Daniel Day-Lewis Credits Leonardo DiCaprio in SAG Awards Acceptance Speech

Daniel Day-Lewis Credits Leonardo DiCaprio in SAG Awards Acceptance Speech

Leonardo DiCaprio hangs out on set while filming a commercial for Jack Daniels on Sunday (January 27) in Malibu, Calif.

The 38-year-old actor bounced a ball of ice up and down as part of the shoot!

That evening, Daniel Day-Lewis, Leonardo‘s Gangs of New York co-star, mentioned him in his Best Actor Lincoln acceptance speech at the 2013 SAG Awards.

“I’d like to thank Leonardo DiCaprio, my friend, and Liam Neeson – both gave me great support and encouragement,” Daniel said to the viewers.

Check out Daniel‘s speech below where he mention’s his pal Leo!

daniel day lewis credits leonardo dicaprio in sag awards acceptance speech 01
daniel day lewis credits leonardo dicaprio in sag awards acceptance speech 02
daniel day lewis credits leonardo dicaprio in sag awards acceptance speech 03
daniel day lewis credits leonardo dicaprio in sag awards acceptance speech 04
daniel day lewis credits leonardo dicaprio in sag awards acceptance speech 05

• Watch a trailer for Supernatural: Bloodlines- Entertainment Weekly
  • John Legend has a baby doppelganger- Huffington Post
  • Drake heads to a basketball game- Lainey Gossip
  • Sammy Braddy shows off her sexy lingerie - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 712 » Show All

So the millions in the bank clearly aren’t enough for Leo, ‘hey man gotta do another commercial.’

I don’t really think it’s all about the money…more like publicity…

@Well: publicity for Jack Daniels??? Of course that’s what commercials are all about! : )

He should do more commercials :)

its because of leo daniel took the role,, what a very good friend he is

Backstage, Daniel Day-Lewis was asked to expand on his shoutout to Leonardo DiCaprio in his decision to play President Lincoln.
“Leo, just in a chance meeting, asked me if I’d given up on the idea because he knew that I’d considered it a while ago . . . I hadn’t thought about it for a long time, maybe some years, and he said, ‘Don’t give up on it. He’s the greatest man of the 19th century.” And it stayed in my mind. So this is all Leo’s fault.”

Wonder is there anyone in Hollywood who doesn’t like Leo, popular boy

wow apparently Leo’s in NY now, hes like a energizer bunny dont know how he does it

He was out at kate Hudsons party after a Muse concert on Sat, then in the morning was filming this and then by evening was bowling with Jonah Hill in NYC……..i’m getting tired just thinking about it!!

@@8: thanks for the update! Keep ‘em coming!

dont hit i'm belgium @ 01/28/2013 at 11:56 am

@@8: remember it ‘s his green activities to protect the environment

CanadaGirl @ 01/28/2013 at 12:52 pm

DDL is incredibly gracious. He’s an intense actor on set as rumor has it, but seems like a great guy.

CanadaGirl @ 01/28/2013 at 12:55 pm

@ebony: Thanks for the link. Interesting videos. It’s got to be a pain in the a** to deal with paps.

CanadaGirl @ 01/28/2013 at 12:57 pm

Ahhh….. moderation.
@ebony – thanks for the link. Interesting videos. It amazes me how much they can zoom on their subject. He must have been a couple km away.
Paps = pain in the a** for our hard working Leo.

CanadaGirl @ 01/28/2013 at 12:57 pm

OMG….. total moderation. WTF.

Guess he’s taking a break from acting to shoot commercials???

I’m glad he talked Daniel Day-Lewis into playing Lincoln. Now THAT was a great movie.

@Weirdo: you can say that again!

Hes doing the commercial because, why the heck not? Gee people!

tinkerbell @ 01/28/2013 at 8:50 pm

ok must weigh in, that hair color is hideous, what are they thinking, and that face is not happy to see us. he looks abs hideous there, mean, nasty dude. Sorry folks, that is true. It’slike Leo get over yourself, you lost the Oscars, but you can sell your soul probably for millions for this ad—if the got 5 million for that stupid phone ad I bet he is getting the same for this if not more. That is why he is doing it.

DDL—I used to work across from Equinox in NYC. DDL was dating one of the trainers there, he broke up with her by FAX. I always thought that was lame. Didnt like him Gangs either, not that i was supposed to.

Ok, leo can still be attractive, just not here they died his hair to almost his natural color, or maybe it is to match Jack Daniels????

CanadaGirl @ 01/28/2013 at 11:30 pm

Tink, at least it wasn’t a post-it…. I guess…. still harsh though.
The hair does look a bit brassy. I can recall getting a colour that I did not like and using Selsun Blue to fade it, which it does exceptionally well btw. His hair sort of looks like mine did – a faded, brassy auburn.
*shruggs* It’s hair. It’ll grow out. I’d love to see him cut it really short. He has a a nice face for short hair.
The attitude…. I don’t know. I give him a pass. It’s got to be a pain in the a** to deal with these paparazzi. I just watched $ellebrity and it amazes me how these folks are hounded. WORSE is how we (looks around at the thread) are complicit in the frenzied culture that actors have to deal with. Tinkerbell gets it. She’s worked in the industry, but I don’t know about other people. I feel bad for clicking on the pictures, but I do for those that I find interesting. I make one exception for photos with kids (Gisele), but for other celeb kids I won’t click on a thread that I think will have a child in it. It just seems wrong.
Django is still doing well and raking in box office overseas. Sorry, haters. QT and the cast did a great job on this one:
BOX OFFICE MOJO: “Around-the-World Roundup: ‘Django’ Repeats. . .”
by Ray Subers
January 28, 2013
Django Unchained once again led the foreign box office, reaffirming that mixing Quentin Tarantino with an all-star cast is enough to get foreign audiences to check out a western. . .
Django added $43.1 million from 64 markets this weekend. Its biggest opening took place in Australia, where it claimed first place with $4.2 million (noticeably higher than Inglourious ********’s $2.6 million). Across its holdover markets, it dipped an average of 21 percent; it eased 11 percent to $8.1 million in Germany, 18 percent to $6.6 million in France, and 16 percent to $3.8 million in the U.K.
Through less than two weeks in theaters, Django has earned $111.6 million overseas. Add in its great $146.2 million domestic haul, and the movie is at $257.7 million worldwide; it should pass Inglourious ********’s $321.5 million total in the next two weeks.
**************************************************************************************************************
Have a great night, everyone.

@CanadaGirl: hey hippo, how goes it?

Does anyone else get the feeling he is doing these ads and crammed a bunch of movies in, in a row, because he’s getting older and feels like he has to cash in on his looks before it all fades?
I don’t know, I’m just thinking, it seems odd to me that now he’s doing a flurry of work and these random ads and now he says he wants to take a break.
I’ve always thought he was good-looking but I have to agree with Tink. He’s so out of shape. I’m not saying he has to be perfectly toned, I think some celebs take it to an extreme, but it would be nice to see him work-out. I wonder how he is going to look in the movie (WOWS)? When I saw him in The Departed and he took his shirt off, he had some stomach flab that was just unattractive during one of the love scenes.
Side note: DDL has always struck me as socially awkward. I’m not surprised he broke up with someone by fax, lol.

CanadaGirl @ 01/29/2013 at 5:46 pm

Sorry for the comment spam. I got moderated again and again, and usually the comments get deleted.
Any new news? I read on another site that the girl in the pictures from Miami is Margot. Not sure of it is/was. I don’t know much about her, so I couldn’t say. the girl in the photos is considerably thinner than her older pictures.
Thoughts?
It’s January and it’s ….. thundering and raining. Yesterday was snow and freezing rain. Weird.

CanadaGirl @ 01/29/2013 at 5:57 pm

@Weirdo: It seems as though he’s been planning some time off for awhile and did several projects now so he could do just that.
Smart move really. The work is filmed… his job isn’t quite complete yet with the publicity for each film. He’s a smart cookie…. he can drop off the radar for awhile, but still be in the public “eye” when his movies are in the theaters. Absent but not really gone, so to speak.
“When I saw him in The Departed and he took his shirt off, he had some stomach flab that was just unattractive during one of the love scenes.”
O.O
No offense, hon’, but WTH are you saying?! He looked FANTASTIC in that movie. I was all over that shirt removal. Jesus, woman. What ridiculous standards do you have? lol.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 712 » Show All