Gerard Butler: Street League Charity Soccer Training!

Gerard Butler: Street League Charity Soccer Training!

Gerard Butler hits the soccer field for the Street League charity training session on Friday (December 14) in South London, England.

The 43-year-old Scottish actor came out to support the charity which helps to change the lives of disadvantaged young people through the power of the sport.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

Gerard is currently in town promoting his latest flick Playing for Keeps. The previous evening, Gerard attended a special screening for the flick in London.

Playing for Keeps is currently in theaters in the US, and will be released in the UK on January 1!

gerard butler street league charity soccer training 01

• Miley Cyrus is the latest victim of an internet death hoax- Huffington Post
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Genevieve Morton shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

1,719 Comments

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 869 » Show All

@Mmmmmmm:
Unless something it missing, this video isn’t as bad as the tweets make it seem.
GerBear doesn’t seem like he’s intoxicated.
GerBear is just being a dweeb.
He always says stupid stuff when he’s trying so hard to be funny. This reminds me of one of his Leno appearances when he started telling a story that just wasn’t funny, and no one was laughing, but he wouldn’t let it go and he kept going on and on trying to make it funny, and it was just uncomfortable.
The bear thing was weird. Was he almost talking baby talk there at the end with the bear thing?
Just because I say he doesn’t seem intoxicated doesn’t mean that I don’t think there’s something wrong tho. I think there’s something wrong with him. He seems quite desperate. Seems that the bad public impression by girlfriend that no one respects and who is way too young for him, and his film career tanking, is taking its toll.
Instead of being so defiant and plowing ahead with both in some stupid attempt to prove that he hasn’t made mistakes and the public’s opinion of his life doesn’t matter, he should just accept the fact that he’s chosen a career that he can only succeed in if the public likes him, and figure out how to map out his life in the public eye in a manner that doesn’t turn the public off.
There are some people who are just their own worst enemies.
GerBear really does seem like he’s one of them.

So Swedish @ 12/14/2012 at 6:37 pm

First I want to say that I am not a person wearing rose colored glasses. I’m not afraid to see the truth.

However, his participation on the One Show was not as bad as I expected it to be after reading all these dreadful comments.
Sure, he seemed fidgety and unfocused. Like he was over tired and had to struggle to focus at times. But no worse than that.
The Poland/Auschwitz comment wasn’t so bad either. I don’t think he meant any harm regarding that.

Again, I’m not trying to shield over anything, this is just my opinion on this show.

That’s the video that all the fuss is about. Good grief, he always fidgets and gets goofy and sometimes loud in interviews. He didn’t look drunk to me or strung out. How many guys do you know who get all giddy about wrapping packages. He said he usually gets them wrapped for him. I also take advantage of free wrapping when it is offered. Look between the lines, he was disapponted that his Mum wasn’t there so he tried to joke his way out of it. At times he has the attention span of a gnat, but think about it he gets asked the same thing over and over. We have seen interviews where he is very attentive because the interviewer makes it interesting to him. He didn’t seem angry to me and I think the zombies reference was in regards to soccer or football. I think his drug of choice is that red bull you always see him with. Hyper on caffene. I don’t have the slightest idea what a coke head looks like so I can’t say he does or doesn’t do it. I hope that is not the case. Since I don’t live in the UK than I don’t know if he was being disrespectful to anyone there. I hope not.

Totally Useless Information @ 12/14/2012 at 7:12 pm

Did you all watch the same One Show I did. GB was fine…not antsy, not hyper, more subdued than usual, gave a nice interview. I thought he was fine. I think you are reaching, here, Folks.

@Eh:
I agree with you … the tweets made it seems worst than what it really was, but obviously there is something wrong with him. I think “desperation” fit well with what he see.
I am still surprised about his comment regarding his mother, that she didn’t attend the premiere … I guess he is in need of support these days and that probably affected him.

@Totally Useless Information: i think they were talking about him slouching on the sofa and picking at the fuzzies flying around. He was wilder and louder and cussed on Chelsie H. show and he was rubbing his legs which he always does. Gerry stutters a little bit not severe and he does have hearing loss so that makes him seem distracted when he asks them to repeat a question.
He is supposed to be at the Celtics game in Glasgow tomorrow so we may see how well the zombie joke goes over there.

@Mmmmmmm: I think you are right about his Mum. I think he always looks to her for the support he needs when things aren’t looking so rosy for him. He respects her that is obvious and she is there to give him confidence and support when he feels low. He made the comment she is his best friend so that says alot about their relationship. I envy him that.

“Can Gerard Butler’s career be rescued? He seems to be in a pretty rough spot right now, starring in the virtually ignored Playing for Keeps and with the little-see Chasing Mavericks, Coriolanus and Machine Gun Preacher as the last few titles on his resume. But he’ll at least be getting back into his action star wheelhouse for his next project, Olympus Has Fallen, which has him starring as a Secret Service agent protecting the President during a terrorist attack on the White House.

If that plot line sounds familiar, it’s because it’s pretty much exactly what’s happening in White House Down, which stars Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx and is coming out next June. Olympus Has Fallen seems like the clear underdog of the two, if only because Channing Tatum is pretty much as popular a movie star as exists right now, so Butler’s film will be looking to get the leg up by coming out earlier. Now they’re making that date even sooner– Deadline reports that Olympus Has Fallen has moved its release date to March 22, which is a full two months before White House Down arrives June 28.”

Totally Useless Information @ 12/14/2012 at 7:47 pm

@lolita
Thanks for the explanation, but I watched, I know what I saw and heard. He was making a joke with the slouching, did you happen to notice the faux white fur he was sitting on which sheds like a sheepdog and yes, most of us know all about his hearing loss. There was nothing untoward about his behavior.

bitter blue pill @ 12/14/2012 at 7:59 pm

@twitter:

He’s on some sort of drug, you don’t have to drink to be an addict.

@Totally Useless Information: I’m sure that was someone else’s finger when he was flipping the brd, too. Or Photoshop. All those tweeters in London must be on something themselves. They’re all hallucinating. GB obviously has a doppelganger walking around London and going to all those bars and clubs. It’s probably a conspiracy.

thanks for restoring my faith @ 12/14/2012 at 8:03 pm

in JJ land

so thats about 6 of us who all saw the same interview and agree Gerry was being Gerry, nevos and fidety at times,as aways.

people here are reaching to tear this guy apart at every turn, making stuff up as one poster said earlier.

i don’t think he is using,and i certainly don’ think i am an enabler, and i think his PR team, is doing a fine job, he’s everywhere that is what PR is about, duh.

@Can’tGetEnough:
Remember what one of the posters here said? She’s from Scotland and apparently they did’nt have nice things to say about their relationship in the bars and pubs. Maybe he doesn’t want her there because it will cause to much friction with family and friends? Just a thought. However i would think he would spend Christmas with her somewhere quiet, who knows.

thanks for restoring my faith @ 12/14/2012 at 8:06 pm

sorry i have sticky keys..excuse the spelling…thanks to my kids :)

@lolita: the zombie joke is already in Glasgow it’s what Celtic supporters call Rangers .,they shout zombie Rangers. They are very big rival teams.Gerard new what he meant it is only banter between two rival football teams.

thanks for restoring my faith @ 12/14/2012 at 8:10 pm

my gosh thumbing opposing views is so lame, why do i bother to post here?

kicking myself

I’m sorry, but I can not agree with some of the previous posters. His behavior on the one show seemed to me absolutely strange! When they were wrapping the presents I think he was even a little bit swaying (or nutating, I don’t know what the right word is. Sorry!). and he was so hyper! He could hardly sitting still for at least a few seconds. And his eyes and this strange expression in his face, that’s kind of spooky.

And I really hope, that I just got this wrong because of my English, but did he say, that visiting Auschwitz is NICE?????? And then something like “Okay, it’s a bit depressing.”??? If he said this: OMG!!!! Is he now getting totally crazy? Visiting Auschwitz is definitely not nice! It’s the absolute opposite. It’s like visiting hell!!!!

@Totally Useless Information: I agree, i don’t think he was behaving badly. I know you have been here a while, so if my response to you seemed like I was being being a know it all, that was not my intention. Just chatting with you.

Totally Useless Information @ 12/14/2012 at 8:16 pm

aaaahhh @ 12/14/2012 at 8:02 pm

Thumb up Thumb down +2

_______________________
I was talking about the One Show video and nothing else. Don’t try to change the subject to justify your thoughts.

@London: When did the zombie thing start? What are some of the other sayings if they can be repeated when the two teams get together.

Totally Useless Information @ 12/14/2012 at 8:21 pm

@lolita
Don’t worry about it…no problem.

bitter blue pill @ 12/14/2012 at 8:23 pm

@thanks for restoring my faith:

The issue is other people that aren’t fans of his don’t like it. He needs them to be interested in his movies too, not just a handful.

@lolita:I don,t actually know when it all started.But these are two teams Celtic are Catholic supporters Rangers are Protestant supporters and the rivalry between them is astounding.Think my father was glad he had all daughters and would not be into football.So it’s not as if Gerard is the only one who hacks come out with zombies.They know it was in jest ,they may give him some stick over it though.

@London: I remember some of the comments his fellow Scots said about him when he played for the Celtics when he was so thin. Some were quite colorful.

JJ doesn’t want positive comments about GB. I keep trying to give people thumbs up and it actually counts it as a thumbs down. What is going on here?

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 869 » Show All