Gerard Butler: Street League Charity Soccer Training!

Gerard Butler: Street League Charity Soccer Training!

Gerard Butler hits the soccer field for the Street League charity training session on Friday (December 14) in South London, England.

The 43-year-old Scottish actor came out to support the charity which helps to change the lives of disadvantaged young people through the power of the sport.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

Gerard is currently in town promoting his latest flick Playing for Keeps. The previous evening, Gerard attended a special screening for the flick in London.

Playing for Keeps is currently in theaters in the US, and will be released in the UK on January 1!

gerard butler street league charity soccer training 01
gerard butler street league charity soccer training 02
gerard butler street league charity soccer training 03
gerard butler street league charity soccer training 04
gerard butler street league charity soccer training 05

Getty

1,719 Comments

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1069 » Show All

I think Chris Evans is the one with ADD and/or the drunk one on THE ONE SHOW video. When Gerard said he switched support to the Celtics as a boy because he wanted to be different from his brother and his cousin started taking him to the Celtic’s games, Chris stated then Gerard started hang out with Rod Stewart & Co at the games. Gerard said I was eight. Then he asked if Gerard’s mother lived in Poland. Clearly Chris Evans wasn’t listening. Also the stupid comment about Swedish when Gerard said sweetheart. Chris Evans also made the comment that made Alex Jones blush and she was the one that said she was going to the toilet. Gerard just played along with it, as he does many times when interviewers bring up the lady’s man thing. Alex asked the dumb question about did Beckham ask for Gerard’s autograph. Reminds me of the time David Letterman asked what brought Gerard to the US and Gerard answered a plane. When an interviewer asks a stupid question, one can expect the quick-witted Butler to come back with a snarky answer (personally, I like that about him). As for the wrapping paper lady… she and Alex remind of some the phannies and posters on JJ. Gerard, pay attention to me. Gerard, I am going to tell how to do this. Gerard, do as I tell you to do. Every time they said Gerard it sounded like nails on a chalk board. Wouldn’t it have been great… if Gerard said f-u lady, I will pay someone to wrap my Christmas presents. Its what I would have wanted to say. I think the only thing Gerard had been snorting was the fluff from that ridiculous sofa, not so sure about the others. Midst Chris, Alex and the wrapping paper lady, Gerard seemed the most sane and lucid of the lot. The best line of the video… when the guy says “she doesn’t think much of your films” and Gerard replies “Who does?” …hahaha.

Some of you fan-haven’t-been-girls-for-years are a real trip.
What are you bleeting on about?
Aye, a few here posted that he’s mad in the vid, but most of the comments came from people on twitter. If you want to have a fit, get thee to twitter and wage your sad little jihad in the name of The Butler there.
I’m one who said that I don’t think the vid is as bad as the tweets, but Christ, I’m not going to purge my uterus over it.
~
I’ll say this about Le Butler. He’s not very manly in that vid or really generally. He looks manly enough, but the minute the bloke opens his mouth and starts gesturing, he transforms into a little boy.
It’s not goofiness. Goofiness is charming.
He’s more like the child you still have using a plastic tumbler because you know he’d break a glass, or who you can’t let outside in his nice trousers because he will find a puddle of mud to roll in.
Maybe that’s why he dates girls so young. His maturity is at their level and women over 30 want a man, not a silly boy.

Gee…. I think if I had left out the part about the phannies on post #152, I would gotten the thumbs up.

Snow Flakes @ 12/15/2012 at 12:03 am

Looks like no matter what anyone post here recently it is going to get thumbed! Oh well.

@Snow Flakes: Hasn’t it always been that way here on the JJ Gerard Butler thread? Evidently giggling is also unseemly. If one is to become an adult, one must put away enjoyment.

Snow Flakes @ 12/15/2012 at 12:24 am

Maybe it is because I mispelled giggling. Who knows? Usually the thumbs start right after people start attacking each other. Some times this place is just as confusing as Gerry is.

Regarding Thumbs @ 12/15/2012 at 12:29 am

Keep in mind that both die-hard Gerry fans and die-hard Gerry haters frequent this place… so, unless you’re an obvious troll or spammer, I wouldn’t pay much attention to the thumbs if I were you… Just say what you think. After all, that’s what this board is for, right??

I’m just glad to see him doing something resembling service to others after the last little chapter in his life (whether you believe it to be solely for PR or not). In the eyes of those kids, it probably makes them feel good to have a movie star kicking around a ball with them. And that matters.

It looked like the ridiculous sofa for the guests on the One Show got the best of Gerard in that interview. It wasn’t any worse than several other interviews in the past two years. That said, imo he looks to be using again and for that I am very sad.

@Snow Flakes:

That’s a huge, shiny ring on her finger!

Costume jewellery or engagement ring?

Gerard is a damaged soul (like many). It’s disappointing his twitter family member is publicly disowning him because he didn’t “perform” to her standard.

It would be difficult for a stable, healthy person with great support to promote a film where the co-stars flee, and critics are slamming it.

His obnoxious behaviour is a reflex to hide his hurt (not excusing it).

And I also believe his cousin or whomever related, probably by way of his stepdad, was giving him a hard time for making fun of his Rangers team (Zombie talk). Gerard’s stepdad is a Rangers fan.

One last thing is he outed himself on another non-truth when the One Show nailed him on his Celtic fandom, which started when he was in grade school vs. the story we all heard last year about him being a Celtic fan since he was a baby, blah, blah, blah.

@Regarding Thumbs: As I said before, Gerry has been supporting the street league for quite a while.
SNOW FKS and LLL like Regarding Thumbs said, No worries about the thumbs. It just lets people know where your heart is and if it is with the man, good for you. Thought your tweeter posts were so nice and the Russian girls certainly can put it all together. What joy on his face and the kids too.
Somebody is unhappy tonight and obviously not loving life so much.

Snow Flakes @ 12/15/2012 at 1:13 am

Maybe he says comments like the soccer comment and the Poland comment to express his anger at his mom and stepdad for not going to London to be with him for his premiere. I believe he needed them because he was hurting and having a hard time. All this passive aggressive behavior shows his emotional immaturity which I think we all knows he has. Possible if we really listen to him at times we can connect his subtle comments of anger which is why some times some of the things he says don’t make sense to us.
I knew someone like this and it took awhile for me to really find out what he was angry about. I believe Gerry is a very emotionally sensitive person and has been very hurt when he was young and has never learned in a mature way to deal with his anger. IMO

Snow Flakes @ 12/15/2012 at 1:19 am

There is a term for how he cryptically expresses his anger but I can’t think of it right now—-when I do I will pass it along to everyone.

Thanks for the support about the thumbs ladies. :)

Regarding Thumbs @ 12/15/2012 at 1:20 am

@Snow Flakes:

I happen to agree with your assessment. He has admitted in interviews about feeling abandoned by his father, and thus feeling like his mother is his whole world. It only makes sense for him to feel out of sorts when his mother isn’t there for him when he needs her the most… and, judging by his recent actions, he seems to really need her the most right now. His career seems dismal, and he needs some support and real love. Obviously, he can only count on REAL family for this — people who are only out for themselves cannot provide support in dismal times. I have every confidence that Margaret is the type who will come home and do everything in her power. We cannot forget, though, that her power is limited.

Snow Flakes @ 12/15/2012 at 1:24 am

@Breakdown:

I think that is a real ring but not an engagement ring. Possibly donated by a designer for her to wear for the night?

Snow Flakes @ 12/15/2012 at 1:28 am

@Breakdown:

Do we really know the person that made that tweet is really a family member? Or just a lot of competition regarding the soccer teams in Glasgow and they don’t like the team he supports.

Snow Flakes @ 12/15/2012 at 1:40 am

@Regarding Thumbs:

Not to long ago he mentioned that when he went home for his birthday the family sat and watched some of his movies and critique his films. I think that shows that what his family thinks of his career is very important to him. Probably more important than what the fans think. It shows his insecurity and that the support of his famly is very important. Remember he is the younger brother and has probably felt he had to compete with big brother all his life. Which is not uncommon.

Regarding Thumbs @ 12/15/2012 at 1:50 am

@Snow Flakes:

Completely agree. I wholeheartedly think there is something that goes on when he goes on… whether it is real or in his head… to which he compares himself, and decides whether or not he lives up to the expectations of his family. Remember a while back when he was caught by paps going to lunch with his brother/nieces? I really think that meant something to him…Whether it was “see how important I am, bro? They’re papping me at lunch! OR “Mofos, leave me alone while I eat lunch with my fam”… I have ABSOLUTELY no idea… but either way, I think it meant something. Being the youngest, I 100% understand his pov, in trying to prove he is worth something in the eyes of the rest of his fam. I’m in the same situation. The thing of it is, I don’t know if is straight, laced Catholic family feels the same as he does about what ‘success’ means, and how it is demonstrated. I think that very well may be the core problem of his showing-off —- trying to prove ‘success’ in such a way that the rest of his family doesnt consider success.

team butler @ 12/15/2012 at 1:53 am

great charity to be associated with, good on ya gerry!

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1069 » Show All