Clive Davis Responds to Kelly Clarkson's Memoir Comments

Clive Davis Responds to Kelly Clarkson's Memoir Comments

Clive Davis has taken to his Twitter account to respond to Kelly Clarkson‘s comments about his memoir “The Soundtrack of My Life.”

The 80-year-old music legend wrote, “As anyone who has read “The Soundtrack of My Life” knows, I think Kelly Clarkson is a tremendous vocal talent and performer. In the book, I provide an in-depth look at our years together during which we shared major multi-platinum success, as well as a few creative differences.”

“I am truly very sorry that she has decided to take issue with what I know to be an accurate depiction of our time together,” Clive said. “Before the book was published, I had every fact checked with five independent individuals who were present on a daily basis throughout it all.”

Clive added, “The chapter as it is written was thoroughly verified by each and every one of them. I stand by the chapter as written in my book. At the same time I wish, and will always wish, Kelly‘s talent and her career to soar to ever new heights.”

Credit: Larry Busacca; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Clive Davis, Kelly Clarkson

• Kourtney Kardashian celebrates the 35th birthday in a bikini- US Weekly
  • Cher Lloyd talks about her new music video for “Sirens”- Just Jared Jr
  • Michelle Obama will be visiting Nashville - Entertainment Weekly
  • How did Jennifer Garner look in 1999? - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is attending this year's Cannes Film Festival- Lainey Gossip
  • Constance Nunes shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Clarabella @ 02/20/2013 at 12:52 am

Team Kelly.

Other singers should be jealous of Kelly, not only for her amazing voice but for the fact she refuses to be trodden on. She is my idol and I really hope that all this bullshit with Clive dies down, she doesn’t deserve this. Team Kelly forever.

those are fighting words!!

Team Clive.

He is a lier , this comments are a big 0 , no content at all. Kelly won .

Team Kelly!

Clive is being an attention *****! He just want to make some publicity over his unhappy memoir

Kelly is overrated! Team who cares!!

Clive is being an attention wh0r3 ! He just want to make some publicity over his unhappy memoir

Wow, so five of Clive’s employees will confirm his side of the story? Holy crap. Case closed.

______________

What a slime ball.

Wow he sounds like a prize a**hole. Well done to Kelly for standing up for herself. It must’ve been really difficult as a young upcoming singer to be bullied by someone she looked up to.

Kelly Clarkson @ 02/20/2013 at 2:48 am

Stop saying innaccuracies about me. You’re just spreading untruths about me in your comments and I won’t be bullied by you or anyone else for that matter; including me or my invisible friend, Tony.

souless wanderer @ 02/20/2013 at 3:12 am

team jacob

HES JEWISH, DONT U EXPECT HIM TO TELL THE TRUTH, DO U?

Team Kelly. Paid fact checkers do not count Clies.

I stand by clive. Kelly is disrespectful and ungrateful.

Love The Shoes @ 02/20/2013 at 7:08 am

@Braden: I think this is a “12 on one hand, dozen on the other” situation meaning, they’re both probably correct and this is just a matter of which lens one wants to look at it through.

Love The Shoes @ 02/20/2013 at 7:12 am

@xyz: Folks, what we have here with xyz is the very definition of coward. They get online and say the most racist, bigoted, gross things their ate up minds can come up with ONLY because they have the anonymity the web supplies.

an opinion @ 02/20/2013 at 10:12 am

There would be no need for Clive to write those things about Kelly Clarkson if they were not true. It is not like Clarkson is the Beatles and with the story the opinion of her will change.. She is what she is. A very good pop singer/songwriter.

not sure how i feel about this “argument” — they both have a point i guess. It’s his job to be a hard a$$ about what music is represented by his brand. But she has every right to speak up too if she feels slighted.

This is why some autobiographies are bad ideas — people remember what they want to remember and may not be the full truth….

Doesn’t matter if Kelly’s story is accurate or not because how she did this publicly is disrespectful, ungrateful and it makes her look bad.

@Lucy Arwas:

You think. Other singer will be having new albums soon. Kelly I don’t think so.

@Arthur:

He’s been in the biz longer than Kelly he knows how this work your bratty singer don’t She still has to prove a lot.

@Karen:

Can she prove it to you that its accurate? Or you just chose to believe her yourself

@Joe:

And how vdo you know that Kelly is telling the truth? There are proof that she was a diva during those time.

@Mimignyc:

She always was remember the gossip column about her. And when she lost world idol to that finnish guy her face was so sour

Sheena W. Wallis @ 02/20/2013 at 5:44 pm

my classmate’s ex-wife makes $65/hour on the internet. She has been unemployed for nine months but last month her paycheck was $17737 just working on the internet for a few hours. Here’s the site to read more… http://www.snag4.cℴm

jakeinlove @ 02/20/2013 at 6:01 pm

Kelly is going to be releasing albums on an independent label soon. Pick your battles.

antisaint @ 02/20/2013 at 6:25 pm

Seriously? Remember when Clive Davis said Whitney Houston was ready for a comeback?

Remember the excitement in his face and voice when he said she was making a new album and set for a full-on comeback, and sounding wonderful as ever?

Remember how all of that turned out to be lies that Clive Davis CLEARLY told — or did you miss the live Whitney performances? — to sell records and make as much money from his drug-addicted superstar?

Kelly should be thankful that Clive gave her this important start in the music biz. Without Clive, you’d be nothing, Kelly.

I’m not sure this is a Team Kelly or Team Clive type of thing.

Team Kelly, all the way!

Team Kelly all the way! Clive is a 80 year old man who is remembering what he wants and the reason he included Kelly Clarkson in his book, is because she stood up for herself a few years back and he tried to block her every step and she came back stronger. I’m sorry but an 80 year old man (or 60 year old for that matter) has no business telling people what they want to hear…when he was young the foxtrot was hot. I mean come on! I just wish that Whitney hah stood up to him, he ruled her live and look where she is….nuff said!