Angelina Jolie Talks Plans to Quit Acting in New Video Interview

Angelina Jolie Talks Plans to Quit Acting in New Video Interview

Angelina Jolie has opened up about her future plans to stop her career as an actress during an interview with Britain’s Channel 4 News.

“I have enjoyed being an actress. I am so grateful to the job and I have had great experiences and I have even be able to tell stories and be a part of stories that mattered and I have done things for fun, but…” the 37-year-old actress said.

“I will do some films and I am so fortunate to have the job, it’s a really lucky profession to be a part of and I enjoy it,” Angelina continued. “But if it went away tomorrow I would be very happy to be home with the children. I wake up in the morning as a mum and I turn on the news like everybody else and I see what’s happening and I want to be part of the world in a positive way.”

Check out what else Angelina had to say during the twenty minute interview, including her views on her work as a humanitarian, the Syrian conflict, and more.

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 718 » Show All
viv and knox @ 12/03/2012 at 10:36 pm

Home? All the time?
Please act mummy, Please

She’s my role model. <3

Please, yes, may it be soon. But we all know her ego won’t allow her to quit. She needs and craves the attention and accolades.

Refreshing to see a celebrity care about helping people around the world. If only more celebrities thought like that instead of thinking about their money, careers, and image. Good luck to her in the future.

hey loose lipz she does not have ego. the person who has real big ego is jennifer aniston who has not accomplish nothing with her life.

She is so intelligent and caring and selfless with no huge ego. Just a kind soul who cares about others. She and Brad are great models for young celebs today and tomorrow.

watches corporate propaganda
who’d a thunk

Most of her movies were awful really.

luvangie4ever @ 12/03/2012 at 10:54 pm

Such a beautiful and gracious woman. Though I will miss her greatly, I understand and respect her desire to quit acting. What she does for the world and her family is undoubtedly more rewarding.
I truly hope she doesn’t stop entirely… maybe a movie once in a while?
*puppy dog eyes* pretty please?

PR actress? Lol! A stupid hater lives in their own dream land. Angelina is a mega movie star with an Oscar. She is more than famous all over the world.People here in europe we just love and admire her. she is an amazing human being! So beautiful inside and outside( and so sexy :)
Whatever she will decide I will support and love her always. And we know she will able to come back acting whenever she feels cos she has a talent.

African Girl @ 12/03/2012 at 10:55 pm

Whew! I thought she was calling it quits like right now…Lol!
Although when (if) she does quit, it would be for a very very worthy and admirable cause. . .it. is gonna be weird not to see her on big screen. They don’t make em like AJ anymore.

Who gives a crap if she quits acting. She’s been in enough films for 10 actresses. She’s pretty over-used.

I love her. Keep up the good work Angie!!

PERFUM/MOVIE SUPPORT BRAD! @ 12/03/2012 at 11:04 pm

SOME OF U NEED TO QUIT YAPPING AND GO OUT AND SEE THE
MOVIE BUY PERFUM SUPPORT BRAD. DON’T SAT BACK WAIT FOR
ME AN SOME FANS TO GO IT ALL.

If she does retire someday,it will be to spend even more time with her family and helping others; but I hope she will eventually come out of retirement to act or become a great director.

PERFUM/MOVIE SUPPORT BRAD! @ 12/03/2012 at 11:07 pm

Loons ange getting old around the mouth……she talk way mush…

I love her! Angelina and Brad are really one of the only few celebrities nowadays that I like. They put others first, and are not always for themselves. Angelina represents everything I stand for. She gives millions, helps people in need and adopts children. May I say she is also glowing in this interview ! She looks like a beautiful statue just sitting there. =)

Nanny Layoffs? @ 12/03/2012 at 11:08 pm

no chance

Next? Full time UN Ho @ 12/03/2012 at 11:09 pm

yes, she is corrupt

Anglina Jolie knows her days as somebody important in movies is long over. She already is some sort of fringe Greta Garbo. The one that once WAS. Angelina is irrelevant. Diva. And too much of a personal myth for anyone to be able to see her as playing believable parts in big movies ever again. Yeah, she got a lot of kids, she should have stayed home taking care of them the last few years already, nobody sees her movies anymore anyway. She is just a weirdo with many kids and dangerous habits and serious pretenses of ”pain”. As if… spoiled brat thinks she is connected to real world starving people kind of pain, pfft.

She never ages!

groundcontrol @ 12/03/2012 at 11:33 pm

Naturally he media are twisting her words to create a headline. LOL!
She doesn’t say she is quitting acting. She’s slowed down considerably since she became a mother back in 2002. It’s a natural progression. I’d like to see her direct more. She clearly has a talent for it.
Both Angie and Brad’s lives show how well they were raised when it come down to it. To be about others. That what Angie’s UN work is all about and that’s one of the reason Brad is loyal to his friends and true to his word.
I loved Dave Poland’s take on Killing Them Softly – which he really liked. For the most part the film sites and their posters have a lot of appreciation for the film.
This video of Angie and Minister Hogue is enlightening and encouraging . So gratifying for the Minister to acknowledge the awareness created by Angie’s In The Land of Blood and Honey as the motivating force behind this new proactive mission to deal with the cause, prevention and aftermath of rape as a weapon of war. I know Angie has said what a great experience making the film was but to see it usher in such an important effort must be powerfuly fulfilling for her.

ashby- You’re right. I, too, sometimes think that the world doesn’t deserve such kind and talented artists like Angie & Brad. One of the writers analyzing the KTS BO* said, “that’s why we can’t have nice things.”

*BTW, try to find another movie that makes half it’s budget back in one weekend and it’s whole budget overseas and is still termed a failure- yeah, double standard for the JPs.

groundcontrol @ 12/03/2012 at 11:36 pm

@Da Truth:
#######################
Flagged for removal defamatory statement.

why….title….why….it’s ridiculous and malicious