Gerard Butler: I've Put So Much Work & Love Into My Career

Gerard Butler: I've Put So Much Work & Love Into My Career

Gerard Butler makes his way into the Waldorf Astoria hotel late Wednesday night (October 24) in New York City.

The 42-year-old Chasing Mavericks actor was on his way to have dinner with a pal at the swank Big Apple hotspot.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

“I’ve had fun along the way, but I’ve worked – listen, this was a second career for me,” Gerard recently told USA Today about how he takes his career seriously. “And in my first career I was very unhappy… But what I realize now is if you give me the right thing, I’m like a dog with a bone. I’ve put so much into my career, so much work, so much love.”

FYI: Gerard is wearing a Rogue jacket with Rogue boots.

gerard butler ive put so much work love into my career 01
gerard butler ive put so much work love into my career 02
gerard butler ive put so much work love into my career 03
gerard butler ive put so much work love into my career 04

• Heidi Montag congratulates Lauren Conrad on her wedding - US Weekly
  • August Alsina collapses during a performance- TMZ
  • Sharon Osbourne blasts U2 for their free album- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Perry has joined the cast of CSI: Cyber- Entertainment Weekly
  • Martha Stewart slams Gwyneth Paltrow- Huffington Post
  • Read a review of Keira Knightley's new film Laggies- Lainey Gossip
  • Jerry Seinfeld honors Joan Rivers at an award show- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Cora Keegan shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Show All

Gerard is the best

Well, he sure is pretty. But that kind of depends on his weight at the moment a photo is taken. He’s an absolute stunner when he is on the thinner side. He’s nice looking when he’s bulked up, but he’s just gorgeous when he is thinner.

highlands @ 10/25/2012 at 9:18 am

I love him. Just wish he’d lose 120 pounds of Romanian weight that’s been attached to him recently.

And we are so proud of you Gerard!!!

Queen LaQueefah @ 10/25/2012 at 9:26 am

I think thuis guy sis a closeted homosexual. Over 40 and never married. And the womanizer thing is just a cover-up created by his publicist. Gilding the lilly too much, as they say. Never really involved in a relationship with a woman. Hardly ever seen/photographed with a woman. Very odd. Very suspect.

@Queen LaQueefah: Wrong. Gerard protects his private life. He is not an attentionwhore. Like he said he takes his career seriously and wants to be known for his work and not whom he dates. Just because someone is never married doesn’t make them a homosexual.

@Queen LaQueefah:
Why should anyone care, do we really still live in the dark ages where we persecute and hound others about their sexuality. Which BTW I’m told Queen latifah is gay so why use her name. The guy puts himself out there and some of you just like to give him crap. I like his movies and if it came out that he was gay I could care less. Do people come up to you guys and ask if your gay? Just for the record being married doesn’t guarentee thats hes straight. I have a friend whos husband cheated on her with his gay friend. What matters is whether they truly love you or not. Thats the rarest thing in this world, gay or straight.

@Cindy:
In view of recent events he’s not protects his private life!

@Alina: “Gerry wakes up.” “Gerry puts on shoes.” Please, give it a rest, JJ. And Cindy, he uses his private life for public consumption when it suits his purposes, or there would never have been such a public “makeout” session on the street for all to see. Celebrities do this when they want attention, and then scream “respect my privacy” when they don’t. Absurd behavior.

Doggietella looks rough. Makes me wonder what kind of conversations she and Gerry could have. How does he keep from laughing hysterically when he sees her tightly stretched face?

@TeaCakes: Donatella wasn’t a bad looking woman years ago. Wonder why people do that to themselves?. Maybe G ought to take a better look at her … if MG has any more work done, she may end up like that someday. He could be spending the rest of his life with a mummy.

exfantiredbyallthebs @ 10/25/2012 at 11:02 am

At this rate jared the few gb fans will need rehab to recover from the drugs needed to keep up with the vacuous threads. I assume you’ll fund it, right?

And Gerry, you’re a very spoiled, lazy and hollow man if you think 6-9months holiday and endulgence each year us ‘hard work’! Blooming grow up.

@TeaCakes:
…..”How does he keep from laughing hysterically when he sees her tightly stretched face?”
———————————-
And he does not appear hysterical laughter when he looks at lips- botox MG? Jitteriness disgusting! So don’t discuss Donatella Versace, this woman with great dignity and causes only a great respect!

In this day and age, to think that someone is gay because they are of certain age and never married, is simply outdated thinking. It isn’t 1952 anymore. Maybe he’s gay, bi (and if so, GOOD for him!) or maybe he’s not. I personally believe he’s straight or bi. What does marriage have to do with it? As a previous poster stated, being married does ensure that someone is straight. (I’m looking at you guys: Travolta, Smith, Cruise, etc.).
Also, some people, like myself, don’t believe in marriage and will NEVER get married. AND I’M STRAIGHT AS AN ARROW.

Sorry! Typo….wish JJ allowed editing. I meant to say being married does NOT ensure that someone is straight.

@Toronto: Spot on right, Toronto. Rock Hudson, John Travolta, Fran Drescher married for over a decade and had no idea her hubby was gay. Liza Minelli married only gay men and probably didn’t realize it either. I agree that Gerry may be bi.

bucket list @ 10/25/2012 at 12:21 pm

I don’t want to be anything like Frammie, but just once, I’d love to see Gerard up close and personal to see if he is really as good looking in the flesh as he appears in lots of photos, on TV and in movies.I’ve read some quotes from fans that he’s even better looking in person. I wonder……..

@Sigh…:

I so totally agree with you. He has never used a relationship like this before, and it’s pretty pathetic if you ask me. How someone who really is a good guy can stoop this low only proves he’s forgotten who he is, where he comes from and has gone totally Hollywood. I will always like him and he is amazingly beautiful in person, but his behavior with MG lately screams old man having a mid-life crisis and using it for PR. I wish he had more respect for himself and his career.

It's a fact! @ 10/25/2012 at 12:46 pm

@exfantiredbyallthebs: I do agree that many celebs are spoiled, especially the ones like the Kardasians, Hilton, etc., who seem to never work for their fame. But in Gerry’s case, I do think he works very hard. I think anyone who learns to surf for a film rather then use a stunt double, especially in the conditions he was in, is pretty dedicated and hard working. And when you consider that many of their hours filming last from sun up to sundown and beyond, for two or three months straight, they need some time off to unwind. And even during that time, he’s looking at scripts, going to meetings regarding the administrative and financial aspects of the films and doing PR and premieres. It’s a life style that neither YOU nor I could ever understand unless we lived it.

The Original Julie @ 10/25/2012 at 12:52 pm

Love the long coats, Gerry… :)

@It’s a fact!: I totally agree with you. We all may work 40 hrs /wk or more but he can put in a 12 to 18 hour day for upto 3 months at a time. besides who is it for any of us to judge him or anyone else. We all make our own choices, we have to live with the consequences.

Doublespeak @ 10/25/2012 at 12:58 pm

@Sigh…: ITAWY. From what they stated in the DM article, it sounded like quite the display, and was surprising to passersby. I’m sure. That was the intent. He’s also standing right in front of crowded restaurant’s window. Private person? Um hmm. Wonder who called the paps in advance? Someone did, because they don’t sit outside of every restaurant in the souh of France.

World's smallest violin @ 10/25/2012 at 2:18 pm

@exfantiredbyallthebs: You are so right! Most people in this world put “so much work and love into their careers” without being paid millions and millions of dollars, having a staff of people to take care of everything, get luxurious perks and work a few months of the year. No, many are single parents struggling to make ends meet and still have time to spend a few minutes each day with their kids. Most people can’t afford vacations and some can barely afford to put a few gifts under the tree at Christmas. This is so gag-worthy I can’t believe my freakin’ eyes.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Show All