Mindy McCready Dead at 37 in Apparent Suicide

Mindy McCready Dead at 37 in Apparent Suicide

Country star Mindy McCready has passed away at the age of 37, E! News reports.

The country singing sensation reportedly died in an apparent suicide after her boyfriend David Wilson, 34, passed away just over a month ago. David‘s cause of death is still unknown.

Mindy spent some time in rehab over the past couple of weeks to deal with the remorse after being accused of having some involvement in David‘s death, which she denied.

Mindy is survived by two children: Zander, 6, and Zayne, 9-months-old.

Our thoughts and well-wishes go out to Mindy‘s friends, family, and loved ones during this difficult time.

I pray to God the children will be ok. So sad for them…

LooseLipz @ 02/17/2013 at 9:18 pm

How terribly sad….those poor little boys…sigh…
Speechless.

jesus. such a troubled, troubled life. Very sad.

Wow. That is really sad. Her poor children.

This is beyond sad…I feel so sorry for their children,this will affect them forever.

I knew this was going to happen..

May she finally find some peace.

That’s so sad. I feel so bad for her children.

I don’t know who this woman is but this is very sad indeed. She must have been in a very dark place to take her own life and leave behind 2 beautiful young children.

she killed him thats why she killed herself…its so crazy i was just watching her on tv talking about her man. Now shes dead?? somethings fishy. she had to kill him. how selfish could you be leaving your kids alone FOREVER!! shes guilty in my eyes…But i know.. we dont know the whole story..this is just sad ;(

God Bless @ 02/17/2013 at 9:38 pm

God Bless

I love how people care all of a sudden for a woman who is dead now more than she was when she was alive! Humanity is sick!

Christine @ 02/17/2013 at 9:40 pm

She killed her dog too

Melissa B @ 02/17/2013 at 9:41 pm

Don’t want to sound negative but I have a 5 & 7 yr old and just can’t imagine ever purposefully leaving them. Those poor babies.

beyond sad @ 02/17/2013 at 9:42 pm

Those poor little babies of hers. She led a very troubled life, people tried to help her, but sometimes what will be happens.

RIP.

This is so sad. :( So young and gone too soon. My prays and thoughts are with her family. Especially, the kids. Horrible news. :(

bloody hell!

another Dr Drew patient, who is next? Sizemore?

@beyond sad:

Majority of suicides take place when people are not thinking clearly and done on a whim. I have been suicidal before, and almost committed. I had no clue about the things around nor did I even know who I was, because I didn’t know what was going on.

Suicide is something that is thought of lightly, but unless you have ever been there..it’s completely seeing and being on the verge of it.

I’m not attacking you. Just sharing info that I know personally.

Regardless of the details, this is sad for the children and families who lost their daughter.

Oh well! She wasn’t that talented of a singer. She was more well known for her drug abuse!!!

beyond sad @ 02/17/2013 at 10:09 pm

@:(:

As one who had a very close relative succeed in carrying out their suicide leaving behind unbearable pain for my family, I am glad you were able to fail.

Life will never be the same for my family, there are so many unanswered questions, family did all that they possibly could and thought things were getting better like MindyMc’s Dad did who just left her today to return to his home.

Hope you are able to stay strong.

Greg Doran @ 02/17/2013 at 10:27 pm

She’s going to Hell no doubt to join her boyfriend. When life sucks and is extra cruel then you always have Death to fall back on to escape the humans…

i do believe she killed her boyfriend. Since she killed not only herself, but also her innocent helpless dog, she is fully capable of murdering another person, her boyfriend. this lady was insane, & should’ve been locked up asap.

Wow suicide is so final..and to leave her children behind. Her children will be a mental mess…why lady why?

I wake-up everyday wishing I were dead. Then I hear my children calling me and realize life has to go on. My deepest sympathy to her children, family and friends. I hope they can find peace.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

I can’t imagine what her boys will have to deal with. Somebody must have know that she was having problems. That things were bad. I just can’t think how she couldn’t have someone around to help. And nobody knows the truth at this point. Nobody knows if she kill anyone. I just can’t imagine what it would be like to know you were innocent and people thinking you were guilty.

so sad.

RIP Mindy. Hope you are finally at peace.

I have never been there but I understand what you are talking about.We can not judge other people just like that easy,we do not know how they felt and what they where going thru.We need to help them not push them down more.Take care.

i’ve never heard of her but what a horrible story :( her family is in my thoughts.

I Don't Buy It @ 02/17/2013 at 11:39 pm

Uh…I do NOT buy the “suicide” angle. She was “suicided,” more likely, just like Whitney, Michael, et al. Wicked, wicked Babylon! Leaving those two children motherless. I hope your journey was peaceful and prayers for any possessed people in entertainment industries who’ve “sold out” and can’t get their way back! Prayers for her children.

1urbanfan27 @ 02/17/2013 at 11:45 pm

What price is celebrity?

May you rest in peace Mindy…Your pain forever quenched…

Here’s something all of us need to remember, just b/c it hasn’t happened to you yet, you are eligible too (y.e.t)

@nicky: too easy to sit behind a keyboard and judge. Pray for her family that are without her now…I am sure they love her.

FaithHillFANatic @ 02/18/2013 at 2:34 am

OMG! OMG! I am absolutely speechless. I just signed onto the net and the first thing I saw was a headline in big bold letters saying that Mindy McCready was Dead At 37. For a moment I thought it was a hoax, but with continued reading I was saddened and had to face the facts (that were staring me in my face) that it is indeed true. My heart is truly broken. I have been a fan of Mindy’s since her 10,000 Angels days. I am shocked. I knew she was dealing with inner demons, but I had no idea that she was this far gone. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends in this time of great sadness. I hope that she is finally at Peace. For she is now an Angel singing in God’s Choir. God Bless.

So sad… God Bless her childern

She’s a peice of sh*t for killing her dog, before herself.

APPARENT SUICIDE = MURDER

@Greg Doran:

I.D.I.O.T. OF THE DAY

How terrible for her children. Especially the older one.

That poor woman, to have so many demons and pain inside that you feel this is the only way out. It’s too sad. But those poor boys she is leaving behind have my deepest sympathy. I hope they will get the care and loving arms they deserve at this time, and when they grow up. Tragic!

@ub:

I agree with the poster who said if she is capable of killing her dog, her self, she likely killed her bf. That was the first thought that came to mind. A sane, decent person would not kill a lover over a custody dispute, kill a helpless animal and then abandon two sons. She was a coward who couldnt face her demons….good old substance abuse wins again.

@bearry: People who accuse suicides of being selfish are TOTALLY IGNORANT!

Love The Shoes @ 02/18/2013 at 1:03 pm

So unbelievably heart wrenchingly sad. Her pain was massive; it had to be to leave her babies behind and especially that youngest one who’s father and mother both hurt so bad that they took their lives in the same place. I am not her judge and no one on this board or off of it has ANY business attempting to be it either. We don’t know what was in her heart and until you’re proven perfect “which will NEVER happen” then it’s nothing but hypocrisy to speak judgment on Mindy. God bless all who love her and help them through this.

Untreated mental illness is a tragic thing, especially among celebrities who often try to self medicate. I feel for her poor kids.

I totally feel bad for her but if she did kill herself bc of her boyfriend’s death then thats pathetic she left two very young children without a mom sooooooooo sad

It breaks my heart. Depression and addiction can consume anyone. It has no age, race, gender.some people should have a filter. There are two children who have to live with this. Some of the comments and ignorance on this post is for shock value. It’s not needed. This woman lost the love of her life. And as a result she took her own. Who are you to determine how much pain someone should tolerate. Not unless you walked a mile inher shoes . SHUT THE F*** UP!! and have several seats. Drug abuse, depression, on top of losing your soul mate is more than anyone can handle. So the next time you look down on someone, make sure its to help them up.

just saying @ 02/18/2013 at 2:21 pm

@KSB:
I agree my dad was Mr. Tough Guy and the first to make comments like some of you have until he started experiencing anxiety attacks at age 60 and now he has a whole lot more compassion. Mental illness can strike anyone at anytime and everyone of us is vulnerable. You may not think you are but it’ll surprise you. It is the people who keep it all bottled up and buried, who always have to be perfect and strong that have the biggest breakdowns.

Ask Alice @ 02/18/2013 at 2:38 pm

I’d say she’s gonna regret this, but she’s beyond regret.

why did she kill that poor dog??

Like I said in the other posting…..why let a person who has a history of mental illness,substance addiction,grief for several losses,possible post partum depression(her baby is just 9 months old) back into a residence where her babys father died …..alone?She was released from a place that had her history and yet she was allowed to be alone?There is something really not on the up and up or people failed her for various reasons.

Get the look? Seriously!! The woman killed herself and the image is tagged with how you can get a t-shirt just like that at Target. I know this is automated stuff, but for the love of god it must be possible to disable it!