Gerard Butler: Street League Charity Soccer Training!

Gerard Butler: Street League Charity Soccer Training!

Gerard Butler hits the soccer field for the Street League charity training session on Friday (December 14) in South London, England.

The 43-year-old Scottish actor came out to support the charity which helps to change the lives of disadvantaged young people through the power of the sport.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

Gerard is currently in town promoting his latest flick Playing for Keeps. The previous evening, Gerard attended a special screening for the flick in London.

Playing for Keeps is currently in theaters in the US, and will be released in the UK on January 1!

gerard butler street league charity soccer training 01

• Read a review of Keira Knightley's new film Laggies- Lainey Gossip
  • Jerry Seinfeld honors Joan Rivers at an award show- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Cora Keegan shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

1,719 Comments

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 769 » Show All
christmasfairy @ 12/14/2012 at 3:46 pm

This is nearly the end of the show, and she’d had enough of him by then

The fans don't care about him @ 12/14/2012 at 3:55 pm

This is where Gerry’s fans really hurt him.
He does stuff that makes everyone else think “what’s wrong with this guy” and they defend defend defend, saying no, he’s fine, he’s just being funny, he’s just being a saucy bloke, blah blah blah. Then he turns up in rehab because like everyone else but them saw, there was something wrong.
Enablers don’t help anyone.
An ambitious 24 year old underwear model who started dating him when things didn’t work out with other Hollywood actors – the fans say “that’s GREAT!”
His movies suck and do horribly at the box office – the fans say “no, they’re great, and the failures are everyone else’s fault!”
He says things in interviews that makes most people cringe – the fans say “oh, he was just being funny!”
The fans don’t care about him. They care more about their fandom of him and are terrified of being perceived as unsupportive. It’s a good thing that they’re not actually in his life and are just fans. They would be horrible friends.

christmasfairy @ 12/14/2012 at 4:00 pm

https://twitter.com/TVFilmTalk According to @boxofficemojo #PlayingForKeeps is in more theaters this week than last week… are some theaters trying to go out of business?

time to ask @ 12/14/2012 at 4:01 pm

OMG OMG OMG…what a tragedy in Connecticut…26 people dead, 20 are children.
There are no words for this……… my heart is with their families!!!

What is going on? I wonder if there is a video of this interview? I seriously hope he wasn’t drunk. I know of a great rehab center similar to BF that would work wonders for him.

I have just listened the radio interview posted in the previous thread ….
So according to him she is “a lucky lady” because she is with HIM …
He is a real jerk, isnt’ it? A real man would have said “I AM THE LUCKY ONE”. I am starting to feel sorry for her … well, no really … they deserve each other!!! LOL!
Secondly, did he changed the story about the “homeless person” … I think that in a previous interview he told the same story but he said that the person in question was a friend of him and not himself.

Untamable Shrew @ 12/14/2012 at 4:15 pm

@JMO but…: Post 31,I’m telling you he has a look of a drunk.I seen people who ended up with that look.I agree with you 100 percent too.

More comments from out there … what’s wrong with him????
“#10 Zombies will be foaming at the mouth over this.
And will naturally move to boycott Gerard Butler films!”
“#11 the Phantom has spoken”

@So Swedish: Clearly Kali is the troll. The troll has a tendency to make itself obvious by popping up and posting under several different socks, but all at the same time and with a short span between posts. When you see Aussie, bitly, or any of the others pop up, you know the troll is here.

Untamable Shrew @ 12/14/2012 at 4:24 pm

@The fans don’t care about him: Very smart post-53.Well said.He needs help.It’s clear he’s on something.

christmasfairy @ 12/14/2012 at 4:38 pm

Gerard Butler on The One Show…car crash tv…managed to offend Glaswegians and Holocaust survivors in first five minutes. Sober? Really???

@Untamable Shrew: He’s losing weight rapidly again as well, just like last year. I agree that he has the look of a drinker, IMO, and I’ve known plenty of them. That whole thing of going to rehab for a couple of weeks was laughable. No problem, no matter what kind, is solved that quickly. I knew there would be trouble when he was back at the parties a couple of days later. And Coachella, what can I say? The pics from that were scary.

christmasfairy @ 12/14/2012 at 4:39 pm

http://twitter.com/theboysly Gerard Butler needs to fire his agent yesterday. So many awful films..

Kali Orexi @ 12/14/2012 at 4:42 pm

@Obvious: Excuse me, are you calling me a troll? I have been following GB since Mrs Brown and have been a big fan. If you have read my earlier posts you will have noticed that I have ALL bar a few only released in the States DVDs and that I was going to donate them to charity. I HATE what has become of him and that he is surrounded by leechers like a lot of HW stars that will do whatever they can to keep a hold of their jobs! I guess it’s damned if you do, damned if you don’t but I did enjoy the one show interview. I despise the fact that he’s a bit of an Errol Flynn -for those who don’t know who I’m talking about, he was well known for his love for young girls – but he has done some great work! POTO, The Jury, Dear Frankie, Rock’nRolla. Shame on you Obvious for accusing people to be trolls when you know no effing thing about them!

papermoon @ 12/14/2012 at 4:45 pm

Just listened to that Capital fm radio interview. Some what weirdly. Seems he’s spending christmas with his mum, but isn’t sure where his gf is going to be spending it. He said that they would probably meet up after. He figures she going home for the holidays. It would be interesting if she asked if she could spend the holidays with him and his family. Can anyone remember the last time she went home. Not that it matters. Just an interesting thought. Thumb down if need be.

christmasfairy @ 12/14/2012 at 4:46 pm

http://twitter.com/GregorPaton69 @achrisevans Gerard Butler used to drink cider in the park with my wife and her pals from school. She doesn’t talk about it……..much

So Swedish @ 12/14/2012 at 4:47 pm

To Kali Orexi and Obvious:
Thank you for your answers. Hopefully I’ll get to see the show and form my own opinion.

Or maybe I should’nt be hoping for it… :-/

christmasfairy @ 12/14/2012 at 4:48 pm

http://twitter.com/wazza2312 Anyone see the one show earlier?Gerrard butler came across a bit weird. Bet lots of women have gone off him after seeing him earlier #weird

@ste_mills I thought he was half cut but he said he no longer drinks. Maybe drugs?? Struck me as a bit of an obnoxious twat tbh!

In Glasgow Rangers football fans get called zombies by Celtic football fans,it’s all banter.Thats what he meant by zombies in Glasgow.
Believe me Rangers football fans call Celtic fans names also.
All banter.

Kali Orexi @ 12/14/2012 at 4:50 pm

@So Swedish: I have kept it on my sky box so if you ever need a copy just let me know. Have to figure out first how to copy it from skybox to USB stick though

christmasfairy @ 12/14/2012 at 4:51 pm

http://twitter.com/FranTebb #oneshow Gerad Butler?!? Err…wait until after the show to party hey?

@London:
If people in Glasgow are aware of that, then why are so many people annoyed by his comments? Can somebody explain what was wrong with him on the show? Something else he said?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 769 » Show All