Elisabeth Hasselbeck's 'The View' Contract Not Being Renewed?

Elisabeth Hasselbeck's 'The View' Contract Not Being Renewed?

UPDATE: Barbara Walters made a statement on The View today, saying Elisabeth will not be leaving. “The truth is we love Elisabeth…We have no plans for Elisabeth to leave the show.”

Elisabeth Hasselbeck is reportedly not returning to The View next season, Us Weekly reports.

The 35-year-old co-host of the show has been around for nine years, but unfortunately, viewers did not find her views appealing, according to a source.

“The viewers they polled all said she was too extreme and right wing,” an insider said. “People did not watch the show because of Elisabeth. So they told her yesterday her contract would not be renewed.”

The news comes off the heels of Joy Behar‘s announcement that she would not be returning to the show after sixteen years.

ARE YOU SAD to see Elisabeth Hasselbeck leave The View?

• Who is Fun. frontman Nate Ruess dating?- US Weekly
  • Ray J is being charged with 10 crimes- TMZ
  • The Bachelorette's Andi Dorfman addresses pregnancy rumors- Gossip Cop
  • Louie has been renewed for one more season- Entertainment Weekly
  • Miley Cyrus is the latest victim of an internet death hoax- Huffington Post
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Genevieve Morton shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

I’m as progressive as they come but they do need a conservative voice on that show even though I rarely watch.. It’s just she’s not the one..

I actually liked her on the show. She’s classy and voices a fair opinion.

I don’t think it was her views since the show is about divergent views—but she is just not a likeable or believable person.

The best news I’ve heard today! I do not appreciate her “view”.

YES !!!!! FINALLY !!!!!!!

Great, so now they’re going to have just the left wing idiots on the show. They will lose more audience than they will gain without her gone. Joy Behar is the one I couldn’t stand. The most intolerant person on the panel.

Ding dong the with is dead.

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! I quit watching this show because of her. I am so happy to not have to watch her hateful and ignorant opinions.

That is ridiculous!

At least I can still fap to Whoopi.

Unfair comments here. We all should be more tolerant of other people’s views. I don’t personally watch this show because these women really do not have any significance, and they certainly do not have any political clout whatsoever. It’s just another daytime talk show aiming for distinction by talking politics – which they are not experts on. They should do makeovers or something like that.

it took them 9 years to realize this? i personally prefer the talk more because those women get along with each other. the view is a group of women who would gladly stab each other with a knife if there were no legal repercussions.

***** is gone

NO…only extreme left wing liberal co-hosts left. There will be no balanced opinions presented after she leaves. I will certainly NOT be watching after she leaves!

She’s just an absolute vomit. She’s on the wrong side of every social issue. The View is a pretty bad show to begin with but Hasselbeck was simply intolerable. Hopefully she will fade into obscurity,

When is Baba gonna retire.

an opinion @ 03/08/2013 at 4:09 pm

Yes! Please don’t renew Sherry’s contract either.

I will not watch…we all have different views and without elizabeth – well there is not another VIEW on the view… people are wild when they say she was intolerable…seriousLY? so we should all listen to joy and only joy? I WILL not watch anymore. i loved hearing all sides.

The Talk is better

There should be a place for a conservative voice, but she was judgmental and grating. She also did not have the depth of knowledge to hold up her end of the discussion/debate – she was seriously outshined. That show could do far better.

SAD, HA….IT’s about time………guess her husband will have to go to work now.

what say you @ 03/08/2013 at 4:36 pm

A conservative with Faux News talking points. Faux news is all about hate and misinformation!.

AndrewDevine @ 03/08/2013 at 4:41 pm

Love my job, since I’ve been bringing in $5600… I sit at home, music playing while I work in front of my new iMac that I got now that I’m making it online.(Click Home information)

Clarabella @ 03/08/2013 at 4:42 pm

The one that needs to go is Barbara Walters.I Hate it when she says she needs to set up a Hot Topic that been in the news for Weeks,Months or Years.

good riddance!!! @ 03/08/2013 at 4:55 pm

I can’t stand this Nut Face!!!!! yaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!! she cray cray!!!! She and the romneys stay losing!! hehehehehehe muuahahahahah

The one that needs to go is all of them.

Finally……I understand that everlyone should be able to speak thier own mind, but really, she just had to be right all the time, she over talk everyone eles….so glad to see her go!!!!!!!!

YES YES Finally !!!!!!

Finally, I stopped wayching the show long ago because of her!! Now I can go back!!

we are not all liberals/centrists and although i’m not a fan of elizabeth i’m very tolerant of others’ point(s) of view. i guess the View is not.

The View needs a conservative counter to Whoopi but Hasselbeck certainly wasn’t the one to do it. The girl makes absurd claims that I sincerely doubt she even believes half the time. She’s phony, plastic and feigns the importance of so many topics… GOOD RIDDANCE

Elizabeth’s high voice pitch, her immature mannerisms, and playing to the camera was more than I could stomach. I’ll start watching when she’s gone for good.

@Jacquee:
And you are being tolerant by saying they have no significance or political clout? They certainly have more than you do when it comes to opinions and being listened to. And saying they should do make up shows? You are a prime example of why women are their own worst enemy.

They only people watching tv during the day are a bunch of welfare moms., The rest watch Dr oz or Judge Judy….Why do you think they have 2 black co-hosts… And why do you think Kelly picked a black co-host…

GREAT!!!!! Bout time…..I;ll start watching again. They do need a conservative voice, but she’s not it!!

I tried to watch that show a few times because they had Miley on. They should lose the whole show. All that yammering gets on my nerves, like watching paint dry.

Love The Shoes @ 03/08/2013 at 8:18 pm

Elisabeth was NEVER a reason I didn’t watch. I actually said that if they could dump Sherri and Barbara Walters, I’d have no problem tuning in for Whoopi, Joy and Elisabeth. I may not have agreed Elisabeth a lot I still thought she was smart. She and Joy were the only two who ever did their homework.

CorporateFluff @ 03/08/2013 at 9:08 pm

FFS people, turn off this Corporate Media fluff and tune into some serious journalism: Amy Goodman of DemocracyNow!

They’ll probably hire another Conservative and that’s a good idea, to have both sides point of view. Unfortunately, Hasselbeck was a bad choice from the start, not likeable, a grating and annoying personality.

I have not watched The View in a long time. However, when I did watch it, I liked that there were opposing views. Mostly, I didn’t agree with everything any of them said, but I liked the debate. I hope that they replace her and Joy with two more conservative women.

Best news ever! Elizabitch is gone. Thank God.

SameOldThing @ 03/09/2013 at 1:47 am

I stopped watching over five years ago because of Joy. When she wasn’t on everyone was civil, they agreed to disagree and moved on. Now we’ll be treated to more dumbing down and ‘female focused’ daytime. Yeah, hair products, cooking and diets, because that is all our pretty little heads care about; ugh! Was thrilled that Joy was leaving, was going to start watching again. No, not worth it. Anyone here thinking Joy is the reason for the show’s success, simply look at her ratings and success with other projects. Her voice is annoying and she is just an ugly person when guests disagree. She doesn’t study, she doesn’t know the ins and outs of politics, all she knows and eats are talking points, Hence her other failures. CNN, her next failure.

Elisabeth is one of the most annoying people on tv and knows zilch. Glad to hear she’s out. Perhaps they should just cancel the show now. I am sure Whoopi could easily find work.

The Talk is much more enjoyable even with Julie Chen.

I stopped watching the View because of her. Her views are whacked out and it’s either black or white for her, there is no in between. Her opinion was the only opinion that counted. I was shocked to see that she is only 35 years old because she thinks like an old 80 year old Republican.

maryhadalittlelamb @ 03/09/2013 at 9:56 am

Wow, finally! Although this is suspicious as the feedback has generally always been that not many people liked her so why now after nearly a decade do they decide to let her go? She’s Barbara’s pet after all.

She did not have a great personality on tv. I believe people will listen to your views even if they are opposite of yours but there has to be something at least endearing about you if you want to be in a national platform and she never had it, she was very polarizing and low tolerant, close minded and just aggressive in her views.

I guess it OK for liberals to rattle on but they are too stupid to listen
to the other side. Wake up America, liberals are taking us down the
dead end.

They needed Obama to win a second term to realize Elizabeth’s whacked out opinions is not flying with the popular vote. It is not her party foundations that bother me. It is the way the party negatively turns every issue into a personal attack. She is an example of those pasty people. A good debater would stick to the facts and understand what is irrelevant to the topic. She goes off and sometimes her points are valid. But I’m not interested because there is a defense and egocentric posture in all of it.

She was the best on the show. For five against one politically, she was the most intelligent and certainly held her own. She was gracious with guests from opposing views. The class of the show is leaving. My friends and I rarely watched it. Joy’s voice was like chalk on a blackboard. That women’s brains were being sat on.

my co-worker’s sister makes $84/hr on the internet. She has been laid off for 5 months but last month her check was $13605 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more on this site

Why bother calling it a view if all we heard is one point of view. The view should be more appropriately be renamed as the combaya show.

Barbara is aging rapidly in this show. She has lost her mojo but she still love making money . she show her face to give credibility to the rest of member . What a waste of time.

I did not watch the show because of Joy. I don’t like the woman

she has been laughing all the way to the bank all these yrs, who cares if she dosnt come back, she is gonna run for office and most likly win, not my vote tho

I am so sorry to hear that Elisabeth’s contract won’t be renewed..she is classy and intelligent. It was Joy Behar that was loud, opinionated, obnoxious, and irritating…so glad she will be gone. All I can see is the show losing viewers and one more talk show to hit the dust.

That’s too bad. She was the only one worth watching. Everyone else on the show bled liberalism and “political correctness” to the point of nauseating with Joy Behr having a hissy any time Elisabeth disagreed with her. Maybe the president or his wife will find it in their “hectic” schedules to make 30 more appearances this year.

ticacatic @ 03/09/2013 at 8:00 pm

Good news!!!!

Atlanta Runner @ 03/09/2013 at 8:23 pm

It’s not about having different points of views, it’s about how annoying she was, how rude she was and her vicious attacks when she was not in agreement. She could not have a debate she had an attack. You can’t be a republican and then claim to be pro women when republican politicians constantly vote against laws to protect women’s rights.

I liked her on The View. She was one of the more pleasant/cheerful of the bunch when it came to handling guests and the special segments. The other ladies always seem so cranky and ready to be cranky. Even Whoopi can be sort of ‘blah’ when she doesn’t like one of their guests. That isn’t too classy of her.

the only one i have a problem with is joy…and its not because i dont agree with joy on alot of things..its because i find her to be rude and disrespectful to guests when their views are different from hers..she is the reason i dont watch the view

Isabel MacVicar @ 03/10/2013 at 12:58 pm

I watched The View since its’ debut. The reason I no longer watch is Sherri Shephard. When she becomes educated, I might respect her, but I doubt it.

Carla from Chicago @ 03/10/2013 at 3:12 pm

I never liked Elisabeth and am very happy to see her go. She wont be missed by me! I don’t watch the show that much anymore anyway. After Rosie left I just didn’t find it entertaining. Whoppi just doesn’t do it for me either. She seems to be annoyed easily by others on the show. Her eyes and facial expressions say it all. Barbara is way in need of retirement, she always seems confused and can’t articulate her words and or thoughts. She is forgetful and seems out-of-it quite often. I would’nt miss the show if it went off the air either. The Talk is also not good, I’ve tried to give it a chance too and have not found ot entertaining enough to keep me tuned in.

Elizabeth @ 03/10/2013 at 3:40 pm

Elisabeth needs to dry those tears when she get emotional over political issues! Sherry is just too ignorant on many views. She’s okAy but I would prefer someone like Ali Wentworth, George Stephanopoulos’ wife. Ms. Barbara Walters, it’s time for you to retire. You cause chaos among the other gals. Whoopi, you are alright but I’m concern about your weight gain. I too am overweight because I have MS, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, under active thyroid, and weak legs. Its hard for me to exercise. Now please lose some weight. You can exercise for me. Okay? So, Elisabeth, I bid you a pleasant farewell! Only good things are headed your way. Forget about the bullies and negativities. You will be awesome somewhere else. Best wishes to you! Elizabeth

fotini sofi @ 03/10/2013 at 4:02 pm

Her political views are not the reason that I no longer watched. It was her rudely interrupting everyone else, regardless and oblivious to any comment or opinion ‘about’ to be expressed by another individual. And her smugness after spouting the most inane thoughts coming out of her empty little pin-head would have been funny confined to the few unfortunate in her private life. My sympathy lay with her co-hosts who did not have the luxury of not watching or listening. The perfect co-host for the newly-free Hasslebeck would be the equally-shrill, idiotic b**** Hannity at Fox News. Perfect venue, perfect audience, a match made in Tea Bagging heaven! You’re welcome.

Byebyejoy @ 03/10/2013 at 4:18 pm

@sillyme: AMEN I agree with you!

Karen Levendoski @ 03/10/2013 at 4:29 pm

Thank goodness. I stopped watching because of her, now maybe she’ll have time to ‘touch up’ her roots!

Elisabeth lost her credibility with me when she went to campaign with Sarah Palin in Florida. EH would shout at the crowd that we should not vote for Obama because he was “paling around with terrorists.” That was nonsense and I couldn’t believe much of what she said after that.

Also won’t miss her sucking up to Barbara all the time. She does know her football and would also be ‘eye candy’ for guys on a Sports station.

I’m glad she’s leaving also..never liked her..too opinionated..stay home and raise your family awhile

I quit watching the show about her. The show needs a conservative perspective but Elisabeth was rude and overbearing and her opinions were becoming more and more extreme. It’s about time they dumped her. I’d love to see Megan McCain take her place, or one of the the Bush girls, or Nicolle Wallace. Someone who’s a strong conservative but a nicer personality.

fotini sofi @ 03/10/2013 at 6:31 pm

Megan McCain seems extremely intelligent and level-headed, but because her dad seems anything but, in recent years, it may be an awkward situation for her. You can’t be critical of someone’s dad when the person is right there in front of you. Same for the Bush girls, who do not seem particularly political as well. Nicolle Wallace, great thought … or how about a guy?

Ask Alice @ 03/11/2013 at 6:37 pm

I liked Elisabeth on Survivor, but she comes across as immature and petulant on The View. Conservative ideas do add balance, but they should be presented by someone who is more tolerant, informed and even-tempered than Elisabeth.

She should leave and be replaced with someone who could better articulate and defend the conservative viewpoint.