Eva Mendes Joins Ryan Gosling's 'How to Catch a Monster'?

Eva Mendes Joins Ryan Gosling's 'How to Catch a Monster'?

Eva Mendes has reportedly been cast in the upcoming film How to Catch a Monster, which is being directed by her boyfriend Ryan Gosling.

The 38-year-old actress will play “Cat, a prominent figure of the Big Bad Wolf Club,” according to Bloody Disgusting.

The flick will also star Christina Hendricks, Ben Mendelsohn, and Rob Zabrecky.

How to Catch a Monster revolves around “a single mother of two being swept into a macabre and dark fantasy underworld while her teenage son discovers a secret road leading to an underwater town.”

Also pictured: Ryan grabbing lunch with a pal at Timmy Nolan’s on Thursday (January 31) in Toluca Lake, Calif.

eva mendes joins ryan goslings how to catch a monster 01
eva mendes joins ryan goslings how to catch a monster 02
eva mendes joins ryan goslings how to catch a monster 03
eva mendes joins ryan goslings how to catch a monster 04
eva mendes joins ryan goslings how to catch a monster 05

Kim Kardashian/Instagram

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

I knew it. I knew he would cast her in his movie.

blue_belle @ 02/06/2013 at 2:06 am

She’s not going anywhere. But that’s ok. It’s his life and she must make him happy. Maybe she’s nice and not the diva she’s made out to be?
I hope so.

Well at least she got a job..

of course she did… shocking!

He’s the one who got her the role on Place Beyond the Pines.

At first, I didn’t like that Ryan was dating a woman who is reportedly arrogant. But, now, after the way she was treated by his fans and non fans because of their relationship, I sort admire that he has stayed with her. Besides, liking older women makes him hotter.

Well their showmance kept them successfully in the headlines last year – more so than box office numbers. Get ready for lots of pap pictures from the set, LOL!

Being Ryan Gosling’s girlfriend has it’s perks.

She isn’t all that bad of an actress. She just hasn’t had the greatest roles. I thought she was amazing in “We Own The Night” but that’s really it. I think she’s more a “Jessica Alba” actress. Not all that talented but very pretty lol

Dying laughing. Of course, of course. Ryan is “that guy” at this point…it’s like an ongoing, endless, bad cliche playing out…really? Really?? Integrity is the last thing you can call your own in this town..oh brother. Although, he did call Blake Lively an amazing actress, which pretty much cements the theory that he’ll literally give props to anyone, regardless of whether it’s true hahaha.

OMG Google Kelsnetwork and see @ 02/06/2013 at 3:54 am

i cant wait to see her in the movie!!!

christina @ 02/06/2013 at 4:15 am

I think she’s a pretty dull,plain boring actress, but being Ryan such a generous, caring soul I must say I was expecting him to cast her. Looks like her role is not a very significant one tough, which makes me feel positive. And I could not agree more with Anne when she says liking older women makes Ryan even hotter….what a fine specimen is he!!!

I would love it if they broke up just before it. They are rarely even seen out together is this supposed to make them look serious? Eva can’t act her way out of a wet paperbag it isn’t the roles to blame it’s the actress. She get’s the roles she does because she isn’t a great actress. Now she is getting some more work but only because she is sleeping with the director and it’s a small role not the main one which will make it easier to replace her.

Having read the script I would agree that her role wouldn’t be a huge one, but its significant, nonetheless.

@xena: she can’t get nothing on her own . That’s is sad. She is not a real woman.

It seems like he really loves her…awww

Is anybody but Ryan’s middle aged fan girls even going to pay to see this movie?

barbie kate @ 02/06/2013 at 7:13 am

another big box office for the king of hollywood
juas juas

It’s so funny reading this. When director guys choose their girls for a role, it’s not really casting. If there was a casting, they would find much better actresses.

sexiest dog alive @ 02/06/2013 at 7:53 am

ohhhh please all of you fangirls should stop talking like he is gods gift for woman…you dont know him personaly maybe he is a jerk maybe she is how cares???
Just another hollywood relationship that i dont give a damn about and neither should all of you, even if he is single that doesnt mean that he is waiting for you he will get the next sexy ***** and that will not be one of you!!!!

cheerfulg @ 02/06/2013 at 9:23 am

Eva in Ryan’s film? Oh come on, really? Why this is the most shocking news of the whole day, right before the 8.0 earthquake and 2 feet of snow to come [big fat eye roll with a sloppy yawn]. I do bet their home life was pretty interesting before she was cast.

I wonder how this movie is going to turn out? I hear it’s pretty dark.
He cast Eva because she’s his girlfriend. She probably begged for a role and he wanted to be nice. It doesn’t necessarily mean she’s right for it. Or maybe he wrote it with her in mind? I don’t know.

Ryan is an actor who has a lot of power in hollywood right now. Her being with him automatically raises her profile. He is really trying to help her out with her career. I used to be really jealous of her, and thought she didn’t deserve him. But I don’t know her, or him for that matter.

This is proabbly a good thing

It will kill both of their careers

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All