Taylor Swift Covers 'Harper's Bazaar' December/January Issue!

Taylor Swift Covers 'Harper's Bazaar' December/January Issue!

Taylor Swift takes the cover of Harper’s Bazaar‘s December 2012/January 2013 issue, on newsstands November 27.

Here is what the 22-year-old singer had to share with the mag:

On wearing dresses: “I’m in a predicament where I can’t wear a dress twice or else it’s pointed out in magazines. So unfortunately I have to shop for dresses all the time. There’s just something so feminine about a dress. Whether it’s a summertime dress that makes me feel carefree, an evening cocktail dress that makes me feel fancy or a vintage dress that makes me feel like a ’50s housewife — which I enjoy feeling like, for some reason — I just really like dresses.”

On dating: “It needs to be equal. If I feel too much like I’m wearing the pants, I start to feel uncomfortable and then we break up. [Relationships are] the ultimate collaboration, [but sometimes] it’s wonderful to hand over the reins to your boyfriend when you control so much of these big, high-pressure decisions, you know? That is a huge defining factor in who you choose to be with.”

On relationships as a source of inspiration for her music: “Some combinations of people are toxic, you know? You have to find the right one that isn’t just going to explode into fiery ash and destruction. Despite all of that and how unpleasant it is, as a writer you get a lot from it. It’s a crazy justification system. You know that guy you really wish you could erase from your memory? But then the answer is track six, eight, 12, and 13.”

On being friends with celebrities including Emma Stone and Selena Gomez: “We never talk about fashion, about career, about our ambitions or our projects. We just talk about relationships, feelings, love, and boys.”

For more from Taylor, visit HarpersBazaar.com!

taylor swift covers harpers bazaar 01
taylor swift covers harpers bazaar 02
taylor swift covers harpers bazaar 03

• August Alsina has woken up from his three-day coma - TMZ
  • Justin Bieber has the new iPhone 6- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Pia Mia's new song "Fill Me In"- Just Jared Jr
  • Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury did a duet together- Huffington Post
  • Watch a new trailer for A Most Violent Year- Lainey Gossip
  • David Ayer could be the director for Suicide Squad?- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Mayra Suarez shows off her amazing bikini body - Hollywood Tuna

Taylor their has to be more to your life than boys for the love of God please talk about something else…anything!!

Miss Goody-Goody once again unsuccesfully trying to look sexy and/or modern. Stick to granny pants, tay-Tay.

Oh lord, when is she going to go away? Most over-exposed talentless singer EVER!

Testicles Are Fun @ 11/12/2012 at 4:16 pm

In 15 years, when She is in her 30s, she will most likely still be singing about boys and high school.

Hey, Taylor, what else ya got, girl?

so beautiful..:)

thighmegatampon @ 11/12/2012 at 4:20 pm

These magazines have got to think about other things to ask her on interviews. They all sound like the same interview!

those pictures are really really good and she looks very pretty but she should keep her mouth closed

She’s so over-exposed! She’s EVERYWHERE

Please – just a break from her for a little while.

Even if she is pretty, sometimes too much is just too much.

“I’m in a predicament where I can’t wear a dress twice or else it’s pointed out in magazines” –> you call that a predicament?! Get over yourself!

Why would you even care what magazines say? Society had become dangerously materialistic, especially with younger generations, and comments like hers don’t help matters, especially with influential teenage girls. A shame…

Omg what is wrong with her lol
I thought she was semi-smart?
1. What does she care what peeps think anyways and
2. Kate Middleton and Michelle Obama wear outfits over again all.the.time and they are praised, not criticized.
But why am I surprised? Can’t even compare those women to Taylor.
They’re in a league of their own.

lol sounds like you got it rough, Taylor…no bad no one cares anymore.

Honestly – she talks too much.

She may look pretty but when she opens that mouth and says that stupid childish stuff, it makes her seem like such a lame human being.

Every time she opens her mouth she becomes more annoying — so vapid and fake and immature, when will she go away?
Honestly, she’s 22 and she’s still whining about high school and boys? Get over it. That was okay for her first albums maybe, but every one is exactly the same.
And could she be any more obnoxious? oh, how unfair that she has to “shop for dresses all the time”. My god. And also the fact that the only thing she takes about with her “celebrity friends” is relationships is honestly so pathetic. God forbid she ever talk about something of actual importance. Ugh go away.

She’s very gangly and awkward looking.

I agree with people saying there should be more to life than just boys and her singing about boys. Then again, in every interview she is asked the same boring questions, such as where are you drawing your musical inspiration from? What else is she supposed to do than answering them? Most journalists these day are lazy and lack creativity. If I was to interview her, I would ask something completely out of her comfort zone to see what she is really made of. Maybe this way she could proof to all the doubters that there is more to her than just boys breaking up with her.

i thought who is this new model then when i read the name hahaha.. well Taylor i think you should join fashion modelling than singing!

What a wasteful person. Why don’t you donate your “once used” clothes to Hurricane Sandy victims who would appreciate them and would get more use out of them than you would. What a spoilt brat.

In recent interviews, I’ve gotten the impression that Taylor must be one of those clingy, overbearing girlfriends. I’m sure that’s why her relationships never work.

Swift can never seem to close her mouth or keep her eyes open. That overbite makes her look like Dracula. What a freak. Can’t sing. Can’t act. Looks like an idiot when she tries to dance. She has very little talent. The only reason she got a record deal was because she’s blonde. There’s thousands of girls who have way more talent that this twit.

Harper Bazaar or not, she will always be a country girl who came from a farm. I looked up “white trash” in the urban dictionary & it described Taylor Swift to a T: “A white trash person revels in being stupid, is proud of it in fact. A white trash person is never ever wrong and never ever to blame. A white trash person is always the victim and never the perpetrator. A truly white trash person does not even know they are white trash. If you think you are white trash, you are probably not, for that means you have lowliness of mind, a white trash person actually has an monomaniacal Ego. They often will try to imitate others that they feel are intellectual or artistic and emulate what they think are socially desirable traits, however their work will have little soul or substance. “

Grow the fu*k up taylor, it’s about time….

@Rachael: EXACTLY! And she’ s full of crap because in another interview she stated she goes to Selena for career advice.

Dave Franco @ 11/12/2012 at 5:33 pm

Anyone sick of her? It’s always the same celebs on this page. JJ must be getting paid.

agent_355 @ 11/12/2012 at 5:47 pm

Taylor, I admire you not taking your clothes off or resorting to autotune to further your singing career, but your priorities make you an unfit role model for young girls. It isn’t surprising you enjoy dressing like a 1950s housewife for some self-professed elusive reason. Perhaps it’s because you think romance and Hallmark card moments are the only things that make the world go round. Unfortunately, my dear, that isn’t the case – and I think as you grow up and start reading the news you’ll find this truth a reality.

people seem to associate her with being down to earth, but actually she seems quite snobbish. she’s not the girl who wears t-shirts, sits in the bleachers etc like her song claims. she’s the stereotypical brainless, boy crazy, petty mean girl cheer captain. hypocritical imo. what she views as girl power (ragging on her exes) just comes off as childish, obsessive and immature. it’s a total turn off.

hawehaveitnow @ 11/12/2012 at 6:00 pm

she needs to disapear for a while. Too much now. This album is not as good as the last. Dont buy her thing with having so many boyfriends. They date for a month and she writes a song.

I am really sick of hearing about what this dumb broad says or thinks. To be such a dimwit on top of making crappy music is just too much to tolerate.

i’m so tired of hearing about her. and i hate that stupid persona thing she has going on, where she acts like this regular, down-to-earth girl who’s life is so hard because she keeps getting dumped. when in reality she’s a snobby little rich girl who acts like a child desperate for attention. no wonder she can’t keep a relationship because she gets so obsessed with them and claims to be in love with them after a month of dating – she seems like a smothering brat to me.

One of the most annoying thing about her to me is the fact that people call her a ” role model “…she is anything but. All she shows to girls who listen to her music is that nothings more important than having a boyfriend, getting married or whatever, and it’s so rude to me that she makes money of off writing stupid and mean things about people just because they didn’t want to be with her. i cant even consider her a “songwriter ” because everything she writes is crap..

VanityandFamearesinful @ 11/12/2012 at 8:07 pm

Overexposed!!!

ex nihilo @ 11/12/2012 at 9:06 pm

maybe make like kate moss and wear the same exact outfit on the return flight that you wore on the way out – and don’t give 2 sh-ts about what anyone has to say. maybe then you can start having a stylistic point of view, once you stop caring sooo much about others’ judgment on you. till then, keep buying dresses and envying others’ style.

Her first statement completely contradicts what she recently said on GMA, which was along the lines of not following what is said or published about her in the media, so she has no clue what’s being said about her. But, she does know about how many times a magazine points out she is wearing the same dress? Makes no sense. And seriously, how ridiculous is that statement anyways? Will it really damage your reputation if you are seen wearing the same dress twice? Gasp! I’m sure it can’t be worse than, say, dating just about every male celebrity within a 2 year span? Hmm….

Photoshopped to death. Her skin is not that smooth. And it seems like she’s forever 22.

My lyrics are so fake, they sound like a mistake
You may think that I’m totally spoiled
I strum on my six string all covered in bling-bling
When I sing out of tune it makes people recoil

Wasting my words again in Cinderellaville
I write em down without, a meaning at all
Some people say that I sould go away
And I know that would make my day