Mindy McCready Dead at 37 in Apparent Suicide

Mindy McCready Dead at 37 in Apparent Suicide

Country star Mindy McCready has passed away at the age of 37, E! News reports.

The country singing sensation reportedly died in an apparent suicide after her boyfriend David Wilson, 34, passed away just over a month ago. David‘s cause of death is still unknown.

Mindy spent some time in rehab over the past couple of weeks to deal with the remorse after being accused of having some involvement in David‘s death, which she denied.

Mindy is survived by two children: Zander, 6, and Zayne, 9-months-old.

Our thoughts and well-wishes go out to Mindy‘s friends, family, and loved ones during this difficult time.

AKM-GSI
  • Lisa Vanderpump is selling her restaurant - TMZ
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Chasing Life- Just Jared Jr
  • Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All

RIP Mindy. Hope you are finally at peace.

I have never been there but I understand what you are talking about.We can not judge other people just like that easy,we do not know how they felt and what they where going thru.We need to help them not push them down more.Take care.

i’ve never heard of her but what a horrible story :( her family is in my thoughts.

I Don't Buy It @ 02/17/2013 at 11:39 pm

Uh…I do NOT buy the “suicide” angle. She was “suicided,” more likely, just like Whitney, Michael, et al. Wicked, wicked Babylon! Leaving those two children motherless. I hope your journey was peaceful and prayers for any possessed people in entertainment industries who’ve “sold out” and can’t get their way back! Prayers for her children.

1urbanfan27 @ 02/17/2013 at 11:45 pm

What price is celebrity?

May you rest in peace Mindy…Your pain forever quenched…

Here’s something all of us need to remember, just b/c it hasn’t happened to you yet, you are eligible too (y.e.t)

@nicky: too easy to sit behind a keyboard and judge. Pray for her family that are without her now…I am sure they love her.

FaithHillFANatic @ 02/18/2013 at 2:34 am

OMG! OMG! I am absolutely speechless. I just signed onto the net and the first thing I saw was a headline in big bold letters saying that Mindy McCready was Dead At 37. For a moment I thought it was a hoax, but with continued reading I was saddened and had to face the facts (that were staring me in my face) that it is indeed true. My heart is truly broken. I have been a fan of Mindy’s since her 10,000 Angels days. I am shocked. I knew she was dealing with inner demons, but I had no idea that she was this far gone. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends in this time of great sadness. I hope that she is finally at Peace. For she is now an Angel singing in God’s Choir. God Bless.

So sad… God Bless her childern

She’s a peice of sh*t for killing her dog, before herself.

APPARENT SUICIDE = MURDER

@Greg Doran:

I.D.I.O.T. OF THE DAY

How terrible for her children. Especially the older one.

That poor woman, to have so many demons and pain inside that you feel this is the only way out. It’s too sad. But those poor boys she is leaving behind have my deepest sympathy. I hope they will get the care and loving arms they deserve at this time, and when they grow up. Tragic!

@ub:

I agree with the poster who said if she is capable of killing her dog, her self, she likely killed her bf. That was the first thought that came to mind. A sane, decent person would not kill a lover over a custody dispute, kill a helpless animal and then abandon two sons. She was a coward who couldnt face her demons….good old substance abuse wins again.

@bearry: People who accuse suicides of being selfish are TOTALLY IGNORANT!

Love The Shoes @ 02/18/2013 at 1:03 pm

So unbelievably heart wrenchingly sad. Her pain was massive; it had to be to leave her babies behind and especially that youngest one who’s father and mother both hurt so bad that they took their lives in the same place. I am not her judge and no one on this board or off of it has ANY business attempting to be it either. We don’t know what was in her heart and until you’re proven perfect “which will NEVER happen” then it’s nothing but hypocrisy to speak judgment on Mindy. God bless all who love her and help them through this.

Untreated mental illness is a tragic thing, especially among celebrities who often try to self medicate. I feel for her poor kids.

I totally feel bad for her but if she did kill herself bc of her boyfriend’s death then thats pathetic she left two very young children without a mom sooooooooo sad

It breaks my heart. Depression and addiction can consume anyone. It has no age, race, gender.some people should have a filter. There are two children who have to live with this. Some of the comments and ignorance on this post is for shock value. It’s not needed. This woman lost the love of her life. And as a result she took her own. Who are you to determine how much pain someone should tolerate. Not unless you walked a mile inher shoes . SHUT THE F*** UP!! and have several seats. Drug abuse, depression, on top of losing your soul mate is more than anyone can handle. So the next time you look down on someone, make sure its to help them up.

just saying @ 02/18/2013 at 2:21 pm

@KSB:
I agree my dad was Mr. Tough Guy and the first to make comments like some of you have until he started experiencing anxiety attacks at age 60 and now he has a whole lot more compassion. Mental illness can strike anyone at anytime and everyone of us is vulnerable. You may not think you are but it’ll surprise you. It is the people who keep it all bottled up and buried, who always have to be perfect and strong that have the biggest breakdowns.

Ask Alice @ 02/18/2013 at 2:38 pm

I’d say she’s gonna regret this, but she’s beyond regret.

why did she kill that poor dog??

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All