Taylor Swift: I Don't Know How To Make Relationships Last!

Taylor Swift: I Don't Know How To Make Relationships Last!

Taylor Swift is gorgeous on the cover of Cosmopolitan UK‘s January 2013 issue, on newsstands tomorrow!

Here’s what the 22-year-old country singer had to share with the mag:

On relationships: “How to make them last. I’ve never had a really long relationship, so I have no idea what that’s like. Wish me luck for the future!”

On love: “I don’t know. I think that idea of love I hope for is that you learn a lesson and you don’t have to learn it twice. But the song I Knew You Were Trouble is about when I knowingly made the same mistake twice. I couldn’t resist it – there’s that temptation to push yourself into a risky situation with someone who is going to hurt you, and that’s what that song is about: not trusting your own instincts and ignoring all the red flags.”

On if her exes have contacted her about her songs: “Yes. Only the vocal ones though. The ones that love the sound of their own voice, whether it be an email or text message… or barrage of text messages. But it’s only happened a few times with the ones that really were choice human beings. The thing is, they’re just guessing that the song is about them. I put details in my songs but never first and last names, and I definitely don’t include social-security numbers!”

On making public appearances: “Yeah, I have really nervous moments. I get overwhelmed and intimidated by the idea of putting on a performance on TV – and I get nervous before releasing a new album.”

For more from Taylor, visit Cosmopolitan.co.uk!

taylor swift i dont know how to make relationships last 01
taylor swift i dont know how to make relationships last 02
taylor swift i dont know how to make relationships last 03

Credit: Matt Jones/Cosmopolitan UK
Posted to: Magazine, Taylor Swift

• Snooki steps out after giving birth to her second baby- US Weekly
  • Taylor Swift is getting sued by a chauffeur service- TMZ
  • Netflix has added some new films to their collection- Entertainment Weekly
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Bryana Holly knows how to heat up the desert- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All
What's next? @ 12/06/2012 at 6:54 pm

Really????

“I don’t know how to make a relationship last.” Tell me something I don’t already know. Taylor Swift needs to stop belaboring this relationship thing– golly.

Some things are simply not meant to be. It’s not like people who are in lasting relationships work awesome magic!

bedhopper @ 12/06/2012 at 6:56 pm

nympho

Quit dating the loser celebs. They R no better than U. Then you will find a lasting relationship.

“Only the vocal ones though. The ones that love the sound of their own voice” Oh….so you, Taylor?

Finally! Now she needs to admit that she is a $lut who has a low self esteem and is needy so that’s why she can’t keep a reletionship

Who could take this annoying bytch for any stretch of time?

She’s everywhere,can we all have a Taylor Swift break? Maybe she should grow up and then start a relationship.

This chick has had more “lovers” then a 50 year old. For someone who acts all innocent umm she’s not.

sets such a wonderful example for tween and teeny fans,
her mission is to corupt

Taylor is like a used handbag. It loses its shine and sparkle with each use.

Can she ever talk about something other than relationships? The interviewers are always asking the same questions and its getting old.

an opinion @ 12/06/2012 at 7:07 pm

Here is a clue on how to keep a relationship. Have a friendship with the guy first. Become friends with the guy before you start holding hands, kissing and buying a home next to his families home.

I wouldn’t have a problem with Taylor dating this young dude if he didn’t look like a 10 year old. What is up with this chick? Has she lost her marbles and why is her staff allowing her to do this to herself. She looks like an idiot.

Welllllllll…… I kinda sorta noticed that!

princess pop @ 12/06/2012 at 7:11 pm

“Taylor Swift: I Don’t Know How To Make Relationships Last!” That’s the understatement of the year! America’s sweetheart for you…

“I put details in my songs but never first and last names”
what about dear john?

I am getting sick of Taylor’s interviews. It’s always the same thing, relationships, love, writing breakup songs, human emotions, I don’t know what love is, blah blah blah blah.

If you think all your exes are bad people that means you are one.
YOU ARE THE PROBLEM GIRL!

Taylor always has an excuse and an explanation! Dude u put Jon Mayer’s name in a song, and made it obvious that it was about him! “But I dont put first and last names!” Who cares, you put his name in it, and made it obvious that it was about him!

Oh Taylor.... @ 12/06/2012 at 7:18 pm

I have just diagnosed Taylor with relationship addiction. It is an actual diagnosis that people must receive counseling for. This describes her perfectly:

Relationship addicts live in a world of paradoxes that leaves them feeling they have no way out. They desperately want to get close to someone, but end up with a person whose problems make closeness impossible. They seek security, but end up with someone who always leaves the back door open for a quick get-away.

Relationship addicts crave unconditional love, but live in constant fear of abandonment if they don’t live up to their own impossible standards. They want to be free to love, but often trap themselves in a relationship. Drowning in the whirlpool of their own emotions, they turn to a rescuer who cannot swim.

Miss Goody Goody Granny Pants boring us with her woes again.

@jazzy: ikr, she is trying to defend herself with BS excuses. What does she want? a gold star for not making the title name “Dear John Mayer”!?

labelwhorre.com @ 12/06/2012 at 7:39 pm

HOW ABOUT..YOU STOP WRITING SONGS ABOUT EVERY EX YOU EVER HAD….WHILE YOU’RE AT IT…SHUT UP AND GO SOMEWHERE TAKE A BREAK…ENJOY THE GUY’S COMPANY AND STOP TRYING TO HUG UP THE PAPS..thisgirl’s claim to fame was Kanye acting a fool….i blame West for making her famous.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All