Angelina Jolie Directing 'Unbroken', Story of Louis Zamperini

Angelina Jolie Directing 'Unbroken', Story of Louis Zamperini

Angelina Jolie is in final negotiations to direct the upcoming film Unbroken, the story of Olympian-turned-World War II prisoner of war Louis Zamperini, according to Deadline.

“I read Laura Hillenbrand’s brilliant book, and I was so moved by Louie Zamperini’s heroic story, I immediately began to fight for the opportunity to make this film,” the 37-year-old filmmaker said in a statement. “Louie is a true hero and a man of immense humanity, faith and courage. I am deeply honored to have the chance to tell his inspiring story.”

“In her life and in her work, Angelina has embraced stories and causes involving great struggle and triumph over tremendous odds and the basic human condition,” Universal Pictures heads Adam Fogelson and Donna Langley said in a statement. “She has a real ability to illustrate he strength in human spirit which will be essential in telling Lou’s story of survival and great heroism.”

Unbroken will be Angelina‘s second feature as a director after last year’s In the Land of Blood and Honey.

FYI: Today is Angie‘s partner Brad Pitt‘s 49th birthday! Hope it is a great one!

Just Jared on Facebook
Credit: Dan Kitwood; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Angelina Jolie, Unbroken

Getty
  • Disney CEO reacts to Johnny Depp's divorce - US Weekly
  • Sinead O'Connor has been put on suicide watch - TMZ
  • Demi Lovato rants about teens' celeb obsessions - Gossip Cop
  • Taylor Swift goes on another date with Tom Hiddleston - Just Jared Jr
  • Blac Chyna reveals her wedding plans - Radar
  • Michael Strahan gets in a dig at Live! - Huffington Post
  • Can you solve this new celeb blind item? - Lainey Gossip
  • JK Rowling reacts to the shocking news in Britain - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Shreya

Angelina keeps surprising me with her knowledge of brilliant human stories. I never heard about this man and his suffering but now because of Angelina the world and me will get to know a true human beings suffering and the obstacles he overcame to succeed in life. I am proud to be her fan and I hope she will continue to shut up the people who hates with good deeds like this and everything else she does.

Everyone keeps saying that Karma is a Bitch and that Angelina will suffer for allegedly cheating with Brad even though they both denied this and that they only fell in love. Well 8 years on and she keeps going higher and higher and will reach the skies soon. That my dear friends proves without a doubt that she didn’t cheat at all.

Jennifer turned the table on Brad and used the sympathy card and most women believed her. Her professional life is now non existent and she is fading away slowly. Plus her friendship with Chelsea Handler has also proved to those fans that she is not a nice person inside only acts that with the media and her fans.

• Phool

Ssshhii_baby @ 12/19/2012 at 10:12 am
    Waving hi to all the Jolie-Pitt fans from around the world!!! good morning to the lovely lady Phool…how are you this morning? my day off, and hopefully get all the errands done!! Had to check in JJ as part of the morning routine..breakfast, Coffee, JP news..lol..Phool, if anyone with an unbiased opinion would compare the lifestyle brad had w/ the old hag and his life now, they will clearly understand why he moved on..you said it best, his wife Angelina gave him the best present..gift of fatherhood and being in a truly loving and respectful relationship. they compliment each other so well…and, how sexy is it that she is his “bad girl”…oh plz!,,my lovely lady, Phool, lets be a fly on their wall together!!! Lol
    ===========

Hi Ssshhii_ baby

Oh come on dont rubb your day off in anymore thats salt to my wounds im in pain here is my a$$ at work there you are spending your leasure time drinking coffie and enjoying a bit of Brad & Angie so thats not on Shi …but i wont hold grudges you can be my fellow fly on the way and i know both of our fly a$$es will be stuck their for ever i dont care i would refuse to leave lol …… have a great day shi

• Phool

Rose my dear I will post in length to you tomorrow sorry didn’t get that much time to post to every one thanks for the video link by the way you are a star

• thelookoflove1365

Way to go Angie. Based on the quality of her directing of ITLOBH this movie is in good hands. With Angie in the helm, this is one movie that will be worth watching. Can’t wait.

• Passing Through

# 159 Observer2 @ 12/19/2012 at 12:42 pm
    OK. I’m in the middle on answering one now.
    Also, I didn’t think of it that way – that since she’s using UTA for directing she wouldn’t need Geyer to be involved. That makes sense.

• http://none blondie

Happy Birthday to Brad Pitt. I loved watching “Killing Them Softly!!!”

I guess my gift to him would be
    that I wish that he and Angie would watch the movie called
    “Killer Joe” starring Matthew McConaughey rated Very “R”

If anyone has seen this movie,
    I would like them to explain the ending,
    because I am sure that the movie was meant
    for you to form your own conclusions.

This Killer Joe character has converted me
    into a Matthew McConaughey fan, and makes me
    hope and pray that he has not lost too much weight
    in making his new movie.

Oh, Cliniqua-Baby!!!
    Just wait ’til to have seen THIS movie.
    You will be shook up, my love.

• Passing Through

I was just checking the weekly tab covers and I’m ROTFLMAO at OUttaTouch’s psychic’s “predictions” for 2013. Sounds very much like the same shite they’ve been writing for the last 8 years. That new editor from Peeps is doing a great job at rehabbing OuttaTouch’s bullshittedness and loathsomeness. NOT! LOL! If Brad’s “bored” with Angie and the kids, then I’ll be the next Queen of England. And, as Prissy said, “Ticky don’t know nothin’ ’bout birthin’ no babies, Miss Scarlett!”
    A new year is coming up, so what’s in store for celebs? Celebrity psychic-medium Thomas John talks to In Touch about what we can expect from Hollywood in 2013.
    Although there will be no wedding bells for Kimye, there is going to be reason to celebrate for Jen Aniston! According to Thomas, Jennifer has some very exciting news to share in the new year.
    “She’s going to be talking about babies and a pregnancy,” says the psychic. “It’s going to be like the early part of next year.”
    And while Jennifer will be enjoying baby bliss for the first time in 2013, we had to ask Thomas what he sees in store for Jen’s former lover, Brad Pitt.
    For Brad, it seems that there will be less to celebrate. “He’s kind of looking for a change,” Thomas reveals.
    But what about his engagement to Angelina Jolie? “Even right now, (it’s) something I’m picking up from him. I feel like he’s kind of faking it, like he’s bored. But he’s kind of just sticking with it.”

• groundcontrol

I told you all before Ben Whishaw would be fantastic as Zamperini. He looks young enough (Zamperini was mid to late 20s during the war), he’s thin enough with a runner’s body, and he’s an impressive actor.
    Whishaw is in The Hour (BBC) and is presently Q in Skyfall (new James Bond). He has the oddly distinct look of someone from that WW II era. People need to forget Jake G. and the usual suspects. Zamperini was an Italian American who came up the hard way from being in trouble as a youth to being an Olympic runner and then into service.
    I am very excited about the film because in the last few years I have renewed my interest in WW II history (one of my undergrad majors was history) and because my father was a B17 flyer in the Pacific during the war and had been at Clark Air Field (Philippines) when it was bombed a few hours after Pearl Harbor. My father was a very, very lucky man to escape being shot down or killed. I am so sorry my dad died before the internet was full of all the reminescing & reunions for WW II vets that have been taking place courtesy of the internet.
    Angis smart. WW II holds thousands of fascinating stories and so many people we can never honor enough by ensuring present and future generations know their stories. I am also currently catching up on the courageous women of the S.O.E. (the British Special Operations Executive) who worked behind the zi lines in Europe during the war. There have been a few movies about them notably Charlotte Gray.

• Oh Boy…

Angelina needs to GIVE UP and go away and shrivel up.
    no one is listening/intrested.
    in her silly little projects.
    Apart from her deluded devoted fans,of course.

• groundcontrol

@Passing Through:
    Jennifer has some very exciting news to share in the new year. . . .

##########################
    It’s going to be like the early part of the next year? ROTFLMAO!! Ticky talking about having babaies and pregnancy? I think he means it’s going to be EXACTLY like the last 12 years!
    Aren’t these mags embarrassed to put in “psychic” predictions yet? I mean this is so 1970s. Jean Dixon is long dead. And still wrong.

• Nina

Im a Angie fan. and can I just say,can you guys stop talking about Jennifer. start talking about Angie,more. It makes us fans look like we can let the past go. Thanx.
    Happy Birthday Brad :)

• cee

Again the haters!!!!!!!!! Angie owns them. The so fear her success st anything. Go Angie and Brad stay as truly happy as you are. Dream on haters

• busted

@Nina:

It would be nice if fans like you posted more and contributed to the conversation. I talk about Jenny poo on occasion like I do any number of topics. But if you are forever lurking and not posting then don’t tell people what to talk about. Post more. Find things about Angie or Brad and share. I don’t see you or the other “fans” that don’t like the Jennifer talk doing that. I do see certain fans that are always searching for news articles and videos and tweets.

and maybe you should talk to the nasty Jennifer fans trashing angie and brad. Where is you passion against that. I never hear the “fans” tired of the Jennifer talk saying anything about the hate against this couple.

Why is the case?

I will await reading your reply.

• Rose

@Passing Through: Hi PT, I believe you have come to the wrong conclusion re Brad and the what he psychic had to say. First, I’m making it crystal clear about believing anything those people have to say. I’ve never heard of this man pridicting the shooting in Newtown, the super hurricane sandy, ect.

I did remember Brad saying he wanted to do other things that he’s interested in and do less and less before the camera. So if he bored with the movies he did say he’s taking stock because his time is limited. And he wanted to spend more time with his kids because they grow up so fast, so family is the most important thing in his life now.

• Richard P

OMG GO Angie

Good Luck

I love her

• briseis

@Passing Through: Bwahahahaha! These so-called “psychics” have been saying these bullcaca since 2005. Back then Ticky was still with VV, then Sculfor, Mayer, etc etc etc. They all said the same thing, Ticky is excited, glowing, pregnant while Brad is bored, only sticking around because of the kids, and this was before Pax and the twins. Can’t they change their shtick a little bit? Who thinks Ticky has an exciting lifestyle? After a while, Meheeco, a*s*s & c*o*o*c*h show and the coke and toke would get boring esp if one is of a restless nature like Brad seems to have.

• Premalee

@PT – #166

From another gossip site.

Angie’s movie – TW – IFC 81 – ‘Playing by Heat” – 3:30 to 6:00 p.m.

• Rose

@Premalee: Hello my dear Premelee, thank you so much for the link. I still come back to my original belief, these people must be held responsible for their behavior and the families need to listed to the professionals. when they are told file charges so they can be taken in for evaluation, file the charges. Eg, he tried to kill me, he threatened me with a knife, he tried to burn the house down. Parents constantly believe my child cannot survive in a Psyc hospital. Yes, they can. This is just the simple version. I know it’s not an easy road to travel but parents must listen to the cops and the
    health professional and there would be a marked decline in violence.

• claire

Are you sure brad and angie are not together oh his b-day? they dont even know you…

• who

Is there anything this woman can’t do? Angelina’s middle name is “multi-talented”.

• umm

I am sure Angie and kids were celebrating Brad’s birthday. It sucks to be Maniston hens. Brad and Angie are always winning.

• So

This is a great news.I guess they will be filming in Japan.

• LOL

Whamo @ 12/19/2012 at 2:21 pm

You really wish they weren’t together for his birthday, like Ticky’s paid gigglo was off playing with his friends while she was filming for months.Right? But guess what Brad and Angie are together and were together for his birthday as always.ROTFLMAO Hurt much?

• LOL

Whamo @ 12/19/2012 at 2:21 pm

You really wish they weren’t together for his birthday, like Ticky’s paid gigglo was off playing with his friends while she was filming for months.Right? But guess what Brad and Angie are together and were together for his birthday as always.ROTFLMAO Jealous much?Guess Fat Female groups and Fat Dlisted women really really want JP’s pics.Missed them much?hahaha Or You are afraid they get married while they are not pictured for a while.rotflmao

• Ssshhii_baby

Whamo= JL =Just LOSER …the FAT tranny retardiston

• briseis

How come the baddies (aka fanistons, jenhens) have a problem when Angelina is attached to a project … Yet are mum when other mothers like Jennifer Gardner, Heidi Klum, Jessica Alba are also working on their movies, projects, home businesses, etc. These are mothers with multiple kids like the JPs. But no one gives them flack for working, while Angie who works once a year on movies is given so much grief? Boy, their jealousy is really so obvious.

BTW, I am so glad I read about Angie doing this movie … Now I know what to give to someone who is so hard to shop for … the book Unbroken sounds so inspiring.

• a lurker

KTS domestic box office almost reaches its budget $15 million. Foreign box office is almost $20 Million. Total is about $34 million currently. KTS will open in Japan next April. KTS is doing good.

• Passing Through

# 169 groundcontrol @ 12/19/2012 at 1:45 pm
    # 175 briseis @ 12/19/2012 at 2:17 pm
    I was laughing because it’s carefully worded so that he’s not saying that Ticky’s going to be talking about having a baby HERSELF…just that she’d be talking about babies and pregnancies. Why would next year be any different from any other since Friends blew up? Yet another year will pass without her squeezing a human being out of her barren womb but she’ll spend plenty of time flapping her jaws talking about babies – mainly to deny tab stories saying she’s having one….

• thelookoflove1365

@reply | Flag This
    # 166 Passing Through @ 12/19/2012 at 1:24 pm +4

—————–
    LOL! If that guy is truly a psychic, why didn’t he purchased the winning lotto ticket for $500M? So he can stop making a living on BS prediction. This psychic read Brad’s interviews and based his prediction on interviews. Brad gets bored doing the same thing over and over, hence, he accepts roles that creatively challenged him. He is not bored with his family. No one gets bored with family. Geeez, family is not a hobby that one discards when one gets bored;
    Brad loves dealing with the daily chaoes it brings. Shrugs at the reality of messy living quarters cuz of small children. That’s life. He accepts it and enjoys it. One can see how happy he is about his home life. He smiles/grin when he talk about his children.
    Unlike X who describe children as messy, AB loves the mess that comes with having children.
    And of course, X will be talking about babies and pregnancy. It’s expected! Her camp will plant and deny pregnancies, hence, talking about babies and pregnancy. Some of the posters here already predicted that, and they don’t claim to be psychic, and did not get paid by tabs.
    Also, too (Palinesque speaking) with X’s advance age, I think she is not thinking about having kids. Her doctor’s will prolly advice her against it specially a first baby at such an advance age.

• Yoco

On Katie Couric special tonight a comic jokes Justin Theroux is French for “Not as hot as Brad Pitt” LOl I’m so proud of Angie directing a film that will bring attention to to this inspiring man rather than directing some fluff project. I remember the stupid rumors about her being interested in directing 50 Shades of Grey HaHaHa

• Yoco

@Passing Through: PT Aniston is pregnant with twins a boy and a girl. It’s on the cover of notOK Magazine LOl Gotta Go. Ignore the troll on duty

• Passing Through

# 176 Premalee @ 12/19/2012 at 2:17 pm
    Astrology “psychics” crack me up. OMG!Yahoo says -
    Using the exact minute each person was born and in what city, she was able to chart which planets were where at that moment, which influences their lives.
    She then says this about Brad –
    “They will be in the news in April, and May even more,”
    Ummm…did she make this prediction before or after looking up WWZ’s June 21 release date at BOM? Oy vey…

• Whamo

who @ 12/19/2012 at 2:35 pm

=================================================
    She can’t not star in flops

She can’t weigh over an unhealthy 100lbs

She can’t get married

She can’t get Brad’s Mom to not HATE her

She can’t get Brad to love her

She can’t stop these useless UN PR tours that do nothing at all but make loons think she isn’t the useless fame HO she is

She can’t direct for sh i t

She can’t help the fact she messed around with a married man

She can’t help she has no friends…at all.

She can’t help the fact she ruined Brad’s image and made him the laughing stock of HW

She can’t help the fact she’ll never get married.

She can’t wear any other colour but black 95% of the time

She can’t french kissing her brother

She can’t help her dad HATES her and think she has mental problems

She can’t help she has a mans jaw and a big giant vein that camps out on her forehead.

She can’t help that despite the fact she broke up a marrige 8 years ago her loyal loons can’t seem to let it go and are always comparing every single thing she does to Jen even though I’m sure they’ve all moved on.

She can’t help the fact both she and Brad are yesterday’s faded out stars.

She can’t help the fact the Brad’s friend George still has a great career, picks smart movies and is a bona fide world wide movie star whos star power unlike Brad’s is as strong as ever.

She can’t get married….oh wait I already said that one.

Her middle name is ugly bobble head

• Whamo

LOL @ 12/19/2012 at 2:43 pm

Whamo @ 12/19/2012 at 2:21 pm

==================================================
    Once again the Loons ability to drag “Ticky’s” name into everything is amazing. What may I ask does “Ticky” have to do with anything? Was I talking about “Ticky” You people really need to let the whole “ticky” thing go and concentrate on trying to figure out why Brad won’t marry Heroina, why Heroina’s movies BOMB, why Heroina can’t direct, why anything she DOES direct will Bomb, and why she’s killed Brad career,

• claire

@whamo
    why are so obsessed with angelina?
    why cant you get not over it…
    why cant you accept brad proposed to her?
    why cant you accept that they will be getting married?
    why?

• an opinion

Psychics are like tabloids. They throw around enough trash and hope that something becomes true. Then they remind people of that one thing forever but don’t talk about the other millions of things they got wrong.

• Eva

HW studios know who has talents who doesn’t. Brad and Angie got to work with top directors or lead big budget movies while Maniston got stupid rom-com.

• Observer2

LMAO! Someone is having a meltdown. Probably because their name goes out on a whimper. Such a try hard.

• an opinion

Too much attention is being given to this troll. You know all it wants is attention.

• queen jolie

i don’t know if i will be happy with this news, i prefer angie to star in a movie than to direct.how i wish she will direct a movie she will also star.congrats anyway.

• No, It’s not. People hate KTS

a lurker @ 12/19/2012 at 3:16 pm
    No, it’s not.
    Almost nobody liked it.
    Less than 1 million in Brazil, awful.
    Move on.
    And I don’t know about Angie directing.
    BO for ITLBH was awful too..

• thelookoflove1365

LOL, a big meltdown indeed. These haters/trolls are funny in a creepy kinda way. Hates the JPS but can’t stay from their thread. Matter of fact, these losers are the first to comment on the JPs threads. All the time! They must have Goggle alert for any JPs news. Now, that’s the height of lunacy.
    They also hates the JPs movies, yet they go watch their movies, then come here and post their so called reviews. And then neglect to watch X’s movies ensuring it will bomb in the bo. At least the Jps movies are critically acclaimed. Hates the JPs charity works, but praised X’s silent/anonylous (wink) donation(s). Nutcases, these trolls.

• megatit

Lol Whamo. You forgot:
    She can’t help but be the same vixen hor-goddess in every role
    She can’t stop embarrassing herself because she truly believes she is a vixen hor-goddess
    She can’t accept the fact that she still has mental problems
    She can’t stop lying about her talents ie writing an entire script in a weekend while suffering from the flu
    She can’t control the fact that Brad is miserable with her and has let himself go
    She can’t do anything about the Vein of Slutt that marks her like the scarlet letter.

• Whamo

claire @ 12/19/2012 at 3:49 pm

@whamo
    why are so obsessed with angelina?…….I’m not, sitting on a site ONLY talking about Heroina, Brad and Ticky for 8 years is obsessed as you loons have proven. 2/3 of all the comments on this site are the ramblings about the same people by the same people, THAT’S obsessed!

why cant you get not over it…….get over what?

why cant you accept brad proposed to her…I have no problem with that

why cant you accept that they will be getting married….the same reason you can’t accept they won’t

These two will never be married,

Why aren’t they already married? They’ve been together for 8 years and you LOONS say they are madly in love. You’d have people believe these two are in love as no other human beings could possibly be in love. The sun rises and sets on their loving hearts and angels sing only for them YET…8 years, no marriage, no date, no sign they ever WILL be married only empty hollow words said to appease the freaks that follow them so they can sell more product.

• Happy Birthday, Brad!

I’ bet Angie & the kids made a wonderful celebration for Brad’s special day! I’m not sure if this was posted yet:

• megatit

The reason she fought for this follow up bomb is because it’s sappy enough to invite awards and recognition, which she LIVES for. The last bomb didn’t quite do the trick. And what happened to slowing down so she could spend more time with her children? Lying ho.

• claire

@ whamo
    well, accept that they will,,, not married? well i guess you just did not anticipated that brad will proposed to angie… and that’s what you dont want to accept..
    you mentioned that, its not a problem to you if they are engaged, so why dont you accept if they will be getting married soon?

• empty pill bottles

Ah, looks like tiny stolen troll boy ran away to dumpster dive & stalk Heidi B, so leathery old fat tick manny has nothing else to do but humiliate herself with paid pap parades, planting & denying “news”, and posting lies about the JPs- same old, same old- eight years plus. Congrats to Angie on her director job- so young & so much talent- no wonder Brad is always so very proud of her!

• Rose

Wow, someone is really losing it’s mind. lol.

• hehehe

Maniston hens are losing their shiit. hehehe