Beyonce Talks Fake Pregnancy Rumors with 'GQ'

Beyonce Talks Fake Pregnancy Rumors with 'GQ'

Beyonce rocks a Brooklyn Nets hat and lacy bra in this newly released photo from her GQ February cover story.

Here’s some extra’s from the 31-year-old entertainer’s interview that were just released:

On rumors that her pregnancy was fake: “I felt like I kind of had to protect my mother [Tina], because when people made up the silliest rumor about me not really being pregnant, she was there when I went through all of those things. And my sister [Solange]. They were very, very defensive. It’s not personal to me, and it comes along with the job, but the lack of respect—people will just go too far sometimes.”

On giving birth to her daughter Blue Ivy Carter: “When I gave birth, that was the first time I truly let go and surrendered. And it taught me how amazing that feels… Giving birth made me realize the power of being a woman. I have so much more substance in my life. And expressing that excitement and that sensuality and the connection I have with my husband—I’m a lot more comfortable with that now. I actually feel like my child introduced me to myself.”

On her relationship with husband Jay-Z: “I was independent before I met my husband, and we have such a natural chemistry and a genuine relationship, and it’s based on the things that relationships are supposed to be based on. I’ve seen, growing up, when a woman or a man in a relationship—it doesn’t matter which one—doesn’t feel confident, they feel a bit trapped. Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.”

Also, check out a behind the scenes video from Bey‘s shoot!

For more from Beyonce, visit GQ.com. Bigger picture inside…

beyonce talks fake pregnancy rumors with gq 01

• Watch a trailer for Supernatural: Bloodlines- Entertainment Weekly
  • John Legend has a baby doppelganger- Huffington Post
  • Drake heads to a basketball game- Lainey Gossip
  • Sammy Braddy shows off her sexy lingerie - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

I do wonder, if Jay-Z was never Jay-Z, just some guy, worked as a roadie or a session musician, would Beyonce have ever looked twice at him?

That’s the thing about a lie, you have to keep telling it over and over again.

Love BEY AND JAY

I wonder if she will evolve as she gets older? I can’t imagine her still dressing like this at 40 (9 years from now).

I always thought she was really pregnant and everybody that said the opposite are going to see her baby bump on her documentary.

She is smart. Of course, HBO must be paid a lot money for it.

Flashbacks @ 01/22/2013 at 10:35 am

It’s been really interesting watching her (as well as JT, Britney, Christina, etc.) go from the teen icons they were just a bit over ten years ago and see how they’ve taken on maintaining their careers and being adults. They all went down completely different paths. Yeah, some faltered, but they’re all still on top, and it makes me wonder what teen icons, today, will be able to say the same in 2023.

not her fan but @ 01/22/2013 at 10:37 am

@Kim:

why? because you’re supposed to change the way you dress as you get older? because that’s what society expects from you? Well, F*CK that.

MyLeNe - Montreal @ 01/22/2013 at 10:46 am

SHE WAS NOT PREGNANT ! Of course she need to continue to lies about that … until she died.

Call me crazy.. I know.. but I STILL don’t believe she was pregnant.. no way.

@She isn’t going to show no baby bump, she will show the same baby bump she showed the world when she was pregnant at 4 months, which any woman can eat and blow out their stomache. I don’t trust nothing this woman do, even if she showed us her bump at 8 months, I wouldn’t believe it because she said it herself, I am very powerful, she can easily get fake baby bump on tv to make it seem like its real. Have you seen some of the movies of pregnant when they used fake prosthetic baby bumps. Hollywood makes some of the great movies with make up, why wouldn’t you think she would use her money to continue on hiding her lie. She has an album coming out and she is trying to clean up her imagine from last year. Its nothing she can change about her baby bump inflating on national tv.

MyLeNe - Montreal @ 01/22/2013 at 10:53 am

@susan:

we see the “4 months” baby bump you acutally talk about Susan in a very quick preview about the documentary … It’s totally the “buritos baby bump” we see on the beach when shoe wore a white bikini ! I’m sure evrybody remember that pictures !

@Leslie, I agree with you, she was never pregnant and with all her money, she can easily use hollywood technology to create this fake baby bump for this HBO special. If she really wanted to prove it she should’ve didn’t a year ago with a behind the scene live shoot. Her album is coming out and she is trying to clean up her image, from them taking over a hospital and from her fake pregancy.

i still dont believe she was pregnant and i think that she doesn’t understand why. there were so many signs pointing towards her having a surrogate. her entire pregnancy was suspicious. i mean if she had a surrogate, who cares? half of hollywood or even the world does it.

@not her fan but:

That’s not what I am saying…as an artist she is the same as she were in her 20s. She has not grown as an artist period. Its more a statement on her than a statement about society!

Some people have too much time on their hands. Only mentally ill people fake their pregnancy. Beyonce is going to fake her pregnancy for what, exactly?? Not even a fan of hers but it’s sad how people lose all of their common sense when it comes to this woman. Even if she used a surrogate,so what. She would have joined the millions of other women who have had surrogates.

MyLeNe - Montreal @ 01/22/2013 at 11:16 am

She was very quick for a 9 months pregnant woman .. lol

anonymouse @ 01/22/2013 at 11:25 am

@not her fan but:

no, you change the way you speak as you get older and wiser … clearly you still have many years to go

BEYONCE, WE LOVE YOU. YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!! KEEP LIVING YOUR LIFE LIKE YOU WANT TOO, ON YOUR OWN TERMS! :)

You go girl, do your thing and continued blessings.

@sillyme: Wow! Some people have lost their mind! And 9-11 never happened, and the Sandy Hook massacre was just a conspiracy! -rolls eyes-. Grow up people, or better, go to the psychiatrist.

@PENNY, I guess you haven’t heard, Beyonce didn’t really sing at the inauguration, she faked it, lip sync. Do you still think she isn’t a fake.

i think that she doesn’t admit that she had a surragate just because will ruin her “perfect” image… everybody will say “why? she doesn’t want a baby enough to get by herself? is she afraid of changing her body?”
people do say this kind of stuff… so she simply choosed to lie about that, and pretends to had a normal pregnancy just like people would like.

Me.Phillippe ♥ (Spanish) @ 01/22/2013 at 1:06 pm

In Beyoncé’s new documentary that HBO will broadcast, you can see how she shows her belly swollen and pregnant.

Only, that in his day (and I mean haters) they verified 100% that she was not pregnant as if they had lived with her entire pregnancy, now them do not know what to say.

The last stupid thing I read was that in the documentary put a digital tummy.
She was pregnant, believe it or not, in his last days he could see the legs, arms and face swollen.

I’m not a fan of Beyoncé. But I’m not going to base it on the doubt of their pregnancy, just for an interview in which ‘seems’ that carries a cushion.

not her fan but @ 01/22/2013 at 1:20 pm

@anonymouse:

Nope, clearly i’m a foreginer.
“no, you change the way you speak as you get older and wiser” – you also lose your brain cells as you get older. You are the best proof of that.

@Kim: Madonna didn’t!!!!!!