Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Angelina Jolie Talks Plans to Quit Acting in New Video Interview

Angelina Jolie Talks Plans to Quit Acting in New Video Interview

Angelina Jolie has opened up about her future plans to stop her career as an actress during an interview with Britain’s Channel 4 News.

“I have enjoyed being an actress. I am so grateful to the job and I have had great experiences and I have even be able to tell stories and be a part of stories that mattered and I have done things for fun, but…” the 37-year-old actress said.

“I will do some films and I am so fortunate to have the job, it’s a really lucky profession to be a part of and I enjoy it,” Angelina continued. “But if it went away tomorrow I would be very happy to be home with the children. I wake up in the morning as a mum and I turn on the news like everybody else and I see what’s happening and I want to be part of the world in a positive way.”

Check out what else Angelina had to say during the twenty minute interview, including her views on her work as a humanitarian, the Syrian conflict, and more.

John Parra/Getty

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 718 » Show All

Maybe Angie should refuse to answer questions that she’s answered before to avoid being stupidly called fame ho by ignorent people; Brad should also pretend to not hear questions asked about his wedding, so those same people won’t claim he’s “talking about it to sell a movie”. #dumb people are dumb.

Sorry Jared, HEADLINE FAIL — what she says in no way matches the title of this blurb. If she’s saying anything, “if it went away tomorrow,” she’s speaking of the uncertainty of life, and acting – and saying how she would STILL be happy, because she has a life. That is the OPPOSITE, of her announcing “plans,” — how about you stop playing to the search engine optimization, sensationalizing and lying…you’re getting worse than tabloids that say one thing on the cover, and it’s not represented in the story they run. How about you respect the fans of BOTH of these two incredible people, and stop putting words in their mouth.

sorry *ignorant* I meant.

By the way, I meant to mention this — this interview clip actually came on my local news, and everyone was talking in my house stopped to look at Angelina…to say she is stunning in that clip is an understatement….she has on ZIP makeup, flawless skin…just perfection, I almost didn’t hear what she said – but once again, they get it wrong. Like Rpatz recently said, it doesn’t matter what you tell them, they make up their own headlines and characterize it the way they want.

@XYZ: The planet would be a worse place to be without Angelina; can’t say the same about you.

@kathleen mariquit:

+64
I think that it is a shame that the title for this post is about how Angelina Jolie plans on quitting acting. The video is so much more than that. It’s about her dedication and the UN’s dedication to helping other people. I believe Angelina Jolie is a beautiful person because of this dedication.

I agree Kathleen. Personally for me — it’s gotten to the point where this is just sabatoge. It’s deliberate. Look how there’s NO MENTION made about WHY Angelina is giving this interview. We all know, Angelina, unlike some no talent tv hacks, doesn’t just DO interviews for no fcking reason. I’m sure the interview has something to do with an ongoing event (humanitarian and UN related — possibly related to war and rape what she recently met with other diplomats about) — IF that’s the case, for these media outlets to run that same tired mischaracterization of her words (which sound more like an aside, a reply she gave to a question pertaining to ‘acting,’) — and they’re making that a focal point of their reporting, then this is the worst example of journalistic malfeasance yet. It’s one thing for a silly celeb site like Jareds, to sensationalize and lie to get hits, only tacking on Angelina’s philanthropy and humantarian activism as an after thought at the very end – mentioning that ‘she also talked about it.’
They almost seem to want to falsely imply that Angelina gave the interview to discuss her ‘plans to quit acting.’ Which is absolutely ludicrous.
I think it’s despicable.

It’s also a socially despicable thing to do. Angelina, as well as Brad, makes her living acting, which in turn enables her to give her time, money, sweat and tears to those less fortunate and those causes she really cares about, but these silly blogs, and media outlets — are deliberately misconstruing her words to lie to the public. For what? Hits? Are they in bed with PR agencies who are mad she doesn’t have one – so this is just more retribution to show her she can’t go rogue?? Or is it certain PR hacks that now own this site that gets lamer every day.
Whatever it is, it’s effed up. Jared should be ashamed – but I doubt he’s around any longer — whoever reps Jared Butler, and Vanessa Hudgens has bought this site, what other explanation could there be for the thrice daily updates of Bloatler’s bowel movements?? No one gives a fck.
The media is a lying cesspool.

Jared, still do these things ?
Several years ago, I witnessed he was planting negative comment when JP thread was quiet.
Probably it was for the sake of traffic.
Business savvy Jared.

Misleading title,JJ @ 12/04/2012 at 4:57 am

That isn’t what she said, and isn’t what this interview was about.

audrey f. @ 12/04/2012 at 5:01 am

I adore her!!!

@CLINIQUA: Good morning CLINIQUA, this twisting of the truth re Brad and Angelina is not only done by the tabloids. The regular tv is also getting viewers by just mentioning BAs name. They know whenever viewers hear the name Brad and Angelina they will stop to take a look. Do you remembered when Brad was promoting Money Ball and that Parade interview came out, M Lawer on NBC wanted to continue the bad press by repeating the negative press that was causing all the Jenhens to rear their ugly heads. Brad had to be firm with ML several times saying, please don’t read it, I don’t want to hear.

Yesterday a fan posted that she was watching Today, and the first thing at the top of the regular news Morales brought up was Brad’s movie bummed . Now, tell me, is this regular top of the news info. No. This is just another way of NBC to give it to Brad for not promoting his movie on their network. The whole news business has become very slimy. I do
believe several of the news people are trying to bring Brad and Angie down. But they are not succeeding because they have dirty hands.

Look at Laura Spencer, GMA, she is definitely a Jen hen, most of The View women are Jen hens and they don’t care that they take sides in a eight year separation that was none of their business.

God bless her soul and her work! She is such an inspiration to me.

@Heather:

honey go to hell and take the other losers with you. Before doing Maleficent Angie has not worked in over a year.. almost 2 to be exact. I get that you are a total ignorant ass*, but don’t make it so obvious.

Another thing I believe Brad and Angie are living the Hollywood life. They are home taking care of their family. During Brad’s promotion for KTS last Monday one of the person interviewing Brad said Brad should ask GC about turning 50, Brad replies, what can he teach me, how to save my liver? We live different lives. Believe me, lots of people are jealous of Brad and Angie and how they live their lives, not kissing A$$ and just doing their own thing. Also, Angie has been slowing down for years, she will do a movie here and there once in a while but her family is her top priority. And as the kids become teenagers whe will do less and less Hollywood but not quitting, that’s what I get from her interview. Another thing, Angie is looking great, just beautiful and rested.

@Rose:#90, Should be BA are NOT living the HW life, they are home taking care of their family….

Hi fans, please forgive my not wishing all the fans a great day. Susan, Phool, CLINIQUA, woman Spanish, Tish, FYI 12, busted B&A, Lylian, Shi, Lauren and any fans lurking enjoy your day.

@Rose:
OMG Rose, so agree — in fact, I mentioned that ish Natalie Morales yesterday, because I just happened to catch her dig at Brad – it was vindictive, no question about it. I am never watching Today AGAIN, period.

woman spanish @ 12/04/2012 at 5:31 am

@Rose:
HI Rose, I totally agree with you, so I like that Brad and Angie live your life focusing on the important things without caring what others think.
By the way, Angelina is beautiful in this interview and your skin is wonderful

audrey f. @ 12/04/2012 at 5:33 am

Both Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie will have lasting legacies both in Hollywood and beyond.

@CLINIQUA: You are right CLINIQUA there is some reason for this vindictive behavior towards both BA. Did you noticed GMA did not use Lara S to interview Brad? Elizabeth Vargas did a wonderful interview and you could tell Brad liked her.

@woman spanish: Good morning woman Spanish, good to see you are here today. Yes, Angie looks so beautiful in that video. I believe Brad wrapped up WWZ so they will be on the move soon. I hope we get some new pictures soon.

woman spanish @ 12/04/2012 at 5:55 am

@Rose:

Hopefully, I love children JP, especially Z, but I have really wanted to see Maddox, in these months without being photographed sure has grown a lot, it’s almost a teenager!

@woman spanish: WS, you are right, we have not seen MADD for several months. I’m sure he is growing into a very handsome, and smart young man. BA will soon have a teenager on their hands :-),

diference @ 12/04/2012 at 6:36 am

there is a HUGE difference beteen AJ at 25 and AJ at her 37…now he is much smarter,much mature…she was a junkie and now she is a Woman and a great human being..The changes are unbelievable.she must be proud of herself

I really hope she doesn’t give it up all together. Maybe she can just make movies she really cares about. Like A Mighty Heart and Changeling… those were powerful movies that showed her talent.

Cliniqua it is so true what you say. I am tired of how Jared covers the JP family. It seems all the tabs want is negative stories. So instead of Angie and brads good work the headline is misquoted excerpt. I am thinking about taking Nj off my list of sites.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 718 » Show All