Just Jared's Most Popular Actors 2012

Just Jared's Most Popular Actors 2012

They’re some of the hottest guys on the big screen and on TV and now they’ve also made our list of the most popular actors this year!

Did your favorite actors make JustJared.com‘s cut?

Also, be sure to check back in the next two days to see who made our list of most popular actresses and the top 50 celebs of 2012!

20. Daniel Radcliffe
19. Leonardo DiCaprio
18. Henry Cavill
17. Ashton Kutcher
16. Tom Hardy
15. Alexander Skarsgard
14. Daniel Craig
13. Tom Cruise
12. Andrew Garfield
11. Chris Hemsworth

Click inside to find out who were JustJared.com‘s top ten most popular actors of 2012!

just-jared-most-popular-actors-2012-top-10

10. Shia LaBeouf
9. Ryan Reynolds
8. Channing Tatum
7. Gerard Butler
6. Ryan Gosling
5. Ian Somerhalder
4. Matt Bomer
3. Zac Efron
2. Brad Pitt
1. Robert Pattinson

WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE actor of 2012?

FYI: These rankings are calculated by a number of factors, including pageviews/hits from readers, comments, and social media interaction.

Photos: Getty
Posted to: 2012 Year End Recap

Christopher Polk/Getty

Zac Efron!

Zac Who else?

Was this a popular contest as in high school girls got to vote..because Pattinson is an awful actor whom nobody wants to see in a movie outside of Twilight. He’s interesting in the gossip sites over how did he reacted when his loyal girlfriend cheated on him…even then he did a bad acting job of acting all torn up about it.

Gorgeous Rob! @ 12/26/2012 at 2:29 pm

Rob will always be my #1. Love him!

How out of touch can you be?? Christian Bale was the star of the largest, most epic and best film of 2012. But I guess you would have to actually SEE IT to know that. Also star of the best foreign film to come out of China, ever. He also is filming or has filmed or will be filming an additional 6 or 7 new films due out between 2013 and 2014. Also, hands down, the hottest and nicest guy in LA/Hollywood. Also still has the largest internet fan following. Need I say more. Your picks of “actors” and “hottest” guys is cheesy at best.

Love Robert Pattinson! Has the personal qualities and screen presence. Beautiful man.

Oh Brad <3

Ryan Gosling <3

Only Henry Cavill from this list. Can’t wait to see more Henry next year during the Spiderman promotion!

WTF NO BRADLEY COOPER ON YOUR LIST??? PFFF

i wish Joseph Gordon-Levitt would be in this list :(

Penny Lane @ 12/26/2012 at 2:42 pm

I’m really happy that you featured Henry Cavill and Gerard Butler, but what about Joseph Gordon-Levitt? You write stories and have updates about him all the time, but he’s not in the Top 20 Hottest Actors of the year?! He had HOW MANY movies come out this year? Four movies! He’s hot because he’s a triple threat, is making his directorial debut with “Don Jon’s Addiction” AND owns a very successful production company, HitRECord. I’m disappointed with you, Jared ;-)

OI…
Henry Cavill is Superman, NOT Spiderman, YOU IDIOT!!

@cari: Christian Bale is one of the nicest guys in Hollywood? I guess maybe when he isn’t screaming at camera operators for intruding into his frame while he’s working he might be. Having said that, AWESOME actor anyway.

MATT BOMER <3

LOVE Robert Pattinson!!! (and his jawlines) :D

@marina: Let it be Superman. No need to call someone idiot for this. Apparently you are unaware of ethic rules. You poor thing.

what about Michael Fassbender?

rob will be forever my idol, great actor, beautiful inside/out and a humble guy! love u rob and kristen <3

Lord, save us if footface is considred number one.
The only great guy there both in looks and personality is Henry Cavill. No scandal about cheating girlfriends, bad behaviour or being a rude *******.

robert pattinson and matt bomer are the thing

Where’s RDJ?!

@Zee: Pats rules. Poor Henry, no personality, okay actor, interesting past and stuck in a bad superman movie. Hope he can get past it and do some real acting one day.

Glad Matt is in top 5. Good to see real talent can make a top 5 list in 2012.

brad & chris hemsworth <3

Brad and Matt UNF!

Where is RDJ?

PlainJane @ 12/26/2012 at 4:05 pm

I might be a little bit biased, but I’m surprised that Joseph Gordon Levitt isn’t here, considering his stellar year.

TOM HARDY <3

Ignorance @ 12/26/2012 at 4:15 pm

@Ol:

Spiderman, seriously? Good one.

Ignorance @ 12/26/2012 at 4:20 pm

@ltv:

Pats rules and henry could do some real acting only in future? You are f**** kidding me. Twilight (enough said).

Matt Bomer
Zac Efron
Brad Pitt

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Mrs skarsgard @ 12/26/2012 at 4:30 pm

OMG ALEXANDER SKARSGARD SHOULD HAVE BEEN 1 anyway screaming like a childish teen he is soo hot hotter then pattinson

Rpattz is so unattractive. And fangirls lets not act like his #1 for talent, looks or anything but his personal life. When did actors get so freaking ugly? Save Thor and Superman this list is a whole bunch of fug.

So glad Twilight is over. I know that they’ll only replace this boy with some other below talent teen franchise boy, but still the change will be welcomed. Especially if it’s Liam Hemsworth.

Dave Franco @ 12/26/2012 at 4:41 pm

Gossip sites make me laugh. Jared, you you have your own statistics graph? C’mon now! I knew RPAT was #1… you keep hogging the site with twilight dreck.

Chris Hemsworth had a better year than anyone on this list and he’s #11… If you wanted to make a brit boy #1 at least get the one with talent, a semi- (likable)personality and intelligence.

notyourfriend @ 12/26/2012 at 4:53 pm

i think Idris should have been on the list!

Are there no actors of color to report on JJ???? There’s usually, at least, one token. Work on that in the new year.

Matt Bomer!!!!!! <3

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 12/26/2012 at 5:18 pm

Brad Pitt made it but not Bradley Cooper? ahahahahahaha That’s funny.
Kutcher, and Cavill made the list but um.. Bale didn’t? LOL Sweet.

OI #20…
Did I hit a nerve for calling you, the obvious??
And YOU are the poor thing!! it’s YOU the one with the IQ of a R€TARD!!
And don’t bother to replying to me, because I’m going to ignore you… like the Idiotic thing you are!!

Who Cares @ 12/26/2012 at 5:23 pm

All white white white.

Tom Hardy needs to be in the TOP 5 <3 AMAZING MAN

Yesss!!! Rob is #1!

Ezekielbread @ 12/26/2012 at 5:49 pm

Matt Damon, Johnny, Depp, Joaquin Phoenix, Joseph Gordon-Leavitt, Dermot Mulroney, Robert Downey, Jr., Daniel Day-Lewis, Seymour Phillip Hoffman, Casey Affleck, Will Farrell.

does no one have anything to say about ian somerhalder????? by far the best on this list! although i have to admit i do <3 me some gerard butler ;)

Gosling…THE BEST

@Who Cares Gosh Shut up …. I am black and i don’t care.. i like most of the people on this list, i lke white guys better than any other race soooooo whatever……. i mean i love me some Zac Efron

Bomer the hottest of the hot then Gossling, both great actors too.

Givemeabreak @ 12/26/2012 at 6:30 pm

Butler isn’t even in the same league with any of these guys. The only reason he’s on the list is because his threads are used as a chat room.

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 12/26/2012 at 6:32 pm

@sharyllee: What did Jude Law do this year? And how much attention did he get on this site? LOL
And Pattinson was #1 because his biish cheated on him. ahahahaha

I love Daniel Radcliffe! He is nice,funny and a good actor.Im glad he is on the list

Seriously?!?! You forgot CHARLIE HUNNAM. He’s just on the hottest tv show right now!

Zac Efron and Zachary Quinto!!! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Zachary Quinto is BEAUTIFUL. Zac Efron is so fúcking CUTE! Swoon.

Hey there Mr. Skarsgard <3

Alex O’loughlin-never gets the credit he deserves

HERE IS Joseph Gordon-Levitt?

@LIZZIE: for what, rehab?

Shia LaBeouf and Ian Somerhalder <3

CHORD OVERSTREET

No Michael Fassbender, no Tom Hiddleston, but we get the likes of Shia LaDouche and Harry Pothead instead… Well done JJ well done.. *slow clapping*

Chris Hemsworth :)
My man!

Hey dooliloo who is Harry Pothead?someone of your family?awww i guess you are jealous…poor thing.

Yeah he is! Mine is Matt Bomer ♥♥♥♥

Who the ***** is Ian Summerhaltan??

@sharyllee: Idk? Probably back in 2004 when people still cared about him?

so glad Chris Evans didn’t make it. So overrated and all of his pr stunts have been so sad lately

@skinny: Not starting this crap again he got injured took painkillers got help to get himself off them and doing great. He’s got more talent than some of these on the list

You guys this is all about hits in threads. gerard butler’s fans use his threads as a chat room so that’s why he gets 1000′s of hits.

Don’t care how his tread is used Mr. Butler is a good guy that people ove to hate

@ Ftw there is a difference between being jealous and being a tad disappointed but I clearly guess the latter doesn’t belong to your vocabulary parlour, must run in your family too?

Rob is # 1 !!!! always !!!!

Brad's Hot @ 12/26/2012 at 11:00 pm

Love me some Brad .

Tom Hiddleston is my man! He was amazing as Loki & Henry V

Glad to see so many gay may in the top 20 both out and closeted! A new record.

Zachary Quinto is absolutely beautiful.

If it weren’t for the loons and trolls who fight it out on the Jolie-Pitt threads, Brad wouldn’t rate here at all.

Absolutely Skarsgard!

Where’s Michael Fassbender?

hobieluv83 @ 12/27/2012 at 1:31 am

Skarsgard is number 15?! At least he made the list, but he’s my number 1.

just suckkkk it up

you mean an epic fail that encourages violence?

wiphoenix @ 12/27/2012 at 2:33 am

@Connie: I far from hate him…..

Tom Cruise is awesome

Zac Efron all the way <3

Zac Efron all the wayy <3 :*

Where is Joseph Gordon-Levitt? He had an amazing year, was in 4 movies, three of those movies were the highest rated movies of the year, he can dance, sing, and act.

Oh Yeah!!! @ 12/27/2012 at 4:02 am

Once it isn’t the Cheater Brad Pitt I am glad!

Alexander Skarsgard will be always number 1 for me! I like Matt Bomer too!

team gerry @ 12/27/2012 at 5:09 am

yeah gerry b. fasseydong, hunky henry and tom hardy….love all of them!

ewww Brad’s mug shot LOL

Of course Pattinson is #1,obviously it’s about popularity and what teenage girls think.Seriously most of the guys featured in the top 10 suck.

YES! Gerard Butler!! OH YES!!!! But where is Bradley Cooper? :( I thought he would be on the list! meh! Johnny Depp and Taylor Kitsch should be on the list def.

Leo for sure #1 ♥♥♥
Tom Hardy ♥♥
Brad ♥
Chan ♥

Rob wins hands down !!

zaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaac <33333

Of course Rob wins because he’s the sweetest guy in HW. All haters are stupid and jealous.

Brad pitt is ugly and boring

solas duran @ 12/27/2012 at 11:09 am

@uh what?:
Well, I’ve been out of high school for over 30 years; out of university and grad school for decades as well; I am not a big Twilight fan although I’ve seen the films.; but I am a fan of Robert Pattinson, who I see as one of the best actors (not just movie stars–there IS a difference) at this time (Andrew Garfield is another). I’ve seen him in all of his films, and his range and his ability to understand characters and their interaction, and translate that to actual embodiment of the characters, are already beyond excellent and in some cases approaching brilliant.
Daniel Day Lewis was always my most favourite actor (and I’ve seen him in films and TV movies from when he was in his 20s) and I see Pattinson as growing to be one of the best actors, period, hopefully in the category of DDL..
It would be intelligent and wise to actually view Pattinson’s films, watch interviews where he explains characters and their arcs, rather than remark about him based on tabloid headlines and screaming crowds.

lyn azarcon @ 12/27/2012 at 11:09 am

brad pitt!

JustinWantsAFrontlaceWig @ 12/27/2012 at 11:55 am

Oh Yeah BRAD PITT!!!!

Rob Pattinson fans are scary & delusional. I’ve seen his movie and he is NO DDL, never will be.

Well, I’ve been out of high school for over 30 years; out of university and grad school for decades as well; I am not a big High School Musical fan although I’ve seen the films.; but I am a fan of Zac Efron, who I see as one of the best actors (not just movie stars–there IS a difference) at this time (Andrew Garfield is another). I’ve seen him in all of his films, and his range and his ability to understand characters and their interaction, and translate that to actual embodiment of the characters, are already beyond excellent and in some cases approaching brilliant.
Daniel Day Lewis was always my most favourite actor (and I’ve seen him in films and TV movies from when he was in his 20s) and I see Efron as growing to be one of the best actors, period, hopefully in the category of DDL..
It would be intelligent and wise to actually view Efron’s films, watch interviews where he explains characters and their arcs, rather than remark about him based on tabloid headlines and screaming crowds.

Henry Cavill will be #1 next year. He deserves it. That’s my new years wish.

@Candice: LOL, signed Brandon Routh.

Why are these guys even on the same list as Viking, they are not worthy…

ChelSHIIT HOndler @ 12/27/2012 at 4:13 pm

Brad Pitt all the way <3

Zac, Ryan & Andrew Garfield. **

Wow! Not one African-American actor. Then again…why am I not surprised?

……………………………………………………………….
……………***************************************
……………********Robert Pattinson is No. 1**
……………***************************************
……………………………***************************
……………………………***************************
……………………………***************************
……………………………***************************
……………………………***************************
……………………………***************************
……………………………***************************
……………………………***************************

Leonardo DiCaprio is No. 2 !!

Tom Hardy is No. 3 ! ! !

Zachary Quinto is fücking beautiful!

@Dooney: Why the emphasis on Afro-AMERICAN? Are those the only black people who count?

Matt Bomerrrrrrr!!! yeahhhhhhh!

a great list of actors, but i couldn’t help but notice….not one of these guys is black, hispanic, asian, pacific islander, or middle eastern. c’mon hollywood, step it up. throw some diversity at us. i promise, we’re ready.

Zac Efron is number one!

ROBERT PATTINSON!

So you forget Jeremy Renner, who was in Borne Legacy and the Avengers in 2012, and more. Yeah, you know the guy with 2 Oscar nominations behind him in 2010 and 2011. JEREMY RENNER!

Tom hjardy,Ryan gosling and Daniel craig

and where the heck is johnny depp???