Angelina Jolie Talks Plans to Quit Acting in New Video Interview

Angelina Jolie Talks Plans to Quit Acting in New Video Interview

Angelina Jolie has opened up about her future plans to stop her career as an actress during an interview with Britain’s Channel 4 News.

“I have enjoyed being an actress. I am so grateful to the job and I have had great experiences and I have even be able to tell stories and be a part of stories that mattered and I have done things for fun, but…” the 37-year-old actress said.

“I will do some films and I am so fortunate to have the job, it’s a really lucky profession to be a part of and I enjoy it,” Angelina continued. “But if it went away tomorrow I would be very happy to be home with the children. I wake up in the morning as a mum and I turn on the news like everybody else and I see what’s happening and I want to be part of the world in a positive way.”

Check out what else Angelina had to say during the twenty minute interview, including her views on her work as a humanitarian, the Syrian conflict, and more.

• August Alsina has woken up from his three-day coma - TMZ
  • Justin Bieber has the new iPhone 6- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Pia Mia's new song "Fill Me In"- Just Jared Jr
  • Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury did a duet together- Huffington Post
  • Watch a new trailer for A Most Violent Year- Lainey Gossip
  • David Ayer could be the director for Suicide Squad?- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Mayra Suarez shows off her amazing bikini body - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 13 4 5 [6] 7 8 918 » Show All
an opinion @ 12/04/2012 at 12:32 pm

@huh: OT Swift acts like she is 15 rather than 22. It’s weird.

Good Morning fyi12

How are you my dear? I was so pleasantly surprised when you posted Brads GMA pic for me “regarding Angie Watch gift for Brad “ thank you got a glimpse I appreciated it that you did that for me such a lovely gesture considering the time you took to post it for me thank you so much fyi12.
On another note thank you for making the Bipolar troll Cray Cray Crazy the name is in the Cray you get my meaning don’t you lol…only have to swap the A before the R in Cray you get my drift lol

@ an opinion Tylor is the modren day version of a stalker, shes stalked the kenedys got a house there know next thing you will see her buying a house right next to harrys then we will see which direction he runs and it wont be 1 direction either lol.

Rose @ 12/03/2012 at 7:20 am (from previous thread)

@Busted: Hi Busted wasn’t that a good interview.Why is it they,the media always twist their, B/A words. Also,she has been cutting back for the last 4 years know. I see her doing something very short onec in a while. The trolls can talk about garbage as much as they want.
If SS can still get movie offers after she turns out one bomb after another for 6 years, why are trolls worried about Brad movie not making bank this time. Brad did not promote KTS because of time restraint, he only was out one day, and they still made millions of dollars. Not like SS was out there working her a&& off and only brought in like $200,000 on one of her movie. Can’t even remember the name. So Brad will be just fine, and his fans will be right with him always.
===============

Rose

my dear don’t begrudge Tickys Bombs, may they be the ones she has headlined her self like Management and Switch or the assembled cast movies Wonderbust well you see its part of her furniture so to speak lol. Failure and her go hand in hand.
She likes to promote whatever means it takes cloths on or off but it always fails in actually putting bums on seats at the end of the day. Her own production company cant get any funding for her movies and she herself can’t manage to get any movie green lighted on her own, so Rose don’t begrudge her on her failures my dear lol be happy that’s karma.
On the topic of Angelina’s movies considering the considerable gap from one movie to another where she is concernered, if you take into account the impact her movies
Have are big ones that you don’t realise there ever was a gap of 2 years or so.
When Angie does a movie it accumulates into a blockbusters like Salt &Tourist, when Angie does small independent dramatised movies like Changeling & Mighty Heart and In the Land of blood & honey they are Oscar , SAG and Golden Globe nominated all these movies may be made far and between but still are critically
noteworthy.
Brad came only for what 1 day did his promoting and still managed to get 8 million within a week at the box office despite the limited promotion and the movie was critically lauded by the European & domestic critics this movie will stand the testament of time.
Domestic box office isn’t be all and end all of any movie. No one remembers a rom come even after 1 month people always remember what Brad & Angie did may it be Fight Club over 10 years ago still counted as 1 of the best movies , In the land of Blood & Honey angies very first Directorial début is the inspiration behind the British governments campaign in preventing sexual violence in conflict initiatives. That is a testament what this movie has achieved to become an inspiration of this campaign. god bless you angie.

OT
Congratulations to Prince William & Kate on the arrival of their baby, at least the baby would be beautiful there is no doubt of that.On other note with their baby news they are bound to be on front cover on all magazines so I guess Halle Berry still wouldn’t be able to get any mag cover yet again and so would not be Tickys engagement party/ tree trimming party which curiously happens before Monday’s deadline magazine wise.
So the stalking happened on Sunday oh what a coincidence so near Brads movie opening and all her C list palls were there with her trimming her bush i mean tree .by the way where was her mouth piece her dog BFF Chelsea isnt she good enough for tucky any more ?

So I guess if they are lucky both will make the side bars at least.

In regards to Brads last thread:

First the movie is another great movie from Brad & Andrew its way ahead of its time, what has happened is Harvey has managed to spend less on promotion and saved it for his other pet projects. Am not going to dwell on the negativity and idiocy, as I see the resident trolls have done it.
Fans are right to query why we haven’t seen any promos for KTS before it was released. There is no doubt there would be award nominations for KTS there are several award worthy performances in this gritty movie. Any way from a $15 million budged movie which has basically recuperated more or less from foreign markets still there are major countries where its still awaiting to be released yet, domestic market isn’t the only market that should be considered. Come back to me in ten years time when any one even remembers what twilight or expendables were.
People who gave the cinema score apparently have some IQ missing I guess the movie subject regarding politics was too much too challenging for the two brain cells. I guess the rest of the world’s critics and cinema goers understood apart from this little group of people.
Ironic isn’t it for the past 8 years regardless where Brads movies end up in the box office listings they still manage to get Oscar nominated boys not doing badly in my opinion. Still churning out critically exclaimed movies that would be remembered in 10-20 years time.
Thanks Brad for taking these risks and producing masterpieces like Jesse James, Fight Club and KTS god willing there will be many more to come cannot wait for your next master piece The Twelve Years of a Slave which will be another feather in your cap Brad you keep defying the norm time e& time again.
Listen note to the name changing Bi-polar trolls no need to answer me back you have already done my head in by posting same articles time & time again talking about cinema scores & a budgets that weren’t spent in the first place, at least you gave Brads Threads on other sites more Hits for brad same like your doing here at angies as well so its nice to see that they are Killing You Trolls Softly lol.

Oh Brad & Angelina as much as I love you guys and there you two are, blissfully unaware the chaos that you two cause around you , with what you say and what you don’t say lol but one thing is clear you do bring out the crazy in trolls lol. Which I know it can’t be prevented lol.

Jaye @ 12/02/12 at 05:04 pm from brads previous thread)

Jaye

my dear Good morning another great post from your self I agree the greater success for brad is the quality of the movie and its endurance as far as the public consciousness and yes 10-20 years from know people would be talking about his movies, his projects. These moves are so out of the box that’s what captures the public’s imagination. Is it really that difficult to understand?
The box office fluff as you called rightly so, no one remembers them, what after 6 months a year they are forgotten. Movies that mentally challenge you are the ones people remember, movies that touch the core with their daring subjects, that no on would have thought of putting on big screen are the ones that are the most thought provoking & remembered.
I remember watching a documentary about Orson Wells how segregated in Hollywood he was made with every project he did, it was a personal challenge to him may it be professionally or financially
Big fights with the studio heads audiences were fed the propagandas. Know after 20-30 years his movies have all weathered the testament of time classics one after another there is no denying of his god given talent. Sorry to go off the topic a bit but what I am trying to say is that Brad is on the right path there are challenges that he will face, there is no financial aspect that’s driving him to do produce and act in these small projects which he can afford to peruse. And his other worthy endeavours no matter what the outcome his fans will stick by him regardless as we have faith in him.
Sorry Jaye to go on by doing your head in please forgive me l didn’t mean to, it just frustrates me when I see when a genuine talent is not appreciated.

OT
Just saw Django trailer is it me or do Jamie Fox look cross eyed in some scenes. Sorry JF fans. not a good trailer. bloated leo reminds me of keneth brangh in wild wild west movie the one with will smith..

Also the Jack Reacher trailer some one get Tom Cruise a ladder dame never seen one man look so small no matter which angle you shoot him from which many seems to be from under ground

OT
For the love of god Tyson in your whole boxing life wasn’t there any thing else exciting happen than
A glimpse of Brad Pitt, how much name drop can one guy do damn him

I see Kim Kartarshin is still trying to defuse the Middle East conflict with East with one Milk Shake shop at a time funny thing is she can’t answer simple questions like what do you like about Dubai or Kuwait. She goes you have lovely hotels here its so nice then froze. I guess difficult questions are a challenge for some one so pretty and low on IQ lol.

@Phool: Hi Phool, how are you lady, hope you are doing great. Good to see you today. Talking about trimming bush.. Do you remember Gerard B said he trimmed her bush when she took the group to Mexico, I believed for the Birthday party? So funny you mentioned the bush part.

Yes, whats going on with Taylor S. Is she ok? Does seen like she is going through some kind unhealthy behavior for sch a talented young woman.

@Phool:#137, You mentioned Jamie foxx, did you see that video TMZ had shown of JF about six months ago. That was one of the funniest videos I’ve seen. First, JF was obviously high as a kite at home. He was in the hallway of his home in his tighty brief bancing to imaginary music. That SH.t was so funny I watched it about a dozen times. The people at the house with him was dying with laughter, he was so out of it he didn’t even acknowledge their prescence, funny, funny stuff. Lol.

@Passing Through:#114, PT, re Tyson. I believes it’s a new interview, trying to sell the book. So if he changed the story around it will be more salacious. So instead of passing each other at RG home now it’s in bed. Poor Brad, everyone wants to make a buck off his name.

Is that you Josephine sitting in your filthy basement thumbing down every fan comments. Too bad it’s only of you and many of us. Anyway take care, the wedding is coming soon, you’ll have plenty of work coming. you are acting as if thumbing down fans comments is your job.

Passing Through @ 12/04/2012 at 1:29 pm

# 123 huh @ 12/04/2012 at 11:56 am
LOL! You took the words right out of my mouth. I was just about to ask that. If she’s slept with every one of these guys – and you know she has – then the next time a troll brings up someone that Angie supposedly slept with 15 years ago I’m going to ask why they’re not over on Swifty’s threads calling HER a ho. She’s, what, 22? I don’t even keep up with the girl and off the top of my head I can recall at least 5 guy’s she’s whined about dumping her – Gaybe Lautner, The Urinator, Gaybe Jakey, one of those Jonas boys and some joker from Glee. Plus we know she just broke up with Conor Kennedy after being seen with his cousin Patrick Schwarzenegger. She better slow down or she’ll be calling Chapstick asking if they make anti-chafing products for the inner thighs…

Passing Through @ 12/04/2012 at 1:33 pm

# 125 Phool @ 12/04/2012 at 12:23 pm
That was kinda my point. When Megan Fox is featured on VF, even in an ensemble, before Ticky…you know her ass has pissed Graydon off. That and the trick literally has NOTHING to say that doesn’t involve her hair, her diet, her exercise routine, name-dropping Brad and whining about the ratzi following her but failing to say that most of the time she dropped a dime on herself…

Passing Through @ 12/04/2012 at 1:54 pm

# 127 an opinion @ 12/04/2012 at 12:29 pm
His one-man show is still going on? Whatever. The story about Tyson catching Brad in bed with RG has been going around for dog years. That’s nothing new – except that now Tyson is changing his version of how he found out RG was seeing other men at the same time he was trying to get her to come back. If anything it’s Tyson either confirming the rumor or playing it up. A few years back the Globe rag had a story on it – as told by Mr. IUC. He tried to play it up like they were in bed together and when Tyson came around Brad jumped out the bedroom window and never saw RG again. WRONG! Brad dated her for months after that so obvs he wasn’t all that scared of Tyson. As far as Tyson coattail-riding Brad…well, that’s the juciest story he’s got that he can tell publicly that won’t send him back to jail: Brad Pitt had Jungle Fever. Yawn.

New thread ? got a bit busy. Angie is gorgie with brains. Sexual violence is a serious matter.

@Passing Through: Hi PT, a few months ago I saw MT telling the story and he did not mention anything about finding them in bed. He said he was going to see RG early one morning and Brad was leaving and when he saw brad his little mike was deflated. I heard him, now he’s changing the story. Anyway, he was using a lot of cocaine at that time so who knows what he remembers from day to day. Also, RG said the affair was just for a few months I’m sure less than six. If I’m not mistaken it was between 2-3 months.

queen jolie @ 12/04/2012 at 2:05 pm

just saw angelina in antenna news. one of credible news program here.they showed this interview, and the headline is angie will quit acting when her children approach teenage years.this is world news, along with kate pregnancy .lol.they first showed kate pregnancy and then angie quitting.angie is so beautiful and so simple.anything angie said make headlines.

queen jolie @ 12/04/2012 at 2:11 pm

for the first time.no miranda thread. thank you very much jared.im sure all the jp fans who visit here know her now.i honestly don’t know who she is until jared post her pictures here everyday.she is just a model, not even an actress but i have to suffer seeing her everyday here.and who is rita ora?lol.jared like to put threads for many unknown.lol

true why not a story of Jared said something about what is she is doing it is important matter instead of highlighting the future could be or would be talk only

So do you really think Brad and Angie go or Brad go to Chanel party they say that would happen today? or it is just anotehr made up story

I sooooo much miss them and miss the family. I thought we even be seeing them when Brad promotion time but it was soo tiny that we didn’t able to see nothing :( I hope they are getting ready for the wedding . It is soon. I feel it.:D

Howdy Fans, I hope all is well with each of you.
=====================
Phool @ 12/04/2012 at 12:48 pm
Hi. How is it going? Sounds like you woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed as my grandma would say lol.
Don’t apologize for being a good fan and speaking your mind. It’s hard to find many who are worthy of the enthusiasm the fans have for BP and AJ.
Pitt is doing what he wants, what he loves, if there isn’t the recognition of his talent that we all think he is worthy of, he’s in good company. There are been a number of actors in the past who have not received the Oscar and these ladies and gentlemen were superb talents. The lack of recognition during award season didn’t change that. Paul Newman was in his mid fifties before he won his only acting Oscar for The Color of Money, despite that fact that he had many Oscar worthy roles before that. I don’t even think he was even there to pick up the award.
Pitt is not a player and you have to appreciate someone who doesn’t kiss a.ss for something that won’t make much difference in the course of his life. He has other, much more important things.

Pages: « 13 4 5 [6] 7 8 918 » Show All