Gerard Butler Recalls Near Death Surfing Accident - Watch!

Gerard Butler Recalls Near Death Surfing Accident - Watch!

Gerard Butler is all smiles as he leaves his hotel on Monday afternoon (October 22) in New York City.

Earlier in the day, the 42-year-old actor made an appearance on Good Morning America to chat about his new film Chasing Mavericks and recalled a near death surfing accident that occurred while filming.

“That’s crazy!” Gerard said while watching a clip of the accident. “Even when I see that it brings back memories. I was down and I just didn’t come back up, really. I started to think ‘wow I’m going to die making a movie.’”

Gerard Butler Recalls Near Death Surfing Accident – Watch!

FYI: Gerard is wearing an AllSaints leather shirt.

gerard butler recalls near death surfing accident 01
gerard butler recalls near death surfing accident 02
gerard butler recalls near death surfing accident 03
gerard butler recalls near death surfing accident 04
gerard butler recalls near death surfing accident 05

Jesse Grant/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Why is he staying in a hotel when he has his beautiful loft to stay in?????

I feel sorry for him. I wish I had been his lifeguard. Btw what’s up to his hand lately? He’s always doing the cool thing.

Still looks good.

Bad hair dye job, IMO. Nice smile though.

Gotta say @ 10/22/2012 at 7:07 pm

Other media will want interviews and press interviews are usually given in hotels.

Zhyrnyi Urod.

..he doesn’t want someone thinking that they can move into his home. Might give that person the wrong impression about how he considers their relationship..

Good nice guy

more threads but i dont mind as lond as i get to see that pretty smile looking good and sexy gerry cant wait to see more threads……

Yet another thread @ 10/22/2012 at 7:12 pm

This is gonna get old real fast. I guess we can expect at least two new threads a day now.

Nice interview on GMA! He sounded great and looked ah-mazing. Loved the clip and that excellent footage of the huge wave(s). Good idea. Looking forward to seeing him on the other shows!

The Noise In The Walls @ 10/22/2012 at 7:14 pm

Reading some of the reviews on Mavericks..Not bad Mr. Butler!! There are a few coming in…From the footage I’ve seen..looks like Gerry held his own when it came to surfing..! Hang Loose!!

Isn;t that Jeanette Robinette behind him in one of the pics? I saw her quite alot in premiere shots.

Totally Useless Information @ 10/22/2012 at 7:39 pm

Yes, that is Jeannia behind GB. Too bad he screwed that relationship up. I think she’s his ideal.

Jeannia is probably doing Gerry’s makeup for the press junket. She has traveled with him on press tours before as his makeup artist. He’s probably giving her work like he does all his friends.

Or she is the only one that will put up with his ego concerning his looks.

Crawdaddy @ 10/22/2012 at 8:29 pm

Jeannia, Nick, Amy and Alan all there. Guess it’s good that he has the team to back him up coast to coast.

He has really looked nasty the last year or so, but he looks great here. Love the hair cut. I don’t know if that chick is his dating ideal, but he damn sure needs to keep her as his makeup artist. He looks a good 10 years younger with all his age spots covered and wrinkles plumped up. Pretty hot, even if the hotness will largely wash on in the shower.

oops . . .wash “off” not “on”

JoAnneJay @ 10/22/2012 at 8:41 pm

I can’t believe that this the same person that is in those photos from France! He looks so much happier, fresh and relaxed.
Either he was majorly jet lagged in France or……dare I say? He looks better without macaroni……

No matter what anyone thinks of him. Thank God nothing serious happened and he is fine.

@nyob:
I was going to mention that. Everyone ooo-ing and ah-ing about his looks in that last two days forget that he’s having his hair and wardrobe professionally styled and he’s wearing a ton of make-up. Studios send people to attend press events and provide the actors with professional styling teams to make sure they look good for red carpets and premieres. Once all that washes off, he’s going to go back to looking like the middle-aged guy he usually does, who is showing his 40+ years and then some.

Can you ever get to much of Gerry?? Naw, I love seeing his smiling face. I just hope he doesn’t get run down with all the appearances scheduled for the next couple of weeks.

Lady Maverick @ 10/22/2012 at 9:49 pm

@JoAnneJay:
What?
I think he looked good and happy in France. He was all smiles during his lunch and when he was eating alone. what was he supposed to do? Giggle to himself for no reason?
He’ll talk about MG if asked. If Kelly doesn’t ask him about his love life then we can safely assume that he’s put a moratorium on those questions because after the Vanity Fair photos, he can now see how much pap intrusion he’s going to get because they are both high profile.
@Polly:
I agree. He looks alright without a stylist but he looks hot with one lol!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All