Gerard Butler Promotes 'Playing for Keeps' on 'GMA'!

Gerard Butler Promotes 'Playing for Keeps' on 'GMA'!

Gerard Butler greets his fans after taping an appearance for Good Morning America on Wednesday (December 5) in New York City.

The 43-year-old actor went on the morning talk show to promote his upcoming flick Playing for Keeps.

I think it was 3-0, and it was the most exciting game I ever played,” Gerard said about a childhood soccer match he played. “All of a sudden that ball was there on the goal line and it was scramble… I kind of kneed [the ball] in and I never had a crowd go so crazy… and for that moment, I was the guy.”

20+ pictures inside of Gerard Butler greeting his fans…

gerard butler promotes playing for keeps on gma 01
gerard butler promotes playing for keeps on gma 24

• Chris Brown and Drake are collaborating on a track together- TMZ
  • Cory Monteith's dad opens up on his death after one year- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Mitchell has signed on to star in Members Only- Just Jared Jr
  • When will Blake Lively go live with her new lifestyle website?- Lainey Gossip
  • Mariel Booth shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Closeted homosexual. He gilds the lily way too much.

@flav: gay haters are usually gay!!

It’s like he doesn’t even look at the scripts; he just takes whatever is offered to him. Horrible career. One flop romantic comedy after another. If you keep getting cast in one romantic comedy after the other, it is becase they are cheap to produce and the producer can use your “star” name as a selling point. Hs career is in toilet.

Terrible Twos @ 12/05/2012 at 3:40 pm

Nice to see him smiling so much. He looks happy!

Saline Dion @ 12/05/2012 at 3:46 pm

Something has never been quite right about this man. Never married at his age? Seems to always go out of his way to coem across as a ladykiller/player-type. He is hiding something. Very possibel that he is a gay man.

Trying to figure it out @ 12/05/2012 at 3:51 pm

Do I see Framo there?

Sassy Sally @ 12/05/2012 at 3:51 pm

word on the street in hollywood is that he has slept with bradley cooper

He looks good.

Special One @ 12/05/2012 at 3:57 pm

He never slept with Bradley Cooper. Bradley is not gay, if he was gay he would be out of the closet, Bradley is a great actor and a decent man. Please. Even if he was gay he would never sleep with the Butler. He looks old, but I need a Butler…..Butler, can you bring me some sparkling water?

Untamable Shrew @ 12/05/2012 at 3:57 pm

Look at the grandma getting hers.lol.Looks like she wants to make out with him.

Untamable Shrew @ 12/05/2012 at 3:59 pm

I have to admit it,he looks really good in that suit.

Ewww! I cannot put up with him.

Good looking man. But even when he is cleaned up and dressed nicely, he still looks as if he smells slightly of unwashed a s s.

Untamable Shrew @ 12/05/2012 at 4:04 pm

@Yaddle: You mean Maddie’s ass?Yuck

Maddie is hot! She is wayy more beautiful than that cow Poop cleaner freida pinto! Yuck ugly cow poop cleaner.
I bet she smells of curry and filth.

Strands of Garland @ 12/05/2012 at 4:11 pm

WOW even Alan was giving out hugs!

Looks good, I’ll be there with my kids. We’re a family of soccer players. Although, not one of the MOM’s in your movie. Fun!!!

@Goshie: That girl is ugly. Why do people say shes hot? Hell no! Hot is like Megan Fox and Jessica Alba

@Yaddle: I thought the same thing about Gerard’s career. I don’t get why he keeps doing this awful movies.

WAKEUPJARED @ 12/05/2012 at 4:23 pm

They really did roll out the phannies this time. Rent a mob!. Perhaps because he is has no new fans. It must be very depressing for him to see the same faces getting older in each crowd.
Was webmistress Diane there? Because she certainly wasn’t on here this morning. Far too busy Gerry adoring, scrapbooking (LOL!), with her intellectually challenging career as a hairdresser, too gullible, self serving, and Jj detesting to ever post here.

Egos are us @ 12/05/2012 at 4:28 pm

Does Alan think he’s a big star now, too? Waiter, I’ll have what they’re having.

dargabriel must think she is asians can read minds
doh!
the thing is they don’t get the message that thumbs down means not interested.

This guy used to have quite a good loyal fan base and now there is only trolls posting in his threads

Strands of Garland @ 12/05/2012 at 5:04 pm

@doh:

If asians can read minds is the reason why piggy chops won’t date Gerry.lol

Kali Orexi @ 12/05/2012 at 5:10 pm

you can red thumb me all you like but I think he looks hot hot hot! the jacket could’ve been a size bigger but phoar, all I could look at was that bulge! It makes me wanna say May West’s famous words: “is that a gun in your pocket or are you glad to see me”

Strands of Garland @ 12/05/2012 at 5:11 pm

The dog’s eye is the same as Gerry’s

Kali Orexi @ 12/05/2012 at 5:19 pm

@Strands of Garland: I love huskies! they’re such beautiful dogs

The Noise In The Walls @ 12/05/2012 at 5:41 pm

Gerry!
I love the suit!!! You look awesome! Best of luck on the flick…I wish I was there!!

Go Celtic!

Zero stars out of four? It seems that only trolls will be coming here from now on …
Review by CHRISTY LEMIRE (Associated Press Movie Critic)

That husky is too cute.

@Arin:
Megan Fox is so beautiful it’s unbelievable! I saw her in person at a movie premiere when the stars were walking the red carpet and she’s so gorgeous she almost looks unreal.

yea…gay hater are all gay who are pretenting to be straight!!!anyway, people judging to oter people are the one who think tey are smart,but in reality,tey are the losser,so stop saying nasty things,and before u say anything,think urself first n u will realised who you are and will stop creticising oter people

Strands of Garland @ 12/05/2012 at 5:51 pm

Does anyone know what time the premiere starts?

@The Noise In The Walls: yea…he look rocking…..just love him.

Dress a **** in a nice suit it is still a ****. Gerard Butler will always be a m/a/nw/h/o/r/i/n/g piece of s/h/i/t. Even his movies stink.

Untamable Shrew @ 12/05/2012 at 6:20 pm

@Joseph: Post 27,not all are trolls.I’m new here.Giving honest opinions is trolling now?Sorry,I don’t let the blind lead me(loyal fans).

@Untamable Shrew:
Sorry, I shouldn’t have said “only” … I like honest opinions (good and bads). I just was referring to the troll attacks of the last days, which caused the number of real posts to be reduced dramatically. If you come here at some times of the day/night is only troll vs troll conversations ….

Plastic Fantastic @ 12/05/2012 at 6:59 pm

From VARIETY.COM:
“Butler, playing his second athletic father figure of the season (after “Chasing Mavericks”), is solid enough, and gets to speak with his native brogue, though his scruffy, mildly charming meathead routine is starting to wear thin.”
—–
The few early reviews out so far reads the same. Luckily for him, he’s not being singled-out from the movie’s many flaws (according to critics). Few saw CM, and even fewer is liking PTF at this point. We’ll see what the box office says…
—–
IF his team/friends DOES deal with this website, either they’re very selective about what they’re telling him concerning his career (like WO, Gals), or he’s very selective about what he’s hearing. Either way, I hope that Santa Baby/Baby Jesus brings him some TRUE insight AND foresight, so some positive changes are made soon, because there is *something* there in the way of wasting potential, however deeeeeeep, deeeeeep dooooooown (**echo, echo, echo**). I pray he figures out that it’s time to re-evaluate and power-clean his personal and professional houses in 2013, for real.
—-
Happy Holidays, everybody…

@Eileen:
Moira Fraser aka Framolamdu aka Framo/Frammie is a the number 1 Gerry Butler stalker.

@Alina:
Isn’t it the same video that is posted in this thread?

Strands of Garland @ 12/05/2012 at 7:04 pm

@@Eileen:

I wouldn’t call Moira a stalker. I think the proper term would be “groupie”.

WAKE UP, MAN! @ 12/05/2012 at 7:09 pm

Dear Gerard Butler and “management,”

A review:
“The oddly unsatisfying big screen career of Gerard Butler takes another unfortunate turn with ‘Playing for Keeps,’ a sexualized romantic comedy built around kids’ soccer. It makes its way into theaters as Butler’s last effort, ‘Chasing Mavericks,’ beats a hasty retreat to home video….’Keeps’ has Butler dialing down his swagger and charisma when the whole movie is utterly reliant on both….He’s at his most charming here, pandering to his female fan base. More’s the pity, because that base is shrinking by the hour.”

Please print and retain for your records. Several times. Put them up around the house. In his car. ON MG’s back. SOMETHING!

@@Eileen:
Oh! That´s the “famous” Moira people mention some times. I have read her name here sometimes but I actually have never seen a picture of her before. What kind of stalker is she?

What kind of stalker is she?
a successful one.
boo hooo hoo to the haters

@Untamable Shrew @ 12/05/2012 at 7:26 pm

@Joseph:
Joseph is the troll who is the bully who doesn’t like you to post more than once. he’s jealous because he only gets a few posts in per break and can’t keep up. either that or is mentally challenged when faced with the truth…the usual scenario.

@Untamable Shrew @ 12/05/2012 at 7:28 pm

usually shows up when the issue is resolved and his sock story lost.

@Untamable Shrew @ 12/05/2012 at 7:30 pm

just so you know there are 5 socking trolls. the ‘so-and-so’ is a troll troll is a socking troll too.

@Eileen: Moira is a Brit and very loyal fan of gb’s. She is no stalker. She is seen frequently at tv shows, premieres and whenever she can to see gb. She obviously has enough funds to to this. She was at one time moderator of gbgals. Very nice lady and well read. Loves the theatre and keeps up with most good actors.

Untamable Shrew @ 12/05/2012 at 7:37 pm

@Joseph: Oh ok.All is well!

Untamable Shrew @ 12/05/2012 at 7:40 pm

Why is my name coming up when I didn’t post it?Am I being trolled now?Hey wait,I have nothing against you either.I like reading what everybody thinks.

@Hello:
Thanks for your response. Was she the same lady who was in the audience when GB said he had never used a kilt on the red, and then she said he had?

@Untamable Shrew @ 12/05/2012 at 7:53 pm

you’re being set up by Joseph, the “so and so is a troll” troll.
he needs someone to talk to establish something. he never posted under that name before. but i have seen your name before. nothing particular stuck out. joseph is the one troll who will get on your case for speaking the truth good or bad. he’ll tell you to take a pill or something implying he wants you to shut up. he’s very sly.

Okay Gerry where are you there is supposed to be a premiere tonight yoohoo.

food 4 thought @ 12/05/2012 at 8:11 pm

@Eileen: Yes – she is the same one. Usually appears in the front row at all his talk-show appearances.

@Strands of Garland:
LOL, I’m sorry but Moira could never be a groupie even if she wanted to. Groupies are usually attractive young women that sleep around with stars and famous people. I don’t think any star would ever want to have sex with Moira.

@Hello:
—–Moira is a Brit and very loyal fan of gb’s. She is no stalker. She is seen frequently at tv shows, premieres and whenever she can to see gb. She obviously has enough funds to to this.——-
……………………………………………………………………………………………..
I’m sorry but that’s pathetic. I almost feel sorry for her. I bet she doesn’t have a real man in her life.

Strands of Garland @ 12/05/2012 at 8:31 pm

You might be wrong. I went on a trip with my 80 yr old aunt and every single old man around was hitting on her. She could have had her choice. lol

ZeroOutOfFourStars @ 12/05/2012 at 8:35 pm

How many millions does GB rake in per crap film? Mediocre talent, mediocre movies, but stunning good looks. It’s quite a racket he’s got going… wonder how much longer he’ll be able to keep it up.

@ZeroOutOfFourStars:
Until his looks give out. Unless the Wizard finally gives him a brain and he gets serious about acting. Look for Dorothy and toto Gerry, they’ ll take you to the Emerald city and hopefully the Wizard will grant your wish.

Got a tweet from Rotten Tomatoes that said, “Playing for Keeps” made its RT debut to 0% rating. Hopefully it will get better but Butler really needs to make serious career decisions right now(actually yesterday) or he will destroy any chance to climb back up to his standing of several years ago(circa 300). JMO, peeps just my opinion. :(

angelsrock @ 12/05/2012 at 8:49 pm

@SapTrap:

Sorry about the above invisible post. I don’t know what the heck I did. I wanted to say that I think that this is the last romcom for Gerry for a long long time. I think it’s going to be action Butler for awhile.

DocP=Joseph @ 12/05/2012 at 8:49 pm

drop dead

DocP=Joseph @ 12/05/2012 at 8:51 pm

hello “shut up troll”
fu/ck off
aszhole

@SapTrap:
“Is it any good? The critics say Playing for Keeps is largely a missed opportunity; its talented cast is squandered on a mediocre script.”

DocP=Joseph @ 12/05/2012 at 8:53 pm

I AM GOD TO YOU
DON’;T TELL ME TO SHUT UP
I DON’T HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOU OR OBEY YOU
YOU ARE NOT IN CHARGE OF ME
I AM BETTER THAN YOU ARE
YOUR DAD IS DEAD…BOO HOOO HOOO
GLAD FOR YOU
TAKE IT OUT ON SOMEONE ELSE
YOU ARE NOT IN AUTHORITY OVER ME
I AM BETTER THAN YOU ARE
GO TO HELL

So far... @ 12/05/2012 at 8:53 pm

The reviews are even worse than CM. I didn’t think that was possible.

@angelsrock: I hope so, I guess EVERYTHING will then ride on “Olympus Has Fallen”. But if he had control of the script on that, who knows what changes he made that could tank it?…plus he is back to an American accent right? I saw where he said recently that PFK was great because he didn’t have to consult the dialect coach AFTER each scene, that’s what is messed up: you are supposed to consult the dialect coach BEFORE, way before you are shooting scenes. *sigh* I guess we’ll see…

ZeroOutOfFourStars @ 12/05/2012 at 8:57 pm

@DocP
Sean Connery and Warren Beatty are still very attractive, and they’re in their what? 70s and 80s? GB looks a lot older than 43/44 (forget which) — the hard partying and physically demanding roles are taking a toll. And based on the bad dye job, I wouldn’t put it past him to have *work* done. I read that Men’s Health article and wow, what a turnoff. The manic behavior shines through in his roles — from Archie in Mrs. Brown to the incredibly annoying what’s-his-name in TBH. He was decent in Coriolanus, only b/c he was surrounded by some greats.

DocP=Joseph @ 12/05/2012 at 9:00 pm

HE WILL FALL ON OYMPUS TOO

Out of the 6 reviews (all bad) posted on “Rotten Tomatoes” so far, 3 of them have described PFK as a “misogynistic romantic comedy”. I think this is what bothers me the most about Gerard’s film choices lately. TUT and BH were also described as misogynistic romantic comedies and this was cited as one of the many reasons these films were panned. When will Gerry realize that misogyny isn’t funny, and it sure as hell isn’t romantic?

DocP=Joseph @ 12/05/2012 at 9:04 pm

mediocre script
TRUE
AND THAT’S WHY THE KNIFE TWIST IS SUCH SWEET REVENGE

DocP=Joseph @ 12/05/2012 at 9:06 pm

@Jax:
EXACTLY
THE MALE AGENDA FROM 2000 ON IS GETTING THE LOSS AT THE BOX OFFICE IT DESERVES.

@ZeroOutOfFourStars:
I’m still holding out that he will wise up and change his attitude. I guess I’m just a optimist at heart. Maybe someone should mail him the course catalog from Julliard..hint hint :D

Strands of Garland @ 12/05/2012 at 9:07 pm

So refreshing to see a woman with normal breast and lips

HOW ARE YOUR HEART PILLS WORKING?
DO YOU NEED AN UPPER?

@DocP:
YOU’RE A PESSIMIST AND A BULLY

@Strands of Garland:
So refreshing to see true beauties like madalina and the vs angels. jessica is ok but kinda boring.

Strands of Garland @ 12/05/2012 at 9:14 pm

I’m not going to put up with this all night—-I’m going to report. Anyone else?

SouthernBelle @ 12/05/2012 at 9:15 pm

@PTF Premiere:

Must have a new stylist – great suit/shirt/tie.

the vs angels are better than the old lazy fat women here who don’t take care of themselves and have crappy attitudes

@Strands of Garland:
i’m not going to put up with being told to shut up
you bullied me now you have to listen to me

since you all whine and complain all the time every time someone tells the truth its going to be fun telling the truth
and you can’t report because it as spam because its not spam
its free speech

@Strands of Garland:
I hope you’re being ironic. I don’t know about her breasts, but Jessica Biel’s lips are fake as hell. Numerous injections.

@strands of garland @ 12/05/2012 at 9:21 pm

you could leave if you want

So do you guys think he’s going to bring Madalina to the premiere? Yes or no? ;)

If she’s not still in LA working, sure.

@strands of garland @ 12/05/2012 at 9:25 pm

i know your mashed potatoes and gravy
gobble gobble
turkey breath

I forgot to say that YES, I think he’ll bring her. Unfortunately, LOL.

Strands of Garland @ 12/05/2012 at 9:28 pm

@@strands of garland:

Oh EVE——you always show up to show off.

@Keller:
hi
which premiere are you talking about?

yes she does
but i’m not EVE
I AM GOD TO BOTH OF YOU

ZeroOutOfFourStars @ 12/05/2012 at 9:33 pm

@DocP
Ha, I think *we’re* waaaay past Julliard. He’s become a caricature, especially now with the underwear model girlfriend. I guess now, in addition to churning out crap movies, he’ll be acting as some sort of starmaker, and foisting Little Maddie upon the masses. Whee. At least I still have “Atilla” to enjoy his good looks at peak. And the accent. Oh, yes, the accent…

WO has photos of the PFK premiere. MG wasn’t on the red carpet with Gerry. So if she’s there, she’s been relegated to hiding in the background again.

dargabriel @ 12/05/2012 at 9:33 pm

@DocP=Joseph: meany, Leave people alone, hold it together. Go, gerard, do good

@dardumbo @ 12/05/2012 at 9:37 pm

stop instigating trouble dardumbo
I AM GOD TO YOU
I AM BETTER THAN YOU
I AM SUPERIOR TO YOU

@dardumbo @ 12/05/2012 at 9:38 pm

STOP STICKING UP FOR BULLIES YOU MALICIOUS TONGUE

What is wrong with him?! That people will be excited to see these women trying to seduce him!? That’s how he is planning to sell the movie?
It seems he already forgot that they changed the name of the movie from PTF to PFK because they wanted to sell it as a family movie …

@dardumbo @ 12/05/2012 at 9:40 pm

POOR DOCP DOESN’T REALLY LIKE YOU
S/HE’S IN A TOUGH POSITION RIGHT NOW.
DECISIONS DECISIONS
TSK TSK

@dardumbo @ 12/05/2012 at 9:40 pm

YOU SOUND LIKE THE TEEN TROLL BUT NOT AS INTELLIGENT

Has anyone seen this woman at all after the filming or during the promo tours? Anywhere? And where’s Uma?

dargabriel @ 12/05/2012 at 9:41 pm

@@dardumbo: you’re losing your grip, hang on tight, keep your legs and arms in the ride at all times,lol. Everyone on the thread, this is a dirty birdy, go,go,go, butler,yay

oops
i thought the premiere was last week

@dargabriel:
it takes one to know one
turkey breath

@dardumbo @ 12/05/2012 at 9:46 pm

you’re troll colors are showing

SouthernBelle @ 12/05/2012 at 9:46 pm

@Keller:

Thanks for the pics, Keller. Best pics of him in a long time.

@CZJ: I think they all are running in the other direction, CZJ has an Oscar, Uma an Oscar nomination, Dennis & Judy are well respected actors…maybe they got the feeling after shooting things may not turn out so good. Uma did do an interview with “Gotham Magazine” I believe but that was more about her & her life now as a new mom than promo of the film…

Seriously @ 12/05/2012 at 9:49 pm

@Leann: If you notice, no one has their SO’s on the carpet.

dargabriel @ 12/05/2012 at 9:50 pm

@@: turkey breath, really, you know nothing you. No turkey, maybe, listerine, awwwwa,fresh. Oh and you wished you could see me and punch me out eh? Maybe you will see me and I’ll knock you out with my powers.

Strands of Garland @ 12/05/2012 at 9:52 pm

I hope Gerrys friends show up to support him.

…Has Uma had a little boob job done??? I don’t think I’ve ever seen her that large in that area.

@dardumbo @ 12/05/2012 at 9:56 pm

@dargabriel:
that wasn’t meant for you unless you posted as the shut up troll
but i would be happy to revise to include you
don’t think you told me to shut up did you?

oh yes i actually did address you at first but then i went on to the shut up troll

@dargabriel:
Dar I wouldn’t even talk to the troll. Thats what they want to keep their game going. Obviously this is a kid. Most others would have a job or family to keep them busy. this ones been at it all day. Just thimb them down and move on. You can bet “it” will read this and come up with some obnoxius comment so just ignore it.

dargabriel @ 12/05/2012 at 10:02 pm

@@dardumbo: no I wouldn’t do that, not me, anyone that knows me here, knows this. Have a great night. Darn, I’m bummed thought gerard would finally bring someone on the carpet with him. Take care.

@Seriously:
I think thats true of most actors for their own movie premiere. MG could be there but the only way we will find out is if some paps catches them like last time.

@dargabriel:
i know
you actually want me to talk to you

“Enjoying some down time in the Big Apple, Gerard Butler walked to Starbucks in New York City from his hotel on Wednesday (December 5).”

dargabriel @ 12/05/2012 at 10:07 pm

@DocP: I guess theres no getting through, but I’ve to say, I think this is an adult and they are very real, just my gut. Thanks for the advice. Love,dargabriel

howdy dumbodocp @ 12/05/2012 at 10:08 pm

@DocP:
i guess you need to work on frustration tolerance
do they have pills to make you do that?
you don’t have to talk back just listen and relax
or ignore
best not to tell me to shut up again
i can give you a heart attack

I AM GOD TO YOU @ 12/05/2012 at 10:10 pm

you might get buckshot up your **** and sent to an early grave
and drop dead
YOUR MARINE BULLYING WAYS DON’T WORK ON FREE THINKERS LIKE ME
I BET YOUR DAD DIED FROM HYPERTENSION
AND YOU COULD BE NEXT

I AM GOD TO YOU @ 12/05/2012 at 10:13 pm

I BET YOU ARE BIRACIAL HUH DOC
AMERASIAN

GroupieNOT @ 12/05/2012 at 10:16 pm

@Strands of Garland:

No, a groupie is someone who sleeps with the person they follow around. Definitely NOT Framo.

I AM GOD TO YOU @ 12/05/2012 at 10:16 pm

@DocP:

TELLING PEOPLE TO SHUT UP IS OBNOXIOUS OH LOWLY WHITE WASHED HYPOCRITICAL GRAVE

ZeroOutOfFourStars @ 12/05/2012 at 10:16 pm

@Eileen
Stupid question, but doesn’t he own a multi-million dollar loft in NYC? Why the hotel? You’d think he’d want to sleep in his own bed… for a change.

dargabriel @ 12/05/2012 at 10:29 pm

I think fram is a very dedicated fan, I love her for that. More power to her. Love, dargabriel

too funny at least one of G’s FWBs on the red carpet, but not the girlfriend ah showbiz

@Eileen: Did he lose the keys to the lair?

Good Question @ 12/05/2012 at 10:40 pm

@ZeroOutOfFourStars:

I think that question has come up before. Maybe he doesn’t have the apartment anymore…?

if he sold it it would be news, real estate agents are the worst gossips and namedrooppers

nameDROPPERS not droopers

ZeroOutOfFourStars @ 12/05/2012 at 11:15 pm

@Good Question:
Maybe I’m losing track of time, but I thought that Architectural Digest feature was fairly recent. Hmm, maybe he sold, or is having it renovated. I got the impression he was in NYC during Sandy and thought it rather sh*tty that he didn’t stick around to help with relief efforts. Maybe he wrote a big ol’ check to the Red Cross or some other relief organization, who knows.

@WAKEUPJARED:

Ironically, I was one of those in the ‘mob’ and had a sign saying “New Fan”. I’ve just become a fan in June. So say what you will. If you don’t like the man, just don’t open the article, let alone take the time to post. I had a great time meeting him that morning and find him to be a quite friendly and funny man. Sure, I’ve heard of his flaws. But overall, I think he’s just a good man trying to do his best. Just like many of the rest of us.