Gerard Butler & Jessica Biel: 'Playing for Keeps' Premiere!

Gerard Butler & Jessica Biel: 'Playing for Keeps' Premiere!

Gerard Butler and Jessica Biel glam up for the premiere of their new flick Playing for Keeps on Wednesday (December 5) at the Lincoln Center Cinema in New York City.

The 43-year-old actor and the 30-year-old actress were joined by their co-stars Uma Thurman and Noah Lomax at the event.

Playing for Keeps, about a former sports star who’s fallen on hard times and starts coaching his son’s soccer team as a way to get his life together, hits theaters this Friday.

Also pictured: Gerard walking around the Big Apple earlier in the day to grab a cup of coffee.

FYI: Gerard is wearing Dolce&Gabbana. Jessica is wearing a Versace dress, Sergio Rossi shoes, and Lorraine Schwartz jewels.

35+ pictures inside of Gerard Butler and Jessica Biel at the premiere…

gerard butler jessica biel playing for keeps premiere 01
gerard butler jessica biel playing for keeps premiere 34
gerard butler jessica biel playing for keeps premiere 35

Credit: Dave Alloca; Photos: Starpix/Just Jared, PacificCoastNewsOnline
Posted to: Gerard Butler, Jessica Biel, Playing For Keeps, Uma Thurman

Christopher Polk/Getty

weird sexy looking dress

didnt they date at one point?

That boy is so cute. Not digging Jessica’s dress – her hair and make up look beautiful and that is a great color on her, but the cut does not fit her properly. Gerry’s suit is way too tight and the fit makes his shoulder look to small and his head look gigantic. He is still cute though.

One more nose job and she will officially have a Michael Jackson nose. Oh, and stop with the lip injections Jessica. You look crazy, girl.

Gerry alwasys cleans up nicely. I think uma loiks good after having a baby.

Okay, I usually like Versace but what is going on with that dress?! It just looks so weird… Glad to see Jessica without those bangs, I think this suits her way better.

Strands of Garland @ 12/05/2012 at 10:16 pm

Watch this video of JB—is MG sticking her face in it on the right?

I like Jessica’s dress and she looks pretty good in it.

I AM GOD TO YOU @ 12/05/2012 at 10:17 pm

I LIKE HER DRESS SHE LOOKS REALLY PRETTY HERE

I guess CZJ wishes she’d never done this movie by the looks of it. As an Oscar winner, I don’t know what she was thinking.

I like the color of the dress, but don’t like the one arm thing, it would have been better with no sleeves at all. not digging her facial expressions,,has the ” I know I beautiful” stupid look she does. glad she’s not wearing bangs but would think her hairstylist would do something with her hair! give it a 4 out of 10

Nyc, fashionista @ 12/05/2012 at 10:22 pm

Awful dress!! Who the eff told Jessica Biel that was cute?!?

@Strands of Garland:
Yeah, I think that’s Madalina.

the dress is a bit odd looking; but in a good way…she looks beautiful and sexy…

@Strands of Garland:

On the right? or did you mean on the left? When they are talking about the dress? No, that’s not her … stop the video at 00:25 min and you can clearly see her profile. The shape of her nose is completely different.

SouthernBelle @ 12/05/2012 at 10:32 pm

@Strands of Garland:

I paused and enlarged the pic. It’s not MG I think an assistant who brought over the article they were talking about.

@Strands: yep, that’s her. She is a trip. I can’t believe she would interrupt JB while she is beng interviewed just to get in the shot. It is one thing if she does that type of thing to her “boyfriend”, but another thing to try and steal the limelight from the leading lady. Funny how they just ignored her.

Strands of Garland @ 12/05/2012 at 10:34 pm

Thanks for clearing that up. lol

@Strands of Garland:
Sorry, no, that is not Madalina in the video.

omg gerry looks so hot tonight no not crazy about jessica’s dress just not cute sexy yes but just not sure its good for a family movie but boy does gerry clean up wow hes such a hunk…..

This is one of the few experimental outfits that Biel has been wearing that I think is okay.

Looks like her to me, but then when people have store bought features it can be hard to tell them apart.

The Original Julie @ 12/05/2012 at 10:42 pm

Gerry, you look marvelous, as usual. Congratulations and I wish you all the best. Take care. :)

Strands of Garland @ 12/05/2012 at 10:43 pm

I think Gerry is very handsome tonight—great suite and his hair is great.

I think it’s fair to say GB is what they call box office poison.

Mean people @ 12/05/2012 at 10:48 pm

Why so sexy haha someone is trying to show what someone gave up!!!

@Strands of Garland:
I think the all black outfit was a good choice. he looks stylish, much better than that suit this morning on GMA. Light blue brings out the grey color in his hair and makes him look older.

LOL!

“Gerard Butler hates movies like the Grinch hates Christmas.”

Strands of Garland @ 12/05/2012 at 10:52 pm

OMG she was there wearing her crusty shirt.

@Strands of Garland:
Is she messing with her hair, again? LOL!

@Eileen:

lol

I hate gerry’s jjgrinches too

i think he likes me and not the grinches
that’s two messages from jj today

how much do i get paid for using my lines?

I think JB looks the best she has in a while………glad she got rid of the bangs. I noticed Bridget Moynahan and Sami Gayle from Blue Bloods in the background of GB’s Access Hollywood interview.

@Wtf?:
its weird jj hasn’t done a ban on the phrase asians can read means
it makes him look complicit and he is asian afterall

@DocP-Jospeh @ 12/05/2012 at 11:06 pm

@DocP:
are you gay or straight?

@DocP=the shut up troll @ 12/05/2012 at 11:07 pm

@DocP:
ARE YOU GAY OR STRAIGHT?
JUST WONDERING

@ASIANS CAN ACTUALLY READ MINDS: Asians. Clearly cannot read minds or they wouldn’t have been nuked etc, would they? They sure didn’t read Pol Pot’s mind or Mao’s mind did they?

So many catty comments on this thread not as bad as the past but the catty ones are still here
jj clean them out
please

still this thread is a mess and its only the second page

Does it really matter now if it is or isn’t her.  His film career is at it’s lowest.  He’s got one last chance with OHF and that doesn’t look too promising. It’s over and out for Butler

SouthernBelle @ 12/05/2012 at 11:15 pm

@Strands of Garland:

They both can’t be MG. The woman in this video is wearing black. The woman in the instagram is in her “crusty shirt” and has bangs. I don’t think it’s MG in either the video or the pic.

food 4 thought @ 12/05/2012 at 11:16 pm

Photo assumption time. Does it look like Uma is staying a foot away from GB in all the photos, and not smiling? Maybe she doesn’t want a Butler finger where the sun doesn’t shine. If it were me, I’d wear metal underpants.

What in the hell does Jessica have on?

@SouthernBelle: definitely her in the instagram

Strands of Garland @ 12/05/2012 at 11:21 pm

@food 4 thought:

He probably tried the grabbing thing during the making of the movie and probably why she is keeping her distance.

@Strands of Garland:
Just my two cents … the woman in the video is definitely not MG, but the woman in the crusty shirt photo does look like Madalina to me.

Strands of Garland @ 12/05/2012 at 11:23 pm

@Liz:

I think so to—thanks for responding girls.

SouthernBelle @ 12/05/2012 at 11:23 pm

@food 4 thought:

Uma looks like she would rather be anywhere but there. Know who the African American lady is? I’m assuming she had a role in the movie. She’s beautiful.

SouthernBelle @ 12/05/2012 at 11:29 pm

@baby:

Considering what’s rattling around in most people’s minds, why would Asians or any group want to read minds? If they can, congrats.

Uma looks likes she doesn’t want to stand too close to him in case she catches something off him – shithespianitis.  Why do I get the feeling most good actors are gonna be like that with him from now on

Totally Useless Information @ 12/05/2012 at 11:33 pm

Liz @ 12/05/2012 at 11:21 pm
@Strands of Garland:
____________

I agree. I see she is still willing to be in the shadows–for now. We’ll see how she does when the movie opens in Rome.

Strands of Garland @ 12/05/2012 at 11:39 pm

Amy is behind him in this video — looks great—she has a beautiful smile.

Strands of Garland @ 12/05/2012 at 11:42 pm

All my links are courtesy of WO—thanks ladies.

@Strands of Garland:
I agree, she looks great! I like her, she seems to be a very hard working woman. She is also behind him in this video, filming with her cell phone.

Thanks strands for the pics and to the gals as well.

Strands of Garland @ 12/05/2012 at 11:57 pm

OK maybe someone can explain something to me——why would MG show up at her BF’s premiere with that awful stringy hair and that terrible shirt she always wears?
Do you think she just stopped by unexpected?

Also in that last video—Gerry looked to his left and said OMG—-do you think he saw JB? Just tossing that one out there.

@ Totally Useless Information

She’ll go into Zoolander mode in Rome.  Italian men are generally quite chauvinistic –  Silvio Berlusconi anyone. So GB will be right at home there, showing off his flashy, trashy model, like a third- hand red ferrari. Actually, I am surprised she hasn’t gone after Berlusconi’s son, Pier. He’s the same age as Butler but looks ten years younger and is one hundred times richer.

ZeroOutOfFourStars @ 12/06/2012 at 12:02 am

Blech… fashion fail all the way around. GB needs a better tailor — the suit is way too tight and the black-on-black is a mess. Uma looks as if she doesn’t want to be there and just grabbed something out of her closet, poor thing. MG hasn’t posted anything to her FB in 21 hours — is that a record for her? I expected coquettish posts about NYC.

Totally Useless Information @ 12/06/2012 at 12:03 am

@Nope
I am mostly curious if he will appear in public with her in Rome. Maybe they have decided that will be the formal introduction of their relationship.

@I know Asians can read minds!!:

Total crap, lies and nonsense. Humans aren’t superheroes and never will be, Asians aren’t better than anyone else. All humans are the same.

@I know Asians can read minds!!:

Total car/ap, lies and nonsense. Humans aren’t superheroes and never will be, Asians aren’t better than anyone else. All humans are the same.

I don’t know about any of this. Not only is the question will he been with her in rome but also will she be on the red carpert for the nobel peace concert.

@Totally Useless Information

Probably. It will be the death knell for his career though.

@SouthernBelle: The woman in the video is wearing a black winter coat, it is bloody freezing tonight – imagine she may have taken it off. Must have been instructed to look non descript. Must be tough.

@food 4 thought: Noticed that too – Uma is like get me out of here. Mind she has been in far worse movies so she really needn’t cop a ‘tude. Anyone able to sit through the movie with the thumb?

If not for Kill Bill, Uma is in danger of being the female version of GB in terms of questionable movie role selections after showing early promise

Jessica looks absolutely stunning!! Loved that she took away the bangs, so beautiful now!!!

Jessica did not stand next to Gerry in any photos. Probably did not want to tick off Justin or Maddy since Gerry spurt she was the one who got away. He h$&@()) his way for any promos for his films!

Mads dressed down to not overshadow Anyone. But as all said she is on the red carpet with him.

Terrible Twos @ 12/06/2012 at 12:49 am

OMG. Gerry is dressed so nice! If I saw him in person like that I would pass out. Swoon.
I like Jessica, she’s beautiful, but every time I see her on the red carpet these days she’s wearing something weird….I dunno, funky? I don’t know what to make of it. :/ Maybe I have no fashion sense, LOL.

@Gigi:
Um …. no …. MG was not on the red carpet.
She was inside the venue, she didn’t walk the red carpet. Believe it or not, there is a difference.

Who wants to see the **** real? I not!

@SouthernBelle:
The black woman looks like a horse. Major horse face.

SouthernBelle @ 12/06/2012 at 1:22 am

@….:

Whatever — if you say so, it must be true.

thecareersovermate @ 12/06/2012 at 1:33 am

Even the DM is downplaying it as a GB film!
And what’s with Alan and Fryguy (?) having to hold his hand to buy a coffee/redbull? Does he never live/stay anywhere with a kettle and basic supplies to make a drink? Weird.
The way his films have bombed in recent years and his transient lifestyle, not to mention prior rumoured substance abuse, all his hangers on……his finances must be in trouble by now. Expect more paid appearances at shoebox openings. Is his la property still signed over to Comrie inc to limit liability? What about the chelsea flat, any nyc property registers?

Gerry's ex? @ 12/06/2012 at 1:37 am

That looks like Gerry’s ex Jasmine Burgess.

@Liz:

Madalina was on the red carpet the entire time. Tomorrow you might see the pictures. She looked stunning as usual. And Gerry could not take his eyes off of her. Mum was there too right next to her.

wiphoenix @ 12/06/2012 at 1:45 am

@Diana: He seems like his eyes we’re off her the whole time, unless she was taking his pictures.

thecareersovermate @ 12/06/2012 at 1:45 am

The headline says it all.

Playing the F ield was the original concept, but numerous reshoots and edits, and it became the dire mish mash that is Playing for Keeps. The director should be to blame, unless he had interference from a a couple of exec producers. A common problem in all of GBs flops.
No wonder CZJ is absent, and UT and JB look less than pleased to see Gerry. Perhaps the adage ‘Gerry is always liked by his costars’., as trotted out by phannies across the mothersites, isn’t true anymore. Blotted too many copybooks.

thecareersovermate @ 12/06/2012 at 1:51 am

@thecareersovermate: unless he tapped all three of them during filming, lol! There were rumours last year that CZJs breakdown was precipitated by something that happened with Gerry during the film. And Uma just looks p8ssed with him!

SouthernBelle @ 12/06/2012 at 1:55 am

@thecareersovermate:

He keeps talking about India, maybe he’ll try Bollywood, or he could become MG’s agent, or maybe try stand-up and amuse the world with his near death story.

Where are these pics that diana keeps mentioning we would seen at least one of them.

@Gerry’s ex?:
It’s definitely not Jasmine Burgess.

wiphoenix @ 12/06/2012 at 2:06 am

@cupcake: I think Diana is a guy or a lesbian. Most women don’t describe other women like she does. Why try to sell her to us? She’ll be gone in a year, irregardless. If she’s all that she’ll be dumping him. Notice it’s all one sided. Gerry isn’t adored at all, merely adoring.

Uma and Jessica don’t look too impressed with him, do they. He must have done some serious bridge burning.

God Bless yoou all! @ 12/06/2012 at 2:20 am

“By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me – a prayer to the God of my life.” – Psalm 42:8

How many leading roles does he have left before it’s over for him? One, two maybe?

Guys we have a new thread.

Today I opened a file drawer. Gerard Butler showed up for it.

so.............. @ 12/06/2012 at 4:45 am

I wonder what blew up Uma’s nose tonight. She looks like she didn’t stay for long.Her body language is really telling.

I see PFK couldn’t preem in LA cuz Les Miz had a huge red carpet event last night there. I don’t think PFK will do well in theaters based on the fact that most of his fans have fled for greener pastures or their local nursing homes. This film will end up in the bargain bin where Walmartians will paw at it with grubby fat fingers and smirk, “hell to the no!”

Sorry I was wrong. Les Miz preemed in London last night. I was so shocked at how fat RC was in pics I didn’t stop to read the article about the preem. He looks gross. Maybe he can portray America’s fattest POTUS, Taft, in a biopic? Maybe he can join Butler in a foodfest and they can pack away fries out the wazoo and gain major poundage. Then they can play old fat ugly twins who live in their Mum’s basement.

Gerry’s career is virtually over. Looks like he’s got nothing coming up in the future except OHF sometime next year. He’s not filming anything anytime soon. No wonder he’s desperate to get his bloated puss out there by appearing at every envelope opening.

Gerard’s mother was NOT at the premiere tonight.

Devil's Advocate @ 12/06/2012 at 7:26 am

This does not bode well for this movie, though it’s still early: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/playing_for_keeps_2012/

@Devil’s Advocate:
Maybe Gerry should just stop making movies and start b/a/nging models half his age full time. His career seems to be going nowhere anyway. It’s a dead end and most of his fans are tired of him.

@Gigi: She is not on the red carpet with him she is there just as many of his past girlfriends have been there at events just relegated to the background. You can be sure this one doesn’t like been relegated to the background.

God Bless yoou all! @ 12/06/2012 at 10:07 am

“Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track.” – 2 Proverbs 3:5-6

dargabriel @ 12/06/2012 at 1:15 pm

Hi JJ, Hi friends. Gerard walk the right path and things will be Utopia. Just to let posters know, I only believe 20 percent of what’s said here, this is for fun only. Gossip is good, but also drama, so, this is to be taken in stride. I knew butler wouldn’t bring anyone on the carpet, trust me, I wish he would, oh gosh do I, but I just know he won’t unless it’s his other half or mom or both, fact. Butler is very good at obeying most spiritual boundaries, this I do know. His career will be fruitful with his other in his life, I’d like to think that he could prevail without her, but road will continue to be bumpy and forever searching for the butler, the face in the crowd, the essence he yearns for the most, soul love. Bright and sunny days ahead for my Eagle, I guess that God person was wrong about the thunder, maybe I really don’t deserve hatred. No matter what any of you think about me, I’m always dargabriel, I would like to ask butlers fan base to grow, also, please believe when I do say, butler is a better man then most think, he respects laws, he will not commit to the wrong soul, he’s incredibly smart. Have a gorgeous day to all. I wish happy and well thoughts. Love,dargabriel

you're paranoid @ 12/06/2012 at 1:17 pm

@wiphoenix:
you’re paranoid.
you should get that checked.
diana isn’t posting because of gerry or mg.

from god bless you all @ 12/06/2012 at 2:47 pm

listen to the true god not dargabriel the pretender

you're paranoid @ 12/06/2012 at 2:51 pm

i don’t even read dar who is a mentally disturbed person. he is like gfw who thinks she knows gb personally. he’s worse than gfw if you ask me.
dar is a lonely attentionwh/ore. ignore him. i am sure you do. but i just feel that needs to be reinforced.

you're paranoid @ 12/06/2012 at 2:59 pm

@Strands of Garland:
you are so weak and catty its pathetic

I love her dress its gorgeous @ 12/06/2012 at 3:27 pm

jessica looks great here
love the dress, gorgeous!

Jessica Biel is beautiul! Better than Slum Girl fugly feida Pinto!

To me, Uma just looks tired and maybe self-conscious; probably because she had a baby not too long ago and is feeling a little heavier than she normally is. Jessica looks happy enough and beautiful! Gerard looks great, too! I bet the film does better than people are predicting!

CRABCAKES @ 12/07/2012 at 3:57 am

@….:
Gerry would never look at you…must drive you crazy. Your hair alone is enough to scare people. By the way…you make crap money because you are nothing.

Myan in Sydney @ 12/07/2012 at 4:04 am

i told you idiots that gerard wasnt ghey. for years you tried to believe it…he just doesnt like fat short girls. he’ll SLUM out of ‘type’ here and there with s short or plain regular woman – if he is BORED (I mean all of us have SLUMMED out of type havent we?) but he’ll end up with a tall, hipless, boobed, impossible looking amazon. Every woman he has been connected to from his Bianca to jasmine to Kristy to Priyanka, hired a fitness trainer girl that fit his stupid TYPE back in the day, all the way to where we are now with the LOVE of his LIFE here MADALINA.
THAT is his TYPE. I got over it maybe you can?
And I might be Asian but I cannot read minds.

@CRABCAKES:
LOL!!!!! You’re crazy. My hair is great btw. Most black women have good hair. Jealous?