Katie Holmes: 'Dead Accounts' New Year Performance!

Katie Holmes: 'Dead Accounts' New Year Performance!

Katie Holmes heads into the Music Box Theatre for the matinee performance of her Broadway play Dead Accounts on Tuesday (January 1) in New York City.

The 34-year-old actress was all smiles as she headed inside the theater for her first show of the new year.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Katie Holmes

Dead Accounts recently announced that it will be closing early – be sure to catch the play before the run ends on January 6.

Over the weekend, Katie greeted fans outside the theater before the show.

FYI: Katie is carrying a Dolce&Gabbana Miss Sicily handbag.

katie holmes dead accounts new year performance 01
katie holmes dead accounts new year performance 02
katie holmes dead accounts new year performance 03
katie holmes dead accounts new year performance 04
katie holmes dead accounts new year performance 05

She needs to go back on TV, movies and plays not what she’s good at

She is relevant why?

Sincerely concerned @ 01/02/2013 at 9:48 am

I really hope she pulls it off…. I put her right there with Anne Hatheway or Maggie Guil… with potential. It’s all in perspective. Now that the ball and chain is gone, she can develop some depth. For those don’t see it, can’t help ya…

@Sincerely concerned:

She’s been acting in Hollywood since 1996-ish (17 YEARS) and been acting since a child. How much longer does she need to develop depth?

Before Tom – well she gave a lame performance in Batman. MG was so much better and the critics agreed. Her acting skills in First Daughter, Phone Booth were bad. She was good in Pieces of April. And after Tom she gave a totally cringe worthy performance in Mad Money. I love Diane Keaton and Queen Latifah and I couldn’t even finish the movie because Holmes was so bad. Every movie she has been in has performed under expectations with several being out right flops. Don’t be Afraid of the Dark should have been a much bigger hit and would have been with an actress much less annoying than Holmes. She was totally awful in Jack and Jill.

So 17 years later she is 34. And can’t act. What potential do you see? And by 40 it is difficult for a female in Hollywood to get a decent role. So Katie has a short 6 years to prove herself. Hahahaha.

Sincerely concerned @ 01/02/2013 at 10:09 am

My point exactly!!!!!

Sincerely concerned @ 01/02/2013 at 10:11 am

For those who don’t see it, can’t help ya

God, the name of this show is sooo boring I mean “Dead Accounts” sounds like a pile of mildewed old tax returns. I read an overview of the plot and it sounded alright, but between the title and casting Katie Holmes duh of course it didn’t take off. This playwright needs to get more savvy.

where’s jake gyllenhaal?

Aranka Paul @ 01/02/2013 at 10:55 am

She reminds me a lot of Jennifer Anniston – in this regard. Jennifer Anniston was very good (if not excellent) in “Good Girl”. She truly did express herself quite well and her acting was worth noticing. Katie Holmes might have been good in “Pieces of April”, but one, two or even three good roles don’t define the acctress. Maryl Streep has played countless type of characters (from Dear Hunter to Kramer VS Kramer to out orf Africa to Iron Lady). She is a multilayered acctress and therefore a true artist. There are only small number of current such acctresses in Hollywood (Nicole Kidman, Naomi Watts, Anne Hatthaway, Annette Banning, Mia Vasikowska) and few more. It is true that Katie Holmes has been on a film scene long enough to leave her mark as a “great” acctress, but she didn’t. Michelle Williams on the other had had started her acting career in the same TV Series as KH and she has established hereself as a very good acctresssince (with potential for much further development). Sorry, Katie dosn’t have what it takes, she lacks that courrage to try the unchartered teritory, she will forever remain the mediocre acctress. Let’s hope Suri becames a good acctress (she just might, she has already surpassed Katie’s acting abilities on a few ocasions).

@Sincerely concerned:

She has had 17 YEARS to convince us she has talent, but the majority of the critics and the public based on her movie sales don’t seem to agree. She is going to fade into the woodwork now. Check back in a few years and she probably will only be shown in posts that have Suri in them…wait that is happening on most other blogs and in most other media now!

I wouldn’t say that she lacks courage. I think doing theatre took guts. But I do think she’s better suited to tv or small films.

I don’t like throwing shade on her but every movie I’ve seen her in these past few years is proof that acting is not her calling. (With the exception of Pieces of April) I think she needs to find a profession that suits her better – and that doesn’t include fashion design either!

@tsquared: And if she can’t even shift tickets NOW at the height of her publicity and with public sympathy all on her side, well, I really don’t see things getting any better for her as far as acting goes. Katie thought marrying Tom would make her a star, then she thought divorcing Tom would make her star, but none of that is working. She’s not the new Nicole Kidman, she’s the new Mimi Rogers.

Suri the meal ticket @ 01/02/2013 at 1:56 pm

She should just suck it up and retire. $40K/month can support a very comfortable living in Toledo,OH, even way beyond Suri gets 18.
KHo’s struggle to have her daily fix of attention from the paps is pathetic to watch. A boring train wreck.

She’s very lucky to hook up to Tommy, otherwise she could have been teaching at a pre-K now.

She’d be OK on another TV series that doesn’t require much acting ability.

I heard she’s dating Jake Gyllenhaal. Since the acting thing, designer thing, dancing thing….etc, isn’t working out, she’s just going to be a professional beard for gay men. First Tom Cruise with a 5 year contract and now Jake Gyllenhaal. lol

What’s your point, #9? It’s not like Holmes never called herself some great thespian. She lives her life, obviously people want to see her act enough to get millions of dollars, and continues to improve herself.

There’s no need for her to retire, #14.

Sincerely concerned @ 01/03/2013 at 8:06 am

@tsquared: All I’m saying is that Dawson’s Creek gave her Only one dimension, so what experience is that. She scored in pieces of April, was mediocre in Batman (before Cruise), and everything after Cruise sucked, she had to get out. Still wonder why they offered her the next Batman role. Bet she regrets that big time. She’s doing stage to give her depth, so she knows what she needs to work on. By the way, the most recent Adam Sandler movies. I.e, That’s My Boy” were so trashy …but they bring in the $$$$!!! Won’t waist my breath with that! This world is going to hell and a hen basket, so don’t u think that people would realish a fresh outlook. I say let her take a stab at it, after all, it’s Midwestern values…. I only hope she does more stage for a couple yrs…