Leonardo DiCaprio Takes a Long Break From Acting!

Leonardo DiCaprio Takes a Long Break From Acting!

Leonardo DiCaprio rocks a fedora while taking a tour of a hotel on Tuesday (January 22) in Miami, Fla.

Over the weekend, the 38-year-old actor was seen cruising in a yacht with Naomi Campbell and other gal pals.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Leonardo DiCaprio

Leonardo recently told the press that he will be taking a break from acting.

“I am a bit drained,” he shared. “I’m now going to take a long, long break. I’ve done three films in two years and I’m just worn out.”

Leonardo added, “I would like to improve the world a bit. I will fly around the world doing good for the environment.”

10+ pictures inside of Leonardo DiCaprio having some fun in Miami…

leonardo dicaprio takes a long break from acting 01
leonardo dicaprio takes a long break from acting 10
leonardo dicaprio takes a long break from acting 11
leonardo dicaprio takes a long break from acting 12

Credit: PacificCoastNews; Photos: SplashNewsOnline, BauerGriffinOnline
Posted to: Leonardo DiCaprio

Leo Is King @ 01/22/2013 at 5:57 pm

It’s good that he knows when to rest. He certainly deserves a break.

I hope he take the break forever. LOl

Nice to see him relaxing. And he sure seems to be interested in her cell phone. Wonder who he is texting like that:)

You wanna do good for the environment? Don’t fly around.

No offense to him at all, but if he hadn’t announced this, I doubt many people would have noticed! He isn’t the kind of actor that just cranks them out one after the other.

@Pepper: So what is he supposed to do? Walk to different countries? Environmentally cautious people do fly when they have to travel long distances. I don’t see what’s the problem with that since millions of people fly every day. I see why ppl think he is a hypocrite since he doesn’t necessary do what he preaches about but this flying thing is just silly.

@lol…: flying in private plane for doing green activities is NOT GREEN CONSCIOUS

and partying with friends and young models is not green conscious

I must have missed the part where he said he was going to fly PRIVATE around the world…

I don’t think he should take a break. I just think he should have fun and do some comedic roles. His roles always involved too much energy, drama that makes him be in character all the time. Relax, have fun and do some comedy.

@carrie: Your comment is arrogant.

After he ruins Jay Gatsby for me forever I’ll be glad if he does take a long break, no matter how good he is in Django. But really, flying round the world for the environment is a bit of an oxymoron.

Then maybe when he comes back he can make a film about someone whose actually happy.

Why is he lecturing us about the environment when he’s still CHAIN SMOKING?

Is there anyone forcing you to watch Leo as Gatsby? Don’t watch it and he won’t ruin it for you!
How do you think green activist travel from one country or continent? By walking or swimming? I bet he still does more than you do…

Flying around the world is not eco-cautious. And what kind of break does he need? From partying in yachts with models?

CanadaGirl @ 01/22/2013 at 7:10 pm

Glad to hear it. It’s not healthy to work too much. (I need to take my own advice there)
LD has put in a lot of time working on projects (preparation + research), filming and promotion. It’s draining.
We’ll be seeing a bit of him once his two promotions for Wolf and Gatsby gear up, however.
I wonder how long of a break he’ll take. One or two years?

Break from work. It`s right there in the post you just need to read it.

Jessiegroo @ 01/22/2013 at 7:24 pm

Guys! He doesn’t take a private plane! Honest! Look it up! He’s so environmentally conscious that he goes undercover on a everyday economy plane. There are even pictures of him doing so. I love Leo, he’s a great actor. Don’t go hating on him because of what you “assume”

John Q Public @ 01/22/2013 at 7:24 pm

Must be nice to have that option Leo. I guess he doesn’t realize how arrogant it sounds.

CanadaGirl @ 01/22/2013 at 7:25 pm

@….: He doesn’t look bored. He looks quite “over” the paps stalking him for pictures.
He is done…. not permanently, of course, but he’s tired of the ‘game’. It’s written all over him and has been for awhile.
As for all the hooking up with model comments, I see him as really trying to find a real relationship with his last couple of girlfriends. It’s just not working out. Sure, it could be scheduling or what not, but I think that he is a restless person naturally and feels confined easily.
Taking time off to discover what he wants out of life is a good idea. He’s off to a good start – hanging with family. Personally, I think he needs good food and wine, travel, family, rest, and pet projects to propel him forward and cleanse the soul.
he’s been taking more chances with his work, perhaps he needs the same with his personal life? No. Not with the ‘not yet a woman’ crowd.
I want to say that he’ll challenge himself personally/socially like he does with his work, but……………………. we’ll see I guess.

Jane Public @ 01/22/2013 at 7:27 pm

@John Q Public: Give it a rest. Are you hounded by the paps daily? Do you have to hide in order to enjoy your life? It’s his life, time and money, and he can do with it as he chooses.

Ugh. He annoys me. He can take a long break. I don’t care

///\\\///o.o\\\///\\\ @ 01/22/2013 at 7:39 pm

@23 – Take your own advice and take a long break from the thread.

SunnyAutumn @ 01/22/2013 at 7:55 pm

Leo is going to travel by private jet, puffing on his cigarettes, lying about on gas-sucking yachts to help people. Well, at least he is helping people.

@@Fan:
Your constant obsession with his sex life. LMAO.

@lol…: because he only uses private plane !
i’m Leo fan ,i know he’s honest about his activism but he doesn’t use commercial flight since a long time

TURN AROUND LEO…then take your shirt off ;)

@28: Of course he only uses private planes. Nothing else. Whatever you say, hun.

Hes looking soo good lately, loving his style :)

ok it has been MONTHS since we head of Leo with a girl, the last we heard was the whole Miranda Kerr debacle which Lainey confirmed as true and then Margot Robbie but nothing since then….he must have a girl on the DL or something, this IS Leo DiCaprio were talking about!! It will be interesting to see who his next offical gf is….whoever she is I just hope she makes him happy.

@mmm -
Are these girls “local models for companionship”? Hilarious. Leo and his boys will never change, that’s for sure.

@34 well the girl facing us certainly doesn’t look like a model and we can only the back of the other girls head so how you came up with the “local models for companionship” theory im not so sure.

Thought that Margot Robbie thing was going to develop a little further, it’ll be interesting to see them do press together.

the girl with the braid looks like she’s 15 years old. I hope she’s the daughter of one of his friends, otherwise Leo might be on the verge of being questionned for inciting minors.

@37 She is really pretty

@sarah: What makes them interesting?

He’s taking a break and I don’t think it’s because he wants to find a serious relationship with a girl at least. That isn’t going to happen because he is gay.
He wants to take a break because it takes a lot of energy to pretend to be someone you are not. Like others have said, other actors have families and make more films than he does.
I think he’s tired of pretending and wants to fade out of the public eye or at least lay low….

http://postimage.org/image/a1mjb9d47/ hed rather look at his nails than these girls, so ya id say romance is blossoming

This is my favorite pic @ 01/23/2013 at 7:39 am

He looks so “interested” in them! LOL

As Lainey and Moe Jackson said these girls are probably `local talent` so that says it all about interest…
Looking at these young girls it seems like the son-mother bonding time turned into father-daughter bonding time. Both Leo and his buddy look like they could be their fathers.

Wow. Those last pics posted speak volumes. He really needs to make a change. Just not sure he is capable at this point. Hopefully he will surprise us, though!

I like him on the Miami photos. Too bad the facial heir is making a comeback!

I don’t mind the facial hair. But I really hate when Leo wears particular this head wear. For some it makes him look out of shape and older.
Stick to base-ball or newsboy caps Leo!

@54: LOL! We are the opposite because I don’t mind the hat! To me it’s the facial hair that makes him look older, less handsome and neglected! Well, he definitely has a unique style!

@Message:
Not surprised at all.
Its been hinted at for years. And is very common in Hollywood.
What’s interesting is that Leo has also been linked in the way past with Naomi Campbell and there are pics showing the 3 (Leo Naomi Cammie) hanging out together. So he’s pretty much banged two women most assume were his very close friends.
And Cameron and Naomi have both banged Puff Daddy in secret.
Awkward? Not at all. That’s how the rich roll.

@CanadaGirl: I agree with others who say he deserves and needs a break. No one can work hard constantly. But as to relationships and him being restless and feeling confined easily, IF that’s true than he really doesn’t want more than fun with some girl. Also, IF he’s that restless than men like that are bad relationship material, especially the ones with power and money. Commitment and fidelity are not their strong suits. None of us know him anyway, but speculating can be a bit fun :).

@sarah
are these adolescent groupies meant for “decoration”?

self talker alert @ 01/23/2013 at 5:54 pm

the idiot’s back. pretending its more than one person invested in turning 5 adults around a pool into another ‘escorts and prostitute’ storyline!

‘Long, long break’ meaning depends on the person who’s talking.

Leonardo, if after your break the world are not improved, I will be highly disappointed. I am expecting a big improvement in the world now.

Really guys, his statement makes me crack up essentially.
I know Dicaprio has different blood in his veins, but he is a typical American, and as we all know from their (Americans) movies and political speeches what kind of “world savers” and “peace keepers” they are.
Go, man, go! lol

Uncle Fenster @ 01/23/2013 at 7:32 pm

Hi, @MJ:
Wanting it and being able to sustain it are two different things. From the outside, it does seem like he’s bored with the same old. I know, I know, we were just barraged with the Oz pictures and the yacht ladies, etc., but I think that that trip had more than one motive. He doesn’t put his life on display like that unless there’s a reason. He CAN go under the radar.
IMO he’s bored and done with the whole scene and been ‘off’ for awhile. A break is exactly what he needs.
As for the girls in the picture… http://postimage.org/image/a1mjb9d47/ they’re young and gorgeous. That may not be a popular sentiment, but there’s no need to girl hate. It’s not like these girls created an international incident or spew racial epitaphs.
Leo and his friend look way too mature to be hanging with these girls. On their own they are handsome, but the side by side comparison smacks of licentiousness – especially with buddy-boy sucking on his cigar.

Canada Girl @ 01/23/2013 at 7:36 pm

Hi, @@Message: :)
lol… forgot to change my screen name above. Haha. *giggles*

Canada Girl @ 01/23/2013 at 7:38 pm

PS – I’m not the self-talker. Although, I have been known to talk to myself at work….. don’t ask. (God, I need a new job)

@Uncle Fenster:not more gorgeous than Bar stinkerbell! : )

Oh C/G doll, we know you’re not the self talker.
Its ‘the all girls around Leo are “escorts and prostitutes, everyone else is naive’”repetitive pic spamming twit being referred to.

Oh goody!, now we have loons obsessed with ‘stinkerbell’ calling her out in absentia! Cos everyone here is ‘stink’! Can’t get enough of ‘stink’. Thread going downhill in 3-2-1

@Uncle Fenster:
No arguments from me. Completely agree with everything you wrote.
Funny is on the boat in Sydney (with that girl in the fedora) he looked happy and quite into her.
But these pics and the one with Naomi/ his mom, he seems bored and out of it.
It seems court jester Jonah Hill is the one that can bring Leo out of a funk and into a smiley mood. I expect Hill to be landing in Miami soon.

Italian Fan @ 01/23/2013 at 9:06 pm

I took a look at all the photos posted under this thread of Leo in Miami, and frankly it is pretty obvious that what interested him the most was his blackberry (or IPhone). I would like to know who was reading his so important messages…:)

Italian Fan @ 01/23/2013 at 9:07 pm

… and to who he was talking to.

Hes going to fly around the world doing good for the environment (in his solar powered jet).

He looks like the guy you see pissing in the shrubs on the 9th green.

I just have the strong feeling he’s still after Bar. All these pics she photos on her twitter is to get his attention. And he’s texting alot in this pics like in 2010 when they split and came back together. He was on holiday with models and texting all the time and she was in ny standing on the street with her cell phone. He is propably trying to convince her again.

@well…: Why so nasty…if you look, both these girls have workout clothes on, they may be trainers, they don’t look like groupie bimbos to me!

So just because he’s texting a lot, he’s still after Bar? Ok….

@Alan
that was in 2009. I don’t think he is after Bar… but he could very well be after a “new one”. His face expression and body language are not those of a happy and satisfied fellow. He looks relaxed, for sure. But not happy.

@GG

Very true. He probably needs something new in his life. Hope he will found what he’s looking for. Bye bye Leo.

@Alan:
Oh for Gods sake. must we have these idiotic comments always.
Leo does not need to convince anyone. HE dumped HER 2 years ago in a very public way. He cheated on her in their relationship as typical before that and she never left him. Her career is in the $hitter. If he wanted Bar or Erin he probably need only snap his fingers. All this time an they still need to attach themselves to him.
He’s texting and the ONLY person in the world he can text is an ex? Cause he does not know anyone else? Stupid logic.

@82
the same pathetic nonsensical wishful thinking is repeated in practically every Leo thread. You can only laugh at the desperation.Therapy is needed.

Leo’s got Django Fever!

tinkerbell @ 01/25/2013 at 12:08 am

oh i am so getting edited….not even moderated—-but removed without warning

There are new pictures of Leo in LA. He’s in a car wih K. Connolly. You go and see them on NEWSCOM.

@Uncle Fenster: Uncle Fenster, no girl hating or any other kind of hate from me :) Yes wanting it and sustaining it are different but there are ways to sustain it if you really want it. Just my opinion.

@tinkerbell: Well thank The lord for that :)

Great issues altogether, you just received a new reader. What could you recommend about your put up that you just made some days ago? Any sure?

monday monday @ 02/05/2013 at 12:42 am

testing

monday monday @ 02/05/2013 at 12:44 am

Leo should sail around the world, not in some huge yacht but a real sail boat propelled by the wind and the waves? hot air balloon is another option