Gerard Butler: Street League Charity Soccer Training!

Gerard Butler: Street League Charity Soccer Training!

Gerard Butler hits the soccer field for the Street League charity training session on Friday (December 14) in South London, England.

The 43-year-old Scottish actor came out to support the charity which helps to change the lives of disadvantaged young people through the power of the sport.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

Gerard is currently in town promoting his latest flick Playing for Keeps. The previous evening, Gerard attended a special screening for the flick in London.

Playing for Keeps is currently in theaters in the US, and will be released in the UK on January 1!

gerard butler street league charity soccer training 01
gerard butler street league charity soccer training 02
gerard butler street league charity soccer training 03
gerard butler street league charity soccer training 04
gerard butler street league charity soccer training 05

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

1,719 Comments

Pages: « 15 6 7 [8] 9 10 1169 » Show All
Snow Flakes @ 12/15/2012 at 1:56 am

@Regarding Thumbs:

Maybe going home for Christmas without Maddie is planned, so he can go home be with family and his mum to do some healing. Several posters have mentioned that this is what he needs to do and may well be just the thing.
He evidently took Maddie home for his birthday to stroll all the old neighborhoods with her to show her off. I think it is very important for him to have everyone be impressed with the boy from Paisley that made it big. Ego? Maybe. But more than likely, his own insecurity.

Snow Flakes @ 12/15/2012 at 2:13 am

@Regarding Thumbs:

Excellent point. I never thought of it that way. Maybe the family’s idea of success would be for him to be a lawyer in a nice house with a picket fence in Edinburg sp
with a good catholic Scottish woman with two kids a dog and driving a nice car. And/or like big brother on the city council.
It may be very frustrating for him when they don’t understand what all the film business is about. I’m sure their patience can be stretched when he does want to confide in them when he is going through a difficult time like now.

Snow Flakes @ 12/15/2012 at 2:22 am

All my links were provided by WO. Thanks ladies!!!!!

Grace (AKA Regarding Thumbs) @ 12/15/2012 at 2:25 am

@Snow Flakes:

Completely agree. I had been thinking that returning home without her had been planned… tho it had been going through my mind that this had been more on his families plan than his — someone had mentioned that, previously, she had said going to his house was like ‘being at an exam’. Knowing his family is extremely religious and all about education, I personally doubt they would just accept someone like her into their nest. Whoever it was who said they were out walking the streets for his bday instead of being home,it tends to ring true to me — I can’t imagine his Catholic mother welcoming someone like her into their home.

That being said, although I have no proof, I tend to belive that he is going back home (as usual, per his claimings), but she is not invited, as his family doesn’t accept it. I think that, because of this, this is why he doesn’t know where his gf will be for Xmas — he just knows that she will not be at his family’s party, as they have shunned her. This makes sense in my mind, though I welcome other opinions, and I know the story can change at any time… who knows what will come in the next couple of weeks.

Snow Flakes @ 12/15/2012 at 2:36 am

@Grace (AKA Regarding Thumbs):

If his family feels that way about her is another thing that might be putting stress on him. This may be something else they don’t understand about the life style he has chosen for himself. I just know his mum probably knows him better than anyone else and has to deal with his rebelious nature all his life.

Snow Flakes @ 12/15/2012 at 2:37 am

Does anyone know how his college was paid for?

@Snow Flakes:

I understand what you mean. Being the youngest child myself, I understand what it is like, trying to prove yourself to the rest of the family, to the siblings who have gone before you, know more than you do…. Also, being the youngest, you are used to receving the most attention – you are the “baby”, after all! You are the last little one, and therefore, the most pressure to make it is placed on you — the pressure that wasn’t placed on those before you

I absolutely do NOT acknowledge or accept Gerry’s behavior as of late…. I think he is capable of much more, but is more in tune with the attention he is getting. However, despite what others may think, I really do think he is a decent person… maybe not with regards to women (I do think he is a 16 year old in regards to how he treats them), but I think he is really a decent person, in that he TRIES to help others… with this soccer think, with kids kicking cancer, in sponsoring the school in Haiti before the tragedy even hit… I think, though he is clueless,he IS an okay person…. he just doesn’t know what to do with himself. Hopefully he will learn before it’s too late.

@Snow Flakes:

I truly have absolutely no idea, but I’ve recently been looking into college in Ireland, and I know it’s paid for. Is Scotland the same way? Gov pd?

Snow Flakes @ 12/15/2012 at 2:46 am

@Grace:

Wow—Ireland pays—-great! I don’t know about Scotland. I was thinking maybe his father came through for him?
I can only imagine that Maddie’s life style—-career?—would really rub his mum the wrong way.

Snow Flakes @ 12/15/2012 at 2:49 am

@Grace:

Well it was nice talking with you I have to go. Besides it won’t be long before someone posts that all we are doing is babbling and talking nonsence here 24/7.
Good night.

@Snow Flakes:

No idea about Mad’s education, but her being kicked out of school for baring her body, then getting a stream of rich older men… And having no where where she lives, so just living off of older rich men… you can only imagine what a woman who sacrificed to care for her 3 young children would think of a woman like Maddie, who lives off of the success of others….

That’s why I believe G doesn’t know where she will be for Xmas – because she has no plans, and has simply been banned from his home, which has morals….

@Snow Flakes: @Snow Flakes:

Haha – no matter what, there will ALWAYS be someone here who disagrees with what you say… so, don’t take it personally. Keep posting your opinions, else, the trolls and nay sayers win. :) Merry Christmas to all!!

team butler @ 12/15/2012 at 3:27 am

scroll down to pic 21 is this Gerry? thanks for you help peeps

@team butler:
It’s a photo manip. Someone took Gerry’s head (from Beowulf) and put it on someone else’s body.

Gerald butler! Please go away. Your agent apparently forgot to inform you, you are no longer popular. I used to be your number 1 fan . Look at your face! Bloated from too much booze, looking unprofessional most of the time. Yuck….pls go away you are a very bad actor.

just an opinion @ 12/15/2012 at 4:21 am

Given his mother is listed as an associate producer for Playing for Keeps more odd that she was not at his premiere in London. Didn’t hear that she went to the NY Premiere either. What is also odd is that after his mother and stepdad visited him in LA after his stint in rehab, he started to party harder than ever, almost as if he was also giving them the finger.

team butler @ 12/15/2012 at 4:23 am

I thought so , thanks Jax. Thought the head was definately Gerry but I didn’t recognze the rest of the gear from any movie I’ve seen, cheers!

I was thinking did I miss Outlander?, lol.

@Grace: It isn’t or shouldn’t be about winning or losing. This is a thread and ideas and opinions are passed about. I hope that you don’t feel that anyone that doesn’t agree with you is a troll.

Kali Orexi @ 12/15/2012 at 5:09 am

@Grace: If Scottish people go to university in Scotland, the tuition is free.

Kali Orexi @ 12/15/2012 at 5:11 am

@team butler: Yes it is Gerry

christmasfairy @ 12/15/2012 at 5:41 am

@just an opinion:
#191

Glad I’m not the only one who noticed his behaviour/attitude after that LA visit from mum/stepdad earlier in the year.

foreboding @ 12/15/2012 at 5:49 am

@just an opinion:

Does that mean his mother put money into this turkey? Bearing in mind it was filmed nearly two years before its UK release, and followed a GB dry spell after Booty Hunter, how financially challenged is Gerry?

It’s been rather obvious that the quality UK radio and tv outlets are giving him a miss this round of promotion. Along with his costars. All those saying Gerry is just being Gerry are ignoring an elephant in the room. And the fact that the UK public don’t see many of his tv appearances and they don’t know who Gerry is usually, so last night he just looked like a total PR*T. Make all the excuses you like, public perception is key.

christmasfairy @ 12/15/2012 at 6:45 am

@foreboding:
#197
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Exactly. GB is far from a regular on UK TV chat shows or other. This is the second time GB’s been a guest on a UK show this year, and neither time has he given a good account of himself. The Graham Norton show back in January was pre-recorded and heavily edited according to some accounts, and even that didn’t help him. Last night’s show was live and unedited and people on Twitter were reacting to it as happened. Nobody – fan, hater, critic, man-in-the-moon – is trying to destroy GB and his credibility – he’s doing that all by himself. Sorry if that offends anybody.

He wasn't fine @ 12/15/2012 at 6:49 am

He looked like he was on drugs(either prescription or the hard ****) and was showing signs of itching for his next fix. The shakes, the sweating, no eye contact, slurring words.etc,

MY brother is a car crash and has battled drugs most of his adult life so I can spot the signs. My mom is not happy with with him either. He choses trashy girlfriends who can act as participants and a go-between to purchase drugs for him, at least that’s what we suspect. I hope this isn’t the case with Gerard Butler. I hope he gets well soon genuinely.

'The one show' on facebook... @ 12/15/2012 at 7:20 am

Janice Kilmurry
Gerard Butler ….. all the Glasgow zombies cannae wait for your next visit home! maybe you’ve been mixing with the wrong type of zombies for too long….

Pages: « 15 6 7 [8] 9 10 1169 » Show All