Top Stories

Shain Gandee Cause of Death: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

Shain Gandee Cause of Death: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

Buckwild star Shain Gandee was found dead with two other men in his truck early Monday morning (April 1) in West Virginia.

A rep for the Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office in West Virginia has said the bodies are still in the truck as it is submerged in mud and authorities are unable to get to its location without an all-terrain vehicle, according to TMZ.

Sources tell the site that a possible cause of death could be carbon monoxide poisoning, especially since the exhaust pipe was submerged in mud.

MTV has released a statement after this morning’s tragic events unfolded:

“We are shocked and saddened by the terrible news about Shain Gandee, and those involved in this tragic incident. We are waiting for more information but at this time, our main concern is for the Gandee family and their friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. Shain had a magnetic personality, with a passion for life that touched everyone he met and we will miss him dearly.”

Like Just Jared on Facebook

JJ Links Around The Web

Sundance
  • The six standouts at the Sundance Film Festival- US Weekly
  • Tracy Morgan's long hard recovery- TMZ
  • J.K. Simmons abuses SNL cast members playing drums during monologue- Gossip Cop
  • Who's got the best bromance on ABC Family- Just Jared Jr
  • Last public sighting of Bobbi Kristina Brown before hospitalization- Radar
  • John Legend says Selma was Oscar-worthy work- Huffington Post
  • The new Game of Thrones trailer is blowing our minds- Lainey Gossip
  • The big winners at the Sundance Film Festival- The Hollywood Reporter
A Member of Townsquare Entertainment News | Advertise here