Gerard Butler Sues 'Motor City' Producers for Unpaid Wages

Gerard Butler Sues 'Motor City' Producers for Unpaid Wages

Gerard Butler flashes a smile while arriving solo at LAX Airport on Thursday (February 14) in Los Angeles.

The 43-year-old actor recently filed a lawsuit against the producers of the film Motor City, who failed to pay him his $4 million salary plus deferred compensation after the film was scrapped right before production began.

“Seeking to capitalize on Butler‘s hugely popular persona and worldwide recognition, Defendant solicited Butler‘s services as the lead actor in a theatrical motion picture tentatively entitled Motor City,” the lawsuit reads (via The Wrap). “After offering Butler the starring role in the motion picture on a pay-or-play basis, Defendant then used and exploited Butler‘s attachment to the motion picture to pre-sell the distribution rights and raise financing.”

FYI: Pay-or-play means that the producer agrees to pay the actor whether the project is made or not.

10+ pictures inside of Gerard Butler at the airport…

gerard butler solo lax arrival on valentines day 01
gerard butler solo lax arrival on valentines day 10
gerard butler solo lax arrival on valentines day 11
gerard butler solo lax arrival on valentines day 12
gerard butler solo lax arrival on valentines day 13

1,660 Comments

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 767 » Show All

Hey, , the paparazzi оf Los Angeles, get to work. I love Butler and want to know everything about it.))))

this guy needs to grow up the movie didn’t get made he doesn’t get paid he doesn’t have the clout to have that kind of clause in his contract as Paul Newman used to

God Bless yoou all! @ 02/14/2013 at 6:34 pm

Happy, Happy Valentines Day all!

Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.” 1 John 3:18

Boy he sure is cutting it close for valentines day if he’s there for ” she who shall not be named” lol!

Looks like he’s scanning the crowd for his piece. She must be in town by now.

@courtney…it doesn’t matter what kind of clout he has. The producers entered into a contractual agreement guaranteeing Butler payment whether the movie was made or not…..It’s not about clout or being a bad actor. It’s about following through on a contract. Was the contract not the smartest move? yea, but the producers are obligated to pay him

dont hit i'm belgium @ 02/14/2013 at 7:11 pm

i never thought he was paid so much! good for him

namewithheld @ 02/14/2013 at 7:12 pm

hello there mr. butler.
hope he wins the lawsuit, go get ‘em sleaze ball producers.

Okay, I was wrong. Just Jared created a thread. Good luck, Gerry!
From what I see is he’s totally disinterested, or apathetic, to the situation wanting to move through the airport quickly.
~K
who thinks he’s back in the City of the Fallen Angel to collect his mula?

He is in LA to show he is with her. The show is on again.

littlebirdie @ 02/14/2013 at 7:25 pm

@Courtney:

You really shouldn’t offer opinions that make you look stupid.

Madalina's Gettin Some Tonight @ 02/14/2013 at 7:50 pm

He’s back in town to wine dine and pleasure his princess. Poor GFW.
Wrong again.

delusional one @ 02/14/2013 at 7:52 pm

I guess I’m relieved. Don’t like the idea of him getting serious with an underwear model, but then I also know women probably don’t get far in HW without showing skin and doing “favors” unless they have some real luck. Am guessing some of HW leading ladies have some pretty crazy stories they could tell. Her brashness probably fits well with GBs rough beginnings. Not thrilled he’s still with her, but would have been more dissapointed in a man who could return her support at all his crap by being a no show during her big moment. He seems to be trying,, and I want to believe the good I hear and not the bad.You make it rough sometimes, Gerry, but I’m still a fan.

At least Freddy is still with him. No surfing I guess. Tonight is Ariel’s big birthday bash?
G is such a good-looking man when he gives it half a thought. If these are not stalkerazzi, but for-hire paps who received a phone call, then G would have known to expect them. You’d think he’d have tidied up a bit. They sell razors in Panama. He gives the impression by his appearance and hands in pockets demeanor, that he really just doesn’t give a damn. How sad. I guess they don’t make movie stars like they used to. You’d think G would go out of his way to look GOOD, considering. JMO

@amanda:
I heard that it wasn’t in writing, if that’s the case I hope he has creditable witnesses, otherwise its he said, they said which isn’t immiscible in court.
I take it by the negative thumbs that many of you don’t want to even imagine that he’s still with her but I think he is and I think they have a rather open relationship. Meaning she tolerates a lot of his BS.

@GFW:
He’s back in town for a booty call. Law suits take a long time, very seldom do they settle that quickly.

And lets not get all into it IF we aren’t “gifted” with pics of Them, if there is a party tonight, and (she) is in town. Remember, we would have never known- by the released pics- that (she) was at the PFK Childrens benefit screening, if some nosey pap with a video camera hadn’t caught them all leaving in the parking garage. We are shown only what is convenient, and profitable for both of them. I have the feeling, this week ahead will be unpleasant at best. Oh my.

Very open @ 02/14/2013 at 8:08 pm

@WTF: Yes I would say it would have to be extremely open since they spend a great deal of time apart. More like fwb’s. They spend as much time apart, if not more, than they are together.

@Courtney: He does have the “clout” as his contract called for a total of six million be paid regardless of whether the movie got made or not. It’s a standard Hollywood practice.

@Very open:
I think this is true of most couples who have jobs like they do. The only difference is that I bet when Jason Statham doesn’t have a movie to do he doesn’t wander down to Columbia rather he stays near Rosie to spend time with her.

OMG talk about visions of grandeur … “…seeking to capitalize on Butler‘s hugely popular persona and worldwide recognition…” what recognition??? His recognition of what he thinks his worth is???
Rotflmao…
Wow what a star if he gets paid a measly $4M … I guess he broke the bank on his hanky panky with Macaroni so he has to find some way to get some money… It’s not like anyone is tripping over themselves to hire him…

@SUNKIST: She’s there. She’ll be with him at the party tonight, and living with him for the next week at least, and probably get papped with him quite a bit. She’s been waiting for this week for the last nine months. You will see quite a bit of the attention ho this week, like it or not. It’s what she lives for.

How much do actors get paid these days? Jason Stratham would be a good comparable example, mid-tier actors. 4 m is on the low side?

Very open @ 02/14/2013 at 8:31 pm

@DocP: They have jobs? Could have fooled me.

@Very open:
When I say jobs I mean it in the very loosest form of the word. Jobs like you and I have are considered to mundane for the likes of Gerry and Maddie.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 767 » Show All