Cate Blanchett: 'The Hobbit' London Premiere!

Cate Blanchett: 'The Hobbit' London Premiere!

Cate Blanchett shines at the Royal Film Performance of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey held at the Odeon Leicester Square on Wednesday (December 12) in London, England.

Joining the 43-year-old actress on the red carpet were here co-star Martin Freeman with his partner Amanda Abbington, Ian McKellan, director Peter Jackson, and former Hobbits Dominic Monaghan and Billy Boyd.

The Hobbit hits theaters this Friday (December 14). Will you be checking it out???

FYI: Cate is wearing Givenchy with a Van Cleef & Arpels ring. Ian is wearing an Unconditional suit.

10+ pictures inside of Cate Blanchett and others at The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey premiere…

cate blanchett the hobbit london premiere 01
cate blanchett the hobbit london premiere 02
cate blanchett the hobbit london premiere 03
cate blanchett the hobbit london premiere 04
cate blanchett the hobbit london premiere 05
cate blanchett the hobbit london premiere 06
cate blanchett the hobbit london premiere 07
cate blanchett the hobbit london premiere 08
cate blanchett the hobbit london premiere 09
cate blanchett the hobbit london premiere 10
cate blanchett the hobbit london premiere 11
cate blanchett the hobbit london premiere 12

Cate Blanchett , to me, it the best actress around today. And I love that she lives an artisitic life. a real artist, not a movie star or celebrity. She has unconventinal look to her fact that make her more interesting. Her skin is wow!

Josephine @ 12/12/2012 at 3:58 pm

Where are the dwarves? I don’t get why most of the gossip sites, including JJ, constantly exclude the actors playing dwarves from the picture coverage, considering that Hobbit focuses on the journey of Bilbo and the dwarves, so they are the main stars. Cate and Elijah (it’s nice to see them, not that I’m complaining) are only guest starring.

Josephine @ 12/12/2012 at 4:05 pm

@Josephine:

Edit: I know Elijah is not here, but he was the main focus at all of the other premieres (together with Cate), so I made the general statement.

Remenber all the hobbit’s jokes? Well, Dominic and Billy photos don’t help LOL. Being serious is nice to see “old” faces suporting The Hobbit.

Cate, the queen. She’s amazing.

ANONYMOUSE @ 12/12/2012 at 4:42 pm

Yes, Cate is a very powerful actress.

Return of the Hobbits @ 12/12/2012 at 5:35 pm

It was lovely seeing all of this livesteaming in, but it is sad that Orlando Bloom didn’t show up. There are pics of him in Canterbury with his mum and Flynn while Miranda, his loved up wife from Tom, ****, and Harry, is in Spain.

MirandaAdele @ 12/12/2012 at 6:11 pm

Love my job, since I’ve been bringing in $5600… I sit at home, music playing while I work in front of my new iMac that I got now that I’m making it online(Click on menu Home)

LooseLipz @ 12/12/2012 at 6:18 pm

@anon:

You said it well…she personifies classy and classic. A real lovely person and gifted actress. Beautiful, yes, and wears clothes well. Never do you hear her quoted about weight, diets, Botox etc. Inspiring lady.

Cate, the great. She is so stunning. The most talented, classy and nice Actress in the World. I love Cate. Her Galadriel is superb.

@anon: I totally agree anon.
Cate is One of the best personalities in the show biz today. Flawless.

I wish Elijah and Sean had flown over the pond to join Billy and Dom. The four hobbits together again … That would have been such a heartwarming picture … *sigh*