Brad Pitt: Furniture Designer for Pollaro!

Brad Pitt: Furniture Designer for Pollaro!

Brad Pitt has a new gig – furniture designer!

The 48-year-old actor has teamed up with designer Frank Pollaro for a new line of furniture – Pitt-Pollaro.

“I’ve been doodling ideas for buildings and furniture since the early 1990s, when I first discovered [Charles Rennie] Mackintosh and Frank Lloyd Wright,” Brad told Architectural Digest. “Actually, I found Wright in college, when looking for a lazy two-point credit to get out of French. It forever changed my life.”

The pair decided to work together after Frank visited Brad‘s home to install a commissioned piece and saw his sketchbook.

“I asked him, ‘Why don’t we make some of this stuff real?’” Frank said. “Brad said he thought that could be fun.”

The Pitt-Pollaro line will be unveiled at an event in New York that takes place November 13 through 15. If you can’t make it, make sure to check out pitt-pollaro.com on November 11 for the website launch!

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Brad Pitt’s venture into furniture?

Bigger picture inside…

brad pitt furniture designer for pollaro

Getty
  • Adam Goldberg expecting baby with girlfriend Roxanne Daner- US Weekly
  • Chris Brown and Karrueche Tran flipped their relationship back to on- TMZ
  • The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies set to win post-Christmas box office- Gossip Cop
  • R5 celebrates the holidays with hockey and snow- Just Jared Jr
  • 40 most shocking moments of television in 2014- Entertainment Weekly
  • Hollywood's most influential costume designer vies for another Oscar nod- Huffington Post
  • The Entourage movie is just around the corner- Lainey Gossip
  • Could Nightcrawler be the Crash of this season?- The Hollywood Reporter

352 Responses to “Brad Pitt: Furniture Designer for Pollaro!”

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1015 » Show All

1. 151
    Passing Through Says:

Damn, Jared, when you posted this new thread did you also use the dog whistle to alert the trolls? I’m barely through 3 pages and 45 of the comments are from trolls. I didn’t even know MegaShite and Tampon were allowed out of their coffins during daylight hours. Just our luck…biitches are daywalkers…

2. 152
    krissy Says:

Simply amazing

3. 153
    nepenthes Says:

I don’t like at all this artsy type of furniture, I’m more of a “traditional” kind, plus they probably cost a fortune!
    I just wanted to say Brad looks a million times better with darker hair (granted this photograph is recent- I don’t really know).

4. 154
    Truth Says:

@Passing Through: Definitely my favorite comment re: his furniture. Sure to piss off passing through…even though she knows it’s truth.
    jinni says:
    November 4, 2012 at 8:59 am
    Between the Chanel commercial and this article, I really feel like he and Goop were soulmates. They should have never broken up. Can you image what a force of pretentious intellect they would’ve been? It would make James Franco weep.
    poppy says:
    November 4, 2012 at 11:25 am
    lol
    the world wasn’t big enough to hold those combined egos.

Pittstains new nickname is Mr. Goop

5. 155
    Rose Says:

Some people believe these furniture will be massed produce. These are limited pieces, as PT said, it’s art. Therefore, trolls don’t need to worry about someone asking them to buy it. The chair alone is over $4o,ooo. So, relax trolls these pieces will not be in your basement.

6. 156
    a lurker Says:

PT, Angie said Brad already made furniture when they were in Venice.

7. 157
    tamsin Says:

@Whamo:

Wham, loons always deflect our criticism on the Brand by attacking Aniston because they’ve somehow deluded themselves into thinking that we are emotionally invested in her life, the way they are. They don’t understand that our dislike for them and their idols is independent from how we feel about Aniston, Clooney or any other celebrity that loons deem rivals to the druggie and his ho.

8. 158
    tamsin Says:

@Truth:

I agree. The only way Pitty has become famous has been by association. It was always through the women he dated at the time or the much bigger movie stars he was lucky enough to share credits with.

His box office record is not consistent when it comes to actual hits, so to call him A list is absolutely questionable (except in loons’ heads) and loosely applied. A-list name recognition? Yes, but as a solid, consistent hit maker, not at all. Regardless, Troy remains the biggest hit of his career and that was during the Aniston years. :D

9. 159
    megatit Says:

@tamsin:
    Lol Tam, don’t you know Grotoundbeef is the authority on EVERYTHING? Charity working, art and design, lawyerin’, defamationin’, pot hidin’. She’s the oracle of loons. LMAO at Banksy. That should say it all for this pseudo intellectual wannabe, no? I see Baboonia got tired of watching from the sidelines and just HAD to say something. Her loons were expecting a statement. And here’s Rosey Poo just in time with her trolls in pain! Trolls going cray cray! You I think she’s one of Passing Poop’s programs. Too predictable.

10. 160
    wooah Says:

When you are Brad Pitt, every door is open to you. He probably can sell all his furniture in a second just because he is Brad Pitt.

11. 161
    megatit Says:

That’s groundbeef…although rotund beef has a ring to it…

12. 162
    wooah Says:

He is definitely a modern art lover. I think I like his design thou.

13. 163
    tamsin Says:

@Whamo:

An unclean, long, greenish-looking ingrown toenail. Ugh. I feel so bad for Toilet Tisha now… she has to clip them off Passing Poop’s toes.

14. 164
    holy moly Says:

I bet that 20 K gold side table will cost at least $1 million.

15. 165
    carry Says:

I am proud of him as a fan. He is involving in things he is passinate about it. All the products looks good only in jealous and competiion minds they are not. But Brad like I said many many times, All your effort will be in vain if you are full 100% in every aspect of your life and breath it. Fear destructs so is signing up to play useless games with others or let them to take it from you.

16. 166
    queen jolie Says:

what happened?i visited the last thread and saw there is a new thread.when i clicked page one , most of the posts are thumbed down, i jumped to last page and its the same.im just glad i could not see them.the trolls are still losing it.lol.im so sad with what happen in new york.hope all the fans living there are okay.my prayers for the people there.

17. 167
    carry Says:

If you are not I meant it **** I want jared to have a perview also his site to remember the comments like if you forget to type you email wrong etc Or if you make any kind of mistake so you don’t have to re type . Jared only your side is backward.lolo

18. 168
    carry Says:

trolls are paniking it is the funnies. Simmy, tramp and etc are losing thier equlibrum over this hahahahahahahaha nice relaxing after a kind of stressed day.

19. 169
    tamsin Says:

Whamo @ 11/05/2012 at 4:17 pm

===================================================
    Over 6 Feet!!!! ??? LMFAO good luck, not that I care what height he is and height is hardly what makes him look like a Dbag at times BUT there is NO WAY he’s over 6 feet and I would say in REAL life he’s 5,10 TOPS! Over 6″ BAWAHAAAAAAAAA.

Hey and guess what, pigs do in-fact fly, there is a pot of gold under every rainbow and Brad actually LOVES Heroina!!!!
    Loolooolololololololo
    ————————-

Whamo, loons need to take off those beer googles for good.

Old Pitty is 5’9 / 5’10 at best, which happens to be the same as Theroux height.

There’s plenty of pics that show both of them standing next to Aniston and Orlando Bloom and you can easily tell they’re in the same height range. I posted links to these pics some time ago but loons were too chickenshiitt to admit that I’m right.

Also, there’s been numerous occasions in which Pitty has been photographed wearing lifts / heels, which is not any different from what Theroux or Cruise have done.

There is nothing wrong with their stature and Pitty seems normal to me at that height, so I fail to see why loons continue to gloat about Pitty’s misreported height. The same goes for Heroina, who is not 5’7/ 5’8 at all.

20. 170
    fyi Says:

Private Exhibition

Pollaro will unveil an unprecedented collection of over
    50 pieces of new furniture and lighting
    November 13-15, 2012
    Chelsea
    Manhattan
    RSVP is required to attend the exhibition.
    To register, click here.
    For more information, please email: info@pollaro.com.

21. 171
    tamsin Says:

@megatit:

OMG yes… the Oracle of loons! LOL, how did I not see that? NAN the profet, Groundbeef the Oracle. She’s like their very own version of Wikipedia, written in loonish.

Groudbeef just can’t stop making one stupid post after another. She didn’t know that people needed “degrees” to be called artists, she says. LOL, we already knew her standards aren’t too high, didn’t we? She considers Pitty one of them arteests! Oh you and you forgot to mention that she’s also authority in architecturin’. :)

22. 172
    Passing Through Says:

I don’t know if this story was posted here or not…but…here’s another reason NOT to vote for Romney…the assssshole tried to make Angie look bad by quoting ridic tabloid stories about Angie being mad at Jane Pitt. Just when I thought that dipshite couldn’t stoop any lower. Now he’s gone from waffling to cottail riding Brad and Angie. He’d better be careful or Ticky is going to sue him for copyright infringement -
    Romney Backers Feature Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie ‘Family Feud’ in Campaign Mag
    11:43 AM PDT 10/27/2012 by Tina Daunt
    The super PAC-produced publication called MittZine, with 4.5 million copies distributed, also dishes on how the White House allegedly snubbed Oprah Winfrey’s offer to help the first lady with her healthy kids initiative.
    Mitt Romney’s backers may once have derided President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign for its frequent reliance on celebrities, but now that push has come to shove, the GOP candidates’ allies have decided to play the Hollywood card.
    Romney Sells ‘Friday Night Lights’-Inspired Bracelets Despite TV Creator’s Angry Protests
    This weekend, readers of newspapers across the contested swing states will find a glossy, 12-page color magazine insert called MittZine, and it uses a good dose of celebrity dish to persuade voters to cast their ballot for Romney. In tried and true tabloid fashion, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are on the cover with a headline reading “Political Family Feud.” Inside are details from “gossip mags” about how Pitt’s mother had upset Jolie by writing an anti-Obama letter to her local Midwestern newspaper. The actresses’ father, Academy Award-winning actor Jon Voight—a longtime conservative stalwart—came to Mrs. Pitt’s defense.
    “Gossip mags say Angie complained to Brad about his mother’s outspoken conservatism,” according to the story in MittZine. “Voight has defended Mrs. Pitt’s right to speak her mind, and attacked the media for unduly criticizing a ‘very honorable and intelligent’ Mitt Romney.”

23. 173
    tish Says:

@groundcontrol:

GC,

How true about who should be called an artist . Like you say you don’t have to be schooled either .

Hel’l i made these dried rose topary trees just for fun as like to make crafts and was shocked when my g/f asked if i would make up a half dozen or so and she would take them to a craft show that was being held at our local university. I laughed and said i will make them for you but they arn’t something you would want to try and sell.

She sold them by size and made me almost a thousand dollars in two hrs. They went like hotcakes. Honestly i was totally shocked. I didn’t have the confidence or trust myself that anything i made at home would be worth anything or valuable to others. You see the difference is she has tons of confidence and could see my work for what it was.

I would never have dreamed of selling my stuff before she came along and more or less had to push me into trusting myself that they would be liked or loved by alot of ppl. The money she asked for those topary trees i thought was outragous. She had to remind me to total the hrs i had put into making them. It was crazy to me at first.
    Anyway in the end she said see i told you yrs ago you were creative with your crafts. You are an artist and i laughed ..Ohh man .. I was as proud as a peacock after that tho.:)
    I still make up some things for her shop and it’s great play money and a hobbie i love . i gained confidence from her push. So i am an artist and i certainly didn’t study for it.:)

That’s what your post made me think of when you were trying to explain to the idiots what an artist is.:)

That’s why i say Brad and Angie both are full of confidence. Not afraid of what others say or think of their work and look at where they are today.

For anybody to make fun of Brads modern furniture they are hateful hens for one thing but also they know they couldn’t afford the nails that go into the furniture. I don’t belive they know what art is either..

They can laugh all they want but would be nice to be relaxing in Brad and Angie’s mansions b/c they own them, flying their airplanes , riding their motorbikes living the good life b/c that’s what B and A are doing.

Angie and Brad don’t say no i can’t do that. They have hobbies that have made them great artists in many ways.
    If we were to listen to the trolls due to their pissed off jealousy they would have us beleive, or try …that ppl say Brad and Angie who??

LOL Oh and are you talking about’ the engagement ring ‘, the one that Brad stold the design from Squiggs? too much LOL

24. 174
    Wonderbust Says:

Ok did tamshiit get fired from his shiitty IT department job and I missed the memo, who the eff has time for all this,
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 1:11 pm
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 4:17 pm
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 4:42 pm
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 4:43 pm
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 4:58 pm
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 5:23 pm
    tamsin @ 11/05/2012 at 5:33 pm
    you are so damn pressed over Brad Pitt, your ass has been online for 4 hours straight, when do you have time to eat, drink, take a shiit..i have never seen any poster on JJ post so much in four hours about someone they claim to hate, Brad Pitt OWNS you damnn get help for your obsession, its no wonder you are always here posting on Friday and Saturday night, do you have friends besides your duh-listed buddies?, no one I repeat no one posts this much in such a short time span..serious question, who has time to post this much? never seen anything like this before and I frequent various diverse blogs..JP fans we are dealing with a real nutcase i can see why Brad has so much security, and the worse part is tamshiit claims to be a MALE lmao, which male do you know spends four hours straight obsessing over another male? serious question if you told someone that a MALE spent four hours straight obsessing over Brad Pitt what would their reaction be lmao tamshiit your behavior is NOT NORMAL seek help pronto even Whampo and boob prob think your asss is crazy especially when they see how many times your ass has posted in four hours..Waving to all JP Fans :)

25. 175
    Wonderbust Says:

feel free to add on to the list as the day goes on, i can already see that tamshhit posted AGAIN right before i posted, ok now im really worried about Brad’s security..another male spending FOUR HOURS talking about Brad Pitt a man the male claims to hate, WOW

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1015 » Show All