Psy: 'Gangnam Style' with MC Hammer at AMAs 2012!

Psy: 'Gangnam Style' with MC Hammer at AMAs 2012!

Psy hits the stage at the 2012 American Music Awards held at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on Sunday (November 18) in Los Angeles.

The South Korean Internet sensation closed the show with a performance of his viral hit “Gangnam Style,” and was joined on stage by surprise guest MC Hammer!

“How lucky I am!! Gonna be the Closing of #AMAs!! #HammerTime,” Psy tweeted before taking the stage.

Earlier in the night, Psy hit the red carpet and even took time to sign autographs for fans before heading inside to enjoy the show.

psy mc hammer performance 01
psy mc hammer performance 11
psy mc hammer performance 12
psy mc hammer performance 13
psy mc hammer performance 14
psy mc hammer performance 15

Getty

We already saw this in 1993.

This song is annoying, but I did like Hammer (he really doesn’t get enough props for his performing because he can perform his butt off).

MC Hammer still got the moves!!! :D

@um: and I’m glad we had it again tonight, at least in the early 90′s the music world was packed (M. & J.Jackson, W. Houston, Boyz II Men,Tupac, Dre, Snoop, Notorious, TLC, Nirvana, Jeff Buckley…) opposite of the crap we have now!

Hammer Time!! @ 11/19/2012 at 12:45 am

I caught this performance while waiting for the news and i am glad I did. I never heard the song before because I don’t listen to the crap they call music today. It was nice to see Hammer.

Hammer’s too legit, too legit to quit!! Stop Hammer Time!

@jkbnl: yep, let’s say that 50 yrs old MC Hammer could teach 1 or 2 (not to say a zillion) things to every AMA “so called” winner of tonight!

Best performance of the night!

Love MC Hammer…..hate the other guy and the song. One hit wonder!

@um:
And I would love to see it in 2012 if it meant bringing back the talent and performing.
MC Hammer damn near 50 was there outperforming and out entertaining people half his age and that is damn shame.

burning wax @ 11/19/2012 at 2:09 am

these awards shows are a joke it’s a pop poop fest where no one even writes, sings or stays with the same band for more than 30 days… a total narcissistic circle jerk of no talent phonies ….

thighmegatampon @ 11/19/2012 at 2:31 am

This was so random I couldn’t help but LOL watching it. Eric Stonestreet’s expression when Hammer came out was priceless.

TurnThatMuthaOut! @ 11/19/2012 at 2:51 am

Wife – AMAs are on
Me – meh
Wife – Psy is doing his gay cowboy dance again
Me – I might come watch, but probably not
Wife – Hey. MC Hammer is on
Me – Really? Walks into other room
Mc Hammer – Rockin his sox off
Me – OK we gotta rewind this!

Those were some badass moves! Hammer and PSY killed it!

BEST PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT @ 11/19/2012 at 3:15 am

This was the best performance of the whole night!!!!
The Happiest, Most Fun and Best Performance!
this is how the whole show should have been!

Pink’s was the first artistic performance i have to say, but i didn’t like the violent imagery. artistically though it was good.

-STILL
THE BEST FUNNEST MOST JOYFUL PERFORMANCE WAS THE PSY/HAMMER ONE

BEST PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT @ 11/19/2012 at 3:17 am

PSY IS A GREAT SHOWMAN!

AntonioFigo @ 11/19/2012 at 4:22 am

Love my job, since I’ve been bringing in $5600… I sit at home, music playing while I work in front of my new iMac that I got now that I’m making it online(Click on menu Home)

most fun i had watching ama’s in a long time, loved them both!

Oh Yeah!!! @ 11/19/2012 at 5:43 am

I loved this! PSY deserves to get a BillBoard #1 with this Song!
That performance was Fantastic and EVERYONE was having a Great Tie, Such Energy!!!

the song is funny but it’s quite amazing for Psy he was unknown a few months ago and now he sang at the Eiffel tower and the AMA and even with Madonna.

Dave Franco @ 11/19/2012 at 9:58 am

Minaj, Keesha, Bieber, Swiftie, Psy… all about commercial success, not about talent. It’s a travesty!

it was a very good performance next to Pink!!

was that elisha cuthbert getting down to the song? xD