Jennifer Aniston & Gwyneth Paltrow 'Demand A Plan' Against Gun Violence

Jennifer Aniston & Gwyneth Paltrow 'Demand A Plan' Against Gun Violence

Check out Jennifer Aniston, Gwyneth Paltrow, Beyonce, and Michelle Williams in this newly released PSA for Demand a Plan, a grassroots initiative to demand that President Obama and Congress step forward with a plan to end gun violence.

Also taking part in the star studded effort are Reese Witherspoon, Olivia Munn, Selena Gomez, Paul Rudd, Will Ferrell, Sarah Silverman, Ellen DeGeneres, Julianne Moore, Chris Rock, Jamie Foxx, Jon Hamm, Jennifer Westfeldt, Amy Poehler, Adam Scott, Rashida Jones, Kate Hudson, Cameron Diaz, John Slattery, Jeremy Renner, Conan O’Brien, and more.

“How many more colleges? How many more classrooms? How many more movie theaters? How many more houses of faith?” the stars in the video ask.

Check out the PSA below.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 » Show All

I don’t think they are doing it to PR..
However I do agreee they should relax with the violence in movies, tv and stuff….altough violence was before movies.

Shame it has to take a tragedy like this shooting of innocent children for people to react. Actors like George Clooney and Brad Pitt have campaigned for this gun policy for years and even made movies about it but people ignored them. Go watch Killing them Softly and you will see how the director has tried to show us how guns are ruining USA.

I dont have the money to pay for a security system at home. I need my gun.

Happy_Evil_Dude @ 12/21/2012 at 4:25 pm

Not to rain on their parade, but why are these videos always shot in black & white? It’s become tired at this point. An easy, cliché way to sya “ooh, deep & dramatic!”. Otherwise, there’s surprisingly very few of them who actually appear invested in what they’re saying. Among them Chris Rock, Peter Dinklage and, surpisingly, Jennifer Aniston.

guest4114 @ 12/21/2012 at 4:27 pm

wow finally some people who maybe have the power to start a change, because they are in the public eye, you can´t denie that, do something and send a message out there. and what do people do? think it´s not right ore true because they are celebrities. at least some poeple do something about it. what the hell is wrong with this world?

@Little Miss Wicked: Idiot it makes them less dangerous so they don’t the weapon to take 26 lives.

Everyone with a gun should be pursued. We need to get rid of these weapons.
Please people hand in your guns and stop with the murder cases. Death is the worst thing that could happen to anyone.

an opinion @ 12/21/2012 at 4:33 pm

@Jungle: No one wants to take away your gun. Pres Obama just don’t think you need a semi automatic gun or ammo clip that kills many in seconds to keep you safe.

Sometimes Americans are strange…
In Europe, where I live, we have no guns in our homes! In fact I don’t even know a singel person that owns a gun.
Educating fact: we have almost zero crimes where guns are involved! Let’s face it: you can’t hurt people as much with a knife as with a gun!

Americans who think they need guns to protect themselves are idiots!! You do NOT need a gun to feel safe! Get proper alarm systems for your houses and relax!! The world would be a better place without guns in the nightstand!!!

And I agree with lots of the comments before! Hollywood should stop making bloody movies!!!!!

I know people will blame me, hate me for this, whatever. You know why ? Bc I’m not a citizen of this country, blame me if you want to.
The thing is, people all around the world have watched this. Americans discussing what to do with the gun laws. Over and over and over again. Innocent people being shot while being in a movie theatre, now children. Why does always have to happen sth bad first ? Why can’t we prevent these things. And I’m not only talking about America here. For me the thing is this: I’m German (don’t come me with that Nazi thing now, I’m not so stupid to react to that). Till the age of about 13, I didn’t even know that a good amount of people in America have guns, a looooot of people. A few year later I asked my mom, “why does almost everyone have a gun with them ?” she responded – “they’re allowed to, it’s normal there”. And I’m not saying that Germany doesn’t have any difficult problems etc, but this shocked me. Shocked. I asked myself how sth like that can be normal. Ever. I never understood. You can be safe without a gun. ‘course I understand if you live in a dangerous area etc. But still. According to the motto, ‘I’m in a bad mood, hate my mom, let’s shoot some people”. It’s not the movies, it’s not the media. It’s us. We as human beings have to do sth. Of course I know that a rampage also happened in Germany, it was horrible. But the possibilty here that it happens is low. I mean it. When the NRA said “if the principal/teacher would’ve had a gun etc”. I actually thought WTF ! I also thought, yeah right, if I have an argument with my neighbour tomorrow, I’m gonna grab my gun. Problem solved. For me, guns aren’t any form of problem solvers, they’re problem makers. So please, it’s far too late for that. But change sth, citizens of America, change.

One, almost all of these celeb-retards have starred in a film or a tv show that glorified violence. Two, almost all of them travel with armed security everywhere they go. Puke!

Maybe the real problem is that this video – which was meant to inspire – is being commented on negatively. This video was posted to show an important message – a change is needed. Regardless of how many of you feel how to go about that, or your aversion to some of the stars or disliking that its in black and white.. how about we stand together and agree that something needs to change. I choose to focus on the positive message of this video and would love to help make a change anyway I can.

I agree with rachel, Jenifer Aniston don’t care her desperate behind is looking for all the pr she can get.

Guns and television violence are not how you produce a killer …

If you go back at look at the school shootings you will find most of the shooters were treated as outcast and victims of violence themselves.

One of the dirty truth America hides from the world and itself is that there is violence and neglect in almost all of the families in this country. It has nothing to do with what young people see on TV and all to do with what they see in their families and lives.

It’s very common place for people to beat their children here and neglect them during key developmental years.

A large part of the problem is we are not allowed to teach psychology and human development in most of the k-12 schools because religion is at odds with actual science.

It has everything to do with the way we treat each other and care for each other. It’s nothing to do with movies, tv, or video games.

Little Miss Wicked @ 12/21/2012 at 5:11 pm

@Sarena: You missed the point idiot! What about knife crimes? You can go to home depot and get a nail gun or a gas can to blow things up. You dont need a gun to hurt people. Owning a gun doesn’t turn you into a bad person. Alot of people own guns. The people that do these Violent crimes are INSANE and just because you take everybodys gun away doesn’t make them less crazy, moron! If we are trying to think proactively maybe we should do more to get help for those who are mentally ill.

I am a huge nerd and love a lot of projects these actors put out. BUT…if we fool ourselves into thinking that media has little to do with violence in our society, we will continue to see these horrendous incidents. Violence in the media has effects. Man has been violent since for thousands of years, but never in the history of our civilization has storytelling been so readily accessible. And I think it is a piece of a terrifying puzzle that makes up people like Adam Lanza, James Holmes, and the slew of other deranged psychopaths. But Hollywood is in the business of making money. And stylized violence = cash. So just saying “It’s guns, get rid of them!” isn’t going to solve the deeper problem. And criminals will find a way to use weapons of destruction, whether guns are outlawed or not.

Dave Franco @ 12/21/2012 at 5:17 pm

I agree. Gun violence will always exist… it’s the mentally ill we need to take care of. Look at Canada… we got mold the system like theirs.

NRA are bunch of fools but these came celebs use guns for protection against stalkers… they’re gonna change their story.

Little Miss Wicked @ 12/21/2012 at 5:24 pm

@Dave Franco: I agree its the mentally ill that need to be taken care of!

A plan!? That’s easy – remove the criminals with violent tendencies. Newsflash, the criminals don’t give 2 craps about the current gun laws, and they’ll continue to care JUST as much about future ones!! Shouldn’t need ‘Big Brother’ holding our hands on every issue – next thing you know people will want them to tell us when to crap & wipe!

Oh how special because these blowhards made a video. Guess what? We know something needs to be done without seeing their mugs.

I’m not American but I follow this debate. As a European (I’m French) I think guns in the US should be banned, I mean you should have a strong control o guns and give licence as it is the case with cars.It is not normal that anyone can buy a gun, people should be tested (psychologically) and those who are known to be violent, who already went to jail etc shouldn’t have the right to carry a gun.
But in the mean time I understand that this kind of thing is difficult to do since it’s the 2nd Amendment that gives you this right, there is also the lobby thing (money rules really everything and everywhere, not just in the US and I’m not only talking about guns).But hey,what’s the point to have a big gun to defend yourself, I really don’t understand.In Europe,we do not defend ourselves like that, many people don’t even have a security system and we do not have the same rate concerning violence,so guns are definitly not the solution.

I just wanted to give my opinion but I don’t have all the facts.I never went to the US so I know my opinion does not take into account the cultural thing and all of this.

And by the way, I didn’t say it but all these mass murder are horrible, even more when it’s young children.

Aranka Paul @ 12/21/2012 at 6:10 pm

#6 -B-, I couldn’t agree with you more. The education about non-violence should start with parents. I am certain that Nancy Lanza was aware of the fact that her son had emotianal/mental issues. How could she not. She even complained to the owners of the local restaurant she used to frequent that her son was a problematic boy. Hey, she lives in a million dollar home, drives nice Honda, has all these guns and you mean to tell me that she could not afford good mental care for her son. What does she do, she takes this son to the shooting range – are you kidding me. That boy should have been in a padded cell, never mind the shooting range. Where was her head, how could she have not used common sence and motherly instinct. This is what happens when parents act like ostriges and burry their heads in the sand “see no evel, hear no evil”. And where was the father, did he know the severity of this young man’s problems. I just don’t buy that not a living soul knew the gravity of the kid’s situation. I simply can’t wrap my head around the fact that the mother kept all these lethal guns within the reach of the mentally unstable boy. I do feel sorry for the mother and I don’t. I truly feel so much loss and sadness towards the twenty six people who had nothing to do with this crazy family and who lost ther precious lives for nothing, absolutely nothing. The mother wanted the boy to “fit in” (I have read this in the papers). What does that tell us, it tells us that mother knew that the boy didn’t fit in. I am convinced that due to her actions or lack of, she indirectly caused this horrible tragedy.

V for Vendetta @ 12/21/2012 at 6:28 pm

It’s all funy making this stupid video to put Americans to sleep..If the government really wants to gun control, they have to stop gun lobbies first and the holywood movies..I feel sorry for the Americans for both whom died with the tragic incident and whom in a deep sleep!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 » Show All