Gerard Butler Steps Out After 'Olympus' Opens Strong

Gerard Butler Steps Out After 'Olympus' Opens Strong

The 43-year-old actor had reason to celebrate that day after his new film Olympus Has Fallen opened with a strong first weekend at the box office.

The flick grossed $30.5 million over the weekend, the best start for a live-action film starring Gerard since his box office smash hit 300 back in 2007.

DID YOU SEE Olympus Has Fallen in the theaters yet?

FYI: Gerard is wearing a Rogue shirt.

gerard butler steps out after olympus has fallen strong opening 01
gerard butler steps out after olympus has fallen strong opening 02
gerard butler steps out after olympus has fallen strong opening 03
gerard butler steps out after olympus has fallen strong opening 04
gerard butler steps out after olympus has fallen strong opening 05

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Show All

Congrats on a great opening weekend.

Should have told you I saw it over the weekend and said it made 300 look like a boy scout meeting. So happy for you, hope it turns into a franchise.

Finally a hit for GB, been awhile…..

tinkerbelle @ 03/25/2013 at 1:26 pm

Lolita lol what a funny dog!!

@tinkerbelle: Gerry says that is the love of his life, he has had her for quite a while now. She is a very well behaved little lady it seems. Good to see them together again.

may I point out @ 03/25/2013 at 1:34 pm

@tinkerbelle:

If you think that Lolia’s funny looking you should have seen the dog he took to the Vanity Fair Party.

Man's Best Friend @ 03/25/2013 at 1:35 pm

Aww….great to see little Lolita out and about with her Daddy! Good for them! Nice to hear OHF is a hit! Good job!

“Gerard Butler takes his dog Lolita for a walk while heading to the Free Arts for Abused Children Fundraiser on Sunday (March 24) at Native Boutique in Hollywood.”
Wow. I’m speechless. Be still my fast-pounding heart! This is truly impressive. How did this not get press?
I love seeing the extremes of the two of them, him and Lolita. He’s big and long-legged and she’s tiny and short-legged. So glad to see them together again. Warms my heart.
~K

may I point out @ 03/25/2013 at 1:35 pm

@may I point out:

Sorry, that sould be Lolita.

tinkerbelle @ 03/25/2013 at 1:39 pm

@lolita: Yeah! It seems like they get on very well. Nice!!

tinkerbelle @ 03/25/2013 at 1:40 pm

@may I point out: That one does not worry me at all. She’s bad (and ugly).

@may I point out

So Gerry took a dog to the Vanity Fair party? How lovely of him to take you with him. I hope you didn’t pee on the red carpet.

may I point out @ 03/25/2013 at 1:46 pm

@Kristen:

He would have been better taking Lolita, at least she knows how to behave herself.

TRULY INTERESTED @ 03/25/2013 at 1:46 pm

!!! I saw OHF yesterday (Sunday) first showing and the 1st theater (it was being shown on 2 screens at my movie theater) was packed with the exceptions of a few seats in the far front!

2nd showing people were herded in the ropes until the theater could clean up.

I love it and I want to see it again! I know GB and others have said it’s like ”Die Hard”, but I haven’t seen a DH movie, but I can say that it reminded me of Fox’s ”24” tv series. Jack Bauer wanting/having it to do it his way to get the job done (saving Pres & city, etc) and worry about the consequences later – that what Mike Banning’s character reminded me of throughout the movie (IMO). Congrats to everyone in the movie!

@lolita:

The “love of his life” is a dog and the only woman he has “ever truly loved” is an ex in Scotland, doesn’t really say much for MG does it?

@Greta:

Well I think we all know how he really feels about her.

@Greta: I really don’t know how Gerry feels about the women who have come into his life but I do know how he feel about his puppy he has been very open on his love for her. Being a critter lover myself that makes me happy for him.

tinkerbelle @ 03/25/2013 at 2:00 pm

MG peed on the red carpet??? How embarrasing!! Poor Gerry!!!!!

LOVE Gerry – LOVE the movie! Only HE could have played that role..sooo good!

And the bitter fat lonely old jealous ugly-hearted hags are at it again. What sad empty existences you lead. Thanks for the laughs, biddies!

It’s better to be alone than to be in bad company. And he’s in good company with his best mate, Lolita. It warms my heart to see his with her. It warms my heart to see $30.5 in the first weekend as well. Maybe 2013 can replace 2012 as his banner year. I hope people go out and rent GAMER and his other action films after seeing this!
And after they rebuild the White House and Washington Monument he could save another local landmark, or not… it’s up to him.
~K

Manly Men-small dogs @ 03/25/2013 at 2:15 pm

I remember reading that alot of single city men will keep small dogs now mainly because it attracts women. Same with single fathers who are willing to take their babies out in strollers. I remember one single young father saying that its a “chick magnet”.

What now? @ 03/25/2013 at 2:19 pm

AHHH Gerry with his baby. Cute pics.

Can’t wait till it comes to the UK,will get a few of us girls to make a night of it.Everyone seems to be giving it thumbs up .

May I point out? @ 03/25/2013 at 2:20 pm

@tinkerbelle:

It might have been Gerry that peed on the carpet when he saw her coming.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Show All