Charlize Theron: Shaved Head in South Africa!

Charlize Theron: Shaved Head in South Africa!

Charlize Theron shows off her shaved head while eating a meal at Cafe Caprice on Friday (November 16) in Cape Town, South Africa.

The 37-year-old actress was joined by her mother Gerda at the trendy Camps Bay pavement eatery.

Charlize is currently in Cape Town to film the final scenes of her film Mad Max: Fury Road, which she shaved her head for earlier this year.

It was recently announced that Charlize will narrate the documentary Angels In Exile about street kids in her native South Africa, according to Deadline.

charlize theron shaved head in south africa 01
charlize theron shaved head in south africa 02
charlize theron shaved head in south africa 03
charlize theron shaved head in south africa 04

Credit: Esa Alexander / Sunday Times / Gallo Images; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Charlize Theron

AKM-GSI
  • Lisa Vanderpump is selling her restaurant - TMZ
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Chasing Life- Just Jared Jr
  • Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

Great actress, but nice to know she is normal like us and has bad skin days.

Eeek being in the desert has really messed up her skin. I guess Tom Hardy’s beard saved his face.

i’m gonna miss her long blonde hair… :(

razor rash @ 11/19/2012 at 10:59 am

did she shave her beard too?

@razor rash: LOL! Your comment just killed me.

I’m really looking forward to Mad Max. I thought she was great in Snow White and the Huntsman and Prometheus this year. She makes a great villain.

What happened to her skin???? It looks bad.

Her face really looks bad. What happened to that beautiful Charlze?!

I love her. We all look a little rough without makeup sometimes. Kinda nice to know even Charlize has bad days…

What an amazing beautiful actress, that what i call a real devoted actress! such an inspiration both acting skills and wondeful humanitarian work, keep up the good work Charlize!

People just don’t realize how tough it is to be hot all the time ; /

What the hell happened to her face? That doesn’t look normal to me.

Brave actress who took alot of risks, respect! I love her more now.

My aunt (40) had laser treatment for lite age spots and this is what ther face looked like a couple of days after . It takes almost 2 weeks to fade completely.

So much respect for her, shaving the hair off is such a huge drastic decision. And the fact she wanted to go there is cool. And i dont think her skin is that bad, click on zoom, its just bad shade!

@Hashim 100% Albania: yes the skinhead with a black baby, my word you’re stupid. Luckily she’s not as ignorant as you are

Big Up Charlize!

She is real, i don’t think many hollywood starlets will do that, they rather put a fake wig, good for you Charlize i will watch this movie.

Black-Dahlia @ 11/19/2012 at 11:29 am

She ain’t no particular beauty.

So refreshing to see such an authentic natural beauty, that change us from the rest of the superficial fake hollywood actresses.

John Mayer @ 11/19/2012 at 11:36 am

It looks as though Charlize has recently had either a chemical peel or laser resurfacing.

Yeah what’s up with her skin, and I actually thought she was a natural blonde…guess I was fooled

NOOOOOOOO :((((((

get over yourselfs @ 11/19/2012 at 11:50 am

Oh please i don’t see the big deal here , it’s rather a bad shade or a sun exposure it’s not even clear, but i guess some ppl love making up dramas psss

Plain as Day @ 11/19/2012 at 12:04 pm

CO2 laser resurfacing- See the individual round heat burns/blemishes?

OMG, she has a major skin problem.. I hope she gets better!

@coco: you are the one who seems to have a problem here, why are keeping posting 3, 4 times do you have some problem? look at you lol pathetic. I hope you get better.

Her hair cut only , make a big news wow , makes ppl talking abou it that show her star power.

Her skin is majorly broken out in cysts. She had perfect skin before. What’s going on? It looks painful.

Not cute without hair

I think Charlize is a great great GREAT actress and really beautiful. Stress can make things like this happen. After all we all are humans (I guess)

Short brown hair…whatever…just feel like Huging Charlize;))

Even with a shaved head & bad skin she still looks gorgeous. No fair.

@lily:
I’ve no idea of what you’re talking about, I posted it just once..
I’m just noticing the main thing in the picture..

TWPUMPKIN @ 11/19/2012 at 3:23 pm

YUK! What happened to her face?

I really like marshmellows with my hot chocolate. anyone else?

Can’t be the shading, there are various shots of her bad skin in different positions, see the original source of this story, you will see she just plainly has very bad skin under all the hollywood makeup. Makes you wonder! The other girls in the photo seem to have better skin in all photos. Amazing what a bit of special effects can do.

Did she just get a really BAD sunburn on her face??…what happened?!

She definitely had a bad laser treatment done on her face….

not bad skin it’s a fake tan, that’s what it looks like when its rubbing off or you start to sweat

I guess she’s not a natural blonde!

Ugonna Wosu @ 11/19/2012 at 10:32 pm

Charlize has either a sunburn or a some bug bites. Its disappointing, but I know she’s beautiful either way so I won’t make a big deal out of it.

Ugonna Wosu @ 11/19/2012 at 10:33 pm

@mary: it is recent, she did not look like this before without makeup.

Everyone making crude remarks about her skin are just mean. She has hyper pigmentation…she’s talked about it in interviews before. Because I’m sure you’re all so perfect…..

Purple Poet @ 11/19/2012 at 11:26 pm

Looks like her skin is breaking out, probably from months of being out in the sun wearing all that makeup for her character in Mad Max. I know people want to be mean when a beauty is caught not looking perfect. It just shows she’s human. See ladies, even Charlize Theron gets breakouts on her skin.

eeew, a ugly man with pock marks. Next.

I didn’t know she had such a thick neck.

Did she just get a chemical peel or something?

She’s still beautiful

ITS JUST HER FAKE-TANNER COMING OFF
ugh ppl are stupid

Even like this she is still a goddess!!!

people are so stupid
SHE TRIED TO PUT A FIRE OUT ON HER FACE WITH AN ICEPICK
so obvious

You look great Charlize… Bad skin and all.

It could be an allergic reaction to something! I still love her and I still think she’s beautiful!

I wonder if she went out to eat just after getting off set? If that’s the case, maybe her face is made up like this for a role-they can make blemishes that look most realistic. Seeing her hair is shaved, maybe she’s being made to look deliberately unattractive for a part-bad skin to go along with the bad hair. Perhaps she’s playing an inmate or criminal-type part again…remember the part she played in ‘Monster’???!!!

Christina @ 11/20/2012 at 1:33 pm

So she is a natural brunette?

@Coco: Jesus relax, shes like everyone else.

I think whats she got in her face and neck is something called Melasma. It is also called mask of pregnancy. Im not saying she is pregnant. it can also be triggered by to much sun. And we know CT has had her fair share of that these past months. And I have read somewhere, she has had these kind of problem before.

For you who are interested, I post a link.

And no, im not a doctor.

WICKED WENCH @ 11/20/2012 at 6:40 pm

Well let’s face it: she’s not this raving beauty they make her out to be. On the other hand, she’s a fantastic actress, so who TF cares what she looks like? At this point people should be paying attention to her talent, not her looks…(looks should only be considered when there’s no talent escorting it.)

Hair or no hair still beautiful effortlessly chic !

Who ever thought Charlize was actually pretty ugly without tons of makeup, lights, and airbrush?

WhatATool @ 11/20/2012 at 9:31 pm

Shaving her hair was no big deal most of it was extentions, she has very thin blonde hair

Zeroh Tollrance @ 11/21/2012 at 3:26 am

That isn’t acne, or from a peel. It’s called miasma, and it often happens to women in their 30s and 40s due to hormones. It can also be darkened or made worse with too much sun exposure. Lasering usually removes much of the pigment, but it’s super common. Total normal.

Ugonna Wosu @ 11/21/2012 at 11:29 pm

@Monster: she isn’t ugly even now.

Ugonna Wosu @ 11/21/2012 at 11:31 pm

@WICKED WENCH: she is still beautiful, with or without hair and with or without makeup. Bad skin doesn’t erase those facial features.