Ryan Gosling Suits 'GQ Australia' Magazine February 2013

Ryan Gosling Suits 'GQ Australia' Magazine February 2013

Ryan Gosling is dashing on the cover of GQ Australia magazine’s February 2013 issue, out on newsstands now!

Here’s what the 32-year-old actor had to share with the mag:

On his first taste of Showbiz: “When I was a kid, it (his uncle – a wannabe Elvis impersonator) was certainly the most interesting thing going on in the house. He made his own costumes, did all the sequins – it took months. And I became a bit like his shadow, helping him when I could. He was in the mirror, working on the voice and singing, and he slowing created this character, and then he put together an act and performed in a local talent show. And because I was so interested, he made me the head of security. As a joke.”

On all the attention: “It’s strange. It has a dream-ish quality. Like, you’re in a dream where everybody knows you but you don’t know anymore. It kinda feels like that. I guess the benefit is that it’s kept off the internet. At the end of the day I think that’s probably for the best. It’s a like a minefield for me.”

On his knitting skills: “I did this scene in Lars and the Real Girl where I was in a room full of old ladies who were knitting, and it was an all-day scene, so they showed me how. It was one of the most relaxing days of my life. If I had to design my perfect day, that would be it. And you get something out of it at the end. You get a nice present. For someone who wants an oddly shaped, off-putting scarf.”

For more on Ryan, visit Gq.com/au!

ryan gosling suits gq australia magazine february 2013 01
ryan gosling suits gq australia magazine february 2013 02

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
face of squirrel @ 01/23/2013 at 8:38 am

his movies are a flop

creepy idiot

he is a pretty man

Dave Franco @ 01/23/2013 at 9:24 am

“His Movies flop?” He chooses to do smart indie films. Gangster Squad is the second big films he’s done, The Notebook being the other one.

Dave Franco @ 01/23/2013 at 9:25 am

Cant wait to see HOW TO CATCH A MONSTER. The script is out there, and it’s very dark movie. He’s got THE PLACE BEHINDTHE PINES and, the controversial, ONLY GOD FORGIVES. You better be ready, haters!

Nobody's fan @ 01/23/2013 at 9:54 am

Girls swooning over him are pathetic. Same thing with Leonardo Dicaprio, Johnny Depp and so on, any actor, actress or musician. I don’t hate them but I don’t cream my panties for them. I don’t follow everything an actor or a musician does, I don’t automatically go watch a movie or buy music based on someone’s name. The groupie mentality is degrading.

@Nobody’s fan: smartest comment ever! These dumb broads need to realize that they will never, and I mean NEVER get a chance with these men so stop dissing every woman they encounter and have some respect for yourself.

@Nobody’s fan: then why are you here?

Dave Franco @ 01/23/2013 at 11:48 am

Yeah, I agree. Fan girls are nuts. It’s the ‘obsession’ that really annoys me.

Perez Hilton has, by far, the worst ‘Gosling obsession.’ Just let them be… There was an interview while back where Ryan said he felt ‘uncomfortable’ in that role because of being a star, when he’s just an actor.

Nobody's fan @ 01/23/2013 at 12:07 pm

@um what?:
to GOSSIP. This ain’t a fansite.

Gangster Squad is a critical and financial disaster. No matter how hard Hollywood tries, he is NOT a star. He has no “it” factor. Just give it up and stop shoving him down our throats please.

I will not buy your magazine.

He’s not charming to me at all. He says the same stuff over and over. He seems so full of crap. And Gangster Squad was a TERRIBLE movie.

@Dave Franco:

Yeah, get ready for more movies nobody is going to see where he repeats the same character over and over again!

To me PERSONALLY, I don’t think he’s handsome….. I remember I even thought he was ugly when I was a kid and he played in that kid tv show,.. BUT this is only my own personal taste. And it’s ony physical. I mean…. He seems like a nice guy. And I wouldn’t rudely say “no” to a guy like him… I bet he’s awesome in fact

@Young:

and? Brad pitt or George Clooney have a lot of box office failures!

And true! RG is not a star, he is an ACTOR.

Long face is totally overrated in the looks dept.

Some people with terrible taste in movies in this threat. RG has some extremely good movies in his career, and I feel that The Place Beyond the Pines and Only God Forgives are going to join that list. He is one of the most interesting and charismatic male actors at the moment. Even talented, young or older actresses like Diane Keaton, love him.

Ryan Gosling is stunning!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

He is a bit weird looking (as he has acknolwedged) but he can really act. He is one of the few deserving ones in Hollywood!

Shoving your face in front of the paps does not mean you have acting chops – just an overinflated personality.

What’s “kept of the Internet”? That makes no sense.

Dave Franco @ 01/23/2013 at 6:10 pm

Go watch THE BELIEVER. It’s his best movie to date. He explores his true acting, not like in DRIVE where he couldn’t explore anything but be a mute. Fine if you don’t like him but he is one of the hard working CHILD actors who made it big, like JGL.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All