Gerard Butler: 'Despierta America' Appearance!

Gerard Butler: 'Despierta America' Appearance!

Gerard Butler suits up as he makes an appearance on Despierta America at Univision Studios on Tuesday morning (November 27) in Miami, Fla.

The 43-year-old actor, who was interviewed by host Karla Martinez, promoted his new film Playing For Keeps and talked about how he wished he was Latin.

“I wish I was Latin because everyone is from a different country, but there such a great camaraderie between everybody,” Gerard expressed. “All the women (Latinas) are unbelievably beautiful, and the guys are so fun. It’s a really nice atmosphere.”

Also pictured: Gerard arriving at LAX Airport after his flight from Miami later that evening in Los Angeles.

gerard butler despierta america appearance 01

• Check out a new poster for Jane the Virgin- Just Jared Jr
  • Read some of Helen Mirren's most inspirational quotes- Huffington Post
  • How much is Katie Holmes' new home in Calabasas?- Lainey Gossip
  • Kristin Cavallari shows off her body in a very tight dress- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 » Show All
Strings of Lights @ 11/28/2012 at 11:41 am

I think he understands that his mom was just trying to protect him. After all she had to raise 3 kids by herself and his dad had no part of it and no contact for years. Her choice otherwise would have been to try and explain to a young child over and over why his father didn’t want to have anything to do with them. Then at 16 his father decides to walk back in his life. From what it sounded like in the interview G had an understanding of what took place.

Totally Useless Information @ 11/28/2012 at 11:46 am

That is not true. Margaret never told GB his father was dead. He asked if she thought he’d ever see his dad again and she said she didn’t think so since his dad pretty much didn’t show his face for years. But she never made up lies about is father being dead. You must have misunderstood.

@Sunshine Daydream:

No one should excuse his behavoir. But be grateful he had 6 yrs?!!! Oh yeah that takes the sting out! From what I read and saw in interviews, his dad told him out of the blue. Oh yeah by the way I’m going to die shortly. I have met countless men like him and having an absentee parent is not the only issue that has brought them to where they are in life. There are so many things left unsaid by GB and his clan that effected him. You can bet the farm on that.

@Strings of Lights: no excuse for lying though, I’m sorry to disagree because I know what you mean about all the good she has done & he surely loves & respects his mother BUT that is one enormous lie told BY a woman close to his heart. Bound to have had a huge impact if not consciously then subconsciously. IMO.

Except the WHITE LATINAS HATE AND DISREPECT THE BLACK AND BROWN LATINOS AND STILL TREAT THEM AS SLAVES. THE WHITE LATINAS KEPT MOST OF THE BLACK AND BROWN HISPANICS IN CHAINS FOR OVER 500 YEARS AND THE VERY TV STATION HE IS BEING INTERVIEWED ON WILL NOT HIRE A DARK BROWN OR BLACK LATINO.
READ FIVE CENTURIES OF THE PILLAGE OF A CONTINENT, BY GALEANO TO LEARN THE TRUTH!
ONLY THE WHITE LATINO PEOPLE MAKE IT BIG IN HOLLYWOOD PLAYING A LATIN ROLE.

Sunshine Daydream @ 11/28/2012 at 11:58 am

@Totally Useless Information: Thank you for setting that straight!

The Special One @ 11/28/2012 at 11:58 am

Ok. So I don’t know about the stupid racist “white latino” comments that i’m going to ignore. Eva Longoria is by no means “white latino” and she made it in Hollywood. You ignorant vARRUECHE. In the other hand classy latin people do not watch “Telemundo”. Those shows “Despierta América” and “Al Rojo vivo” are so trashy. I mean, really. And he is so desperate that he is totally flirting with that woman Maria Celeste Arrarás. He looks so needy. I feel pitty because after all I think Gerry is a good guy who is too immature. My father left me when I was young and i’m not a ridiculous person. And i’m way younger than Gerry. Way younger.

Strings of Lights @ 11/28/2012 at 12:02 pm

@Sunshine Daydream:

I understand where you are coming from.I to have had a struggling life, but my faith has kept me happy. I have learned that I have a choice. I can choose to dwell on the woes in my life or I can choose to dwell on the blessings.
None of us know what truly makes G the way he is and why he lives his life like he does. We have all tried to summarize him here and there are never any easy answers. But I think some have been right about what makes him tick. I think the big contention here is the way he treats women. We may never know. Everyone has demons that we all have to deal with.

Sunshine Daydream @ 11/28/2012 at 12:03 pm

@Realist: Yes, he should be grateful for the 6 years, IMO. He didn’t run the other way, but rather embraced the opportunity to spend that time with him. Probably getting what he could from his dad while he was offering. What you have written can be appplied to every other person on the planet, IMO. But different perceptions makes the spice of life, right, Realist?!

Another Opinion @ 11/28/2012 at 12:05 pm

He has said in interviews that he didn’t know whether his father was dead or alive because his family didn’t have news from his father for years. No one lied to him about his father being dead. He has had his issues growing up, but he is not an exception. Many people have traumatic events in their childhood and live without a parent, so this no excuse for the choices he has made. He is definitely not a kid anymore and is accountable for his actions. If he believes that he is on a destructive path because of unresolved emotional issues, it’s his responsibility as an adult to seek professional help.

Saveyourpity @ 11/28/2012 at 12:07 pm

@Sunshine Daydream: I never got that chance, either. IMO, just judging by my own reaction to abandonment, I think he’s leaving people before they leave him. I’ve always felt everyone will leave, and it’s always in the back of your mind.

Sunshine Daydream @ 11/28/2012 at 12:09 pm

@Strings of Lights: you are right – everyone has demons that we all have to deal with. The ones who will defeat the majority of their demons are the ones who actually DEAL with them, as you put it. IMO, Mr. Butler does not appear to take the healthy steps to deal with those issues. But we will never know. All we have to go by are repeated behaviours in so many circumstances which indicate otherwise. Just my perception.

@Another Opinion: Thanks for clearing that up.

Strings of Lights @ 11/28/2012 at 12:11 pm

@Totally Useless Information:

I truly heard that interview a few years ago like on JL or in a mag. Maybe he just says things. I remember it because it had an impact on me. Maybe he said something else in a different interview. Sorry we heard different.

Strings of Lights @ 11/28/2012 at 12:34 pm

Thanks for posting that interview. Another time he did say that they thought his dad was dead. Maybe he should have put it that they assumed he was dead.
Interesting how he said he went after negative attention. He still does that today.

Sunshine Daydream @ 11/28/2012 at 12:39 pm

@Saveyourpity: Yes, it is always there. Learning to trust people is the most difficult part of abandonment to conquer, IMO. Many never do. I am lucky that my dad pushed me into analysis and surrounded me with good people after my mum left when I was 6. I have never heard from her since and that was over 20 years ago. The distrust creeps in now and then, but overall I am a very content 28 yo because I have dealt with it. Best of luck to you.

whatshedonenow @ 11/28/2012 at 12:48 pm

@strings of lights

@ repost from another thread

I totally disagree. I have no sympathy for him in regards to his absent dad. From what I hear he had a loving,  supportive mother and step father.  Maybe too loving and supportive, because he’s now showing his true colours, that of a self indulged, egotistical, selfish, immature,  misogynistic brat. As I’ve said before, many have lost their parent/parents at an early age and they’re aren’t as whiney and spoilt as him.

whatshedonenow @ 11/28/2012 at 1:00 pm

From what I have read his father wasn’t that great an influence on him anyway.  Correct me if I am wrong but wasn’t he the one who may have been a strong influence on Butler’s less than salubrious view of women.

Untamable Shrew @ 11/28/2012 at 1:50 pm

Maybe we’re no better than him.The only reason we keep having pity on him-his great looks and charm.If he was average or ugly,nobody would give a damn.I know some will say “oh we care about him”.Bullsquat.It’s all lust for him.I don’t think what happen to him when he was younger bothers him at all.Are you kidding me?Money fame parties.He’s having the time of his life.He’s just knows what line to use to hook us.Keep us guessing-will he change.No he won’t change.He almost died and that didn’t even mend his ways.

Untamable Shrew @ 11/28/2012 at 2:04 pm

It’s funny how spitting and popping on here when he’s dating Mag or his grumpy looks.Jumping from here to there.As soon as he smiles for the camera a few times, doesn’t see Mag for a long time….all is forgiven.He is just too good at playing people.Handsome devil he is.

@whatshedonenow:

Many women/parents tend to overcompensate for the sins of the other parent, whether they are in the home or not. It’s not intentional. In GB’s case his siblings actually knew their father so he was already odd man out. He is the third child, also the youngest so as far as family dynamics are supposed to go, his mother’s grip wasn’t as tight so it isn’t going to be expected that he’s the most responsible one.

@belinda: my my my. What a piece of work he is. Did you watch the vids? Did you see the one he picked to marry. She met his type in every way. He’s like a middle-school boy let loose in the girl’s locker room every single day

I don’t think he meant MG.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 » Show All