Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Selena Gomez Covers 'Harper's Bazaar' April 2013

Selena Gomez Covers 'Harper's Bazaar' April 2013

Selena Gomez strikes a pose on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar‘s April 2013 issue,

Here’s what the 20-year-old Spring Breakers star had to share with the mag:

On love being normal: “To me, love is normal. Of course, you see Jay and Beyoncé and you’re like, ‘Oh, my gosh, they’re perfect for each other,’ but at the end of the day their love is just like everybody else’s love.”

On believing in love: “I believe in love—yes, I’m one of those girls. Most of my friends believe in love. I went out with Katy Perry last night. She’s so fun and awesome, but it’s cool to see someone older believe in love too. She is all about it, and that’s how I will always be. I believe in stories like, ‘Oh, I met him in Starbucks.’”

On her style: “I do not give a damn what I look like, I don’t. I wish I could pay attention because Gwen Stefani, say, looks flawless. Of course, when I’m on red carpets, I’m nervous, sweaty, and weird.”

For more from Selena, visit HarpersBazaar.com!

selena gomez covers harpers bazaar april 2013 01
selena gomez covers harpers bazaar april 2013 02

John Parra/Getty

Journalistic @ 03/06/2013 at 1:39 pm

What’s with the name dropping? Lol

GORGEOUS!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!

beautiful! Love this girl!

She looks great!

What are these idiotic quotes? I like Selena and I usually think she seems much more mature than most of her peers but the parts of the interview quoted here make her sound like a complete vacuous idiot.

I hope there is a little bit more substance to this article considering she is promoting her first adult movie or her charity work you’d think there would be more interesting things to talk about. She does look beautiful in the pictures.

Loverducky @ 03/06/2013 at 2:06 pm

Katy Perry is “someone older” ?…. Oh Lord, child!

Childish statements about love, her believes in love are like a 16 year old, just like her friend Taylor.. :D

she is actually quite childish when you really read the quotes. her cover is beautiful but name dropping constantly she didnt even need to mention katy perry i really didnt see the relevance of adding her in because it was about what she believed not katy. i like how she doesnt care how she looks but at the same time it can be at the expense of putting others down who do care whether insecure or not. like remember the spring breakers interview where she was like “they were in the trailer doing cruches but i dont care cuz i love my body” implying that they were insecure.

careful what u say selena.

i think her looks is what people surpass and then when u here what she says, its really childlike like fairytales and sunshine and happiness i mean shes friends with taylor swift.

Melissa B @ 03/06/2013 at 2:58 pm

@Loverducky: Well there is an 8 year difference. To a 20 year old I think 28 is older. Looking at a life from 0 to 85, obviously 28 is young. but to a 20 year old 28 seems so far and distant.

Roger L. Holgate @ 03/06/2013 at 3:17 pm

my co-worker’s step-mother makes $65/hour on the internet. She has been without work for five months but last month her income was $21292 just working on the internet for a few hours. Go to this web site and read more… http://www.snag4.cℴm

I like her. She seems down-to-earth. But I call BS where she says she doesn’t give a damn what she looks like. She does. Otherwise, she wouldn’t wear hair extensions or push up bras on days when she’s not even on set or at a premiere. It’s not a bad thing to admit that you care what you look like, or what other people think. It’s normal.

Ohh La La @ 03/06/2013 at 3:52 pm

@Nancy: I agree with what you said. Of course she cares about her appearance. I think maybe she thinks that it would be nice to not have to care so much about what she looks like all the time.

you rock girl.
Fly high wihtout tha Bieber and be yourself!

is she really that dumb or is just this interview?

Ia. Someone tell this girl to stop trying so hard to be edgy.

She is only half Mexican and she never associates with them.

Loverducky @ 03/06/2013 at 7:18 pm

@Melissa B:

They are still in the same age range..I realize words can be taken the wrong way, but the way she talks about “believing in love” here and how someone older still believes in love, she makes it sound like Katy Perry is an old lady…I don’t think it’s very uncommon for someone in their late 20′s to believe in love..

Her magazine covers & quotes are so childish n dump….nothing special like a magazine cover….but what we can expect from a friend of Taylor who lives in Barbie world….they both sucks.putting there love life to get attension….Miley’s magazine covers and qoutes are always interesting….just saying.

I like the red and white cover the best. Selena is beautiful and sexy!

Beautiful cover!