Gerard Butler Recalls Near Death Surfing Accident - Watch!

Gerard Butler Recalls Near Death Surfing Accident - Watch!

Gerard Butler is all smiles as he leaves his hotel on Monday afternoon (October 22) in New York City.

Earlier in the day, the 42-year-old actor made an appearance on Good Morning America to chat about his new film Chasing Mavericks and recalled a near death surfing accident that occurred while filming.

“That’s crazy!” Gerard said while watching a clip of the accident. “Even when I see that it brings back memories. I was down and I just didn’t come back up, really. I started to think ‘wow I’m going to die making a movie.’”

Gerard Butler Recalls Near Death Surfing Accident – Watch!

FYI: Gerard is wearing an AllSaints leather shirt.

gerard butler recalls near death surfing accident 01
gerard butler recalls near death surfing accident 02
gerard butler recalls near death surfing accident 03
gerard butler recalls near death surfing accident 04
gerard butler recalls near death surfing accident 05

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

Pages: « 1 [2] Show All
Lady Maverick @ 10/22/2012 at 10:02 pm

@Alina:
Thanks for sharing!
He looks amazing. So relaxed and totally in his element.

justsayin'too @ 10/22/2012 at 10:31 pm

He looks great with the short hair and thicker body. He looks so much more masculine not to mention healthier. I think he is just a big guy and trying to be so skinny this past year just made him look sick. If it is his stylist then he needs to keep them on the payroll because he doesn’t even look like the same guy a few days ago.

He’s very handsome. He does seem to have a hard time articulating himself. He rambles a lot. I think he likes attention but also feels someone awkward. I really don’t know what people want from him, he’s just a person.

Trying to figure it out @ 10/22/2012 at 11:29 pm

Have to wait until tomorrow night to watch Jimmy Fallon, we are behind the power curve here.

I also saw another trailer for CM, the 10 seconds to make a decision one; it seems like they are aiming for a younger, possibly surfer dude target audience.

Bubble Soccer @ 10/23/2012 at 12:51 am

Gerry playing Bubble Soccer on Jimmy Fallon! Gerry scores in the funniest way anyone has ever done it!

Ladies bubble soccer with gerry the funniest thing i’ve ever seen.

Hahaha that was hilarious! Ingenious way to score :P

That was hilarious! Who thinks of these games? I want a job like that.. :)

NEW THREAD @ 10/23/2012 at 1:51 am

Check it out!

The GMA interview wasn’t anything great. It was mostly about the world of surfing, and if you are not a surfer, you don’t have that much use for it. He had the best interviews when discussing LAC, 300, the phantom, and Attila. Even interviews related to MGP are not that great, but of course better than this. Also, I didn’t think he looked that good. His touch up is horrid and made his face look weird, and his hair is a bit unkept, although he looks better in some pics.
I’m not sure I’ll see this film, but maybe BF and I will go see it anyway. I think Playing for Keeps is going to be a much better, more touching movie. I can appreciate more a story about a man trying to be close to his son, wanting to bond with him, and to reconnect with his beautiful wife once again. We need lots of reconciliation in our relationships. It seems more important than a surfing movie, although I am sure the sights of Santa Cruz must be breathtaking in the film, and I heard the sound track is great too. So will see. I might see it if BF is interested.

@Trying to figure it out:
“I must admit he looks good here; not surprised he didn’t mention a certain person during the interview though. I never watched it, just read the comment.”
They didn’t ask him about that certain person, so what do you think he’s going to do, bring her up out of the blue? He doesn’t have a great need to speak about his GF so that you old lonely ladies get satisfying info on her. Get a grip on reality.

@He’s Fine : ):
“He is looking delicious here. What difference a good night’s sleep can make. He has probably had a tiresome couple of weeks with a lot of travel and business going on. That’s why he looked a little haggard in a couple of the pap photos we saw.
He looks relaxed here : )
Spending time with his family must have made a big difference.”
You must be seeing things. He was at a party in LA Sunday night and was flying all night to be in the studio bright and early. I think it’s why he looked a bit off. Most of you old hags like to see things that fits your narrative. It’s not even rooted in reality.

@Seriously:
“I don’t agree with the extend of fandom where a person feels the need to travel the world over to follow their idol, but having said that, Moira is a very kind, sweet person. She never oversteps her bounds and Gerry is appreciative of her loyalty. The image proves it as he is holding on to her arm, not the other way around.”

Well said. I often take Moira’s side when she gets trashed here, because like Gerry and the women he dates, Moira is the object of much jealousy for her ability to be at many Gerry events throughout the world. It’s obvious some of the posters on JJ hate her because of their jealousy.
Moira is not a threat to Gerry, and is one of his best fans. He isn’t annoyed with her. ITAWY on this statement: “Next time you’re in the room with Gerry, ask him who he’d rather spend a few minutes with — Moira who he knows respects him or one of the vile people who spew hatred and venom on this site.” That’s exactly right.

I see our vile and jealous Russian, Alina, has been on JJ posting her garbage nonstop since Saturday evening. I guess, she doesn’t have a life. That explains her great jealousy of MG.
@Alina, yous seem to know a lot about prostit/utes, do you have a p!mp yourself? How much do you charge for a BJ? Probably not a lot, being the cheap Russian you are.

@LOL:
BUL.LSHIT !!!!

@Alina:
don’t answer her, please. хрен с ней.

@Aha….:
Aha: )))))))))))))))))))))

Jimmy Fallon @ 10/23/2012 at 5:19 am

The interview was very boring because there wasn’t anything new or any opportunity for Gerard to be his old funny self like he used to be on talk shows where you never knew what was going to come out of his mouth. The soccer thing was totally a waste of time and stupid and not at all funny. Hopefully the rest of the appearances will be more interesting.

angelsrock @ 10/23/2012 at 6:40 am

@Jimmy Fallon:

And that would be largely Jimmy’s fault. He asks the questions and he got right into CM. I thought it went fine. Jimmy had a lot of guests last night. Gerry just did the one take and then the bubble soccer. Do you really think the bubble soccer was Gerry’s idea?

Can'tGetEnough @ 10/23/2012 at 7:40 am

Good Morning JJer’s. Here’s a pic of GB from the Jimmy Fallon show and a pic from GMA:

Can'tGetEnough @ 10/23/2012 at 7:43 am

Felix Baumgartner
Meeting Gerard Butler
Damned was that guy cool. We had a nice chat in the green room and we where sharing tattoos! Haha his of course was not real!!!

@Why?: Maybe MG is holding his place hostage. “Marry me or give me more publicity “

Pages: « 1 [2] Show All