter sightings mean nothing.

B) The alleged sighting (the I guarantee YOU posted on a fake twitter name) said he was with a blonde. (Probably because you thought Heather had blonde hair at the time and wanted people to believe he was with her) only it backfired because Heather has had brown hair for over a month and her new Facebook photo even shows that.

This is long and I apologize to most for that. I’m just so sick of the negativity on here. So sick of this same troll going who has been on this site for years (look back in 2006 when he was with Teuta and you’ll see this same poster).

It comes down to the fact that, gossip sites don’t mean a damn thing. Joaquin can date whoever he wants. I don’t believe at all he is serious with Heather, nor do I care. I know he has only been with her a few months, and I know it will not last due to various reasons I won’t get into. He dated Liv for 3 years and it didn’t last. Topaz as well. If he makes it past 3 years, I’ll say they have fighting chance. Though I can bet money he will not. So until that day comes, I won’t be back here. No matter how many lies are spread on here both good and bad, it doesn’t change the truth.

Go to JP Central and call a shrink