Nicole Kidman Covers 'Hollywood Reporter' Sundance Issue

Nicole Kidman Covers 'Hollywood Reporter' Sundance Issue

Nicole Kidman is gorgeous on the cover of The Hollywood Reporter‘s Sundance issue.

Here’s what the 45-year-old actress had to share with the mag:

On turning down big studio movies: “I come from Australia, I was trained in indie movies. It’s an unconscious decision — it’s who I am. As an actor, you live and die by your choices. I don’t associate with mainstream films anymore. I don’t do so well in them, either. I guess I have a foot in both worlds. I’ve been offered some studio films this year and turned them down. They just didn’t align with who I am.”

On urinating in The Paperboy: “I just don’t find urination shocking. I think I peed in the beginning of Eyes Wide Shut, too. But then, I don’t find a lot of things shocking! Violence is a lot more shocking than sex – sex is primal.”

On her relationship with directors: “I do develop very powerful relationships with most of my directors. Gus Van Sant changed my career with To Die For. I’ll definitely work with Lars von Trier again. And [The Hours director] Stephen Daldry is like a soulmate. He was so kind to me when I was pregnant, even when I couldn’t do The Reader.”

For more from Nicole, visit HollywoodReporter.com! Bigger cover inside…

nicole kidman covers the hollywood reporter 01

Credit: Ruven Afandor/THR
Posted to: Magazine, Nicole Kidman

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

Nicole is beautiful and wise.

Gorgeous lady!!

just amazing like all that she does

In other words, “The Stepford Wives and Bewitched were so embarrassing, I should just stick to smaller films.”

Please oh please no more info about Tom Criuse. I am so sick of her talking about him.

Urinating in public and violence are gross. Sex sometimes isn’t.

geeza louisa @ 01/16/2013 at 1:37 pm

I love the cover picture. Just beautiful. And DAPHNE if you don’t want more info on Cruise then write all the interviewers and ask them to stop asking her about him. Nicole, unlike Tom and other actors, does not give interviewers a list of questions and topics that they can’t ask or approach. She is very polite when she deflects a question and if you notice she has a stock line for her answers for Cruise. Says the same thing over and over–we certainly have not learned anything new over the last ten or so years have we?

That picture is incredibly airbrushed and photoshopped.

So beautiful and talented.

Liking that cover. Actually looks very Australian. Very classy woman.

Suri the meal ticket @ 01/16/2013 at 2:52 pm

@Daphne:

When pressed, she’ll say only: “I’ve chosen not to speak publicly about Scientology. I have two children [adopted with Cruise] who are Scientologists — Connor [the Red Dawn actor is now 17] and Isabella [20] — and I utterly respect their beliefs.” Vanity Fair’s Scientology exposé and Wright’s book both claim the Church turned them against her, something she’ll neither confirm nor deny. It’s maybe the one place this very purposefully open actress won’t go.

Nicole didn't say anything. don't vent on her. Respect an accomplished actor.

She is so beautiful and classy. She has had so many chances to throw that cult loving husband (who turned her own children against her) under the bus and she continues to do interviews with such grace and dignity. I don’t know why interviewers even ask her about him anymore. They divorced so long ago and she is clearly very happy with her new husband and 2 beautiful daughters! Move on! Who cares about crazy Tom anymore? Stop asking her about it! She is so above him and his kooky lifestyle and is probably so over it!

@Leslie: instead she has a cheating alcoholic husband, great catch!

ANONYMOUSE @ 01/16/2013 at 3:19 pm

Stunning cover; it leaps off the screen. Well done team!

@JP: Who went to rehab and got the proper care. He cleaned up and went on to be successful in all his endeavors and by all accounts looks like a wonderful father! So yeah… VERY great catch!

clara_belle @ 01/16/2013 at 3:51 pm

I do like her but I do thinks that it’s funny that she felt it was necessary to add that she had turned down the film The Reader. I thought that it was an unwritten rule for actors not to talk about the work that they passed on out of respect for those that took the roles instead.

i don’t care if it’s photoshopped.
it’s an amazing cover!

Little MY @ 01/16/2013 at 3:58 pm

@Dawn:

whats airbrushed the hat or her white shirt or is it the tiny cross she’s wearing.

Clara, she did not do The Reader because she was pregnant. She didn’t just pass on it

I just read the entire interview and she didn’t talk about Tom… she’s so classy and I’m so happy she’s with Keith who loves her a lot… I don’t know why they keep asking the same thing over and over… that Tom cruise thing was like a 100 years ago… so get over it!!!

ANONYMOUSE @ 01/16/2013 at 4:17 pm

I have just read the article, and if I may, I would like to make a couple of comments and “share” my observations.

The writer should have introduced her as wife of Keith Urban and not “ex-wife of Tom Cruise”.

In the article it says that Nicole watches American Idol; yet, when she was interviewed on Saturday, (the thread with her in the beautiful pink dress), when asked whether she will be watching American Idol, she said: “you mean stay at home and watch it? No! That’s not our style”.

I think sometimes Nicole either forgets what she says elsewhere or goes for expediency.

Also, on Ellen, a picture is shown of Keith with his guitar and his pickup truck with the girls jumping (dancing) on the back, and Nicole remarks: “that’s pretty much our life”. Sorry, Nicole, pull the other one; there is sufficient evidence out there to show that that is absolutely not the major part of your life. Be honest. You have every right to make all of your choices, just don’t try and pull the wool over our eyes. That’s manipulation. And lastly, I really don’t think it is fair to beam a picture of your 2 year-old (especially) to a world-wide audience. I feel that is impinging on Faith’s right to privacy.

And no, I am not a “hater”. Just Eyes Wide Open.

@anonymous. You are being nicer than usual, I think you are coming around, not perfect but better. Read a comment made after someone saw a picture of Keith and Nicole together “that’s what love looks like.”. I agree completely.

Well, I like her but Kate was great in The Reader I can’t imagine Nicole doing what Kate did! But she’s a great actress!

Anonymouse and all her other names is a fraud. She’s posting differently because the ratings are back. She’s been caught with her tail between her legs. It’s a joke that she thinks she can fool us with her nicities, pretend complements, and to top it off, threats of JJ ”investigations” and censorship. Her brains are scrambled. It’s that simple.

Nicole is freaking gorgeous here and the cover is a nice surprise. The haters here can’t handle reality.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All