Alexander Skarsgard & Brit Marling: Variety Studio at Sundance!

Alexander Skarsgard & Brit Marling: Variety Studio at Sundance!

Alexander Skarsgard, Brit Marling, and Ellen Page pose for a photo while doing press at the Variety Studio during the 2013 Sundance Film Festival on Monday (January 21) in Park City, Utah.

The co-stars were joined by director Zal Batmanglij that afternoon to chat about their new film The East. The studio was presented by Dockers and Speck.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Alexander Skarsgard

FYI: Brit is wearing a Proenza Schouler blouse and Prada boots. Zal is wearing the Stormy jacket by Aether Apparel.

The trailer for The East was just released. Check it out below!

“The East” Trailer

• Chris Brown and Drake are collaborating on a track together- TMZ
  • Cory Monteith's dad opens up on his death after one year- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Mitchell has signed on to star in Members Only- Just Jared Jr
  • When will Blake Lively go live with her new lifestyle website?- Lainey Gossip
  • Mariel Booth shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

British latin American @ 01/21/2013 at 6:53 pm

The always hot ASkars dominating the pic.

British Latin American @ 01/21/2013 at 6:55 pm

But let me be fair: the director is pretty cool, too. The two ladies are completely overshadowed.

Great pictures of the cast :)

Bumblebee @ 01/21/2013 at 7:19 pm

He looks so relaxed and happy. Love to see a happy skars.

Ellen is such a doll !

So no links to the trailer? Or perhaps you’re waiting, hoping to get another reason for a post?

Here some initial tweets after the premiere:

The cast looks great. That trailer is interesting. I’ve been wanting to see this movie the most, and it looks like it will be really good. I like movies like this a lot, so I hope that it gets the recognition it deserves.

They seem to genuinely like each other.

@Macy: The trailer does look good.

Here’s another review:

Sundance Review: ‘The East’ Is A Divisive, But Stylish Thriller & Worthy Companion Piece To ‘Sound Of My Voice’

@ladybug:
It definitely sounds interesting, and I like the trailer. I really hope my theater carries it when it comes out.

Alex looks so carefree & happy . Great reviews & great cast . I love the trailer so much . Definitely want to see this film . All of his films. He is a very talented man and i wish him nothing but the best .

I love the shot of them all sitting on the chairs. Only one person’s feet actually touch the ground, hehehe

I love how Alex towers over everyone*heh*, tall handsome Swedish hunk that he is!.

@Macy: Since it’s Fox Searchlight we may get lucky in that it’ll get wider release than Melancholia (I’m ignoring Straw Dogs) and be in ‘regular’ theaters, not just arty ones.

Really J.J... @ 01/22/2013 at 10:32 am

since Alex is your BF now. You are going to censor anything that criticizes him. Poor Alex can’t take criticism. Poor Alex has to ask J.J. to monitor the posts. Poor Alex can’t deal with the truth. He can do no wrong because he is sooo pretty.

This scrotum eyed ******

actors and normal people @ 01/22/2013 at 12:32 pm

Here is,she doesn’t come to Justjared,whoever pretend be her should stop do it right now!

actors and normal people @ 01/22/2013 at 12:40 pm

@Really J.J…:
and why on earth Alex should get critics?critics on what you wanna give? because so far comments that gives about him is everything except his work.So if is not his work what is the worth of Alex have critics?
also what truth you are talking about? you didn’t like his character in the film and what to give an opinion? (sure! i don’t believe one bit that is that the truth you wanna give)

@actors and normal people: Well, supposedly she doesn’t come here but she insulted us on her site, lmao. Leave that nasty person alone, you are just giving her free publicity. I detest her, she’s always mean and thinks too much of herself.

Don't Get It @ 01/22/2013 at 5:06 pm

@actors and normal people- first of all why did you feel you had to go over and post and then apologize for it.Do you realize she just called the people here a cesspool of crazy and deranged people. So who cares, she doesn’t.

@actors and normal people: Regarding the Meatballs, she’s not the only one who thinks this site is a little … off. JJ has a reputation, partly because he has no registration and no moderation, so the trolls run free on most every thread.

I like Meatballs’ snark and will still continue to link from her on occasion.

And asking a troll to stop trolling, well it’s not really going to happen. I freely admit to playing with them on occasion, but in reality, ignoring them is best.

And for some reason there is a lot of little rivalries within the fandom, Tumblr sites vrs Tumblr sites vs. fan forums vs. gossips sites. And that’ll also get played out here.

actors and normal people @ 01/22/2013 at 5:51 pm

@ladybug:
I am with you ladybug.My comment is in moderation but this is what i was trying to say.Specially as for the trolls.

actors and normal people @ 01/22/2013 at 5:53 pm

Think JJ don’t moderate my post because wanted share two links.One of her and other of the last interview of AS.Anyway,JJ have to do it more often why the trolls comments.

actors and normal people @ 01/22/2013 at 5:54 pm

LOL sorry JJ moderate my post because i wanted to share.My mistake.

actors and normal people @ 01/22/2013 at 6:13 pm

“JJ have to do it more often why the trolls comments”.sorry is JJ have to do it more often with the trolls comments.

ur a troll urself ladybug dont act shy.

actors and normal people @ 01/22/2013 at 7:21 pm

@limp:
Latina and with a terrible vocabulary.Who teach you to speak spanish? i see probably both were of low class.To show you such manner.

@actors and normal people: Yes, latinas, negroes and minorities are such scum and low class, unlike you a classy witty lady who can hardly spell and like a hilly billy, perpetuates the stereotypes.

@actors and normal people: Yeah, both my parents were latin and therefore low class and trashy. Pls keep talking, I’m in desperate need of white supremacist wisdom.

actors and normal people @ 01/22/2013 at 7:36 pm

@limp:
Well thank you for the white supremacy,indeed i am white but for both of you no,I was also born in Latin America.Surprised? that someone that also can call herself somehow latina has to show that your spanish is pathetic?

@actors and normal people: JJ’s moderation system never really liked multiple links per comment anyway, and now that seems like it’s on a month long drinking binge, less so.

And remember, ignore the trolls.

@actors and normal people: lol, dis puta, my abuelita would matala con fuego (she’s low class)

actors and normal people @ 01/22/2013 at 7:41 pm

@actors and normal people:
White and still mix race girl,born in Latin American for your information and yes,i have better education that you have.

@ladybug: then you’ll be ignored :(

@actors and normal people: I don’t think so, you can hardly spell and seem somewhat dense

actors and normal people @ 01/22/2013 at 7:44 pm

@cringe:
I don’t need to “matarla con fuego” she is low class but don’t need of it.
LOL sorry for the reply to me as well hahaha

actors and normal people @ 01/22/2013 at 7:47 pm

@ladybug:
I know of the trolls but is funny when they think something about someone and then they get a surprise about the person.

@actors and normal people: I was talking about you

@actors and normal people: Ignore them anyway. I know what they’re writing, as well, but 7 out of the last 12 comments are trolls.

And yes, there’s a full moon this weekend, which perhaps helps explain this particularly noxious troll outbreak.

actors and normal people @ 01/22/2013 at 8:26 pm

@ladybug:
Well yes,you are right.I was about to reply her but i got bored for the day.Maybe tomorrow and is a maybe.

HIS GOING!!!!!!!!!!! Happy dance and screaming. I live in Santa Barbara. Only bad thing is there are no longer selling pre sale tickets but the film fest operator said they might right before the event. Tickets are $80.00. As long as I get a chance to see him in real life I’m happy. Is anyone else going?

Det faktum att du måste vara så överdrivet flörtig med din co-stjärnor visar precis vad en hemsk aktör du egentligen är. Alex, Du försöker mycket hårt. Ni har noll kemi med alla dina co-stjärnor. Ni är inte som “lockande” som du tror du är. Att den här är inte är 2009. Din tid kom och gick.

@Alicia: Don’t steal my name you A Hole!!!!!!!!!

…oh great, now we also have additional swedish trolls…I thought the whole time trollish would be only a single special language…obviously I was wrong….

@ladybug: What was that? Freaky Troll-day?? But Full-moon is still a bit away…

As for SBFF: that’s great! Perhaps we get new pic’s then…possibly he shows then again how flirty he can be with his colleagues (as the swedish-troll has mentioned..)… ;))

One could mean that he has at least one pair of good shoes…LoL
I love that! He drives with flip-flops! With FLIP-FLOPS!!
Alex, my dear, why not even instantly bare-feet?? I have a ff who do that constantly (ok, not in the winter-time, of course)…:))

I meant barefoot, of course…LoL…sorry.

Cafélady and Alicia are 1 big A hole!!!

actors and normal people @ 01/24/2013 at 12:27 pm

@Cafélady:
yes saw the trolls,now they are swedish or pretend be swedish or just wanted to write in swedish in case Alex reads them.Who knows what is in the head of trolls? they are so complicated.Seems they haven’t follow Alex since 2009 (at least for what the troll wrote made me think he/she follow him since 2009) and always saying in interviews that he doesn’t reads what says about him LOL and i know this and i just follow him last year.

actors and normal people @ 01/24/2013 at 3:55 pm

Oh trolls little crying people,didn’t like my comment so they put thumbs down :(

Thank you all for doing such a wonderful job of proving exactly how f’n crazy you all are. This place is gross.

@Alicia: Sadly, nowhere near Santa Barbara.

Have fun!

@Cafélady: full moon is this weekend. For the States it’s known as the Full Wolf Moon. Perhaps it should be renamed Full Troll Moon.

It’s good that he gets to promote Disconnect. This is the one movie he’s not been previously able to promote at a festival.

actors and normal people @ 01/24/2013 at 5:59 pm

@ASM:
and more you for pretend be someone you are not.I did contact ASM and she never EVER wrote here.I feel sorry for you to be that honest,have a life of hate someone and pretend be her is so totally out of place.I already see you,crying on night long because surely no one loves you,not even family,i don’t think you have a husband/bf if you are female or gay (wife/gf if you are male or lesbian) and also i bet you don’t have a pet either,i can see you all alone and the only way to be happy is to insult someone else and pretend be someone you are not.

Well that explains why Alex was invited to Leo Di party after the GG After Party . He received a special award for his achievements while they was premiering Alex film Disconnect there as well .Celebrate Leo and film in one night . That was very good night for both . Alex looks great !!

@@45: I hate to disappoint you, but I post solely and only under the nick ‘Cafélady’. No using of different nicknames.
Too pity, I know! ;)

I’m glad that Alex is getting to do more promotion for his films. It will definitely help get his name out there more, and he’ll make more connections.

What a lovely picture of Alex as young,he was adorable (still is,hardly see him change).

Cafélady @ 01/26/2013 at 8:04 pm

@ladybug: #52 Full Wolf Moon? I like this one. :)
But you’re right, in this case we should name it Full Troll Moon…LoL ;)

Yeah, it’s good that he can promote ‘Disconnect’ – this year will be anyway quite busy – at least it seems like that. I wonder what project he will do next (aside of TB)…Something new at the ‘Tarzan’-movie topic or are any other projects named meanwhile?

@Cadulech: #59 Yes, it’s a lovely picture. Thanks for the link. Some idea in which year it was made (respectively how old he was there)?