Reese Witherspoon Arrested After Jim Toth's DUI Incident

Reese Witherspoon Arrested After Jim Toth's DUI Incident

Reese Witherspoon and her husband Jim Toth were both reportedly arrested in the early morning hours of Friday (April 19) in Atlanta, Ga.

According to Variety, the couple was pulled over under suspicion of driving while intoxicated, after Jim switched into the wrong lane.

He is facing a DUI charge after blowing a .139 on a breathalyzer test, while the 37-year-old actress was arrested due to disorderly conduct. She reportedly disobeyed the officer who told her to stay inside the car.

Reese and Jim were briefly jailed and released on bond at 3:30AM ET. She is currently in Atlanta shooting her upcoming indie drama The Good Lie.

Click inside to read more details from the arrest…

Mrs. Witherspoon began to hang out the window and say that she did not believe that I was a real police officer,” the police report read. “I told Mrs. Witherspoon to sit on her butt and be quiet.”

It continues, “Mrs. Witherspoon asked, ‘Do you know my name?’ I answered, ‘No, I don’t need to know your name.’ I then added, ‘right now.’ Mrs. Witherspoon stated, ‘You’re about to find out who I am.’”

A court appearance is scheduled for Monday at 8AM.

• August Alsina has woken up from his three-day coma - TMZ
  • Justin Bieber has the new iPhone 6- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Pia Mia's new song "Fill Me In"- Just Jared Jr
  • Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury did a duet together- Huffington Post
  • Watch a new trailer for A Most Violent Year- Lainey Gossip
  • David Ayer could be the director for Suicide Squad?- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Mayra Suarez shows off her amazing bikini body - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 » Show All

I am very disappointed to hear this…. Wow, I hope they don’t get off easy! Again, celebrities who think they are above the law!

@Kitty: shut up moron!

@emma:

and here comes the SPIN..

I bet Lindsey and others would love for you to defend them. How is Reese any different then anyone else.. She was wrong. And of course people like you are trying already to say that the cop is lying. or the facts are wrong.

he was driving on the wrong side of road. Could have killed someone Reese should be on her knees thanking the police for stopping their dumbasses before they killed themselves or some INNOCENT driver. Happens everyday. she was WRONG.. nothing to spin or defend. She was wrong. Liking her acting/movies doesn’t make her hands off when she is wrong.

Umm I don’t know where you are from but when people are drunk and/or unruly, you will get this kind of language from a cop. Check out cops…..Because if you’re acting like a child (especially when you’re resisting arrest) you will be treated like a child.

@Kitty:

Never would have happened if she was still married to Ryan Phillippe. Oh Reese Witherspoon, what has happened to your life. :(

@Addie: You wish them well? I wish someone would throw the book at them. Driving Drunk is an absolutely selfish and dangerous crime. You endanger your own life and the lives of everyone else on the road with you. They need HARSH penalties to be levied at these morons on the FIRST offense.

@emma: Emma maybe if you lost someone you love to a drunk driver you’d change your mind that this was just “nothing”. They need HARSH HARSH penalties for the first offense of this crime. Maybe then people would think twice before doing it.

Journalistic @ 04/21/2013 at 6:04 pm

LOL …I think most people already knew she that is not the America’s Sweetheart her people portray her as; she’s a well known c**t and this will, hopefully, her demure fall from grace. Shame on them.

I love how celebrities think their so above everyone else! LOL

“Do you know who I am?”

How many times have we heard celebrities say this? Too many times too count!

Hilarious!

Jim obviously made a huge mistake and may need to consider he has a drinking problem. Good thing there wasn’t an accident.
As for Reese, I can totally imagine her attitude.

Livin' the Life @ 04/21/2013 at 6:07 pm

They both have a drinking problem. You remember when Reese “fell down” and hurt herself ? it was before she got pregnant. You remember that car accident she had on another occasion, in her neighborhood? Reese is a drunk and she has been for years. She is attracted to drunks. Ryan is a drunk and a pothead, and now Jim Toth. She is fine for a while, then she gets “carried away.” They didn’t breathalize her because she wasn’t the driver. The only think she got was a disorderly. They were being nice. She could have gotten drunk & disorderly and interferring with a policeofficer. This is inexcusable. Drunk Drivers kill people. They are both entitled pieces of excrement. Both of them are mean drunks, too. Toth certainly is.

Really KItty? She is full of herself. She should keep her mouth shut. Such a sense of entittlement. What bad role parents for their children and the baby her nanny takes care of. She needs to stop worrying about traveling with her friends and husband, getting her pic taken by paps and re-think the life that she is leading. What a bit@R.

SunnyAutumn @ 04/21/2013 at 6:08 pm

“You don’t tell me to sit my butt down. I’m a celebrity. I make more in a week than you will make in a life time, you cop.” She must ha’ve been buzzed out of her mind, lil hillbilly twat.

keeping it real @ 04/21/2013 at 6:12 pm

Reese better wake up just because paps follow her around does not make her better than others. Can’t wait for the mugshots.

keeping it real @ 04/21/2013 at 6:12 pm

Just because Hollywood overpays you butt does not make you Reese Witherspoon better than others.

an opinion @ 04/21/2013 at 6:14 pm

@emma: Stop reading puff pieces and read articles about how she is rude to a lot of hard working people not just these cops.

The late night shows are going to have a field day with this tomorrow night. I can hear the jokes now starting out with:

Do you know my name???

or this gem

she “stated that she was a ‘US citizen’ and that she was allowed to ‘stand on American ground.’”

Hey maybe Ford will give them an endorsement deal!

Not to judge but she is friends with Chelsea Handler…that says alot. I’m sure jennifer anniston isn’t as “sweet” either. All drunk a**es. It upsets me bc someone could’ve been killed by her husband’s “driving”.

Pattycake @ 04/21/2013 at 6:19 pm

@Addie: Not out of character at all. This could have happened at almost any time since they’ve been together. Including when she was pregnant. They both like to drink. A lot. As well as imbibe other things.

I never bought her sweet, southern girl act. She always comes off as very self-entitled and bitchy. She should have just stayed in the car and kept her mouth shut. She made the situation as bad as it was even worse.

I don’t think she feels entitled, I think she was just drunk.
They had a night out without the kids, had a few drinks and then acted immaturely, but they’re not criminals for this.

KARMA BABY……..KARMA!

@Addie:

Hey,the ‘character’ that we THINK these people carry is only that which they transmit to us electronically via the media. Don’t be naïve. They all put their pants on one leg at a time…or in Reese’s case, one panty hole at a time. Almost all of them are arrogant, self-promoting lemmings.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 » Show All