Leonardo DiCaprio & Carey Mulligan: 'Great Gatsby' Posters & New Trailer!

Leonardo DiCaprio & Carey Mulligan: 'Great Gatsby' Posters & New Trailer!

Check out these just released character posters of Leonardo DiCaprio and Carey Mulligan for their new film The Great Gatsby!

Tobey Maguire, Joel Edgerton, and Isla Fisher are all featured on their own posters as well.

Here’s the film’s synopsis: Nick Carraway (Maguire), a Midwesterner now living on Long Island, finds himself fascinated by the mysterious past and lavish lifestyle of his neighbor, Jay Gatsby (DiCaprio). He is drawn into Gatsby’s circle, becoming a witness to obsession and tragedy.

The Great Gatsby hits theaters on May 10, 2013. Make sure to check out the new trailer for the film below!

New “Great Gatsby” Trailer
leonardo dicaprio carey mulligan great gatsby character posters 01
leonardo dicaprio carey mulligan great gatsby character posters 02
leonardo dicaprio carey mulligan great gatsby character posters 03
leonardo dicaprio carey mulligan great gatsby character posters 04
leonardo dicaprio carey mulligan great gatsby character posters 05

Getty

Man, Leo looks so good!

I swore that it was coming on on Christmas… Did they push back the date for a particular reason?

Carey looks amazing.

CanadaGirl @ 12/19/2012 at 7:41 pm

Great posters, and they pick up on the design technique/pattern that’s reminiscent of the 30s.
@Ashley: the movie was pushed back awhile ago. I can’t recall what the official reason was, but I think the consensus on the board was that there were too many big movies coming out over Christmas. I personally thought that The Hobbit probably made execs a little nervous.

@Ashley:

The date was pushed back in September.

CanadaGirl @ 12/19/2012 at 7:44 pm

The character captions are interesting too. They definitely tell you how Baz was leaning in his interpretation.

Why on earth did you leave out Jordan Baker’s character poster? Jordan is a very important character in the story and the poster and the actress playing her looked stunning. So lazy, JJ.

Still not 100% on Leo as Jay, if it ever belonged to anyone it’s Ryan Gosling, but Leo always turns in great performances. Maybe even Joseph Gordon Levitt as Nick. Carey & Isla look incredible though and I love Baz Lurhmann’s work and the first trailer looked fantastic.

they look great:)

That’s the DiCaprio movie I am looking forward to. Not the Django one.

whoever chose the music for this trailer needs to lose their job

this is one badass trailer!!! 0.o

Baz Lurhman’s last decent film was Romeo and Juliet. Since then, he’s really only directed one film: The Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras I, II, III, etc

@mel: Unfortunately, it’s not just a person choosing the music for the trailer, apparently Jay-Z is providing the soundtrack for the whole film! What a disaster. Marie Antoinette, this is not. Will see it for Carey and Joel.

And yes, Jordan Baker’s poster was easily the best (and least embarrassing). Shame you left her out.

oh my good Leo looks SO hot….those shoulders when he’s in the swimming pool….i cant even

OVARY EXPLOSION!!

Cannot wait for this like holy shizz

EnglanGirl @ 12/19/2012 at 9:06 pm

Wait hold on I just realized…….we get to see Leo in 3D?!?!!

Odisflower @ 12/19/2012 at 9:12 pm

This may sound a little weird but Leo has the sexiest hands!! The’re so big and the shape of them is just so….hot….:D

That smile Leo <3 In the immortal words of Fitgerald – In his first direct contact with Gatsby, Nick notices his extraordinary smile—“one of those rare smiles with a quality of eternal reassurance in it.”

soundtrack @ 12/19/2012 at 9:21 pm

I actually really like the soundtrack

o-m-g
Mr.Gatsby looks gorgeous ;)

I am gonna watch this movie over and over again :D
nay sayers and haters can go sulk at the corner haha

I saw Leo in person last month in a restaurant in downtown NY, and I just have to say the camera and film do this man no justice he is STUNNING in person like actually stunning it honestly truely shocked me cause I only ever thought he was meh but oh how wrong I was all my friends agreed also. His friends who he was dinning with however, not so flawless. Anyway this trailer looks great, that is one of my favourite novels hope Baz does it justice.

SOundtracklover @ 12/19/2012 at 9:32 pm

@soundtrack:
1-No church in the wild- Jayz, kanye feat frank ocean
2-Bedroom Hymns-Florence and the machine
3- Happy together (The turtles cover)- Filter
Enjoy!!! =D

I like Joel Edgerton. I didn’t realize he was in this. They are promoting this film pretty early no? Django isn’t even out yet.

Why did they have to choose dancers who look and act like hookers? This is no Fitzgerald era, for sure

@#29
that’s unfortunately Lurhmann’s signature. Let’s just hope

…let’s just hope it won’t look like a burlesque show.

Thanks Jared @ 12/19/2012 at 10:45 pm

I can’t wait to see the chemistry between Leo and Carey. She is such a good actress. Her roles are always very substantial, just like Leo’s.

so Baz Luhrmann,so Romeo + Juliet!love it!

@Ashley:
I think because it had problems and wasn’t good enough for a xmas release.

Leo expired a while ago. Now he needs a spray tan and make up to look decent

Waiting for this fantastic movie!!

I’m so pumped to see this movie ahhh!! Leo is one sexy Gatsby!!! His smile literly melts me to mush. For all of you who are complaining about the soundtrack, this is Baz Lurhmann!! It’s a modern take on a classic story.

This is going to be awesome!!

@Martha

to the left to the left
haters to the left

#37 is that Jack Dawson? hehe

@Ashley:

They pushed it back because they wanted it to be shown in 3D, which was a “last minute” decision by the studio… Personally I think it would be better shown in its regular 2D state… It’d be a better experience

#38 I am surprise he got some muscles,I thought he is lazy to work out haha
#39 He is wearing army uniform *drool*
#42 Cheers Leo~

I never was a fan of Fitzherald’s work, and I dont understand why Gatsby considered great piece of work and studied in American school.
I have read three novels of his, and the only one I think deserves attention is “Tender the Night”.
Anyway, after watching this trailer, I can say this is not how I imagine that era and most of the cast.
Nick (Tobey Maguire) – was a nice, down to earth fellow, in my opinion, what may characterized him most of all is his inner kindness and loyalty, and compassion. Tobey is not even close to this image, and actually he never was in any of his movies. Always a weird look, poker face with traveling smirk.
Tom (Joel Edgerton) – was reckless, unconcerned, always relaxed wealthy, young brat. What else you can think of him, if after Gatsby revealing his affair with Gaisy, he put them together in one car? Joel looks older, always strained, suspicious, with a killer look.
Daisy (Carey Muligan) – maybe she is good at embodying woman-child, but doesnt have that empyreal, gorgeous, beautiful look, that Fitzheral’s Daisy had.
Gatsby (Leo Dicaprio) – can be good as Gatsby in terms of appearance, but this is all. I can not believe that Dicaprio’s Gatsby can be so deeply obsessed with his desire to possess Daisy by all means. He doesn’t have that drive and passion, his eyes are empty.
He is more “Do you want to go to bed with me?”, “No?”, “No problem, see you later”, rather than making such sacrifices?
As I said I am not a fan of Fitzheralnd novels, but even here I prefer to keep the image of the novel how I see it and not how Baz wants me to see it, in his exaggerated, burlesque way with a bad casting.

I dropped my milk.

this movie is going to flop so badly. Can’t wait!

3D won’t enhance this film much, but it will enhance the cost of the ticket. I don’t see films in 3D unless it absolutely must be seen in 3D to be enjoyed fully. I think Gatsby will give the same experience in 2D as it will in 3D. They are bumping up the production cost for something that will provide little overall value to the film. I am more likely to see this film over that Django mess. We’ll see how it is.

98% on Rotten Tomatoes – Django is a success. WEIRDO FAILS AGAIN!

oh haters
it must be hard to see someone they hate so successful

Whoever thought Carey Mulligan was Daisy Buchanan was on meds.
Did anybody in HW read the book? As a summer release this will Bomb.

Teens take over the box office and no teen will go to see this.

Ahahaha, you listen to Rotten Tomatoes? There’s your first problem right there. We’ll see how box office does when word gets out that it’s not that great. It’s not a success until people actually pay money to go see it. :)

I find it VERY interesting that my comment got thumbs down but the one right above it that didn’t say anything positive about the film didn’t get any LOL. Nice fake trolls you got there Jared. You might want to figure out a way to thumbs down your own fake trolls. :) Merry Christmas.

It means someone is targeting you and refreshing the page to thumb you down multiple times, that’s all. Very easy to do. This isn’t a real message board. The first two pages are mostly trolls, good or bad. After that, no one cares except the handful of regulars who like to argue or hold grudges.

seriously @ 12/22/2012 at 3:25 pm

The soundtrack is cool. Anyone who is says otherwise is a L-oser. It’s also actually very fitting. Don’t quit your day job.

seriously @ 12/22/2012 at 3:29 pm

#29 You are embarassingly ignorant of the cultural context of the Roaring Twenties. Or in your words ‘Fitzgerald era’. There’s nothing more annoying than an ignorant person who thinks they are really smart.

seriously @ 12/22/2012 at 3:38 pm

Your following comments under a different username to support your original statement are transparent. Although all your comments are transparent you are just the only person who isn’t aware. I know you are slow, but try to put two and two together to spare yourself any more embarassment.

Oh so it’s personal. OK. I thought they were looking at content and I’m actually surprised there are more negative comments here about Gatsby than there were for Django. But I didn’t see those people getting attacked for having an opinion…..

seriously @ 12/22/2012 at 4:55 pm

Ignorant the way you write “attack” as though that isn’t exactly what you do on every one of Leonardo DiCaprio’s threads . Though I will lower myself to your mentality and inform you that my comments are my opinion and you are in fact attacking me by saying I am attacking you for sharing my opinion.

seriously @ 12/22/2012 at 4:59 pm

Also, you replied under the wrong username ;)

about margot @ 12/23/2012 at 5:06 am

About leo and margot;

margot was spotted yesterday here at the golden coast in australia ,there are even pictures of her shopping at sephora in the local newspaper , leo was seen parting in new york with kevin connolly ,so i don’t think that they are together nor that they will spend the holidays together!!;)

@seriously – Are you talking to me? Stop making stuff up. I only post as Weirdo and I do all my replies as Weirdo with the @ symbol so everyone knows it’s me. OK ‘seriously’ = LEDA.

Leo is hanging with his pals again. Was there a mob of models there to make them look legit?

@Weirdo: Sure, ‘seriously’ is me. I’m everyone here even you. Whatever helps you dealing with the fact that nobody likes you…

seriously @ 12/24/2012 at 1:00 am

Your ego is so big you can’t even consider more than one person would oppose you. The most insane part is you insist on posting these comments consisting purely of fabricated nonsense while everyone watches on, knowing full well who you are. Honestly, I would let you carry on embarassing yourself for the sheer entertainment of it but I would like to visit and comment on Leonardo DiCaprio’s threads without being reminded of your sad existence.

What’s that sound? Oh, it’s the sound of a crazy person…..Leda.
And ALL the other people, OMG there are so many other people that oppose me I just can’t take it. I really think I’m going to have a mental crisis because NOBODY likes me in the whole wide world. OMG what am I going to do? I am so embarrassing to myself, OMG, I’m so worried about the lies Leda is telling everyone, she actually thinks all those ‘other’ posters are also ME. Because there is ONLY one person in the whole wide world that doesn’t like Leo, or his upcoming movies. Oh yes, that’s it. That must be it. She and EVERYONE knows exactly who I am, that’s why all my comments that say Weirdo get thumbed down, but the ones that are also SUPPOSEDLY me, don’t get thumbed down. Isn’t that right?
Hmmm, let’s think about that logically for a minute. If all those other people are me, why aren’t you bothering them as well since they are also me, and why aren’t they getting as many thumbs down, since EVERYONE knows that supposedly those people are ALSO me, according to you?
Once again your logic doesn’t add up. You are wrong. The more you bother me the worse it will get. Because yes, it’s funny that MY existence here is sad…..when apparently you are here as well. What does that say about you?
Hmmmm, looks like I’m going to have to make an appearance on the soulmate thread and start wrecking some havoc over there.
I will tell everyone it is your fault. :)
Merry Christmas. :)

So let’s talk about Django nonsense. The worst Christmas movie to ever be released on Christmas day. Tarantino needs a new creative angle. Seriously. I already know what the film is about because it is like a carbon copy of his previous films only in a different setting with different actors. I don’t know why pundits are lying to the public and saying this is ‘highly anticipated.’ I don’t know ANYONE that’s anticipating it at all. In fact, there are reports saying advance ticket sales for Les Mis for Christmas Day on fandango are much higher than for Django. So much for being so anticipated. Not only that, I’ve been reading AWFUL reviews. Once you get outside of the Hollywood bubble and paid shills who write crap for places like rotten tomatoes and read reviews from newspapers around the country and people who aren’t rubbing elbows with Hollywood insiders, the reviews are pretty much exactly what I expect them to be. Same ole Tarantino, film too long, too violent and not likely to make any meaningful contribution to your life other than perhaps, making you sick to your stomach after watching all that blood and gore after you ate your Christmas dinner.

Thought I’d visit…big mistake, anyway, trailer looks great, can’t wait to see it! Merry Christmas everyone from down under x

What makes me ‘crazy’? Other than responding to you? If anyone here is crazy, that’s you sweetie. This is my second post on this thread, deal with it. I said everything I had to say to you. I don’t need a diff. screen name to tell you that again. Maybe you should consider the fact that more than one person is tired of you and the crazy sounds see actually in your head.
I didn’t give you any reason to comment on me like that. It’s your theory that I post under diff. names and when I give you a sarcastic response I’m crazy. Keep posting stuff like that so everyone can see how messed up you are. It shows your character….

*the crazy sounds ARE actually…

I bet there are people who don’t like Leo and his upcoming movies but unlike you they don’t spend their lives whining about it!

Blah blah blah as usual
Is this what it takes for you guys to get site hits and page refreshes?
What, are you given a commission based on the number of comments per thread?
You didn’t like me when I was nice.
Now you don’t like me when I have other things to say.
Which is it?
Not getting enough page hits to keep your day jobs?

You know, Leo is spending an awful lot of time with his pals. And a few that day also rumored to be gay as well….Jamie Foxx, Bradley Cooper.
I bet Kevin C. is the boy toy for Leo for the holidays. ;-)

@All of us @ 12/24/2012 at 3:36 pm

@Weirdo: Wierdo,dear this is christmas and new year, so let’s be nicer and big_hearted more than before,( I’m saying this to all of us not just to you so don’t get me wrong). you are trying to keep being negative even in these great happy times, it’s defenetly so sad to see someone in the dark side, just show your heart ‘s light, if you can’t be positive with leo so just pass him and be with the people you love, not because of us, dear because of youeself, you and everyone deserve to have life and heart full of love,peace and diven love!
just sayin’ by all my best wishes for you and everyone in around the world! marry christmas and happy new year everybody!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Anbody following enty there is an obvious leo miranda blind bt I question accuracy. I believe maybe they are messing around or flirtingbehind the scenes- but I doubt either is serious in fact if leo did tell her she wouldhave to give up custody I woukdbet it would be toslow her ride not encourage her…she is an idiot though like enty said. Shell get hurt worse than meg ryan

Ladies start your engines!

Mitchell Gossett‏@mitchellhg- 11:06 PM – 24 Dec 12
Hollywood Xmas eve dinner – im at mr chows in Beverly Hills sitting across from Leonardo DiCaprio

Christmas Charistmas Chrissstmassss

There were several tweets and tweet photos of Leo with friends in a restaurant in LA on Christmas Eve.
According to Page Six he is Cabo-bound for New Year’s Eve.

… i was going to post that NYPost is reporting that Leo as well as G. Clooney are expected in Cabo for the New Year’s Eve.
I wonder what new early twentish VS catalogue flavour Leo will be with?

Hey Merry Christmas to you guys!
I’m excited about The Great Gatsby.I’ve got the novel on my kindle,and I’m going to try to read it before May.lol!
Didn’t the Post say that last year,but he ended up in Montana and LA?I guess we will have to wait and see.

@85: Yeah, the question is who’s gonna be the companion…
But Vagabond is right. Last year Page Six had a Leo sighting in Cabo but he was in LA on New Year’s Eve so we will see. NYE in Cabo does sound a lot like Leo so it might happen.

Cabo by himself or with tobe et al.

However the reason he’s been in nyc for so long was the *******-cam’ miranda and the strippers. I bet miranda has the pole position behind the scenes but won’t make it out of the closet and into the sunlight with him.usually I am right about him but wish I wasn’t

by himself? I doubt that. I’m sure there’s some young naive model/actress he met recently who will be more than happy to act like his new toy or lapdog.

So any time soon we might see his new flavour of the season wearing a Jennifer Meyer necklace? LOL. I am just curious to see who will she be?

@89: Either a new toy or at least a bunch of models… I also doubt he would go without some sort of companion.

Tis the season. LOL. I don’t hear anyone saying they went to see Django. Hello? I thought you guys were fans?!!! I went to the movies yesterday and saw the Great Gatsby trailer. It looked decent.

@92
i am a fan, but i said it many times, Django does not interest me at all. I can’t stand Tarantino and Foxx gives me pimples just to look at him. but I will be more than glad to watch Gatsby.

Maybe some ppl spend the past couple of days with their families instead of going to see that movie right away. That doesn’t make anyone any less of a fan. I’m going Saturday night instead of Christmas Day. Also why would anyone come here to talk about his new movie? These threads are filled with ( your ) negativity. It seems like you are asking for ppl to attack you.

Blind Item
So, the sexy photo sent to all her followers? The very sexy one. The one where she would be naked in under 30 seconds that the A list actor boyfriend bought her. He took the photo. Yet she says she and her husband are still together.

@95: This is the site with the made up blinds, isn’t it? Has any of their blinds ever turned out to be true? This one is just a little too obvious for me to take it seriously!

I not buying these blinds.Someone pointed out that the lingerie Miranda is wearing in the picture is the exact same stuff that all the vs angels are wearing in their Christmas video.@Leda: I’m betting a group of models.lol
I personally don’t go out on Christmas so I didn’t see Django.I’ll probably go later,I’m more of a matinee person.I’m glad to see it did well even without my money.

Jared has new photos of Miranda and Orlando with their son in L.A.
No need to elaborate the false rumors between Miranda and Leo.

tinkerbell @ 12/26/2012 at 8:39 pm

Is this what it takes for you guys to get site hits and page refreshes?
What, are you given a commission based on the number of comments per thread?

-uh, weirdo, it is something like that. Its adira ronen at ronenhilel.com-plus others. She does get paid for it, but she isnt the only one here. We’ve been on to it since 2009. There is always some weird slant from the barf squad, then I think JJ himself salts the field or posts as “Dieter.”

This is old news for the rest of us but I hope you find it interesting.

tinkerbell @ 12/26/2012 at 8:44 pm

@????: I think a couple things about the CDAN situation. First of all, enty is getting a lot more traffic now that Ted C is out of business online. So to keep traffic rolling, he makes up blinds. They are pretty easy to do you know. I think SOME of them he makes up kind of like a rorshach test-they are more of a test of what the general public is thinking than what he thinks—just throw a lot of splatter up and see if it sticks. Also, there are just way too many of them.

However, since some are revealed later and are totally credible and/or right I think in this case it is a mix of truth and fairy tales. Enty no longer has the disclaimer, and I think SOME are probably true, not that he has first hand knowledge, but I think people email him, both falsely and truly and that a bunch of them are flacks, etc, just like with perez hilton, ted, lainey, etc.

tinkerbell @ 12/26/2012 at 8:47 pm

@Fan: Who knows what they are, only time will tell. I really dont want leo to be so sleazy that he would break up a marriage with a toddler for chrissakes…that really does hurt. And I think Orly is really a catch and a nice guy, and there is a little boy involved. The miranda/leo rumors have been really,really gross but somehow also credible. I just hope its not true. OK, I mean I know there will be another bimbo along but just dont want to see him screw up a child’s life.

tinkerbell @ 12/26/2012 at 8:48 pm

@@tink: or someone down there. Its easy for him…

It’s what I expected. Django is not that appealing for Leo’s true fanbase. He’s trying to branch out. So I’m not surprised the die-hards haven’t seen it yet. If it was Gatsby, die-hards would have taken all of their relatives that came over for dinner to go see it on Christmas Day.
@tinkerbell – Yeah it can be pretty obvious sometimes, the bot/comment spamming. No surprise there either.
I don’t know what to make of the rumors. Orlando/Miranda just doesn’t seem right to me….I do believe they are having problems. I think right now any woman seen with Leo is going to spread rumors because he’s single. I thought he was going to be single for the holidays because of the film. I still think so, he’s not going to have an official girlfriend before the Oscars. Just my two centavos.

No Cabo for leo this year , it seems that he is going to australia with a brunch of guys ;

Dave Brown ‏@DaveBrownUSA
On a private 747 with J .Foxx. Leonardo DiCaprio, @thechrisspencer AND ALL OF Hollywood headed to Australia ! My daughter was suppose 2come

Kate Winslett just got married for the third time…guess who gave her away???

@NYE: So Page Six misfired again about him spending NYE in Cabo. Leo and Jamie might be doing some promo for Django that premieres in Sydney later in January. Re-visiting some old haunting grounds with his party pal(s). I wonder if there are going to be photos or reports. It sounds like a group of Hollywood people ( `AND ALL OF Hollywood` )…

@NYE:
I guess he’ll meet Margo there.
Leo’s new BFF Jamie Foxx is another eternal bachelor, older than him, meaning more parties, more girls. I guess Jonah Hill is out.

Hmmm, Australia. The plot thickens.
And when did Winslet get a new boyfriend? Married already?
I think it’s sweet he gave her away. They have a friendship that is believable. This Miranda thing “we’ve been friends for a long time” doesn’t ring true.

@Leda:
I read that piece IMO Page 6 was speculating. Throwing in both Leo D and George Clooney’s name in a story about another celebrity & Cabo, rather then passing it off as info on Leo.
Well that was MY interpretation anyway.

I think it said Leo and George are expected to be there. That sounds more like speculation to me.
@107: So he is meeting Margot in Australia ( you think ) meanwhile sticking to his new party pal who is bringing in more girls and parties?

‘Also Cabo-bound are Leonardo Dicaprio and George Clooney, who are expected in Mexico for New Year’s Eve.’

Interesting that he is going to Australia. So the rumors of a romance between him and Margot might not be that “invented” after all:)

Here is one thing that doesn’t make sense to me if Leo is indeed dating Margot. His PR team denies every rumor about them immediately while Leo spends the night at her NYC apartment in a very busy neighborhood ( where he can be easily spotted ) and goes to Australia so he can spend NYE with her. So why denying it? They haven’t ( directly ) responded to the Miranda rumor or even to Page Six asking about the claim that Leo gave Kate away at her wedding. It makes them look like fools saying ‘No,they are not dating’ if he does all these things for her? It doesn’t help the movie PR wise I think. My point is if they are so obviously dating why denying it?

But aren’t you the one who wrote its in Leo’s interest to deny it as he’s not known for dating co-stars and don’t want anything to overshadow WOWS? Also as some have said maybe its casual that’s why deny it.
They’re just f cuk buddies.
At your post 111 as you can see the first word of that story was “Also”, the main story was about someone else (I forget who now) and they threw in Cabo regulars George and Leo to pad it rather than it being an actual story about either George or Leo. Well that was MY interpretation
@sarah – I agree with you. Its not a popular opinion though but I do think something is afoot. I personally don’t care if he’s with Margot. The Leo posts here are often poisonous to his girlfriends/partners. But obviously the studio is happy with audience and critics reaction to Django, but how often does Leo go for international premieres? And if the premiere is on the 21st of January why go almost a month early?
Another thing sarah do the others – Philly, CG, Geez, Message, the fame monster, vagabond – still post here or have they checked out?

Well, this prett much confirms that there is some validity to all the Margot rumors. Why else would he be going to Australia for NYE? We will know so enough… The Australian gossip papers will be all over this, watching Leo’s every move.

@Nessa:
I think he’ll be more careful. The Aussie press are not discrete and openly wrote about his carousing and modelising last time. But the girls are willing. Then again with Django doing well and getting awards buzz Leo is probably on a high right now and don’t care.

You are missing my point! He is not known for dating co-stars because of the unwanted attention. But if he does it anyway and it’s so obvious why bother denying it? If he does sleepovers and can be easily spotted or travels all the way to Sydney for her what’s the point of denying it? That was my point! No, they are not dating meanwhile he does all these things for her. That’s what doesn’t make sense. What I said earlier about them being co-stars and denying it is still on. Also would you gather a huge group of Hollywood ppl to go and spend NYE with your ‘fcuk buddy’ all the way in Australia?
Honestly I’m on the fence about this ‘romance’ or that he is going there for her. I’m not saying it can’t be true but I’m not sold yet. Even though the premiere in Sydney is weeks away they can do promo for the movie just like they did in NYC.
About Cabo… I respect your interpretation but mine is different. Leo used to go to Cabo a lot but not since his breakup with Bar. Last year Page Six put him there and he was in LA. No gossip site is 100% credible and Page Six is no exception. But this is my opinion and I don’t want to make you agree with me or argue. We simply disagree. :)

Leo is not with Margo, if he is going to Australia, with a group of men, common he will have fun with a bunch of girls, as a single man!

I don’t think he went to Australia to be with Margot. He flew with many other people from the Django movie and no one confirmed they were to be there for New Year. They might very well come back in a few days.

@Hmmm: One of the guy flying with them tweeted that he is going to Australia ( he was with his wife ) for NYE. That of course doesn’t mean everyone is staying. I think the studio flew them there for promo and they might stay there, might come back. Leo partied up a storm there last year and now he is there with Jamie… I guess we will see soon enough. Aussie press was always eager to report on Leo so we might have reports what he is doing there and who he is with!

I doubt anyone is saying he went to Australia specifically to be with Margot. But it is awfully convenient. Django is premiering in Australia on the 21st if they are going to be at the premiere then its likely he’s spending NYE and Jan 1st there.
Django premieres in London on the January 10th and Paris soon after, two key markets, I wonder why they aren’t bothering to premiere/party down here rather than 24 hours away. Leo seems to do the international circuit for only some of his films. The studio is definitley putting them up, but you can bet Jamie and especially Leo would have had their say if they wanted it there or not or if they wanted to go or not. He has that power.

he acted like a single guy all month(clubing,flirting with models ,dinner with model ,,guys nigts out with jonah,kevin….;) ,so if he is dating margot….poor girl to be treated like that (same scenario wih every official girlfriend;;))

There could be many reasons why he picked ( if he did indeed picked Australia himself ). It could be a chance to meet Margot, maybe it has nothing to do with her, maybe this is what fits into his schedule, maybe it’s the climate over London or that he spent there 6 months before and wanted to re-visit the place ( for whatever reason ). Why did Jamie go there and why is Tarantino making the long trip for the premiere? We can speculate about this a lot. I think it also depends on how you think about the Leo / Margot rumor.

It’s probably strategic. Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe are from Australia and Les Miserables is Django’s biggest competition right now in theaters.

Also, when Margot was with the WOWS cast she got to go to some pretty cool parties…Vegas…Leo’s birthday, etc. Now it’s her turn to show him around and entertain. Plus, he’s been there and probably had a great time. Now he’s taking all his friends along for the ride.

Page Six has another post claiming Leo is going to be in Cabo for a party on 12/30 and is expected to arrive soon… Meanwhile he is in Australia according to that tweet.

the tweet doesn’t say hes with a bunch of buddies or pals, just jamie foxx. the tweeter just said “:all of hollywood” most likely because it was just assuming and not much else to say. Leo didn’t even attend half of the django press in the U.S, does it make sense leonardo would take a 24 hour flight to do a little press for half a day? it doesn’t. we will have to see what happens or if there are margot reports while hes there.

@Leda

Like I said, he could be in Australia for only two days. Didn’t Blake Lively spend a weekend only when she visited him last year in Sydney?
He could be on time for the party in Cabo on the night of the 30th. He will manage:)

@Red: Leo was in LA for the past couple of days so Sydney is a 14 hours flight not 24. The tweeter wasn’t specific about the number of passengers so you can just speculate. At this point it seems like a promo trip for me, maybe he was on the guest list for Cabo but plans have changed… He is a jet setter and personally I still don’t see the point in denying the relationship meanwhile acting differently in public ( if that’s really the case and he is dating Margot ).

@leda i’m sorry, i meant that it was a 24 hour flight there and back. yes it is possible that he could make it to cabo in time, but honestly with all the traveling hes doing and how tired he has been, i am doubting that he would just head to australia for a little promotion.

It sounds like a stretch to me, too to do both. It’s a whole lot of flying during his break from working. I would stay in Australia since he is with friends who like to party just like him…

There is no news of Leo being here (OZ) I dont think he is!

The chances of airport sightings are greatly reduced if he flew private. He’s with Jamie and a group of friends. Are they all going to see Margo? Do you know if she is even in Sydney for the holidays? They’re probably going to do a little publicity for Django since he will be back in the States filming Wolf when it opens down under. Weinstein and Miramax have their own charter jets. Maybe they’ll get a yacht or take over a club or two and stay for NYE.

Jamie Foxx‏@iamjamiefoxx
Australia bound for New Years. What are your plans? http://say.ly/DVa4Rcl

Looks like a wealthy someone is throwing a NYE party and sent a jet for Hollywood peeps. Maybe the owner of the hotel Leo stayed at while shooting Gatsby, or the owner of the world’s largest yacht.

Thanks NYE(#133)
I have the feeling Margot will be part of the New Year’s Eve party.

@fozzy: Thanks for the info. Sounds more like Leo to go on a trip like this as a famous guest than doing it for a 22 years old blondie…

@136 or he could be doing it for both.

If she is, I have a feeling she’ll be one of hundreds of partygoers, including many MAW’s and assorted PYT’s ready to be at the service of Mssrs. Foxx, DiCaprio, and co.

Leo’s got more than enough booty calls and phone numbers from his time in Sydney, and his ***** posse have the euro model wannabes who moonlight as sex toys on speed dial. He won’t expose Margot to that until he’s hooked her as his official girlfriend.

Ali Nejad‏@Ali_Nejad
Sydney bound! Where you at @thechrisspencer & @iamjamiefoxx? Hurry up! #Oz #DownUnder http://twitpic.com/bpgken

@Red you make interesting points
@138 – What’s MAW & PYT? Cheers

PYT is pretty young things. MAW could be model actress ???

the fame monster @ 12/28/2012 at 12:25 am

Big Tarantino fan. Saw Django and really, really liked it. Not his best film (jmo) but was well done. A lot funnier than I expected and Django’s actions are driven by his love for his wife and wanting to free her. Great cast. Some of my friends couldn’t see it cuz it was sold out. But they will try again!

Hope you guys had a nice time during the holidays. May 2013 be a great year for you all :)

Leonardo DiCaprio Dating Margot Robbie – Is She Making It Too Easy for Him?

What's next? @ 12/28/2012 at 3:09 pm

Love my job.. Champagne showers with Jamie fox, jonah hill ( jump street 21 ) Leonardo dicaprio , the owners of marquee and Samantha ronson !! ♥

Hey all!Nice to see some old posters on.Thanks for the links and info.From the tweets on Bellazon it definitely sounds like they are there too party.@LOL: That article pointed out a few things posted on here.Which is why I’m with some of the other posters about him and Margot.He seems to be doing the same that he always does.So whats to get excited about,its going to end the same.Seriously!Although it might make for some awkward cast interviews.lol!
Speaking of Django our local film critic gave it an A+,and also put it in his top 2012 movie list.He said that Samuel and Leo were wicked together.

Well, if he’s not going for promotional reasons, then what is the draw of going to Australia?
Yes, Margot was spotted there right before Christmas so she was in Australia for the holidays. Probably still there and going to party with them. There is nothing to get excited about vagabond. I SERIOUSLY doubt he found true love with Margot on the set of WOWS.
Next.

@vagabond – How can you not see the fact that the article-link from @LOL comment, is just a messed up copy & paste from the Page Six-article days ago?? It says nothing new!! It is just a fan-spin of a story that ALL comes from the Page Six-novel. it is fabricated, anyone can see that . And the writer is just speculating. Leo and Margot is not dating. She is never seen with him, and because his love life is in spotlight right now they WOULD HAVE. He never left her apt either, I guess. Because why wouldnt the same news-reporter have any photos from this event? Or ANY pics of him and Margot together apart from the movie set pics? There arent any!! Also: He went to Sydney, they reported, with a bunch of 15+ people.. that is more like a friendly not-so-romantic-NewYears than anything, and also..why would he fly back to the US after NewYears if he could stay longer for more “romantic dates with Margot”? I bet, he will not stay for as long as one month as some people think! He will jet between places, like he normally does. Lots of pollution, but he has to. He is a superstar. And he has lots of appointments especially now during promotions. And as far as I have heard, they are not done filming WOWS either!

@Weirdo: Promotional reasons?? We are talking Leo here. We are talking party reasons. Leo = partygal. and thats it. He loves his friends. Respect it. If he welcomes Margot to the gang, respect that , too. The weird thing is, no one respects that Leo actually is a very social kind of guy that has tonns of admirers among his friends and that he seems to attract also friendships – not only GIRLS for the woman/man-thing. He has LOTS of female friends, too !! Almost just as many as male friends. But doesnt mean he is dating all of those!

Why are you getting hysterical?
LOL just pasted an article. Its not that serious.
To your no-photos point. there are also no pictures of Leo with the various women he has cheated with over the years or taken home from his numerous nightclub escapades, does that mean they did not exist?
SMH at the posters here in denial and insisting they need prove like it will change anything, Leo f*** around,a lot, Leo is not celibate right now and his next girlfriend is very likely to be another young blonde.
You can go take your prozac now.

Leo is not there for promotional reasons. 1. How do you know he is not giving interviews that haven’t aired yet? 2. What brought Jonah Hill, Jamie Foxx and the other celebs there? Maybe a fun party, free private ride, amazing weather, parties and fun… everything Leo has experienced while he was there. Is Margot in Sydney? A sighting of Leo with Aussie Margot would be all over the place and Aussie press loves reporting on Leo. I think there are way too many variables here to guess.
@blahblah: The summary of the Page Six articles is one thing ( they claim Margot was his date at both parties but she wasn’t ) but the way the blogger sees this affair is another. As you also pointed out the courtship is missing. I think that was the point. I saw that article and I agreed with it but I didn’t want to post it do I won’t get accused of attacking Margot. I don’t care about her, I don’t like her ( especially not as an actress ) but I definitely don’t hate her.

@152 – u are clearly missing the point ! Leo IS in fact pictured with all his prev GIRLFRIENDS. I am talking Blake Lively, Erin (not to mention, that was quick), and Barf etc etc. I am not talking about his numerous sleepovers and one-night-stands (which we all can agree ARE numerous). I am pointing that the tabs right now are so focused on that he and Margot is a supposed-to-be ITEM before theyve even been catched walking SIDE BY SIDE, (for my “proof”s sake, they dont even need to hold hands, as long as they can picture-proove SOMETHING), but.. nah nah nada. The thing also is that aussie press is hysterical more than I am to catch Leos next Sydney-sandbeach-bra aka blonde bombshell.. so how come he is only reported with bombshell Jamie Foxx ??? LOOOL !! Jamie + Leo seems to be the more accurate date going on this Christmas, so relax… your speculations dont even follow his knees of truth.

@Leda Exactly ! = Margot was at two of his parties together with LOADS of others being at the same parties (Cameron Diaz, did anyone mention her? Miranda, too eh?), but hellooooo!!! Margot is his collegue – so of COURSE she is invited to his parties. They are sure friends on set, and she is SINGLE. Leo is only a nice lad, giving Margot a chance to meet new people. What is the big set-up of romance here? The thing also is that people reported from the parties that they were not even close on the couch !:d SO.. my guess is that Margot is yet another add to his seem-to-be wide and numerous gang of friends. Did anyone count his birthday bash invitations yet? when he turned 38, he had this huuuge party in the city, and I heard he got everyone on the table. When people report “ALL OF HOLLYWOOD” on twitr, u have to believe that this is in fact what is going on – a huge NewYears party. Promotional profession is another word for spreading fanzine with throwing big parties locally

Erm I’m quite relaxed thanks. My counter-point is Leo not being snapped with Margot or whomever does not immediately negate the likelihood of them swapping body fluids, it just makes it more likely that they are having a fling with no strings attached rather then anything official. And please there have been many women that have bunked with Leo from NY to Vegas over many years and we have NO pictures of them either. Did anyone have pics of Tiger Wood’s girlfriends/mistresses over the years before the car accident?
Leo has actually known Jamie Foxx for years, this movie seems to have increasingly bonded them, as WOWS bonded him and Jonah. But I don’t think these bromances have any effect on Leo’s love life or dating habits. They never have. Just more honorary members of the ***** posse.

@Red – Read Jamie Foxx once more. That to me says it all. He is there with his pals. End of story.

@154: Have you seen any tabloids focusing on Leo and Margot being an item? Because I haven’t. Page Six is the only one reporting on them and some sites are copying their story. No new info, no source, no sighting other than the ones posted in the Post. I think that’s one reason why ppl here don’t really take this seriously. What if they sleep together? It’s not likely they will be dating publicly.

@156: You are missing the second point – that Margot Robbie is in fact not just a girl to take home from a nightclub, but a wellknown actress ! Which means, even if Leo is the hot one of the two for tabloid lenses, Margot is in the news, too, because of her status as his co-star in WOWS and not just a nightclub-dancer or random girl he catches on his way home from the club. See my point? She is in the NEWS. Which is why I wonder why the hell all those pictures that could earn the first tab the big bucks are missin here? Yes, Blake was pictures very early. So was Erin. All the “serious ones” (hell no theyre not, but.. u see my point), all those grls… they entered the news quickly. With… photos. Even mobile scans from fans who spy them, are easy to get paid for… and fans keep taking pics of him at nightclubs and all. But Margot.. she is with him everyday filming! So how come those are missing? It doesnt make sence. @Leda: Some sites are copying their story (P 6)? hey everyone is copying Page Six! In fact that is the only story there ever is of them :-D

@Leda: Plus sleeping together means you show up at someones apartment at least more than just once….. You dont become f-buddies just after 1 single night. That is called a one night stand.

I havent seen any pics of him leaving her trailer on set either! Or pics of her leaving his trailer… hm, I wonder why.. oh this rumor has gone from nothing to an unbelievable proportion.

@159: I have to disagree. Margot is not a well known actress by any means and she is not news worthy. Tabloids were more focused on Leo and Miranda. Margot is Leo’s co-star and that fact, him dating a co-star, would be interesting but it doesn’t seem like tabloids are picking up on this story. And as that article pointed out it doesn’t seem like she was hard to get. Not a date or dinner sighting, no publicity just denial from his team. I really don’t want to attack her by saying this but it doesn’t seem like more than a girl who he picks up in a club but it doesn’t make her a sl*t either. She is young, they are both single not looking for anything serious so why not have some fun?

But how do you KNOW its been just once he’s been at her place? Because Page 6 reported it that one time? Because you track Leo’s beeper? Because its not possible that he went to her place or they met at some motel – like Leo and all his previous secret bedmates? I don’t care if they are dating or not but all your posts show you seem awfully invested in insisting its all lies lies lies. But whatever its your interpretation.

@163: Doh! .. Because if she was there more than once, they would have reported more than this one time. See… its Leo we are talking about aka always tracked. I wish I had his beeper to prove Im right, lol …, but I have logic sence. ;-)

And since we are on that @163, this was the story that BLEW everything out of proportions, so why WOULDNT the papers LOVE to know the numerous time he banged her??!? I am just askin, because this still sounds so fabricated its hilarious. Cause I read gossipmags alot, and if there is only 1 report, it usually ends up being a “nothing”. If it happens MORE than once, and reports after reports… sure… I will give in. Maybe.

Oh, OK I guess like they reported ‘more than once’ all Leo’s other secret women in the past.
I mean using your ‘logic sence’ he’s always tracked so they must have written extensively about the numerous women both famous/non famous he has s-crw-ed over the years, girlfriend or no girlfriend. But they did not report it (not even his local LA papers), so those women NEVER existed.
The same was they tracked and wrote on the sexual escapades on famous US sporting icons like Tiger Woods (before the accident) , Eli Manning (still pending), etc They did not report it NOT because the parties involved became more careful about how they operated but because it did not actually happen. Got it. My bad.

@Leda: Well as a Leo fan, I want to know the truth just as much as you do. But I wouldnt buy gossip that doesnt even fill a page with sightings from at least 5 people. About Margot… the mascot… I dont know her, or her fame, but you fail when you say she is just a girl-next-door. She is in WOWS. She is one of the leads in WOWS. That is a huge production. So, if she was a girl-next-door, she sure isnt anymore. She is his co-star. Leos co-star. That to me says that she has suddenly become a candy for news also in direction of Leo candyfloss:-) She is like from nobody to somebody, really without any interest for anybody. Except everyone who would like to know who is Leo gonna have NEXT, of course . And as a fan I watch Leo movies, and not his co-stars as if they were anything like him as actors or in private . Leo is the big guy, you are right . But he can have fun with randoms if he really wants to hide the “relationship” or “f-buddy”. Not with co-stars.

FYI, Jamie Foxx arrived in Australia accompanied with his gf and daughter. Someone tweeted it earlier today. And from this picture of him arriving at the airport, we can see the number of luggages he’s carrying including a pink child’s coat.

Why isnt there any reports that Jamie Foxx is dating Margot Robbie??? LOL. He has been to all those places where Margot is, too..!!! Well, except from her apartment, where Leo was “seen” (not pictured), but yea right..

@166: Those women you are talkin about, those “never existing” ones, well.. what if they never did? Or what if they were so not news-worthy, because they are not actors? Actors and actresses are always news-worthy, regardless their status. You dont have ta act in “Friends” to be news-worthy if u just did 1 TV-show cameo, and you end up in the news once at a party with Leo and such, you will get the news reporting next time you spend time with Leo, I bet big bucks on that! Because that is showbiz! The news doesnt care about his randoms, of course not.

Here is an article – where it mentions Jamie F arrived with wife and daughter.
____
IT IS New Year’s Eve partying on a scale that only the rich and famous can afford.

A slew of celebrities, including Leonardo DiCaprio and Jamie Foxx, flew in to Australia on Friday – reportedly as part of their plan to welcome in 2013 in Sydney before driving to Canberra airport to return to Las Vegas for a second tilt at New Year revelry.

The celebrity pack also included Gossip Girl star Chace Crawford, DJ Samantha Ronson, Glee star Matthew Morrison and Arrow actor Colton Haynes.

Insiders say The Great Gatsby star DiCaprio arrived on a private Boeing 747 jet with Ronson, Lindsay Lohan’s ex-girlfriend, and 15 other people. The duo were greeted and whisked away.

The celebrities will see in the New Year in Sydney before driving to Canberra airport where they plan to fly out on the same jet, avoiding Sydney airport curfews, to Las Vegas – 17 hours behind Sydney.

Oscar-winner Foxx, who is co-starring with DiCaprio in the yet-to-be-released film Django Unchained by Quentin Tarantino, flew in with his wife and daughter and pushed his own luggage through the airport in very un-star like fashion.
____

If that article is correct I think we have the idea what was the attraction of going to Australia. I guess other than going back to his previous haunting ground for some fun it must be amazing to be able to ring in the new year twice… If I had the means I would definitely do it. NYE in Sydney AND in Vegas? If that doesn`t scream Leo to someone than nothing will…
Does Jamie have a wife? That`s what the article claims.

more than likely leonardo is both partying, and hooking up with margot. no matter if you belive the earlier margot rumors or not it is really coinsidental leo happens to be spending his new years in australia. cause he could attend awesome parties that aren’t half way around the world.

He is attending awesome parties both in Australia and in the USA just like many other celebs. I find it unlikely he went all the way to Sydney for a hook up

jamie foxx said he would be in australia for the new years, so more than likely, leonardo is staying throught the new years to. he could have went to awesome parties in cabo, or new york or other places. but he choose australia? a flight around the world? its hard for me to believe he just went for a party because it sounded like fun

@Weirdo: The drawcard, my love, is it’s beauty!!

@haga: So why did Jamie Foxx, Jonah Hill or the other celebs choose Australia? Because Leo went there for a hookup? You keep insisting that awesome party means Cabo or NYC yet a bunch of Hollywood ppl went to Australia and then they are flying to Vegas for a second party. If that’s not awesome to you then what is? I saw tweets on BZ about a party last night with Leo, Jonah and Jamie ( with tweet photos ) and it seemed like fun just like last year when Leo was there. Lots of fun and parties and now he is back for some more…
Earlier you said it doesn’t matter whether someone believes the Leo-Margot rumor it’s likely they are hooking up. I disagree. If I don’t believe the rumor why would I agree that they are likely together in Sydney? I said it yesterday or earlier today that the way you see this trip depends on whether you believe the rumor or not. There is very little info about the rumor or this trip to know for sure. JMO. You can guess and have an opinion.

@leda you don’t think after all of these leo and margot rumors is a little too coinsidental leo is happening to be spending his new years there?

@haha: I’m not convinced that there’s anything behind the rumors. I’m not saying that its impossible that they have a fling off set but I’m not sold on it. If I’m not sure about the rumor why would I think it’s more than a coincidence that he is in Sydney? Why is his PR team denying the rumor ( they rarely comment on his love life ) if he goes to Sydney to be with Margot? It sounds kinda stupid to me…
I wanna emphasize that I don’t believe the rumor 100% but at the same time I can’t say for sure there can’t be anything between them. I’m on the fence at this point.

I will have to agree with @Leda especially on #177 ! Why this is so stupid, is that why do all the other guys (Hill, Foxx etc) go all the way to Sydney, too? Leo couldnt poss arrange this just to have a date with Margot.. that sounds too expensive for a first date to me:-) Or whatever number or not number it is. And maybe youll say he found it perfect to join them to Sydney so that he could see Margot, but hey.. who came first? Jonah Hill or Leo? Did Leo go first, or Jonah? I think this counts. I mean, if Jonah Hill wanted to be there and cruise around with friends, how come Leo would stay in his boring lonesome place where none of his friends are back home, eh? Tobey and the gang have families, they wouldnt join him. Jamie Foxx, yea he might be taken, but the thing is.. they recently did a film together, and Jamie seems like someone who loves to see the world. They match! Leo and Jamie, that is. Still no sightings of Margot at the boat ride, and even if she was there, I wouldnt buy it as long as its not with Leo alone.

You don’t have to buy it. People have different opinions / views.
Some, like me believe something is going down it and some, like you don’t. No one is changing anyone’s minds.

Leo + Jamie equals partying. I also happen to believe it is promotion for their film. Just them BEING there will get tabloid hits and all those stories run will talk about their new film. The fact that two major Aussie stars are in a film out at the same time competing for market share is a big deal.

Leo + Jonah plus friends equals partying too. They are both co-stars of Margot. What I’m saying is she’ll be invited to party with them too, no doubt. I don’t believe they are dating either or that he went to Australia specifically for her, but she’s there and will be part of the action.