Brad Pitt: Furniture Designer for Pollaro!

Brad Pitt: Furniture Designer for Pollaro!

Brad Pitt has a new gig – furniture designer!

The 48-year-old actor has teamed up with designer Frank Pollaro for a new line of furniture – Pitt-Pollaro.

“I’ve been doodling ideas for buildings and furniture since the early 1990s, when I first discovered [Charles Rennie] Mackintosh and Frank Lloyd Wright,” Brad told Architectural Digest. “Actually, I found Wright in college, when looking for a lazy two-point credit to get out of French. It forever changed my life.”

The pair decided to work together after Frank visited Brad‘s home to install a commissioned piece and saw his sketchbook.

“I asked him, ‘Why don’t we make some of this stuff real?’” Frank said. “Brad said he thought that could be fun.”

The Pitt-Pollaro line will be unveiled at an event in New York that takes place November 13 through 15. If you can’t make it, make sure to check out pitt-pollaro.com on November 11 for the website launch!

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Brad Pitt’s venture into furniture?

Bigger picture inside…

Just Jared on Facebook
brad pitt furniture designer for pollaro

Photos: Courtesy of Pollaro Custom Furniture for Architectural DIgest
Posted to: Brad Pitt

Getty
  • M.I.A. calls the VMAs "racist" after she was snubbed - US Weekly
  • Is Ronda Rousey pregnant with her first child? - TMZ
  • Mary J. Blige is getting a divorce - Gossip Cop
  • Sabrina Carpenter just dropped her new song - Just Jared Jr
  • David Foster spotted on date with new woman - Radar
  • Cara Delevingne pulled a prank on the squad - Lainey Gossip
  • Conservatives are attacking Bradley Cooper - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Passing Through

Damn, Jared, when you posted this new thread did you also use the dog whistle to alert the trolls? I’m barely through 3 pages and 45 of the comments are from trolls. I didn’t even know MegaShite and Tampon were allowed out of their coffins during daylight hours. Just our luck…biitches are daywalkers…

• http://yahoo krissy

Simply amazing

• nepenthes

I don’t like at all this artsy type of furniture, I’m more of a “traditional” kind, plus they probably cost a fortune!
    I just wanted to say Brad looks a million times better with darker hair (granted this photograph is recent- I don’t really know).

• Truth

@Passing Through: Definitely my favorite comment re: his furniture. Sure to piss off passing through…even though she knows it’s truth.
    jinni says:
    November 4, 2012 at 8:59 am
    Between the Chanel commercial and this article, I really feel like he and Goop were soulmates. They should have never broken up. Can you image what a force of pretentious intellect they would’ve been? It would make James Franco weep.
    poppy says:
    November 4, 2012 at 11:25 am
    lol
    the world wasn’t big enough to hold those combined egos.

Pittstains new nickname is Mr. Goop

• Rose

Some people believe these furniture will be massed produce. These are limited pieces, as PT said, it’s art. Therefore, trolls don’t need to worry about someone asking them to buy it. The chair alone is over $4o,ooo. So, relax trolls these pieces will not be in your basement.

• a lurker

PT, Angie said Brad already made furniture when they were in Venice.

• tamsin

@Whamo:

Wham, loons always deflect our criticism on the Brand by attacking Aniston because they’ve somehow deluded themselves into thinking that we are emotionally invested in her life, the way they are. They don’t understand that our dislike for them and their idols is independent from how we feel about Aniston, Clooney or any other celebrity that loons deem rivals to the druggie and his ho.

• tamsin

@Truth:

I agree. The only way Pitty has become famous has been by association. It was always through the women he dated at the time or the much bigger movie stars he was lucky enough to share credits with.

His box office record is not consistent when it comes to actual hits, so to call him A list is absolutely questionable (except in loons’ heads) and loosely applied. A-list name recognition? Yes, but as a solid, consistent hit maker, not at all. Regardless, Troy remains the biggest hit of his career and that was during the Aniston years. :D

• megatit

@tamsin:
    Lol Tam, don’t you know Grotoundbeef is the authority on EVERYTHING? Charity working, art and design, lawyerin’, defamationin’, pot hidin’. She’s the oracle of loons. LMAO at Banksy. That should say it all for this pseudo intellectual wannabe, no? I see Baboonia got tired of watching from the sidelines and just HAD to say something. Her loons were expecting a statement. And here’s Rosey Poo just in time with her trolls in pain! Trolls going cray cray! You I think she’s one of Passing Poop’s programs. Too predictable.

• wooah

When you are Brad Pitt, every door is open to you. He probably can sell all his furniture in a second just because he is Brad Pitt.

• megatit

That’s groundbeef…although rotund beef has a ring to it…

• wooah

He is definitely a modern art lover. I think I like his design thou.

• tamsin

@Whamo:

An unclean, long, greenish-looking ingrown toenail. Ugh. I feel so bad for Toilet Tisha now… she has to clip them off Passing Poop’s toes.

• holy moly

I bet that 20 K gold side table will cost at least $1 million.

• carry

I am proud of him as a fan. He is involving in things he is passinate about it. All the products looks good only in jealous and competiion minds they are not. But Brad like I said many many times, All your effort will be in vain if you are full 100% in every aspect of your life and breath it. Fear destructs so is signing up to play useless games with others or let them to take it from you.

• queen jolie

what happened?i visited the last thread and saw there is a new thread.when i clicked page one , most of the posts are thumbed down, i jumped to last page and its the same.im just glad i could not see them.the trolls are still losing it.lol.im so sad with what happen in new york.hope all the fans living there are okay.my prayers for the people there.

• carry

If you are not I meant it shit I want jared to have a perview also his site to remember the comments like if you forget to type you email wrong etc Or if you make any kind of mistake so you don’t have to re type . Jared only your side is backward.lolo

• carry

trolls are paniking it is the funnies. Simmy, tramp and etc are losing thier equlibrum over this hahahahahahahaha nice relaxing after a kind of stressed day.

• tamsin

Whamo @ 11/05/2012 at 4:17 pm

===================================================
    Over 6 Feet!!!! ??? LMFAO good luck, not that I care what height he is and height is hardly what makes him look like a Dbag at times BUT there is NO WAY he’s over 6 feet and I would say in REAL life he’s 5,10 TOPS! Over 6″ BAWAHAAAAAAAAA.

Hey and guess what, pigs do in-fact fly, there is a pot of gold under every rainbow and Brad actually LOVES Heroina!!!!
    Loolooolololololololo
    ————————-

Whamo, loons need to take off those beer googles for good.

Old Pitty is 5’9 / 5’10 at best, which happens to be the same as Theroux height.

There’s plenty of pics that show both of them standing next to Aniston and Orlando Bloom and you can easily tell they’re in the same height range. I posted links to these pics some time ago but loons were too chickenshiitt to admit that I’m right.

Also, there’s been numerous occasions in which Pitty has been photographed wearing lifts / heels, which is not any different from what Theroux or Cruise have done.

There is nothing wrong with their stature and Pitty seems normal to me at that height, so I fail to see why loons continue to gloat about Pitty’s misreported height. The same goes for Heroina, who is not 5’7/ 5’8 at all.

• fyi

Private Exhibition

Pollaro will unveil an unprecedented collection of over
    50 pieces of new furniture and lighting
    November 13-15, 2012
    Chelsea
    Manhattan
    RSVP is required to attend the exhibition.
    To register, click here.
    For more information, please email: info@pollaro.com.

• tamsin

@megatit:

OMG yes… the Oracle of loons! LOL, how did I not see that? NAN the profet, Groundbeef the Oracle. She’s like their very own version of Wikipedia, written in loonish.

Groudbeef just can’t stop making one stupid post after another. She didn’t know that people needed “degrees” to be called artists, she says. LOL, we already knew her standards aren’t too high, didn’t we? She considers Pitty one of them arteests! Oh you and you forgot to mention that she’s also authority in architecturin’. :)

• Passing Through

I don’t know if this story was posted here or not…but…here’s another reason NOT to vote for Romney…the assssshole tried to make Angie look bad by quoting ridic tabloid stories about Angie being mad at Jane Pitt. Just when I thought that dipshite couldn’t stoop any lower. Now he’s gone from waffling to cottail riding Brad and Angie. He’d better be careful or Ticky is going to sue him for copyright infringement -
    Romney Backers Feature Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie ‘Family Feud’ in Campaign Mag
    11:43 AM PDT 10/27/2012 by Tina Daunt
    The super PAC-produced publication called MittZine, with 4.5 million copies distributed, also dishes on how the White House allegedly snubbed Oprah Winfrey’s offer to help the first lady with her healthy kids initiative.
    Mitt Romney’s backers may once have derided President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign for its frequent reliance on celebrities, but now that push has come to shove, the GOP candidates’ allies have decided to play the Hollywood card.
    Romney Sells ‘Friday Night Lights’-Inspired Bracelets Despite TV Creator’s Angry Protests
    This weekend, readers of newspapers across the contested swing states will find a glossy, 12-page color magazine insert called MittZine, and it uses a good dose of celebrity dish to persuade voters to cast their ballot for Romney. In tried and true tabloid fashion, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are on the cover with a headline reading “Political Family Feud.” Inside are details from “gossip mags” about how Pitt’s mother had upset Jolie by writing an anti-Obama letter to her local Midwestern newspaper. The actresses’ father, Academy Award-winning actor Jon Voight—a longtime conservative stalwart—came to Mrs. Pitt’s defense.
    “Gossip mags say Angie complained to Brad about his mother’s outspoken conservatism,” according to the story in MittZine. “Voight has defended Mrs. Pitt’s right to speak her mind, and attacked the media for unduly criticizing a ‘very honorable and intelligent’ Mitt Romney.”

• tish

@groundcontrol:

GC,

How true about who should be called an artist . Like you say you don’t have to be schooled either .

Hel’l i made these dried rose topary trees just for fun as like to make crafts and was shocked when my g/f asked if i would make up a half dozen or so and she would take them to a craft show that was being held at our local university. I laughed and said i will make them for you but they arn’t something you would want to try and sell.

She sold them by size and made me almost a thousand dollars in two hrs. They went like hotcakes. Honestly i was totally shocked. I didn’t have the confidence or trust myself that anything i made at home would be worth anything or valuable to others. You see the difference is she has tons of confidence and could see my work for what it was.

I would never have dreamed of selling my stuff before she came along and more or less had to push me into trusting myself that they would be liked or loved by alot of ppl. The money she asked for those topary trees i thought was outragous. She had to remind me to total the hrs i had put into making them. It was crazy to me at first.
    Anyway in the end she said see i told you yrs ago you were creative with your crafts. You are an artist and i laughed ..Ohh man .. I was as proud as a peacock after that tho.:)
    I still make up some things for her shop and it’s great play money and a hobbie i love . i gained confidence from her push. So i am an artist and i certainly didn’t study for it.:)

That’s what your post made me think of when you were trying to explain to the idiots what an artist is.:)

That’s why i say Brad and Angie both are full of confidence. Not afraid of what others say or think of their work and look at where they are today.

For anybody to make fun of Brads modern furniture they are hateful hens for one thing but also they know they couldn’t afford the nails that go into the furniture. I don’t belive they know what art is either..

They can laugh all they want but would be nice to be relaxing in Brad and Angie’s mansions b/c they own them, flying their airplanes , riding their motorbikes living the good life b/c that’s what B and A are doing.

Angie and Brad don’t say no i can’t do that. They have hobbies that have made them great artists in many ways.
    If we were to listen to the trolls due to their pissed off jealousy they would have us beleive, or try …that ppl say Brad and Angie who??

LOL Oh and are you talking about’ the engagement ring ‘, the one that Brad stold the design from Squiggs? too much LOL

• Wonderbust

Ok did tamshiit get fired from his shiitty IT department job and I missed the memo, who the eff has time for all this,
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 1:11 pm
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 4:17 pm
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 4:42 pm
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 4:43 pm
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 4:58 pm
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 5:23 pm
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 5:33 pm
    you are so damn pressed over Brad Pitt, your ass has been online for 4 hours straight, when do you have time to eat, drink, take a shiit..i have never seen any poster on JJ post so much in four hours about someone they claim to hate, Brad Pitt OWNS you damnn get help for your obsession, its no wonder you are always here posting on Friday and Saturday night, do you have friends besides your duh-listed buddies?, no one I repeat no one posts this much in such a short time span..serious question, who has time to post this much? never seen anything like this before and I frequent various diverse blogs..JP fans we are dealing with a real nutcase i can see why Brad has so much security, and the worse part is tamshiit claims to be a MALE lmao, which male do you know spends four hours straight obsessing over another male? serious question if you told someone that a MALE spent four hours straight obsessing over Brad Pitt what would their reaction be lmao tamshiit your behavior is NOT NORMAL seek help pronto even Whampo and boob prob think your asss is crazy especially when they see how many times your ass has posted in four hours..Waving to all JP Fans :)

• Wonderbust

feel free to add on to the list as the day goes on, i can already see that tamshhit posted AGAIN right before i posted, ok now im really worried about Brad’s security..another male spending FOUR HOURS talking about Brad Pitt a man the male claims to hate, WOW

• tamsin

Oh my stalker and wannabe troll is keeping track of my posts instead of showing some support for their idols. How embarrassing.

• carry

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha wonderbust.hahahahahahahhahahaha @tramp is losing it. panic room hahahahahha so cute so relaxing too.

• well

Obviously Tamsin is mentally ill.

• megatit

@tamsin:
    Lol, you’re right, I forget “archtecturin’”. Funny thing about this is how many people think he’s a joke, except for these dimwitted loons who think everything he does is a gift from God. Maybe they think he’s Jesus? He has the hair,lol. I see the twelve year old know it all is back, countin’ and tallyin’. Whenever someone posts more than three times the tallying begins because God forbid we have some criticism up in here. Hey what’s more pathetic, too many comments or going through each of them, tallying them, making notes of what you said/making shitt up and following you to different sites? I’d say the latter sounds pretty damn desperate. Stalking fool.

• Wonderbust

stalker? says the person who has posted FOUR HOURS straight and counting about Brad Pitt, you are the definition of stalker, i have NEVER ever posted about any celebrity for FOUR HOURS straight and its not even a weekend its the beginning of the work week, what a loser

• Julie

Haha i have exactly the same Fox biker jersey. Go Brad!

• plez

@well: Without question. I guess it is good she is on the internet because I pity the normal human beings that would have to deal with her if she did not have a outlet.
    Wonderbust – LOL. The life of a troll. Who can have hateful thoughts all day long but someone who is totally off their rocker.

• Wonderbust

oh boob, you ever heard of copy and paste, ever heard of the search function that list took me less than five minutes, oh you mad because the list shows how obsessed your friend is? FOUR HOURS and counting, not normal on ANY blog.

• reeven

AND NOW DESIGNER =D
    THIS MAN IS ABSOLUTELY ALL GIRL, WOMAN, GUY ETC DREAM
    HE IS AMAIZING!!!!

• tamsin

stalker

Someone who:
    1. Literally follows a person’s every move, on Facebook or otherwise.
    2. Is way too obsessed with someone to the point of being a creeper.

• Wonderbust

oh look tamshhit looked up the definition of himself, someone who posts about another person for FOUR HOURS(actually five now) straight is a STALKER to the highest degree, get help for your obsession, lets not forget that your ass even talks about PT and cesar on duh-listed so you bring your obsession to other sites. serious question tamshiit do you think its NORMAL for a male to be posting hours upon hours on a Monday about Brad Pitt even though the male clams to hate him?

• tamsin

@megatit:

LOL Mega, yes the loons have nothing better to do with their time. They know this “furniturin” discussion is not going anywhere because they can’t commit to an intelligent conversation, nor do they have the skills to.

And LOL at the stalking 12 year old loony. She even goes into full CAPS-LOON mode like adult loons do. She’s obviously fascinated by me, even when for the most part I’ve only been talking to you and Whamo, perhaps she resents me for ignoring her? Loony should focus in her studies, she doesn’t really want to follow Heroina or Pitty’s path too closely and become a drop out. Heaven knows that two C-list druggies and part-time actors are not role models at all. :D

• carry

tramp has no shame he is in in his 6 hr. He is mental. They get this nuts and nasty to pay them to post whole day becasue they have no outside life and They expect regular people to consider them a voice. Shitt F u and f off jps you freaks.

• kl

watch for Brad to buy a small warehouse to store this crap when it doesn’t sell

• megatit

Intermittent posting is not four hours straight, stalking fool. You must be on the same herbs as Pitty. I’m also on various sites throughout the day, but I realize your McJob limits your internet time to your smoke breaks . Say, while you’re here (you have five minutes left) why not head on ever to dlisted where you stalk us regularly and fetch my comment from Braddy’s designin’ post? Or see if you can find tamsin. You’ll have a tough time finding Whamo, though.

• Donald Trump

I admire a guy who sells his name .

• Media Wh@re MANiston

@Wonderbust:

This A hole would rather be here than anywhere else. This pathetic idiot is obsess with Angie & Brad way too much to stay away. Tampon is like a leech. I’ve never seen anyone who’s more obsess than the fans.

• tish

@Jaye:

I hear you jaye.

I have seen homes where you can tell they like modern furniture but you also can tell it was purchased as a three room deal. They probably paid less than 2 grand for living rm, dining rm and bedroom sets. So you know the qaulity is crap= mass produced..

At least you know what your style is called . We have been buying pieces from auctions for yrs so i am at a loss as to the actual style now. I will say we have a number of oriental pieces from one auction where a doctor went bankrupt. It’s stuff you would never see in anybody elses home but have no clue where it was boughten. Just know the money he paid for it would have been costly but buying the way we did was a steal.
    I love interior decorating and will wait a longgg time before i will buy something to just make do..

Like you tho modern would never be suitable for me b/c i like a homey warm look .
    I agree you have to be very careful if you like modern b/c if you don’t know what you are doing you could end up with a stark black and white look. (box) That is a far cry from warm and cozy.:)

Brad has an eye for modern as we have seen some of his pieces thru the yrs. I love that iron settee that Angie is sprawled on in that pic that was in one of the mags. That piece probably cost an arm and a leg but they can afford it.

I can easily see how Brad could get into designing modern furniture.
    He’s got great taste and nobody is going to tell him any different when he chooses a piece he loves. That includes an ole ex witch who Brad being a gentelman told a journalist that she was matronly in her furniture style.. lol i wouldn’t doubt that’s why she wanted the pic of her home in the mag of his choice trying to show him how bright she had become and apparently he laughed at it….what a winner.:)

• Wonderbust

oh boob this is intermittent commenting lmao this is in a small span of about about 30minutes,

tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 1:11 pm
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 1:14 pm
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 1:19 pm
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 1:21 pm
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 1:23 pm
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 1:28 pm
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 1:35 pm
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 1:41 pm
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 1:45 pm
    um i dont know of ANY job that allows one to post for so many hours on a Monday which is why I know tamshiit was probably fired. while many JP fans including myself were at wok tamshiit was online obsessing over Brad Pitt, what a life

• huh

The news about Brad’s furniture line is everywhere. Everything Brad does becomes international news.

• Wonderbust

anyways I’m off to enjoy my evening, fans feel free to add on to the list as tamshhit posts the night away and her sidekick tries to justify crazy lmao

• Media Wh@re MANiston

@well:

Tampon is not mentally ill. There’s no word to describe this is psycho. How can someone hates this family so much but park it’s @ hole here 24/7. Go figure. The funny part is that this @hole calls us loon. We are fans. We can obsess all we want. The psycho is not. We are not the loon. This moron is the real loon.

• tamsin

@megatit:

Ahahaha that would be too much to ask of a one-track mind loon, Mega. As you can see, she hasn’t been able to stay on topic or to comment on Pitty’s magnum opus. She’s almost like an unicellular life form. Perhaps she was assigned with the task of following me everywhere. She’s doing her job, let’s hope Hamburglar rewards her with some stale Cheetos at when she sees her at the McD’s drivethru.

These loons are incredible. We got them wrong Mega. They’re so misunderstood! So to keep track of what somebody else’s posts is not stalking. Making posts about somebody else’s posts isn’t either. Staying off-topic and continue to talk about a specific poster? That’s not it either. Claiming to be a fan of somebody yet becoming obsessed with the lives of the detractors of said celebrities? Not stalking at all. Replying to someone even when those comments are not addressed at them? Nah, not stalking.

For all they talk about what’s “normal”, it’s just hilarious that they pick monikers based on a celebrities they claim to hate. :D

• dawne

Ticky gets up every morning at the crack of ten, sliding off her silk sheets and slips into the bathroom for a quick dumbwater colonic, then squints in the mirror without makeup or her tinted contacts and suddenly whips back her viened hand and angrily slaps herself across the face hissing, “You stupid bish, how in hell did you let that man go after you managed to snare him?” Geeeeezus, what was I thinking?

Next thing you know he and that bish of his and their million kids will be discovering a new galaxy………shiit, I can’t get a goddamn lead in a film and they are taking over the effin’ planet with their brilliance……at e v e r y t h i n g.

Justin, get the hell up and make some phone calls or write something,……we are suckin’ tailpipe and I won’t have it!!!!

• Passing Through

# 176 Wonderbust @ 11/05/2012 at 5:41 pm
    Wonderbust -
    Those are just the “Tamsin” posts. What about all the other names she used during that 4 hour period? Anybody with that much free time on their hands ain’t employeed, let alone working in an IT dept.