Jennifer Lawrence Wins Best Actress Oscar, Falls on Stage

Jennifer Lawrence Wins Best Actress Oscar, Falls on Stage

Jennifer Lawrence was the big winner in the Best Actress category at the 2013 Academy Awards held at the Dolby Theatre on Sunday (February 24) in Hollywood.

The 22-year-old actress won the award for her work in the film Silver Linings Playbook.

Jennifer beat out Zero Dark Thirty‘s Jessica Chastain, The Impossible‘s Naomi Watts, Beasts of the Southern Wild‘s Quvenzhane Wallis, and Amour‘s Emmanuelle Riva for the honor.

When she went up to accept her prize, Jennifer slipped up the stairs and Hugh Jackman ran to her rescue!

FYI: Jennifer is wearing a Dior Haute Couture dress, Chopard jewels, a Roger Vivier clutch, and Brian Atwood shoes.

Jennifer Lawrence Falls on Oscars Stage

jennifer lawrence wins best actress falls on stage 28
jennifer lawrence wins best actress falls on stage 29
jennifer lawrence wins best actress falls on stage 30

Christopher Polk/Getty

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] Show All
1urbanfan27 @ 02/25/2013 at 7:34 pm

I’m happy that she won…The movie was wonderful…And she was wonderful in it…

The French Girl @ 02/25/2013 at 7:55 pm

@Lou:

Totally !

Love love her.

Jennifer……a breath of fresh air, what a sweetheart.. Congrats on your Oscar and humor .

She fell and what made me like her even more was that she made a comment about it when she accepted her Oscar. hehehe

I thought Jennifer Lawrence handled this fall very well. I was also happy to see her win the Award for Best Actress for her role in Silver Linings Playbook. I knew I wouldn’t be missing this year’s Academy Awards even though I was at work at DISH, so I recorded it on my DVR. I set up my DISH Hopper, using the PrimeTime Anytime feature, to record all primetime programs that came on ABC. This way I didn’t have to worry about setting up individual timers for both the red carpet coverage and the awards ceremony.

funnygirl @ 02/26/2013 at 4:27 am

i know jen is a great actress but her performance in SLP is not worth for best actress. Her role in that movie is not strong enough just like sandra bullock won the award a few years ago. i saw all her movies but i just like her little bit in winterbone.Her acting skill just like Kristen stewart good but not so great. the different is kristen choose more difficult role than Jen except twisuck. if my opinion the best young actress is Saoirse Ronan. She’s really talented but don’t have luck just like Jen. Poor Jen she must heard rumors about her but i bet she don’t care about that as long she won the award. sorry but her acting in SLP is so overrated and i also don’t understand how she won the award. thanks to harvey.

mo_chuisle @ 02/26/2013 at 6:07 am

Whoever had won (aside Wallis) it would have been deserved. The four ladies were equally great in so different performances and for different reasons. I beg to differ that Jen showed no range. She did and she even have done so in just one scene from her movie, let alone in the whole picture.
As I said I cannot pick a best from a bunch of equally good performances so do I think she was the best of last year? No. But she is extremely deserving of her award and hopefully she will keep on choosing interesting projects and do great job at it.
Congrats to her win :)

Natasha (Nataliya) Stasyi @ 02/26/2013 at 9:41 am

It’s almost for 2 days in top post on JJ. I eel I should comment on this. lol. What a “great” deal! haha. I personally was 4 Riva..

@funnygirl: Agree.
I like her but did she really deserve this for Sliver Linigs playbook?
I want to see more of her in some cool roles. Silver lingings role was not her time to win. She acted better in Hungar Games then this movie!
I was very diasspointed with most of the Oscars Winners and the show overeall. Please do not let Seth Macfarlene host again. He was bad like Anne Hatheway and James Franco hosting.

@Dejanu: Jennifer handled the whole thing with style and grace. And Seth was a brilliant host. He said out loud what everyone is thinking. Just brilliant!!!!

This fall was totally STUNT QUEEN!!! She is already did it in London.
Jennifer Lawrence wins because WEINSTEIN’s hustling and did no DESERVE it!!! Her role was supporting and if she go against Anne Hathaway there is no way she has a chance to win. She just happens to be in Harveys movie and by her own admission show up on set without knowing her lines. Her win pure FRAUD and if compare her perfomance to past winners like Kate Winslet or Marion Cotillard or Hellen Mirren or Charlize she looks weak and forgettable.

She looks like a great painting.

If it were a painting it’d be called Lost Love or something.

Anyway, I heard Jack Nicolson hit on the girl after the awards.

The dress stopped the fall! :)

Dirk_Reese-Fan_whatelse! @ 02/27/2013 at 6:51 am

It isn´t worse, that she fall on stage. Such things can happen.
***

It was not Hugh Jackman who ran to her rescue but Jean Dujardin !!

First of all, some gentleman from the schmuckass Academy should have been hired to escort the ladies up the stairs. It’s really difficult to see the stairs under a huge ballgown.

Secondly, I’ve never seen anyone fall so gracefully. She actually made falling elegant. Kudos to Jennifer on her grace and her big win!!!!!

I am getting all these feels from her deep ocean blue eyes!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MAH FEELSSSSSSSS

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] Show All